2013 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,622 - $24,631.

10/7.1

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

This is my Quickest car yet. SRT8

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Every time I drive it, I'm hitting the gas hard."

Cons: "My only gripe is the exhaust sound, way too soft."

"Just bought it from a dealer a month ago used with only 5500 miles and it is fast..470 Horsepower is awesome. 25 MPG on highway/12 in city, I floor it a lot. Wherever I park it people will come to check it out. Especially being red with a blacked out grille. Has every available option. The ventilated seats are cool."

Rental car impression

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Cool-looking and high-quality interior"

Cons: "Heavy and not fuel-efficient"

"We rented a 2014 Charger R/T for 3 days and overall had a good experience with the car. The exterior styling looks bold but chunky and outdated. I liked the headlights and LED taillights, which came on when you unlocked the car. The smartkey system was a plus for me. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the interior, lots of soft-touch materials on the dash and compartments were lined with soft fabric. The dash and ambient lighting in the cupholders and door sills looked cool. However, the dashboard feels very cavernous, flat, and doesn't wrap around you like some other cars. The gauge cluster looked nice but was flat and one-dimensional. However, I especially liked that the headliner was black, as opposed to the usual tan. It gave the car a retro and sporty look. Overall, the interior was nice and roomy but the dash and center console were completely flat and one-dimensional and that turned me off. The big touchscreen in the middle of the dash was pretty cool but difficult to use at first. The graphics were nice to look at and looked modern. The speed-adjusted sound was an interesting touch. Our rental also came with Satellite radio, which is the norm nowadays in new cars. While it was too hot to use the heated seats, there were controls for them right on the touchscreen. However, the steering wheel was poorly-designed, causing you to accidentally change the radio station while steering. I liked the sound the turn signal made, it reminded me of old cars, probably part of their "retro" styling. The Charger was powerful on the highways but a pain to drive in city traffic. It felt heavy and was not good for making fast maneuvers at a slow speed. The gas mileage was also pretty bad for a sedan."

I bought the right car.

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "AWD, good price, fun on the twists"

Cons: "People think I'm the police and slow down"

"I bought a 2013 charger sxt awd with sport appearance package. I needed a car to safely take me to work from northern Colorado to Wyoming on a daily basis. After a year of ownership I have to say that I grown to love my charger. It's comfortable, powerful enough, sounds great (Beats) and has been reliable. During the September floods I was able to make it back home on a back road when the highways were guarded by the national guard and the police (the back road closed 30 minutes after I passed). The awd system just powered on in about four inches of rain and amazingly enough I led a car behind me to safety with the bright backlights. I would highly recommend this car."

convient, confortable, and swift. great car

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cons: "none, maybe gas mileage"

"none"

Love my car!

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, very sharp"

Cons: "No place for my purse!"

"Best car I have owned! It's classy and sporty and has plenty of get up and go. I love the looks I receive from onlookers admiring my car."

Feels like a tank! (good thing)

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "AWD, technology, power, handling, etc etc etc"

Cons: "text to speech through bluetooth is limited"

"I wanted to wait until I had this vehicle for awhile before I wrote a review. I bought this vehicle back in January of 2014, and have been driving it for approximately 6 months now. I previously had a 2010 Chevy Camaro and due to the increasingly harsh winters in Canada I wanted something that I could drive all winter long without worry or nerves about what the weather man threatens me with. I was in the market for an AWD vehicle, wanted a car, but still wanted something that looked nice. This basically left me with a Cadillac CTS (too expensive), the Subaru lineup... which to be honest is great if you just want a basic car. If you want any type of technology in your vehicle you need to get the top model which is more than i wanted to spend. The Dodge Charger or the Chrysler 300. Once I test drove the 2014 Dodge Charger SXT Plus AWD I fell for it, easy decision... and here is why. 1. The car is a full sized sedan, make no mistake it is a large vehicle... but it does not drive like one. It is nimble around corners, great visibility, and the 300 horses under the hood for a V6 is more than enough for easy highway merging and passing. 2. Technology. This car is full of it, and they all look and tie nicely together. 8.4 inch touch screen is easy to navigate, bluetooth is easy to set up, backup camera has a wide view. etc. 3. the AWD. I cannot say enough about this. The car has adaptive AWD which automatically determines if you need RWD for better feul economy (in the summer for example) or AWD for better traction (during heavy rain or winter). The transition is seamless. I purposely went out in the middle of a snow storm in February when there was 6 inches of snow on the roads. Came to a complete stop and stepped on the gas... the car took off like the snow wasnt even there... i was absolutely blown away. If you want a stylish, feul efficient, AWD vehicle that is full of technology.... this car is for you! you will not regret it."

Middle of the road Muscle Car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Quick start"

Cons: "No top end"

"Needs work on improving brake system, electronics, radio, cruise control, antenna, exterior, plastic body parts."

Great gas mileage!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "MPG!! Ride, features."

Cons: "Trunk is small."

"Best thing about our Charger? The mileage! We get about 30-34 MPG highway and usually 26 city. We have never had a problem with our car, other than the occasional recalls from Dodge. The ride is good, love the sunroof here in Tennessee, seats very comfortable, and the features are great!"

Love this car.

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun, great acceleration"

"I love this car. It's big, fast, comfortable and an excellent highway cruiser. Mileage is very good for a big vehicle with a V8. Have gotten 27-29 MPG many times on pure highway driving."

I love my charger!!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "fun, cool, strong, powerful, responsive, driver co"

Cons: "wish the stock alloy wheels had a better look."

"This is my THIRD one! First was an 80s Daytona. Next was 2009, which someone rearended, ugh. I am very cool when I drive my Chargers and can always see admiring (and maybe jealous) looks as drive by. But the best part is the smart German engineering and the great responses from the vehicle, although the engine's purring roar of a response is very satisfying!!"

Good car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "handles nice,roomy."

Cons: "limited slip sucks,no ash trays,sorry i smoke."

"the only thing I don't like is the limited slip rearend. it doesn't drive very good in the snow.but the v6 power is nice and with the cold air intake I have on it,it sounds like the v8.i'm very happy with the room in the car very comfy."

The Road Crusier

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Wanted a car that had an amazing ride yet great gas. this car has plenty of power and little to not be happy about. gave it an overall 9 simply because i wish the base came with more power!! Excellent road cruiser, just went to vegas and back from socal and only used 20 gallons at 75 the whole time!"

I love this car and get compliments from strangers

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "nice look,great gas milage and fun to drive"

"I love this car I had it more then two years now and still get compliments all the time, it had fresh looks and style and technology that ni was looking for, i would recomend to anyone, not bad on gass either,"

This car was the best purchase I have made

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable and confidence inspiring"

Cons: "Should have bought the Hemi"

"I bought a 2013 Charger AWD Sport appearance package v6. I had never bought an AWD but my job required me to drive between Colorado and Wyoming often. I have to say that this car has performed brilliantly. Over 18,000 miles or so I have only needed to go in for oil service but this car has driven through thick blankets of snow on rough back roads, fog with maybe ten feet of visibility and somehow got me home during the September foods. Nearly five inches of water and the charger did not care; I actually was one of the last people to leave Wyoming before they closed all of the roads. I've driven the RWD version and honestly I'd go AWD over and over again. When the weather is actually nice the front turns off and it saves on gas. Overall, the charger is a fantastic car and it will be my first choice in a future car."

nightmare

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"Since day one this has been a nightmare. Purchased car Saturday night, drove home, next morning started car it was smoking. Took the car to dealership and left it there. This car stayed at dealership for 12 days. Couldn't get help from dealer nor Dodge. Dealership had car more days than I had it. Finally told that the car was fixed. Went to pick up the car and was told that dealership mechanic and Dodge mechanic sent to assist did not find any problems. Once arrived at dealership, started the car only to see huge cloud of smoke from exhaust yet AGAIN!! The dealership would not buy me out of the contract and decided to put me into ANOTHER 2014 Charger. Finally received new Charger on Friday. Drove the car for a family outing on Saturday and now I hear Rear End vibration. Second 2014 Charger in 30 days, my advice would be to stay far away."

2014 Charger R/T Plus, Absolute blast to drive.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, auto highbeam, power, size"

Cons: "indicator sound, low roof lining"

"OK, I might be bias. Stepping out of a 2007 VW Jetta with 150HP and no technology thrills. My experience however with my 2014 Charger R/T Plus with sport package is a blast. Relative good fuel mileage, as long your foot is not horizontal. Comfort is good, all though I'm just 6ft 2 inches my hair is touching the roof and this is because of the sun roof that makes the roof lining lower. It has a definite fun factor, remember if you are irritable, "Keep both hands on the wheel" because it does fish-tale when AWD is not engaged. On rainy days a 4 wheel spin combined with excellent stability makes you grin. Seats are good. Though the lumbar support could be more refined. The dash I like allot, uconnect is easy to understand, no deep diving in menu's etc. The major thing I would like to change is the indicator signal sound, it's like they went hunting for spare parts and found a 1970's charger indicator in stock. In all rough around the edges but an absolute descent car to drive. Looking forward to the 8 speed HEMI configuration."

BEST MOPAR I HAVE OWNED SO FAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Cons: "Would like to see POWER folding outside mirrors."

"Submitting rating because I found none for the SRT model. I bought a black on black 2012 Charger SRT-8 in October of 2011. I know it is no fair to compare, but I also have a 2008 BMW Alpina B7. The Dodge is a great deal for the money. My SRT can stay with my Alpina in perfomance. Where the Dodge falls a little short is the car does not track as well and feel as planted as my BMW. The quality and interior design is excellent! I have 21000 miles on it and have had no major issues, only a few minor ones taken care of under warranty. This Charger is my third one. I had an 06 and 07 Daytona Chargers and no a problem with any of them. Excited about the Hemi cars having 8 speed automatic next year and increase to 500 HP. Most likely will trade mine in on a new SRT, hopefully in Plum Crazy Purple. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!"

BEST RESALE VALUE

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Performance, ventilated seats, fast, ride, value"

"Bought my Charger R/T in Oct 2013 love every bit of this car from nice options to custom bucket Charger seats. The Charger handles so excellent on giving me awesome performance and the most solid ride than ever. Fast, sportier, high smooth engine power on half decent gas mileage and its superior quiet. I think the Charger would be worth something in future because of performance and great handling has just like the older Mopar vehicles back in the day. Charger is plenty of roomier its got every available option included navigation, great stereo system, UConnect system for other electronics available. Ventilated seats have great support works for winter or summer with heated outside mirrors everything is at best on Charger R/T model a great vehicle for the money."

8 speed trans. is sweet

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Love the drivetrain, lots of car for the money"

bang for a buck

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "fun and some power with mods"

Cons: "horrible in weather and not snappy for a sports ca"

"Bought new in 2011 regrettably when the price was high but black outside aded a black trex grill mkw black rims, tint, red seat covers, red brake caliper covers, borla catback exhaust, injen cold air intake, jet performane stage 2 chip and made it a unique and farely powerful car. But horrible in snow lol."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Style, resale value, great ride, controls"

Cons: "nothing"

"Bought my 2013 Charger SE, in August 2013 been very pleased with it after looking at new Impala and a Maxima chose this car over the two vehicles because wanted a more aggressive ride. The Charger is everything you need for a great family or sports automobile. Navigation is featured with uconnect system as other options that were available are best for vehicle. It rides deep as be a Cadillac especially on the south Louisiana flat highways commuting out of town but does well in the city as gets good gas mileage on a bigger vehicle. Interior looks sportier from being real quiet driving at speeds between 65 to 80 on 4, 6 lane highways and freeways. Ride is solid, interior fit and finish materials are impressive and car looks beautiful having LED taillights on rear something like the Challenger. Controls are easy using and was optional with ventilated seats best on Charger SE, model. I love my car glad bought it over an Impala and Maxima having a great resale value ever. It's a bigger car but looks more a sports car gives me lots of high performance and smooth handling like a limo it's very fast too with a V6 engine that is absolutely quick under effortlessly acceleration. Dodge is the best with their high performance cars like Charger and Challenger."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the price, comfortable drive"

Cons: "No rear backup camera or navigation on the SE"

"I love my 2013 Dodge Charger. I bought this car at the end of 2013 and got an unbelievable deal on it. This car offers a comfortable ride and although I have an SE with a V6 engine, it's still pretty fast. The audio controls on the back of the steering wheel are very convenient. I don't have to take my eyes off the wheel to make sure I'm pressing the right thing. The sport appearance package gives my car an extra sleek look. I like the chrome wheels and rear spoiler. The only thing I'm missing is a sunroof. Overall, great car!"

Outstanding car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great lookst. Very comfortable ride."

Cons: "Tires wore out quickly."

"This car is fantastic. All the little touches are amazing. No gas cap to fool with, never need to take the bob out of your pocket since doors unlock with a slight touch. Same with the trunk. The controls are logical and easy to figure out! 8" touch screen is awesome and easy to use. Sound system is great. Ride is quiet! The 8 speed transmission is great! The performance transmission (pull back for sport mode) and suspension are great! I am getting use to the paddle shifting and really like it as well. The looks are terrific (red with chrome wheels and spoiler). I've gotten more compliments on this car than even the 3000GT I previously owned. Rally package was an terrific deal!! Well worth the money!"

"best car ever" the kids approve.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "excellent all round, style and power"

Cons: "does not get 50 MPG"

"2011 MOPAR.#460/1000.original owner.fantastic car, kids love it.had police walk over and look car over,very favorable. people at the gas station,shopping center parking lots and even when getting the car inspected.every one tells me what a great looking car. I am impressed with interior style and comfort. best car ever!! maybe not to some, but this is one car I will never regret purchasing. If you want to see a picture, GOOGLE 2011 MOPAR"

"best car ever" the kids approve.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "excellent all round, style and power"

Cons: "does not get 50 MPG"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next