2014 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,073 - $26,686.

10/7.0

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Tons of research and test drives... never a doubt

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, HUGE cabin, you'll love it"

Cons: "No self-cloning technology"

"I started looking at Dodge Chargers in 2009 and drove a new 2010 RT fully loaded for the first time. It was enjoyable, but not amazing. 2011 rolled around before I test drove another right after the redesign.. man was I stoked.. that was the most enjoyable test drive of any vehicle I had ever had. I was driving a little 4-cylinder Hyundai Elantra at the time.. I drove both the V6 and the V8 Chargers and was elated with both. However in the end, the V8 won me over. I watched and researched every little thing I could for over 3 years before finally grabbing my Charger and I've been absolutely impressed, excited, and delighted with my choice! The heated/cooled cupholders were a very nice touch, as were the soft lighting additions behind the door handles on the inside. Everything about the cabin felt so very well thought out and was exquisitely done. A few notes about the two machines: V6 does not ride as smooth as the V8, I'm guessing the suspension and sheer weight difference are likely the causes. V6 gas mileage is a little better than the Hemi v8, but only a little on the highway, much more so in-town. I average a little better than what the window sticker suggested (17mpg city, 26 hwy sticker, 17mpg city, 28mpg hwy actual). A tip for other potential buyers: especially in the V8, Cruise is your friend.. use it alot if you want to keep your fuel costs lower. The automatic tranny will downshift for you when you kick on cruise, while if you don't have the paddleshifters, you're kind of stuck otherwise. While it feels big.. my Charger doesn't feel sluggish or unwieldy. It drives very nimbly and agile, especially for its' size. I can vouch for 0-60 in around 5.5-6 seconds ^.^. While I'm not a racer, I chose my V8 because it handles so impeccably well! I wanted a vehicle that was one of the best there is to keep me and my passengers out of wrecks, not survive them. The handling on the Charger leaves me no doubts that it is what I was looking for, it's incredibly responsive for its' size and weight. I drove 2010 or newer mustangs, I test drove new Camaros, and even a bmw and a Genesis. The bmw and genesis weren't really even in the same class performance-wise, and the camaro had a horrendously rough ride. The mustang just felt too refined, yet not nearly as comfortable. All of them felt very small and confined compared to the positively huge cabin space of the Charger. My Wife-to-be loves my car as much as I do... we may get another when it comes time to replace her Element. :D"

Best ride ever. Love the speed/suspension.

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Like driving a small sports car w/its suspension."

Cons: "The gas. Get a smaller engine if you're concerned"

"The car's suspension is fantastic and the handling is like driving a small sports car. With the Hemi you should already know that gas is expensive. Interior (I have the cloth) is so comfortable and the heated seats are the best. I have arthritis and I use it a lot. The trunk can handle a full luggage for 4 for the week. The back seat with the pull down beverage console. It has been my dream to own this vehicle. 17 mph city 24 highway."

German handling with Hemi power & AWD

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, great fun"

"I gave up on US built cars more than 27 years ago and have been driving German and Semi-luxury Japanese since. I've watched the Charger for several years as the quality continued to improve; loved the style, wanted the power. I bought about 4,000 miles ago and found that after 30 years of boredom. I love driving again. Handling is exceptional. 0 to 60 takes your breath away. Kick it at 50 straight up and the blood drains from your face. At 63, it's 1969 all over again. 375 HP, 395 lb/ft of torque with 552 watts, 10 speakers and a sub-woofer in the trunk. No quality issues, everything performs as it should or better. Dodge got it right this time and I'm enjoying every day. 40 years from now, do you really think folks will be going to the classic car auctions to bid on a Camry?"

Fun to drive and gets lots of looks!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "fast and pretty"

Cons: "Honestly cant think of any."

"I have the R/T with the road and track package(rare to find on an R/T) She is comfortable, fast and good on the eyes. I traded up from an 06 to my '12...Love what they did to make her a luxury sedan. We have heated/cooled seats, leather everywhere, heated/cooled cupholders, you name it Dodge thought it up. Would recommend to anyone looking to have fun in style and comfort."

2013 Charger SRT

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "instant power, extremely fast, excellent features"

Cons: "Would be nice to install apps to sound system"

"This is one awesome ride. The performance is breath taking, the build quality is excellent, the sound system is amazing. The handling is pretty amazing as well. The power is literally instant on. On other cars I have owned there is a small gap of time from throttle press, but not on the SRT. This car will be accelerating "before" my brain has even figured out that I stepped on the gas pedal. It's really hard to knock a vehicle that can run down M5's and Maserati's on the highway and costs around $50K. 110mph in this car feel like 50 in a normal car, it's just that planted and solid. The Harmon Kardon sound system with surround sound is really amazing. I have owned some vehicles with nice sound systems, but nothing like this. The closest thing I can think of is the Bose system in some GM vehicles, but's honestly it's not as good as the Harmon Kardon in the Charger. It's actually hard to drive this car with restraint. I try and use the adaptive cruise control, which is also my favorite feature of this vehicle, and there is only so long one can drive and be passed up in this car with so much power under the hood. It screams to be released. Passing on the highway is extremely simple. Within a few seconds (if even that) I can out accelerate 99.9% of all cars and pass. This is a good in town cruiser as long as you don't mind paying for the gas station stops. 14mpg in the city is about right. 23mpg on the high way is about right as well, as long as I use the cruise control and keep the cruise set at or a little under 65. But running for a long time on cruise control is a little like trying to feed jelly beans to a starving lion. Sooner or later, the lion will overcome his hunger and gorge. As much as this "can be" a practical car, it definitely wants to be driven. I do look forward to taking the SRT track day and seeing how this car can run on the race track. Owning this car, even for just a short period of time has raised my interest in being able to take a car like this and drive it to the local race track, just to let the lion out to stretch his legs. This is not my first "fast car" but no other car has sparked that interest in track driving like the SRT and I have also owned Corvettes and Lotus as well. I like the idea of real functioning hood scoops and brake vents. They are just not fake vents in this car, they are real and serve a purpose. It gives the car the exotic look since it has real functioning equipment. The interior is really nice with aluminum and billet replacing plastic. The dash trim wasn't stolen from another car, it was purpose built for the SRT and I can feel the quality. If you buy one, buy it with the red leather and thank me later. That being said I do have a few small recommendations to buyers and the design team at SRT: The car needs to be a bit louder, this is after all a car that run in the same pack with super cars and it needs to sound like one not just at wide open throttle. At the very least give a prospective buyer the ability to "opt in" for a slightly louder exhaust note. A better selection of colors would be nice as well. Muscle cars were known for outlandish colors and stripes and the charger is no different. I would have love to bought a super bee, but most on dealer lots are fairly stripped down and lack the nice sound system of the full blown SRT model. It would be nice if the flag ship product of Chrysler would allow installing apps such as Pandora. SRT is a high performance premium brand and it needs to be on the bleeding edge to command it's price. One last small item is not being able to add the mopar appearance package, which can be added to other models. Luckily I had the dealer buy it separately and then install it. This package includes lighted door sills, interior lighting effects, billet pedals for the floor and a beefy mopar t-handle shifter to replace the teeny leather one that came in the car. That package added the finishing touches to a car that was already awesome in it's own right. As long as one does not mind the higher insurance premiums on this car, or the slightly higher price at the pump, it's definitely a super car bargain. I always wondered what it would be like to own a maserati quattroporte or an aston martin rapide, and even though I own neither I can still say that I understand what it would be like to own either. The Charger really is that good."