1997 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

8.3

Based on 1407 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

best truck i ever had

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"simply my best truck iv ever owned. outran every ranger, s10, vehicle ive ever tried to run. very reliable. great gas milage. 25 mpg. plenty of power. i ve owned rangers and s10s, this is a far way nicer truck. AWSOME TRUCK!!!!!!!!!"

Very reliable

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"I bought this truck brand new and have had it for 12 years and over 222,000 miles. This truck has been extremely reliable for me. With regular oil and filter changes (every 3,000 miles) this truck will last you a long time. A common problem with these is the intake manifold pan gasket leaking. Mine was using oil (about 1.5 qt every 3,000 miles) but not smoking or leaking and this gasket was the culprit. The stock ball joints only lasted about 90,000 miles with mostly highway driving. Another problem with mine was the throttle position sensor. It seemed that the transmission was occasionally slipping in overdrive, but it turned out to be this sensor which was only about $25 (much cheaper than a rebuilt transmission)."

VERY SOLID TRUCK

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I bought my truck 7 years ago with 40K miles on it. Just passed 128K miles and still goin strong. Probably the best truck I have owned. The 4.7 V-8 has plenty of power and gas mileage is good if I am not too aggressive. Cab is plenty roomy and comfy. Easy to drive in traffic. Will buy another if this one ever quits :-)"

Ole Reliable

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"I bought my Dakaota new in '98 and have owned it for 11yrs. Over those years I've had to replace some parts i.e. the ball joints, the pinion gears, and the brakes but other than that (which I would consider normal wear and tear for an 11yr old vehicle) all I've had to do is change the oil and give it regular tune-ups. This truck has seen extensive off road use and 11 very hard winters with months on end with the transmission engaged in 4WD. It has also made several long distance road trips with nary a problem. I have only 2 complaints about this truck: 1) the gas mileage is a horrendous 15mpg so when the prices spike I have to curtail my driving a little and 2) there is a reaccuring rust problem with the bumpers that I can't seem to overcome no matter how much sanding and repainting happens but as the truck is getting old now and it doesn't seem to be affecting the body at all I believe tat I'll just let it go. All in all this truck has serviced me very well for a long time and it still shows no sign of letting up any time soon so i would highly recommend it."

very dependable

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"overall, the dakota has been a quality vehicle, dependable and 99% trouble free. Except for a bad heater control switch, and a dealer induced computer failure, the truck has been a faithful friend.Being four wheel drive, the factory suspension is a little stiff, but better a little stiff than little soft. Four wheel drive has been trouble free. Truck is easy to maintain, and easy to work on."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Club Cab near Honolulu. See local deals