2012 Dodge Charger

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

My Second Dodge Charger, buying a 3rd soon!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great looks, fun to drive, SAFE TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "I think the digital guage needs redesigned"

"I leased a 2008 Charger SE and loved it! At 260 HP I thought it was under powered, so when I bought my 2012 Charger SE and nearly 300 HP (PITCH BLACK WITH BLACK INTERIOR, 8 SPEED TRANS AND WING AND WHEEL OPTION) I had the best car I'd ever owned ( I'm 60). Best mpg I ever got was 34! My only complaint is that the base seat was too soft for longer trips. In Jan of 2014 a driver ran a stop sign on a rural road and I T-boned him. Both air bags deployed and most important to me, the air bag that came out the lower dash at my knees saved my knees and likely broken bones. I had lots of bruises and a broken rib - but no cuts. My car was totaled. Thank God I was in big, well made car! I plan to buy an AWD Charger soon - either SXT or RT! Love the Dodge Charger!"

great car! great value!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "great price, great gadgets, great comfort"

Cons: "blacktop version not in AWD"

"I own the sxt plus w the Blacktop package. I fell in love w this car the moment i laid eyes on it. the body lines are agressive, the interior is ultra roomy for me. All of the creature comforts were amazing. But what really blew me away was the price. 8 speed transmission is smooth and the ride is very responsive. I too did not fully trust the quality from Chrystler so i purchased the extended warranty. I recommend this car completely!!"

Great car great ride

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "It really looks great"

Cons: "NA"

"I have many complements on my car looks great rides great i have the six with eight speed, handles great i have just about all the bells and whistles. I would buy this car again with no questions i leased just so i would know i could get out if had too, but love this car without a doubt."

Very Impressed with the major improvements.

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"I am very impressed with the overhaul this car has gone through since it was brought back. It went from cheap to something worth driving and owning. I have the 2013 sxt 3.6 vvt 8 speed auto and I must say it is a major improvement compared to the old 2007 3.5 5 speed I had. I love the growl this car has and a solid smooth ride it provides for its passengers. Keep up the good work Dodge your making a great come back. The only thing I would say needs to improve is the metals used on the exterior of the car so that the car last longer. My 07 began to rust in 2012 above the passenger rear wheel. I was smart when I bought my 13 I had rust guard etc put on the car. I hope it stays rust free for the length that I plan to own it."

Remembering the good ole days!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, comfortable, powerful, my is loaded,"

Cons: "Sloppy in the corners...should be a little tighter"

"More power and smoother than my 70 396 Chevelle, my 72 GS Buick 350/4/ 73 Vette 454 275 horse...I could go on and on. The only thing that irked me was all the recalls...a real joy killer. Hemi RT AWD with K&N and Flowmaster Delta 50's for a little rumble. Almost 400 hp and 26/27 on highway and 22 around town...can't beat that!"

Love this car !!!!

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles"

Cons: "none so far"

"Purchased this 2012 Charger SXT all wheel drive about 3 weeks ago after a couple test drives. It handles awesome with plenty of power,"

BEST MOPAR I HAVE OWNED SO FAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Cons: "Would like to see POWER folding outside mirrors."

"Submitting rating because I found none for the SRT model. I bought a black on black 2012 Charger SRT-8 in October of 2011. I know it is no fair to compare, but I also have a 2008 BMW Alpina B7. The Dodge is a great deal for the money. My SRT can stay with my Alpina in perfomance. Where the Dodge falls a little short is the car does not track as well and feel as planted as my BMW. The quality and interior design is excellent! I have 21000 miles on it and have had no major issues, only a few minor ones taken care of under warranty. This Charger is my third one. I had an 06 and 07 Daytona Chargers and no a problem with any of them. Excited about the Hemi cars having 8 speed automatic next year and increase to 500 HP. Most likely will trade mine in on a new SRT, hopefully in Plum Crazy Purple. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!"

BEST RESALE VALUE

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Performance, ventilated seats, fast, ride, value"

"Bought my Charger R/T in Oct 2013 love every bit of this car from nice options to custom bucket Charger seats. The Charger handles so excellent on giving me awesome performance and the most solid ride than ever. Fast, sportier, high smooth engine power on half decent gas mileage and its superior quiet. I think the Charger would be worth something in future because of performance and great handling has just like the older Mopar vehicles back in the day. Charger is plenty of roomier its got every available option included navigation, great stereo system, UConnect system for other electronics available. Ventilated seats have great support works for winter or summer with heated outside mirrors everything is at best on Charger R/T model a great vehicle for the money."

A lot of bang for your buck.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, and comfort"

Cons: "Adult getting in and out of the back seat"

"This car handles well and is very comfortable for a bigger person. I am 275 lbs and still have plenty of room. The 292HP V6 fits this car very well. Yes the V8 has more HP, but it weighs more and the handle is not as good. I will admit the back seat due to the shape of the window is a bit harder to get into then a normal car. I am ok with that because, the baby rides in a car seat so it is not a issue. The trunk is decent sized and it's nice with the push button on the truck for easy access. Now to the interior features. I know most of the older dodge interiors looked a bit cheap, but dodge has stepped up their game in the past few years. I really like the touch screen, steering wheel controls, exra plugs in the center console, and the standard driver power seat. The design is very modern and cool looking. This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned."

One bad to the bone car

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Looks great. Rides well. Instant classic"

Cons: "Brakes put out a lot of dust.Price"

"2013 SRT8 Charger is like driving no other car. Rides great on the highway. Many thumbs up while driving. A star on wheels. Easy to operate controls placed in positions that are easy for you to use. Surprisingly not bad on gas .Fun to drive. Seats hug you like a glove. Rear camera is placed in an area that is easy to see and view. Along with the front rear and side/ detection markers make this a safe car to drive. When you put on the gas it demands attention and proves a winner every time. Let’s face it there are only a few cars on the road that even compare."