2011 Dodge Charger

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Fast and Affordable

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Very sporty and economical"

Cons: "Wish I would have opted for more options"

Parked

"This car rocks!!! I own the SE and couldn't be happier! With 292 power, this car gets up and goes! Fuel economy is fantastic with the variable valve engine and the eight speed transmission. Would definitely look at this car or any 2012 charger for that mater... You will fall in love the minute you step in, with the push of a button, your gone! Go for the red,.for $500 it's worth it! For those looking for increased perfomace, mopar makes a cold air intake that is "pull out, put in". Can feel the difference, plus adds to fuel economy."

Parked

Fine design, fine car, but not perfect.

By on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pros: "Excellent value. Best car on the market."

Cons: "Warranty is worthless if the Mfr won't honor it."

"3rd Charger. Second with a Hemi. I love the car in every way, except the most important one: I purchased it new, and a few weeks after purchase, the Hemi motor started making ominous sounds. After many trips to the dealership without repair (they all do that and it's just a charcteristic), I got fed up. Long story short, the Mfr is refusing to stand behind their product, and they'll pay for it. Do not take no for an answer from the dealership or the Mfr. Follow the maintenance recommendations to a tee, do not modify anything, and make them repair it."

This is the One.

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Chassis, comfort, performance, value."

Cons: "18" wheels get lost; 20's sacrifice comfort."

"Ask my wife; I am always in the market for a new car. It was a hobby. No more. I've had 2 GTO's, a G8 GT, Sonata 2.0t, Genesis (Coupe and Sedan), Sierra Quad Cab... the list goes on. You get the idea. The 2012 Charger SXT is the best car I have ever owned. (Hint: add a Cold Air Intake to the V6. It will help you get over not having a V8 right around 5700rpm. The snarl is intoxicating.) Be patient, look for good deals, and you can take an SXT home for under $25k. It devours interstates for lunch. 70mph = 1500rpm. The chassis is solid. It handles well for such a large car. It has all the features you want; none of the stuff you don't. "Base" stereo with the 8.4 touchscreen is Alpine. Nice! The transmission anticipates your next move. HUGE on the inside, sexy on the outside. If the styling is too much... go with a 300. I'll say this: the car begs for a lumpy torque-monster V8. But unless you live stoplight-to-stoplight, the overachieving Pentastar V6 will take you from 0-60 in well under 7 seconds while sipping regular unleaded. The 8-speed vs. the 5-speed for the Hemi closes the desirability gap between the two considerably."

Highway Star

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Handling, Powertrain, Lights, Interior"

Cons: "Brakes could use more initial bite"

"I have a 2015 Charger Rallye AWD. It's a fun, practical and very comfortable car. It is remarkably quiet on the highway and it can cover a lot of ground with quick effortless grace. The excellent and refined chassis and suspension give you a firm supple ride and the car feels incredibly well planted to the pavement. The slick AWD system engages at any speed if you lose traction, if the temperature gets below 40 deg. or if you turn the wipers on. The Rallye also has a Sport Mode that engages the AWD, changes the shift points and firms up the steering. Unlike a lot of cars, Sport Mode actually changes the character of the car. The Rallye model also has a slightly modified intake and "real" dual exhaust with twin cats and mufflers. This bumps the HP to 300. I'm averaging 27 mpg and I consider that pretty good for a big heavy car with good performance. Some of this performance has to do with the overall excellent 8 speed transmission that makes the most of the V6 power curve and pretty much disappears when you drive normally. The Charger offers what I want from a car. It can comfortably carry my family and my stuff. It effortlessly goes where I point it regardless of the weather. It handles well, rides nice and get's with the program when I step on the gas. The fact that it turns heads is secondary but nice."

Great car great ride

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "It really looks great"

Cons: "NA"

"I have many complements on my car looks great rides great i have the six with eight speed, handles great i have just about all the bells and whistles. I would buy this car again with no questions i leased just so i would know i could get out if had too, but love this car without a doubt."

Very Impressed with the major improvements.

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"I am very impressed with the overhaul this car has gone through since it was brought back. It went from cheap to something worth driving and owning. I have the 2013 sxt 3.6 vvt 8 speed auto and I must say it is a major improvement compared to the old 2007 3.5 5 speed I had. I love the growl this car has and a solid smooth ride it provides for its passengers. Keep up the good work Dodge your making a great come back. The only thing I would say needs to improve is the metals used on the exterior of the car so that the car last longer. My 07 began to rust in 2012 above the passenger rear wheel. I was smart when I bought my 13 I had rust guard etc put on the car. I hope it stays rust free for the length that I plan to own it."

Remembering the good ole days!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, comfortable, powerful, my is loaded,"

Cons: "Sloppy in the corners...should be a little tighter"

"More power and smoother than my 70 396 Chevelle, my 72 GS Buick 350/4/ 73 Vette 454 275 horse...I could go on and on. The only thing that irked me was all the recalls...a real joy killer. Hemi RT AWD with K&N and Flowmaster Delta 50's for a little rumble. Almost 400 hp and 26/27 on highway and 22 around town...can't beat that!"

German handling with Hemi power & AWD

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, great fun"

"I gave up on US built cars more than 27 years ago and have been driving German and Semi-luxury Japanese since. I've watched the Charger for several years as the quality continued to improve; loved the style, wanted the power. I bought about 4,000 miles ago and found that after 30 years of boredom. I love driving again. Handling is exceptional. 0 to 60 takes your breath away. Kick it at 50 straight up and the blood drains from your face. At 63, it's 1969 all over again. 375 HP, 395 lb/ft of torque with 552 watts, 10 speakers and a sub-woofer in the trunk. No quality issues, everything performs as it should or better. Dodge got it right this time and I'm enjoying every day. 40 years from now, do you really think folks will be going to the classic car auctions to bid on a Camry?"

Love this car !!!!

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles"

Cons: "none so far"

"Purchased this 2012 Charger SXT all wheel drive about 3 weeks ago after a couple test drives. It handles awesome with plenty of power,"

BEST MOPAR I HAVE OWNED SO FAR

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cons: "Would like to see POWER folding outside mirrors."

"Submitting rating because I found none for the SRT model. I bought a black on black 2012 Charger SRT-8 in October of 2011. I know it is no fair to compare, but I also have a 2008 BMW Alpina B7. The Dodge is a great deal for the money. My SRT can stay with my Alpina in perfomance. Where the Dodge falls a little short is the car does not track as well and feel as planted as my BMW. The quality and interior design is excellent! I have 21000 miles on it and have had no major issues, only a few minor ones taken care of under warranty. This Charger is my third one. I had an 06 and 07 Daytona Chargers and no a problem with any of them. Excited about the Hemi cars having 8 speed automatic next year and increase to 500 HP. Most likely will trade mine in on a new SRT, hopefully in Plum Crazy Purple. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!"