1997 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

8.3

Based on 1404 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Best mid-sized truck I ve ever owned fits perfectl

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "comfy ride easy entry for all passengers"

Cons: "light foot makes for better mileage"

"Best truck I ve ever owned fits perfect with all my driving needs everyones comfortable front and back if i could keep my foot out of it it would get about 20 mpg but its just so fun to drive with all that power LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT"

best truck i ever had

By on Saturday, February 16, 2008

"simply my best truck iv ever owned. outran every ranger, s10, vehicle ive ever tried to run. very reliable. great gas milage. 25 mpg. plenty of power. i ve owned rangers and s10s, this is a far way nicer truck. AWSOME TRUCK!!!!!!!!!"

I'm a girl and I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"It's incredibly versatile - I can haul 3 horses no problem, 3/4 tons of gravel, front seats very comfortable, passengers are comfortable in the back, 4 door convenience for groceries etc., truck bed convenience. It's like a truck and car all in one. I bought this truck new in '02 because I needed a truck and a car, even though I was dubious about an American made vehicle. It has all the extras - quad cab, manual 4.7 V8, stabilizeers, tow package, power package w/power driver's seat, premium stereo system. It drives like a dream. The only real problem has been the brakes, which I knew would be a problem from Consumer reports. The only other complaint is the transmission is a bit loose and sloppy, but it works OK. The engine is fabulous, quiet and powerful. HOW TO FIX THE BRAKE PROBLEM FOREVER The brake sticking problem is because the pistons are ceramic and easily overheat with normal use. When you take it to the dealer they replace them with - you guessed it - ceramic pistons, which continue to overheat and stick. Find a good mechanic and ask them to replace the pistons with STEEL ones. The brake pistons won't be a problem again. Unfortunately I waited too long and one of the rotors warped. But it's a really good truck. I'll drive it until it totally falls apart!"

This is the BEST vehicle you can buy!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Good price, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Crank windows, no rear window on mine"

"I have had this vehicle for a little over a year. Its been the best vehicle I have had, and I have put over 20,000 miles. Its not a huge rig, but its mid sized, perfect for me. It's a little short on the creature comforts (i.e. Leather seats, etc.) But nothing around this model year for a truck beats it in gas mileage, cost, and towing power. I doubt I will ever trade this in, as I have always driven a truck and this is the best one I have ever driven."

Reliable, comfortable, under-powered

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "rebliable, easy to operate"

Cons: "v6 is underpowered"

"I have owned this vehicle for a year. It has the 3.7L v6, with a standard transmission, 4wd, 6.5ft bed, standard cab. I love having the standard with 4wd, this truck goes through a decent amount of snow and mud. The v6 is not enough for this truck, because of the little engine, i only average about 11.8 mpg in the city, and 19 on the highway (if i am lucky.) If i could choose this truck again, it would be identical, with the exception of the engine."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Dakota Club Cab near Honolulu. See local deals