2014 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,940 - $26,623.

10/7.0

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Charged about the Charger

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

"I have owned the 2012 Dodge Charger for 1 year (3.5 L / 8 speed auto). So far, it has been a joy to own. I love the look, room, performance and handling. For the record, I learned after handwashing it, the paint job was imperfect (minor imperfections). Also, although changing gears is generally smooth, the vehicle will surge, if you "floor it." For instance, when you "floor it," there is a minor lack of response and then the automatic transmission appears to struggle to "catch up." Despite this, I am very happy with the car's perfomance. Besides, who really needs to "floor it" in everyday life (commuting lifestyle). If I wanted a real race car, I would've purchased the 5.7 L or the 6.1 L version. But, I chose economy. So far, gas mileage has been within the expected/advertised range. Overall, I am very happy with my Charger. In fact, I am considering purchasing another one in a couple years, unless I have other issues after this year."

It was love at first drive!

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Power, comfort, touch screen"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

"Did a month of major research in looking fo a new car. Test drove 8 cars. Was settled on the BMW 328i, didn't even consider a Chysler product, until a stumbled upon a ton of positive reviews for the Charger and 300. The 6 cylinder was great, but the Hemi is in another universe! The power is effortless and almost scary! (Can't imagine what the SRT8 is like) But forgot the acceleration for a moment, everything else about this car is top notch. The smooth quiet ride. The touch screen was learned on the test drive it was so easy. This car makes driving fun and enjoyable. Yes, it is not fuel effecient, but you cannot expect it in this type of car. Driving is believing!"

This car has all the bells and whistles.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Want a fast family car with all the bells and whistles, this is it. Shows beautiful and runs great. Glad to see, Mopar is back. It is not the fastest car out here, but is alot of fun to drive. Kids always say, show us what it's got. So I leave a little rubber and you can see the smiles. Well boys will be boys. Buy one you will be delighted. Get the R/T max"

Love my car, it has changed the way I drive!

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

Pros: "AWD, hemi, Garmin navigation, style, and value."

Cons: "Sport specific and lines of sight are not ideal."

"The power and handling of the care are exceptional. Comfort is good although the ride is a little bumpy on regular roads. Lots of power and fun for a daily driver, at just the right price."

R/T max - great car - fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the price."

Cons: "None that I can think of."

"R/T Max w/hemi is a great road car - makes 200+mi trips effortless. Gas mileage runs ~22mpg but if gas mileage is an issue; don't buy it. The interior and accoutrements are outstanding. The touchscreen and nav package together with all the other features make the car an outstanding buy."

leads the pack..

By on Friday, December 14, 2012

Pros: "Power, handling, quietness, equipment level."

Cons: "Tyre noise(Michelin..surprisingly)"

"Took delivery of this car last Sept. I must admit that it has really surprised me with its fuel efficiency, snap-on power and quietness. The level of interior quality is very good, amazing 8-speed gearbox, and it just makes you want to be in the car forever. Dodge has nailed it...."

This is the One.

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Chassis, comfort, performance, value."

Cons: "18" wheels get lost; 20's sacrifice comfort."

"Ask my wife; I am always in the market for a new car. It was a hobby. No more. I've had 2 GTO's, a G8 GT, Sonata 2.0t, Genesis (Coupe and Sedan), Sierra Quad Cab... the list goes on. You get the idea. The 2012 Charger SXT is the best car I have ever owned. (Hint: add a Cold Air Intake to the V6. It will help you get over not having a V8 right around 5700rpm. The snarl is intoxicating.) Be patient, look for good deals, and you can take an SXT home for under $25k. It devours interstates for lunch. 70mph = 1500rpm. The chassis is solid. It handles well for such a large car. It has all the features you want; none of the stuff you don't. "Base" stereo with the 8.4 touchscreen is Alpine. Nice! The transmission anticipates your next move. HUGE on the inside, sexy on the outside. If the styling is too much... go with a 300. I'll say this: the car begs for a lumpy torque-monster V8. But unless you live stoplight-to-stoplight, the overachieving Pentastar V6 will take you from 0-60 in well under 7 seconds while sipping regular unleaded. The 8-speed vs. the 5-speed for the Hemi closes the desirability gap between the two considerably."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "great price, fund to drive, lots of trunk space"

Cons: "In dash gps should be standard"

"Handles great and is awesome on fuel mileage. Fully loaded on highway avg 30 mpg. Light load on highway 33 mpg avg. Looks great, drives great, is a head turner. Highly suggest the in dash gps, my vehicle does not have that. All else is awesome. Love this car. Converted me from a Chevy Fan to a Dodge Dude."

Its awesome

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Wonderful drive, decent price"

"There will be times when you see a dodge charger zoom past you and you will wonder what it feels like to drive that car. You will feel like there is something missing while driving your own car. I can say that feeling is true because this 2012 charger is incredible. If you like driving, if you like to be on the road, then this is a car you want."

i have owned jaguars to 300 c's...by far my fav!!

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "i would get boring, and 50 characters is not enoug"

Cons: "none to me!"

"love, love, love this car!!! perfect size for comfort, but still small enough to be a hoot to drive. the hemi engine is quick and responsive, no problems passing or entering the highway with this car. a dream to drive, and so glad i purchased a fully loaded model, she is a real "smart car"! all wheel drive goes through the snow like nothing.a great car for mid-lifers who want luxury, but still like a bit more under the hood."

Really Sweet Ride!

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Aggressive look/gas mileage/ride quality/features"

Cons: "rear deck panel rattle/wide swing-out front doors"

"Got the 2012 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop package in March. Liked the aggressive look and quiet ride. Takes off like a rocket in sport mode-cool paddle shifters on steering wheel. Great sound system with the Alpine speakers. 8.4" display is easy to see and navigate. Just a LOT of great features in this car. Gas mileage on the 292 HP V-6 is actually better than my previous Honda Accord sedan with the 4 cylinder. Looks wicked just sitting in the drive way! Not having to use a key at all took a little getting used to, but pretty cool. Heated fabric seats are awesome in the winter. The only things I would change? The rear plastic panel between the seats and back window vibrates when you crank up the volume-may have to get that addressed. And the front doors swing out extremely wide - you have to really stretch for them when seated in the front driver/passenger seats. Other than that, a real pleasure to own and drive!"

best car i have ever had

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "everything"

"the 2011 charger is awesome i ordered it directly from the factory with all the features i wanted been on 4 road trips with it and it has never let me down it is a car that gets lots of attention."

My favorite vehicle of all!

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "AWD + Hemi"

Cons: "No cons so far."

"My Charger is the perfect combination--the Hemi plus the AWD to get me back and forth in the snow. I love this car! It is comfortable, spacious, looks nice, drives great and again, sporty but AWD. I love the touchscreen and the heated seats. It also has a vehicle info controlled from the steering wheel which allows me to check my tire pressure at any time, my estimated miles per gallon and more. So far, I am extremely satisfied with my Charger."

Love the "NEW" Charger

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Great looks, great mpg, great responsiveness"

Cons: "None so far"

"I absolutely adore this car! The 8-speed transmission was worth every extra penny I paid for it! Every time I drive it I am more and more impressed with the performance, power and most of all gas mileage because I drive 74 miles roundtrip weekdays, averaging 33-35 mpg at 70-75 mph. This is my 2nd Charger--does that tell you anything about how great a product Chrysler Corp. makes? My '06 had 167,000 miles on it when it was sold. This makes my 4th Dodge vehicle, not counting learning to drive on my Dad's Dodge Dart."

Great car, surprised me when I test drove it.

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Great style, good engine performance, value."

Cons: "8-speed transmission needs some tweaking."

"When looking for a new vehicle I was not looking at the Charger, but after driving it I made the purchase. I am really enjoying it so far. Great look and style. The V6 performs well and the new 8-speed transmission does well but could use some tweaking. Very nicely equipped for the price. Gas mileage is spot on so far. Speakers are so-so."

The best car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

"I was never a muscle car type, but once I drove this car i was hooked. Just a fun driving car."

THIS CAR IS GREAT

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NONE"

"I HAVE OWNED DOZENS OF VEHICLES IN MY LIFETIME. THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST VEHICLE OUT OF ALL OF THEM. THE STYLING, HANDLING, INTERIOR FEATURES ARE INCREDIBLE. I DROVE MY CHARGER FROM MASS. TO MAINE AND AVERAGED 32MPG DRIVING AT 70-75 MPH. PEOPLE STOP ME AND ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME. ITS A GREAT CAR. THE NEW BODY STYLE AND INTERIOR DESIGN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLDER BODY STYLE CHARGERS. I JUST DONT THINK THERE IS ANY OTHER WORD TO DESCRIBE IT BUT, GREAT..... GO BUY ONE AND ENJOY IT HOPEFULLY AS MUCH AS I DO...... MOPAR ALL THE WAY......"

2012 SRT8 Blacked out

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Unique Ride"

Cons: "Have to put in Storage for winter grrrrrr price"

"Love the key less entry and power of this ride is plenty :) Traded my 09 RT for the 2012 SRT and so far gas difference is negligible. I like the uniqueness of the SRT as you just don't see many in my area (Buffalo NY) but see stangs, challengers, camaros all the time."

Rediscover the Joy of Driving!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "A thrill to drive, best all around value."

Cons: "Wasn't free?"

"I am just finishing 1000 miles on an SXT we bought with the sport package. This is the V6 with 8-speed transmission. The car is beautiful and looks like no other on the road. Chrysler/Dodge have the best looking cars out there these days. It is also a thrill to drive. My wife and I kept coming back to this while shopping for a new sedan for the family. She picked it, honestly! We both love driving it, and it is nowhere near the boring family mobiles that are the standard for the <30K price range. There is plenty of power and very smooth acceleration. 0-60 in seven seconds or less is a little scary. Honestly, I think I would accidentally kill myself if we got the Hemi! We are averaging 24+ all around mpg in spite of the horsepower this packs. The drive is confident and stable even on sharp turns and braking is sure. Interior is comfortable and the 8.4 Uconnect central control is easy to use. Audio is loud and clear and the car will take you back to 70's rock and roll. Think "I'm in love with my car" by Queen! Bluetooth for phone and music streaming is a great feature and easy to set up. Coupled with the steering wheel and voice command, this has just about everything you need. We did not get the NAV option as it was expensive and hard to find. Our phones do that for free anyway. We are thrilled with this car. I couldn't rate reliability because it is new, but all the reviews of the engine say it is about the best engineered V6 around and the transmission is the flagship made by ZF, a premier German manufacturer that also supplies high-end BMW, Audi and others. So you can't get much better."

May be the best car I ever owned

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Fast and smooth, Styiing and V8 growl"

Cons: "Price hits $40K with all the options"

"Bought new in May 2012. Opted for the Road and Track Package in Redline Pearl Metallic. Car is quiet, fast, smooth. The cylinder switch off is seamless; when you punch the throttle it stuffs you back into your seat! Great highway cruiser and the IRS and sticky tires are great on the twisty bits. Electronics are great, Brakes are awesome. This car inspires confidence. Mileage on the highway is 26 if I nurse it along, but mostly get around 16-17 since this car is no fun to drive slow! Lots of fun and I would recommend it to anyone if you like Detroit iron. Also has been utterly reliable with only routine maintenance so far and one recall for some electrical fuse check which they fixed at oil change time."

I love this car.

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Power, handling, electronics and I love the seats"

Cons: "I would have given it more head room."

"I have had this car since May and the more I drive it the better I like it. My car has the Road & Track option. There are a few things I would have done differently but that can be said with any car. It is an excellent well made car. A recent 700 mile road trip netted me 27 mpg (5mpg better than my Lincoln). This one is a keeper."

tecnology is great very easy smooth.

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "fun car love it."

Cons: "a little vibration."

"hands free calling the phone system great very user friendly, great looking car some vibration at speeds from 40-55 dealer can not find a problem. overall i would give it a 9."

great car! great value!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "great price, great gadgets, great comfort"

Cons: "blacktop version not in AWD"

"I own the sxt plus w the Blacktop package. I fell in love w this car the moment i laid eyes on it. the body lines are agressive, the interior is ultra roomy for me. All of the creature comforts were amazing. But what really blew me away was the price. 8 speed transmission is smooth and the ride is very responsive. I too did not fully trust the quality from Chrystler so i purchased the extended warranty. I recommend this car completely!!"

Great car

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, plenty of gizmos to keep me busy"

Cons: "took a huge drop in value"

"I simply love this car. Although I was skepital of Dodge products, I couldn't pass this beast up. I am sure glad I didn't. The interior is very roomy and comfortable. The V6 has more than enough power, and the electronics for the Ralleye package keep me entertained. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a family or sport sedan!!"

best car ive ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "fast, fun to drive, enough room for all my friends"

Cons: "ECO MODE"

"i have the R/T with the super track pack and this car is a blast to drive. handles great and car is fast. had to do the recall on the door handles but other then that no issues with the car. even more fun when you turn off the traction controls...."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25