2011 Dodge Charger

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Nice Ride, for a short time.

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

"Bought this car two years ago, and man I was impressed by the smooth ride, the quite cabin, the big uconnect screen, and even heated cloth seats! and then it began In the last two years: -The headlight wiring melted (yes MELTED) and shorted out on one side -The door handle sensors for they keyless entry broke (fixed in a recall) -the airbag warning light was triggered due to faulty wiring (fixed in a recall) -The trunk release button the decklid broke and had to be replaced -The alternator went out -A recall on the wiring for the ABS system -Rack and pinion had to be replaced -The "soft touch" interior is not holding up well and the car has turned into a big maraca on rough roads This car has been garaged and treated with kid gloves, and has still landed me back at the dealer more times than I care to count."

I love this car...

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Awesome gadgets, great ride, & POWER POWER POWER!"

Cons: "Doors open too wide and mpg isn't great."

My totally awesome ride...

"I've owned this car for over 2 years now. Bought it brand new with a whole 25 miles on it. I love it just as much now as the day I bought it. It drives like a dream. Its more quiet than a lot of cars with big engines, which I actually like. I really don't want to have that rumble every single mile. However, when I put the hammer down, it goes like a jet. I do wish the mileage was a tad bit better, but for the power, I'll manage. The comfort is great. Easy to take care of inside and unrivaled seat comfort. I love the heated seats in both the front and rear. My main gripe with the design is that the doors open so wide that you literally have to put one foot outside the car to reach out to close it. Otherwise, the leg room is great, the head room is great, and I totally love all the gadgets. Best car I've ever had!"

My totally awesome ride...

The best daily driver i have owned in a long time.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, lots of power, confortable, stylish"

Cons: "cruise power button."

"I was happily surprised at the comfort and spaciousness of the Charge. It offers lot of features that other cars in the price range don't. it has been problem fee. I have nothing praise for my charger. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for comfort, style, and roominess!"

Remembering the good ole days!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, comfortable, powerful, my is loaded,"

Cons: "Sloppy in the corners...should be a little tighter"

"More power and smoother than my 70 396 Chevelle, my 72 GS Buick 350/4/ 73 Vette 454 275 horse...I could go on and on. The only thing that irked me was all the recalls...a real joy killer. Hemi RT AWD with K&N and Flowmaster Delta 50's for a little rumble. Almost 400 hp and 26/27 on highway and 22 around town...can't beat that!"

A lot of bang for your buck.

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "performance, handling, and comfort"

Cons: "Adult getting in and out of the back seat"

"This car handles well and is very comfortable for a bigger person. I am 275 lbs and still have plenty of room. The 292HP V6 fits this car very well. Yes the V8 has more HP, but it weighs more and the handle is not as good. I will admit the back seat due to the shape of the window is a bit harder to get into then a normal car. I am ok with that because, the baby rides in a car seat so it is not a issue. The trunk is decent sized and it's nice with the push button on the truck for easy access. Now to the interior features. I know most of the older dodge interiors looked a bit cheap, but dodge has stepped up their game in the past few years. I really like the touch screen, steering wheel controls, exra plugs in the center console, and the standard driver power seat. The design is very modern and cool looking. This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned."

I love this car - This hits all my buttons

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Value, RWD, Blacktop...fun to drive"

Cons: "No RV Camera, Sunroof Screen, Slapstick Shifting."

"When the 2011 Charger hit the showrooms with its restyled read and front facias, I knew this car would be a hit with the retro crowd. I learned how to drive on a 1972 Cadillac Coup De Ville so I know and love behemoth RWD cars especially with unique styling, since most modern cars appear so similar and utilitarian. When they added the 8 speed transmission to the V6 and rated the highway milage at 30, I knew the time was right to trade in my Lexus IS250 which was getting about 23 MPG (looped). I wanted a full size car with RWD and the Chargers unique styling put it right at the forefront of my choices. I made my deal (with some hiccups at the dealership), and took delivery. They sold me a SXT with the Blacktop package, and was one of the few cars on the lot with a sunroof. The Blacktop Package turns the base model into a beast with the available sport mode shifting (holds gears longer). The higher profile tires and beefed up suspension give the car a sporty and responsive feel, and really ups the ante over the base model. The interior should have come with the 8.4 radio but the factory had run out of stock so, they placed the 4.3 radio in the car. I wasn't looking for Navigation (that's what my Android phone is for). Bluetooth paired well with both my HTC and my current Samsung Galaxay S4. Pairing will also allow you to stream audio from your phone to the car. You can also have USB access to your device. If you drop a USB flash drive into the slot you will have full access to your music, but the menu options are spotty, and cannot access them while you are driving. The seating is comfortable and I had the car reupholstered with leather seating surfaces (on their dime as that is how the car was advertised, but not delivered). Rear seat and trunk are cavernous and allows me to carry all my musical gear to and fro. The rear seat folds down for expanded cargo room. Downsides No rear camera When the sunroof is open there is a mesh screen instead of a solid lip. The screen catches bugs while you are driving, so it is recommended that you inspect it and blow it clean as needed. Slapstick shifter must be watched as you shift, make sure nothing is blocking the way of the stick (i.e., cables and such) to ensure that the shifter will shift to your desired position."

Powerful Pavement Pounder

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Power, Performance, Personality"

Cons: "I have to park it and get out"

"I have an RT and can not stop punching the Hemi whenever I ge the chance. This car moves like no other that I've ever owned. My typical ride involves thumbs up from other drivers and pedestrians. The car just stands out in many dimensions it seems that everyone finds something to love about it. This is my first of what I am sure will be many Chargers. Carpe Diem!!!!!!!!!"

One bad to the bone car

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "Looks great. Rides well. Instant classic"

Cons: "Brakes put out a lot of dust.Price"

"2013 SRT8 Charger is like driving no other car. Rides great on the highway. Many thumbs up while driving. A star on wheels. Easy to operate controls placed in positions that are easy for you to use. Surprisingly not bad on gas .Fun to drive. Seats hug you like a glove. Rear camera is placed in an area that is easy to see and view. Along with the front rear and side/ detection markers make this a safe car to drive. When you put on the gas it demands attention and proves a winner every time. Let’s face it there are only a few cars on the road that even compare."

Far better than expected

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Low 30s price a bonus, fast, attention-getter"

Cons: "Large plasticky dashboard, seats not supportive"

"Mine is an R/T with upgraded (20 inch) wheels and after-market graphics, including hood scoops, roof, and spoiler blackouts. The gas mileage is better than expected: 19+ around town, up to 23 on the interstate. Quality is very good, other than a misaligned gas filler (fixed under warranty). No major problems over the last 8 months. (Wheel shimmy due to a bad after-market tire, fixed under warranty, is the only exception,) Great power, many compliments by passers-by. Excellent redundant touch and button radio and phone controls, hands-free bluetooth synced perfectly and easily. No downsides!!"

Best auto I've owned. I enjoy driving it.

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive."

Cons: "hard to park with rear lens."

"I love the power. It's like being a kid again."

simple great vehicle a lot of little bugs

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "comfort, style, drive-ability, great engine,"

Cons: "bad stop and go mpg, low warranty"

"have had the car for a year and it is wonderful. Have had a lot of bugs. cruise control gave out for 3 weeks then went back to normal. transmission had little ticks but they fixed itself. have had a battery saver mode go off monthly but nothing happens to the vehicle so it is ok. the arm rest on the door driver side is fragile i leaned on it and felt it crack but still in one piece. on average i get about 16-17 mpg it is a hemi 2012 r/t it is comfortable.engine has not given me any problems. started getting some brake fade and vibrations and a noisy steering column but just noisy but not bad at all with radio on decent value. oil change comes every 3-5k manufac. recommends 8k but still do it before only use 91 octane. over all great car safe but def. not good in snow."

I Love This Car

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage; drives smoothly"

"We bought our Charger in October of 2012 after we had our previous car totaled in an accident. I did not want to buy the Charger because I thought it was too pricey, but my husband wanted it. I let him make the decision, thinking it was a mistake. I could not have been more wrong. Our Charger is beautiful, drives great, gets awesome gas mileage, and has plenty of room for our family to ride in comfort. I would recommend this car to anyone."

Love driving this car!

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, looks very appealing"

Cons: "se model has 5spd tranny"

"I feel so nice driving this car, there are interior lights on the door handle, under the doors for courtesy lights, cupholders light up just doesnt seem like they skipped on quality anywhere, the dash is all soft-touch plastic not going to crack. This year they did a makeover of every side of the vehicle inside and out. I have the base SE and the suspension is still really smooth, something about rear wheel drive makes it feel like such a nice ride. the only thing i didnt like was that the se and sxt dont come with spoilers and the shifter and tranny on the se was different (old style/5spd instead of 8speed) it still shifts smooth and is overall a "good buy" but the money to the SXT is well spent."

Beauty & Function

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "Style, comfort, fuel economy, great price, FUN!!"

Cons: "Visibility is limited"

"I cannot say how much I love this car!! It is beautiful, comfortable and great on gas! Plenty of room in the backseat for passengers, plenty of room for driver as well. Very affordable for all you get with this car. I definitely recommend this car for single people, travelers, families, just about anyone who wants comfort, style, great fuel economy, and value."

Nice car but not what i expected!

By on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cons: "Hemi Tick, Air bag recalls, Blind spots"

"Bought it in June of 2012 and it has been at delaer for Air bag light on 4 times, Also The hemi is VERY loud engine. It has a Ticking noise noted as the "Hemi Tick" and dealer says it is Normal. I have owned the car 10000 miles and im trading it in. Too many issues and ticking noise annoying! Mind you i LOVE dodge product but not a fan of the charger R/T"

Drives like a Dream

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, very roomy, I always get compliments"

Cons: "no navigation or dvd"

"I have had this car for almost a year and I'm still in love with it! My Dodge Charger is a Toxic Orange color with 2 black stripes down the center! It's a true beauty and her name is "Fiona"!"

Tons of research and test drives... never a doubt

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, HUGE cabin, you'll love it"

Cons: "No self-cloning technology"

"I started looking at Dodge Chargers in 2009 and drove a new 2010 RT fully loaded for the first time. It was enjoyable, but not amazing. 2011 rolled around before I test drove another right after the redesign.. man was I stoked.. that was the most enjoyable test drive of any vehicle I had ever had. I was driving a little 4-cylinder Hyundai Elantra at the time.. I drove both the V6 and the V8 Chargers and was elated with both. However in the end, the V8 won me over. I watched and researched every little thing I could for over 3 years before finally grabbing my Charger and I've been absolutely impressed, excited, and delighted with my choice! The heated/cooled cupholders were a very nice touch, as were the soft lighting additions behind the door handles on the inside. Everything about the cabin felt so very well thought out and was exquisitely done. A few notes about the two machines: V6 does not ride as smooth as the V8, I'm guessing the suspension and sheer weight difference are likely the causes. V6 gas mileage is a little better than the Hemi v8, but only a little on the highway, much more so in-town. I average a little better than what the window sticker suggested (17mpg city, 26 hwy sticker, 17mpg city, 28mpg hwy actual). A tip for other potential buyers: especially in the V8, Cruise is your friend.. use it alot if you want to keep your fuel costs lower. The automatic tranny will downshift for you when you kick on cruise, while if you don't have the paddleshifters, you're kind of stuck otherwise. While it feels big.. my Charger doesn't feel sluggish or unwieldy. It drives very nimbly and agile, especially for its' size. I can vouch for 0-60 in around 5.5-6 seconds ^.^. While I'm not a racer, I chose my V8 because it handles so impeccably well! I wanted a vehicle that was one of the best there is to keep me and my passengers out of wrecks, not survive them. The handling on the Charger leaves me no doubts that it is what I was looking for, it's incredibly responsive for its' size and weight. I drove 2010 or newer mustangs, I test drove new Camaros, and even a bmw and a Genesis. The bmw and genesis weren't really even in the same class performance-wise, and the camaro had a horrendously rough ride. The mustang just felt too refined, yet not nearly as comfortable. All of them felt very small and confined compared to the positively huge cabin space of the Charger. My Wife-to-be loves my car as much as I do... we may get another when it comes time to replace her Element. :D"

Best ride ever. Love the speed/suspension.

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Like driving a small sports car w/its suspension."

Cons: "The gas. Get a smaller engine if you're concerned"

"The car's suspension is fantastic and the handling is like driving a small sports car. With the Hemi you should already know that gas is expensive. Interior (I have the cloth) is so comfortable and the heated seats are the best. I have arthritis and I use it a lot. The trunk can handle a full luggage for 4 for the week. The back seat with the pull down beverage console. It has been my dream to own this vehicle. 17 mph city 24 highway."

German handling with Hemi power & AWD

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, great fun"

"I gave up on US built cars more than 27 years ago and have been driving German and Semi-luxury Japanese since. I've watched the Charger for several years as the quality continued to improve; loved the style, wanted the power. I bought about 4,000 miles ago and found that after 30 years of boredom. I love driving again. Handling is exceptional. 0 to 60 takes your breath away. Kick it at 50 straight up and the blood drains from your face. At 63, it's 1969 all over again. 375 HP, 395 lb/ft of torque with 552 watts, 10 speakers and a sub-woofer in the trunk. No quality issues, everything performs as it should or better. Dodge got it right this time and I'm enjoying every day. 40 years from now, do you really think folks will be going to the classic car auctions to bid on a Camry?"

Fun to drive and gets lots of looks!

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "fast and pretty"

Cons: "Honestly cant think of any."

"I have the R/T with the road and track package(rare to find on an R/T) She is comfortable, fast and good on the eyes. I traded up from an 06 to my '12...Love what they did to make her a luxury sedan. We have heated/cooled seats, leather everywhere, heated/cooled cupholders, you name it Dodge thought it up. Would recommend to anyone looking to have fun in style and comfort."

2013 Charger SRT

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "instant power, extremely fast, excellent features"

Cons: "Would be nice to install apps to sound system"

"This is one awesome ride. The performance is breath taking, the build quality is excellent, the sound system is amazing. The handling is pretty amazing as well. The power is literally instant on. On other cars I have owned there is a small gap of time from throttle press, but not on the SRT. This car will be accelerating "before" my brain has even figured out that I stepped on the gas pedal. It's really hard to knock a vehicle that can run down M5's and Maserati's on the highway and costs around $50K. 110mph in this car feel like 50 in a normal car, it's just that planted and solid. The Harmon Kardon sound system with surround sound is really amazing. I have owned some vehicles with nice sound systems, but nothing like this. The closest thing I can think of is the Bose system in some GM vehicles, but's honestly it's not as good as the Harmon Kardon in the Charger. It's actually hard to drive this car with restraint. I try and use the adaptive cruise control, which is also my favorite feature of this vehicle, and there is only so long one can drive and be passed up in this car with so much power under the hood. It screams to be released. Passing on the highway is extremely simple. Within a few seconds (if even that) I can out accelerate 99.9% of all cars and pass. This is a good in town cruiser as long as you don't mind paying for the gas station stops. 14mpg in the city is about right. 23mpg on the high way is about right as well, as long as I use the cruise control and keep the cruise set at or a little under 65. But running for a long time on cruise control is a little like trying to feed jelly beans to a starving lion. Sooner or later, the lion will overcome his hunger and gorge. As much as this "can be" a practical car, it definitely wants to be driven. I do look forward to taking the SRT track day and seeing how this car can run on the race track. Owning this car, even for just a short period of time has raised my interest in being able to take a car like this and drive it to the local race track, just to let the lion out to stretch his legs. This is not my first "fast car" but no other car has sparked that interest in track driving like the SRT and I have also owned Corvettes and Lotus as well. I like the idea of real functioning hood scoops and brake vents. They are just not fake vents in this car, they are real and serve a purpose. It gives the car the exotic look since it has real functioning equipment. The interior is really nice with aluminum and billet replacing plastic. The dash trim wasn't stolen from another car, it was purpose built for the SRT and I can feel the quality. If you buy one, buy it with the red leather and thank me later. That being said I do have a few small recommendations to buyers and the design team at SRT: The car needs to be a bit louder, this is after all a car that run in the same pack with super cars and it needs to sound like one not just at wide open throttle. At the very least give a prospective buyer the ability to "opt in" for a slightly louder exhaust note. A better selection of colors would be nice as well. Muscle cars were known for outlandish colors and stripes and the charger is no different. I would have love to bought a super bee, but most on dealer lots are fairly stripped down and lack the nice sound system of the full blown SRT model. It would be nice if the flag ship product of Chrysler would allow installing apps such as Pandora. SRT is a high performance premium brand and it needs to be on the bleeding edge to command it's price. One last small item is not being able to add the mopar appearance package, which can be added to other models. Luckily I had the dealer buy it separately and then install it. This package includes lighted door sills, interior lighting effects, billet pedals for the floor and a beefy mopar t-handle shifter to replace the teeny leather one that came in the car. That package added the finishing touches to a car that was already awesome in it's own right. As long as one does not mind the higher insurance premiums on this car, or the slightly higher price at the pump, it's definitely a super car bargain. I always wondered what it would be like to own a maserati quattroporte or an aston martin rapide, and even though I own neither I can still say that I understand what it would be like to own either. The Charger really is that good."

Best Car Ever

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "super awesome"

Custom Stripes by StripeLine of Tualitin, Oregon.

"I have had this Charger R/T Max for 9 months and I am one happy grandma. This car is SUPER, comfortable, and kicks butt."

Custom Stripes by StripeLine of Tualitin, Oregon.

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, great gas mileage, plenty of power"

"We have had this car for 6 months and we love it. It is a sporty beautiful car but there is plenty of room for the family on the inside. We are enjoying this car very much."

Great car.

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Horsepower,Torque,Looks,Sound,Room/Space,Fun"

Cons: "MPG,Traction Control,Size"

"One of the fastest, best looking, & best value for what you get."

I like this car

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

I don't own this car

"I like this car, it's so beautiful, and I want to buy one. Perfect car!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25