2011 Dodge Charger

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

2012 SRT8 Blacked out

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Unique Ride"

Cons: "Have to put in Storage for winter grrrrrr price"

"Love the key less entry and power of this ride is plenty :) Traded my 09 RT for the 2012 SRT and so far gas difference is negligible. I like the uniqueness of the SRT as you just don't see many in my area (Buffalo NY) but see stangs, challengers, camaros all the time."

Fine design, fine car, but not perfect.

By on Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pros: "Excellent value. Best car on the market."

Cons: "Warranty is worthless if the Mfr won't honor it."

"3rd Charger. Second with a Hemi. I love the car in every way, except the most important one: I purchased it new, and a few weeks after purchase, the Hemi motor started making ominous sounds. After many trips to the dealership without repair (they all do that and it's just a charcteristic), I got fed up. Long story short, the Mfr is refusing to stand behind their product, and they'll pay for it. Do not take no for an answer from the dealership or the Mfr. Follow the maintenance recommendations to a tee, do not modify anything, and make them repair it."

Overall an amazing vehicle

By on Saturday, December 19, 2015

Pros: "Size, space, fuel economy, looks"

Cons: "8 speed shifter can be a pain."

"Fuel efficiency and power are in perfect balance. Car floats when you want it to down the highway. But when taking corner it feels tight. Size is perfect, so much room and a very large trunk."

Highway Star

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Handling, Powertrain, Lights, Interior"

Cons: "Brakes could use more initial bite"

"I have a 2015 Charger Rallye AWD. It's a fun, practical and very comfortable car. It is remarkably quiet on the highway and it can cover a lot of ground with quick effortless grace. The excellent and refined chassis and suspension give you a firm supple ride and the car feels incredibly well planted to the pavement. The slick AWD system engages at any speed if you lose traction, if the temperature gets below 40 deg. or if you turn the wipers on. The Rallye also has a Sport Mode that engages the AWD, changes the shift points and firms up the steering. Unlike a lot of cars, Sport Mode actually changes the character of the car. The Rallye model also has a slightly modified intake and "real" dual exhaust with twin cats and mufflers. This bumps the HP to 300. I'm averaging 27 mpg and I consider that pretty good for a big heavy car with good performance. Some of this performance has to do with the overall excellent 8 speed transmission that makes the most of the V6 power curve and pretty much disappears when you drive normally. The Charger offers what I want from a car. It can comfortably carry my family and my stuff. It effortlessly goes where I point it regardless of the weather. It handles well, rides nice and get's with the program when I step on the gas. The fact that it turns heads is secondary but nice."

Awesome sporty and family sedan

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great car!!!"

"I absolutely love this car!! Why? well several reasons such as the comfort, style, size, speed, everything about this car is just perfect and amazing. If you want a stylish, sporty, fast, family sedan, don't look any further."

One Fun Car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive and Sporty"

Cons: "RWD is not good for those who drive in snow"

"I have had this car about a month now and I love it. I have 6cyl SXT edition with the Rallye package. I currently average about 24 city and 30 hwy. We took this vehicle on a short roadtrip just to test and see if the fuel economy was as good as advertised and were pleased with the 30 MPG. The enterior is spacious and seats 4 adults and a car seat comfortably. I love the push button start and the fact I don't need to get my key out to unlock and start the car. This may not have a Hemi but it pretty quick. Fast enough that I have to watch my speed because I'm usually going faster than I realize. I like the climate, stereo and blue tooth controls being integrated into one screen. I love that the MP3 decoder picks up my phones music wirelessly. No need to take the time and plug in the cord. My one complaint with this car is the gaurd that pops up in the front of the moonroof is made of mesh. This does help prevent bugs from getting in the car however it makes huge amounts of noise at highway speeds. It is also impossible to clean. In order for the gaurd to be visable the moonroof has to be open and unless you want bugs, cleaner and water in the car you can't clean it while open. You would almost need to remove it and clean it away from the car and in my opinion that is just rediculous. This is a RWD car so I would caution anyone wanting to buy this who has to drive in the snow. It handles great in the rain and typical driving conditions though. I have a Subaru for snow and a Charger for fun."

Tons of research and test drives... never a doubt

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, HUGE cabin, you'll love it"

Cons: "No self-cloning technology"

"I started looking at Dodge Chargers in 2009 and drove a new 2010 RT fully loaded for the first time. It was enjoyable, but not amazing. 2011 rolled around before I test drove another right after the redesign.. man was I stoked.. that was the most enjoyable test drive of any vehicle I had ever had. I was driving a little 4-cylinder Hyundai Elantra at the time.. I drove both the V6 and the V8 Chargers and was elated with both. However in the end, the V8 won me over. I watched and researched every little thing I could for over 3 years before finally grabbing my Charger and I've been absolutely impressed, excited, and delighted with my choice! The heated/cooled cupholders were a very nice touch, as were the soft lighting additions behind the door handles on the inside. Everything about the cabin felt so very well thought out and was exquisitely done. A few notes about the two machines: V6 does not ride as smooth as the V8, I'm guessing the suspension and sheer weight difference are likely the causes. V6 gas mileage is a little better than the Hemi v8, but only a little on the highway, much more so in-town. I average a little better than what the window sticker suggested (17mpg city, 26 hwy sticker, 17mpg city, 28mpg hwy actual). A tip for other potential buyers: especially in the V8, Cruise is your friend.. use it alot if you want to keep your fuel costs lower. The automatic tranny will downshift for you when you kick on cruise, while if you don't have the paddleshifters, you're kind of stuck otherwise. While it feels big.. my Charger doesn't feel sluggish or unwieldy. It drives very nimbly and agile, especially for its' size. I can vouch for 0-60 in around 5.5-6 seconds ^.^. While I'm not a racer, I chose my V8 because it handles so impeccably well! I wanted a vehicle that was one of the best there is to keep me and my passengers out of wrecks, not survive them. The handling on the Charger leaves me no doubts that it is what I was looking for, it's incredibly responsive for its' size and weight. I drove 2010 or newer mustangs, I test drove new Camaros, and even a bmw and a Genesis. The bmw and genesis weren't really even in the same class performance-wise, and the camaro had a horrendously rough ride. The mustang just felt too refined, yet not nearly as comfortable. All of them felt very small and confined compared to the positively huge cabin space of the Charger. My Wife-to-be loves my car as much as I do... we may get another when it comes time to replace her Element. :D"

2013 Charger SRT

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "instant power, extremely fast, excellent features"

Cons: "Would be nice to install apps to sound system"

"This is one awesome ride. The performance is breath taking, the build quality is excellent, the sound system is amazing. The handling is pretty amazing as well. The power is literally instant on. On other cars I have owned there is a small gap of time from throttle press, but not on the SRT. This car will be accelerating "before" my brain has even figured out that I stepped on the gas pedal. It's really hard to knock a vehicle that can run down M5's and Maserati's on the highway and costs around $50K. 110mph in this car feel like 50 in a normal car, it's just that planted and solid. The Harmon Kardon sound system with surround sound is really amazing. I have owned some vehicles with nice sound systems, but nothing like this. The closest thing I can think of is the Bose system in some GM vehicles, but's honestly it's not as good as the Harmon Kardon in the Charger. It's actually hard to drive this car with restraint. I try and use the adaptive cruise control, which is also my favorite feature of this vehicle, and there is only so long one can drive and be passed up in this car with so much power under the hood. It screams to be released. Passing on the highway is extremely simple. Within a few seconds (if even that) I can out accelerate 99.9% of all cars and pass. This is a good in town cruiser as long as you don't mind paying for the gas station stops. 14mpg in the city is about right. 23mpg on the high way is about right as well, as long as I use the cruise control and keep the cruise set at or a little under 65. But running for a long time on cruise control is a little like trying to feed jelly beans to a starving lion. Sooner or later, the lion will overcome his hunger and gorge. As much as this "can be" a practical car, it definitely wants to be driven. I do look forward to taking the SRT track day and seeing how this car can run on the race track. Owning this car, even for just a short period of time has raised my interest in being able to take a car like this and drive it to the local race track, just to let the lion out to stretch his legs. This is not my first "fast car" but no other car has sparked that interest in track driving like the SRT and I have also owned Corvettes and Lotus as well. I like the idea of real functioning hood scoops and brake vents. They are just not fake vents in this car, they are real and serve a purpose. It gives the car the exotic look since it has real functioning equipment. The interior is really nice with aluminum and billet replacing plastic. The dash trim wasn't stolen from another car, it was purpose built for the SRT and I can feel the quality. If you buy one, buy it with the red leather and thank me later. That being said I do have a few small recommendations to buyers and the design team at SRT: The car needs to be a bit louder, this is after all a car that run in the same pack with super cars and it needs to sound like one not just at wide open throttle. At the very least give a prospective buyer the ability to "opt in" for a slightly louder exhaust note. A better selection of colors would be nice as well. Muscle cars were known for outlandish colors and stripes and the charger is no different. I would have love to bought a super bee, but most on dealer lots are fairly stripped down and lack the nice sound system of the full blown SRT model. It would be nice if the flag ship product of Chrysler would allow installing apps such as Pandora. SRT is a high performance premium brand and it needs to be on the bleeding edge to command it's price. One last small item is not being able to add the mopar appearance package, which can be added to other models. Luckily I had the dealer buy it separately and then install it. This package includes lighted door sills, interior lighting effects, billet pedals for the floor and a beefy mopar t-handle shifter to replace the teeny leather one that came in the car. That package added the finishing touches to a car that was already awesome in it's own right. As long as one does not mind the higher insurance premiums on this car, or the slightly higher price at the pump, it's definitely a super car bargain. I always wondered what it would be like to own a maserati quattroporte or an aston martin rapide, and even though I own neither I can still say that I understand what it would be like to own either. The Charger really is that good."

Fast and Affordable

By on Friday, April 27, 2012

Pros: "Very sporty and economical"

Cons: "Wish I would have opted for more options"

Parked

"This car rocks!!! I own the SE and couldn't be happier! With 292 power, this car gets up and goes! Fuel economy is fantastic with the variable valve engine and the eight speed transmission. Would definitely look at this car or any 2012 charger for that mater... You will fall in love the minute you step in, with the push of a button, your gone! Go for the red,.for $500 it's worth it! For those looking for increased perfomace, mopar makes a cold air intake that is "pull out, put in". Can feel the difference, plus adds to fuel economy."

Parked

This is the One.

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Chassis, comfort, performance, value."

Cons: "18" wheels get lost; 20's sacrifice comfort."

"Ask my wife; I am always in the market for a new car. It was a hobby. No more. I've had 2 GTO's, a G8 GT, Sonata 2.0t, Genesis (Coupe and Sedan), Sierra Quad Cab... the list goes on. You get the idea. The 2012 Charger SXT is the best car I have ever owned. (Hint: add a Cold Air Intake to the V6. It will help you get over not having a V8 right around 5700rpm. The snarl is intoxicating.) Be patient, look for good deals, and you can take an SXT home for under $25k. It devours interstates for lunch. 70mph = 1500rpm. The chassis is solid. It handles well for such a large car. It has all the features you want; none of the stuff you don't. "Base" stereo with the 8.4 touchscreen is Alpine. Nice! The transmission anticipates your next move. HUGE on the inside, sexy on the outside. If the styling is too much... go with a 300. I'll say this: the car begs for a lumpy torque-monster V8. But unless you live stoplight-to-stoplight, the overachieving Pentastar V6 will take you from 0-60 in well under 7 seconds while sipping regular unleaded. The 8-speed vs. the 5-speed for the Hemi closes the desirability gap between the two considerably."