2001 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

8.3

Based on 1394 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Very dependable mid-size truck.

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, attractive"

Cons: "Paint fades out, susceptible to rust out"

"I have owned this truck for nearly 10 years. No issues with drive train at all. I have the 3.9 six with 5 speed manual, basic, sport model. Replaced the stock 15" wheels with 17" wheels from an R/T. Running larger tires makes all the difference in the world with driveability. Installed cold air intake. Installed colder plugs and colder thermostat. This motor likes to run cool. Not the smoothest idle in the world. But runs like a V8 on the highway. Interior and body style still looks good. But the paint is now sun burned and rust is eating out the rear fenders and fron bumper. Otherwise, its still going strong. It will make somebody a good work truck when I finally let it go."

Dodge makes the best trucks, hands down,

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage,a/c, character, possibilities,"

Cons: "Age, manual windows, selling reason"

"I was able to play around and trick sum things out with this truck. Dropped the back 4inches raised the front with coil spring loads. I painted on it fell in love in this truck and with it too. Rebuilt the entire top half in 2013 so all the bugs are gone. Whoever likes to personalize their rides, this is the best beast for them. She'll let you run her hard so long as you allow a lil rest in between... Good times! I also have the stock rims for it. Took forever to find the perfect wheels for it..."

A tough truck!

By on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pros: "4X4, Road Grip, Duel exhaust, Utility, etc..."

Cons: "Overall fuel economy could better."

"Bought this truck at the beginning of the year. I was very impressed with the 4X4 abilities in snow and ice. Only needed a new battery so far. I have the sport package with the 4.7 probably the best engine Dodge has ever built...It gets the same mileage as the 3.9 but more horses. It gets better mileage than the 5.2 and stronger. I managed 18 mpg on the highway going 65! Duel exhaust gives it a nice Grrrr! Bigger than a Chevy S-10 and Ford Ranger, but smaller than a full-size pick-up...Sometimes I forget I'm in one. Sure it chews through gas but lets see a car haul 2 eight foot beds in a day! Lets see a SUV or Crossover haul several tall tables without difficulty! Lets see a car match the value of a car for the same year and miles! What about the height advantage of seeing the road much easier, not to mention traffic? For me this pick-up's advantages out-weigh its disadvantages by a large margin. I highly doubt I will ever go back to driving a car. I love the Dakota!"

Best mid-sized truck I ve ever owned fits perfectl

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "comfy ride easy entry for all passengers"

Cons: "light foot makes for better mileage"

"Best truck I ve ever owned fits perfect with all my driving needs everyones comfortable front and back if i could keep my foot out of it it would get about 20 mpg but its just so fun to drive with all that power LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT"

Great Truck!

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive! Fast! Low maintenence cost!"

Cons: "MPG MPG MPG!!"

"Its a great truck lots of power and torque 5.9L. Only down side is 13mpg in winter and 14.5mpg in summer. Could use a little more cab space since I have 2 kids. Dakotas are a great truck not too big for parking and narrow mountain roads but still much roomier than comparable trucks like the Nissan Frontier/Toyota Tacoma. I will be buying a 4x4 4.7L soon Ill leave a review on it after a couple of trips to the mountains. So far I have 138k problem free HARD miles! Lots of burnouts and drag races! Pretty fast for a 4200lb quad cab! Hands it to silverados and f-150s all day! Ill never sell or trade my Dakota!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Club Cab near Honolulu. See local deals