2014 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,053 - $26,060.

10/7.0

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

So much fun to drive

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fast,Fun,Comfortable,Spacious,Beautiful Exterior"

Cons: "Not Great on gas, Hard to go the speed limit"

"I've been renting this model while my car is in the shop, and I have to admit I like it much more than I thought I would.. The acceleration this car has is almost unreal and It makes for a very fun highway commute. Not nearly as fun to drive down residential streets due to its great acceleration, I often catch myself going 15-20 MPH over the speed limit without even realizing. Personally I find it to be a very attractive car, the perfect balance of flash and elegance. You'll certainly turn a few heads driving this bad boy down a residential not only because its a nice car... but also because its a loud one! (at least compared to what I'm used to driving) The sound system is decent, It gets very loud but something about it just sound strange I can't put my finger on it. As far as the Interior its super comfortable and spacious with plenty of cup holders and space in the console. I'm only gonna have this car for 2-3 weeks when all is said and done, but can honestly say I would highly recommend this car to anybody looking to buy one."

One badass ride

By on Sunday, June 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive,very cool appearance."

Cons: "All Chargers should have foglights and spoilers."

"Super car overall I have an SE with V-6.Very powerful engine and the vehicle drives like a dream especially on the interstate.Very hardcore stance,and with sculpted hood and sides,a real beauty.Very nice dash and interior.The 164 led's on the tail are too cool.Dodge has really built a winner here,just like back in the day!"

Great gas mileage!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "MPG!! Ride, features."

Cons: "Trunk is small."

"Best thing about our Charger? The mileage! We get about 30-34 MPG highway and usually 26 city. We have never had a problem with our car, other than the occasional recalls from Dodge. The ride is good, love the sunroof here in Tennessee, seats very comfortable, and the features are great!"

Love my 2013 SRT8 Charger!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "stylish, fun to drive, powerful & comfortable."

Cons: "only averages 19 MPG, but I don't mind."

"I bought a 2011 Charger RT first and I liked the car but wanted more. Traded for the 2013 SRT8 and now it's the most fun car I ever owned. I was going to buy something sportier like the new Camaro but when you look at the interior room and trunk of the Charger, its so much more car. Runs great, handles great (excellent for a full sized car), stylish looks, room for 5 adults, and stuffed with technologically advanced options, what more could you want from a car."

Drives like a Dream

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, very roomy, I always get compliments"

Cons: "no navigation or dvd"

"I have had this car for almost a year and I'm still in love with it! My Dodge Charger is a Toxic Orange color with 2 black stripes down the center! It's a true beauty and her name is "Fiona"!"

Love the "NEW" Charger

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, great mpg, great responsiveness"

Cons: "None so far"

"I absolutely adore this car! The 8-speed transmission was worth every extra penny I paid for it! Every time I drive it I am more and more impressed with the performance, power and most of all gas mileage because I drive 74 miles roundtrip weekdays, averaging 33-35 mpg at 70-75 mph. This is my 2nd Charger--does that tell you anything about how great a product Chrysler Corp. makes? My '06 had 167,000 miles on it when it was sold. This makes my 4th Dodge vehicle, not counting learning to drive on my Dad's Dodge Dart."

Totally satisfied with this car.

By on Sunday, July 05, 2015

Pros: "One of the best and fastest cars out there."

Cons: "I wish they offered a manual transmission."

"This R/T Plus gets great mileage for a high performance car. It is very comfortable for five adults. It is faster than almost anything on the road. If I want to pass someone, I do. It rides very well, has a huge truck, and is full of great features. I bought this car new in 2013. It is my second charger. My first one was a 2008 also bought new. I traded off the 2008 for this 2013. The 2008 had 99,900 trouble free miles. This 2013 has 27,000 miles and has never had any problems to date."

2014 All Wheel Drive SXT. Very Nice Car!

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Fun car, Economical and Comfortable. Nice interior"

Cons: "All Wheel Drive costs more, but worth it in snow."

"I average 27mpg or more with a very smooth and powerful V6 with 300 horsepower. This car rides very smooth and handles like a sports car. I really enjoy the comfort and handling of this car. 2014 SXT All Wheel Drive. Snow will not keep this car in the garage. Even on very windy days, this car cuts through the wind and the interior is quiet. Dodge did good on the Charger!"

Continuing improvement pays big !

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Price, power, mileage, reliable, stylish"

Cons: "V6 needs more torque."

"After owning a Ford Crown Vic and an LX Charger, my 2013 is light years ahead of both of those vehicles. First, the purchase price and resale values are exceptional. The exterior design, the interior design - with all of the little touches included - the new V6. Fuel economy is great. It has plenty of power. It's very quiet. The front suspension now holds up. The car handles very well. The 5-spd Auto transmission works perfectly. Chrysler gave me 3 years of free maintenance. Reliability and durability have been absolutely perfect. Anyone looking for an outstanding value? The 2011 and up Charger is IT !!!"

I love this car - This hits all my buttons

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Value, RWD, Blacktop...fun to drive"

Cons: "No RV Camera, Sunroof Screen, Slapstick Shifting."

"When the 2011 Charger hit the showrooms with its restyled read and front facias, I knew this car would be a hit with the retro crowd. I learned how to drive on a 1972 Cadillac Coup De Ville so I know and love behemoth RWD cars especially with unique styling, since most modern cars appear so similar and utilitarian. When they added the 8 speed transmission to the V6 and rated the highway milage at 30, I knew the time was right to trade in my Lexus IS250 which was getting about 23 MPG (looped). I wanted a full size car with RWD and the Chargers unique styling put it right at the forefront of my choices. I made my deal (with some hiccups at the dealership), and took delivery. They sold me a SXT with the Blacktop package, and was one of the few cars on the lot with a sunroof. The Blacktop Package turns the base model into a beast with the available sport mode shifting (holds gears longer). The higher profile tires and beefed up suspension give the car a sporty and responsive feel, and really ups the ante over the base model. The interior should have come with the 8.4 radio but the factory had run out of stock so, they placed the 4.3 radio in the car. I wasn't looking for Navigation (that's what my Android phone is for). Bluetooth paired well with both my HTC and my current Samsung Galaxay S4. Pairing will also allow you to stream audio from your phone to the car. You can also have USB access to your device. If you drop a USB flash drive into the slot you will have full access to your music, but the menu options are spotty, and cannot access them while you are driving. The seating is comfortable and I had the car reupholstered with leather seating surfaces (on their dime as that is how the car was advertised, but not delivered). Rear seat and trunk are cavernous and allows me to carry all my musical gear to and fro. The rear seat folds down for expanded cargo room. Downsides No rear camera When the sunroof is open there is a mesh screen instead of a solid lip. The screen catches bugs while you are driving, so it is recommended that you inspect it and blow it clean as needed. Slapstick shifter must be watched as you shift, make sure nothing is blocking the way of the stick (i.e., cables and such) to ensure that the shifter will shift to your desired position."

Excellent - but heavy and slow off the start

By on Monday, June 29, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive. AWD good in the snow."

Cons: "slower than most similar vechicles"

"The V6 has good power. But the car is heavy (2 tons) and slow off the start. Compliments daily on the exterior and interior. Enjoyable to drive daily. No major compliants. AWD is good in the snow. Depending on the tires you have on. Much cooler looking than those pansy mustangs."

Middle of the road Muscle Car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Quick start"

Cons: "No top end"

"Needs work on improving brake system, electronics, radio, cruise control, antenna, exterior, plastic body parts."

8 speed trans. is sweet

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Love the drivetrain, lots of car for the money"

I love this car...

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"Big Roomy smooth , Handles awesome, great acceleration... A car this size should not get this kind of gas milage..... And it looks great....."

Love this car so aggressive

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "everything"

"The Best Car I have ever own and people still tell me that my car is nice even though its 4 years old and I have put 64,000 miles on this car."

A first class vehicle.

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Reasonably priced; excellent acceleratiion"

Cons: "Seats a bit too firm; annoying shifter"

"With V-6 & AWD, I get 30mpg on interstate, 25 in mixed driving, much better than previously owned 2010 V-6 RWD Cadillac CTS. 2014 Dodge SXT AWD does everything that Mercedes E350 4matic (which I considered) would do, and better, at half the cost. No problems thus far, but could use better quality tires as standard equipment. Electronic shifter can be annoying at times. Otherwise, car rides well, accelerates quickly, is very responsive and roomy. Touchscreen controls are straight-forward and easy to use."

Excellent driving and milage

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Body style, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Back seats leg room, cloth sports seats dirty easy"

"Use as a work vehicle and put on the miles quick. Wanted something comfortable and larger as its a rolling office. Trunk is large and holds 5 suitcases or about two grocery carts of bottled Yuengling in the 12 pack and case form. Back seats do not give the best leg room for tall folks if driving for a while. But my research noted I wanted to go with the 3.6 six cylinder with 8 speed transmission for best mileage. My best average is 38.5 mpg, including some light town driving. Window sticker says 31mpg but get 33mpg to 35mpg regularly. But I don't drive with jack rabbit starts and quick braking but look ahead and anticipate braking..but still get that mileage with the occasional quick speed start which sounds great when accelerating. I avoid the ethanol as it will reduce mileage substantially. E-85 engine will get 14 to 16 mpg and it doesn't pay to get that stuff,(your already paying for it as taxpayers subsidizing, so the real cost is more.) plus its hard on your engine, more heat less energy and I don't like filling up twice as often. Even e-10 reduces down to 26 to 28 mpg. Never know it to be a six cylinder penstar engine. Have 40,000 miles in 16 months, bought new with 6 and I put those on too. Very maneuverable and responsive."

This is my Quickest car yet. SRT8

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Every time I drive it, I'm hitting the gas hard."

Cons: "My only gripe is the exhaust sound, way too soft."

"Just bought it from a dealer a month ago used with only 5500 miles and it is fast..470 Horsepower is awesome. 25 MPG on highway/12 in city, I floor it a lot. Wherever I park it people will come to check it out. Especially being red with a blacked out grille. Has every available option. The ventilated seats are cool."

First New car

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Great gas mileage with V6 8speed trans. 32-34 mpg. Excellent ride quality with sport suspension. Roomy interior with excellent visibility. Large trunk."

Pretty Great Car So Far

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to own and drive, looks great, pretty fast"

Cons: "Voice control isn't great?"

"I have a 2012 R/T Plus. The leather interior is really nice. The interior is simple, which I like. Not a ton of unnecessary buttons or knobs. Though mine does have a lot of options on it, everything remains uncluttered. Almost everything is controlled from the touch screen in the center of the dash, from the heated/cooled seats to A/C, Navigation, to setting up the features of the car. The V8 is very good. It can definitely get out of its own way. Sure, a v8 mustang or Camaro is faster, but can they have 3 kids in the back seat? No, not if they want their kids to like them. The Charger R/T is the perfect car for someone who wants that muscle/pony car power, but also has need for usable back seat and trunk. Definitely also worth considering the sister car, the Chrysler 300. They can typically (at least in my area) be had with more options for less money, though they are functionally the same car. I like the look of the Charger much better though. YMMV. The smart high beams are brilliant. Come on when it's night time... go off anytime another car is within visible range of the headlights. Rain sensing wipers work perfectly. No more fiddling with the wiper control trying to get the right wiper speed. Cooled seats are perfect on sticky summer days. heated/cooled cupholders really do work decently. Overall, at least on the R/T Plus, a lot of small conveniences that make the car fun to own, combined with an engine that makes it fun to drive... Can't beat combo."

Its awesome

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Wonderful drive, decent price"

"There will be times when you see a dodge charger zoom past you and you will wonder what it feels like to drive that car. You will feel like there is something missing while driving your own car. I can say that feeling is true because this 2012 charger is incredible. If you like driving, if you like to be on the road, then this is a car you want."

Fun to drive and gets lots of looks!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "fast and pretty"

Cons: "Honestly cant think of any."

"I have the R/T with the road and track package(rare to find on an R/T) She is comfortable, fast and good on the eyes. I traded up from an 06 to my '12...Love what they did to make her a luxury sedan. We have heated/cooled seats, leather everywhere, heated/cooled cupholders, you name it Dodge thought it up. Would recommend to anyone looking to have fun in style and comfort."

fun to drive, terrific styling,great performance f

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the value,"

Cons: "So far none"

"previous car was a 2004 Camry. New charger reminded me that a car can be fun to drive again. People stop to admire styling, Its 2 years old and I still look forward to driving it. Terrific sound and performance from a six cylinder engine with 8 speed trans."

My favorite car ever, great millage, style, value

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, looks, rides & handles great"

Cons: "needs more low end torque"

"I love this car almost as much as my 70 Cuda'. V6 292 HP with 8 speed auto and paddle shifters. Fun to drive, handles well, looks great. 55600+ miles and not one problem. Original tires & breaks with many miles left on each. Lots of room and I am 6'3" and 220 lbs. When I have it paid off, I will trade it in for another. I hope by then Dodge offers the Hemi with the 8 speed to get those few extra MPG."

Beautiful, fun, yet practical..

By on Monday, August 03, 2015

"This car is a hoot to drive. It gets 28 mpg on average and even with the V6 it is a fast car. I get a lot of compliments on its looks. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone..."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next