2011 Dodge Charger

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

The best daily driver i have owned in a long time.

By on Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, lots of power, confortable, stylish"

Cons: "cruise power button."

"I was happily surprised at the comfort and spaciousness of the Charge. It offers lot of features that other cars in the price range don't. it has been problem fee. I have nothing praise for my charger. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for comfort, style, and roominess!"

Remembering the good ole days!

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, comfortable, powerful, my is loaded,"

Cons: "Sloppy in the corners...should be a little tighter"

"More power and smoother than my 70 396 Chevelle, my 72 GS Buick 350/4/ 73 Vette 454 275 horse...I could go on and on. The only thing that irked me was all the recalls...a real joy killer. Hemi RT AWD with K&N and Flowmaster Delta 50's for a little rumble. Almost 400 hp and 26/27 on highway and 22 around town...can't beat that!"

2012 SRT8 Blacked out

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Unique Ride"

Cons: "Have to put in Storage for winter grrrrrr price"

"Love the key less entry and power of this ride is plenty :) Traded my 09 RT for the 2012 SRT and so far gas difference is negligible. I like the uniqueness of the SRT as you just don't see many in my area (Buffalo NY) but see stangs, challengers, camaros all the time."

Rediscover the Joy of Driving!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "A thrill to drive, best all around value."

Cons: "Wasn't free?"

"I am just finishing 1000 miles on an SXT we bought with the sport package. This is the V6 with 8-speed transmission. The car is beautiful and looks like no other on the road. Chrysler/Dodge have the best looking cars out there these days. It is also a thrill to drive. My wife and I kept coming back to this while shopping for a new sedan for the family. She picked it, honestly! We both love driving it, and it is nowhere near the boring family mobiles that are the standard for the <30K price range. There is plenty of power and very smooth acceleration. 0-60 in seven seconds or less is a little scary. Honestly, I think I would accidentally kill myself if we got the Hemi! We are averaging 24+ all around mpg in spite of the horsepower this packs. The drive is confident and stable even on sharp turns and braking is sure. Interior is comfortable and the 8.4 Uconnect central control is easy to use. Audio is loud and clear and the car will take you back to 70's rock and roll. Think "I'm in love with my car" by Queen! Bluetooth for phone and music streaming is a great feature and easy to set up. Coupled with the steering wheel and voice command, this has just about everything you need. We did not get the NAV option as it was expensive and hard to find. Our phones do that for free anyway. We are thrilled with this car. I couldn't rate reliability because it is new, but all the reviews of the engine say it is about the best engineered V6 around and the transmission is the flagship made by ZF, a premier German manufacturer that also supplies high-end BMW, Audi and others. So you can't get much better."

May be the best car I ever owned

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Fast and smooth, Styiing and V8 growl"

Cons: "Price hits $40K with all the options"

"Bought new in May 2012. Opted for the Road and Track Package in Redline Pearl Metallic. Car is quiet, fast, smooth. The cylinder switch off is seamless; when you punch the throttle it stuffs you back into your seat! Great highway cruiser and the IRS and sticky tires are great on the twisty bits. Electronics are great, Brakes are awesome. This car inspires confidence. Mileage on the highway is 26 if I nurse it along, but mostly get around 16-17 since this car is no fun to drive slow! Lots of fun and I would recommend it to anyone if you like Detroit iron. Also has been utterly reliable with only routine maintenance so far and one recall for some electrical fuse check which they fixed at oil change time."

One Fun Car

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive and Sporty"

Cons: "RWD is not good for those who drive in snow"

"I have had this car about a month now and I love it. I have 6cyl SXT edition with the Rallye package. I currently average about 24 city and 30 hwy. We took this vehicle on a short roadtrip just to test and see if the fuel economy was as good as advertised and were pleased with the 30 MPG. The enterior is spacious and seats 4 adults and a car seat comfortably. I love the push button start and the fact I don't need to get my key out to unlock and start the car. This may not have a Hemi but it pretty quick. Fast enough that I have to watch my speed because I'm usually going faster than I realize. I like the climate, stereo and blue tooth controls being integrated into one screen. I love that the MP3 decoder picks up my phones music wirelessly. No need to take the time and plug in the cord. My one complaint with this car is the gaurd that pops up in the front of the moonroof is made of mesh. This does help prevent bugs from getting in the car however it makes huge amounts of noise at highway speeds. It is also impossible to clean. In order for the gaurd to be visable the moonroof has to be open and unless you want bugs, cleaner and water in the car you can't clean it while open. You would almost need to remove it and clean it away from the car and in my opinion that is just rediculous. This is a RWD car so I would caution anyone wanting to buy this who has to drive in the snow. It handles great in the rain and typical driving conditions though. I have a Subaru for snow and a Charger for fun."

This is the One.

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Chassis, comfort, performance, value."

Cons: "18" wheels get lost; 20's sacrifice comfort."

"Ask my wife; I am always in the market for a new car. It was a hobby. No more. I've had 2 GTO's, a G8 GT, Sonata 2.0t, Genesis (Coupe and Sedan), Sierra Quad Cab... the list goes on. You get the idea. The 2012 Charger SXT is the best car I have ever owned. (Hint: add a Cold Air Intake to the V6. It will help you get over not having a V8 right around 5700rpm. The snarl is intoxicating.) Be patient, look for good deals, and you can take an SXT home for under $25k. It devours interstates for lunch. 70mph = 1500rpm. The chassis is solid. It handles well for such a large car. It has all the features you want; none of the stuff you don't. "Base" stereo with the 8.4 touchscreen is Alpine. Nice! The transmission anticipates your next move. HUGE on the inside, sexy on the outside. If the styling is too much... go with a 300. I'll say this: the car begs for a lumpy torque-monster V8. But unless you live stoplight-to-stoplight, the overachieving Pentastar V6 will take you from 0-60 in well under 7 seconds while sipping regular unleaded. The 8-speed vs. the 5-speed for the Hemi closes the desirability gap between the two considerably."

Tons of research and test drives... never a doubt

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, HUGE cabin, you'll love it"

Cons: "No self-cloning technology"

"I started looking at Dodge Chargers in 2009 and drove a new 2010 RT fully loaded for the first time. It was enjoyable, but not amazing. 2011 rolled around before I test drove another right after the redesign.. man was I stoked.. that was the most enjoyable test drive of any vehicle I had ever had. I was driving a little 4-cylinder Hyundai Elantra at the time.. I drove both the V6 and the V8 Chargers and was elated with both. However in the end, the V8 won me over. I watched and researched every little thing I could for over 3 years before finally grabbing my Charger and I've been absolutely impressed, excited, and delighted with my choice! The heated/cooled cupholders were a very nice touch, as were the soft lighting additions behind the door handles on the inside. Everything about the cabin felt so very well thought out and was exquisitely done. A few notes about the two machines: V6 does not ride as smooth as the V8, I'm guessing the suspension and sheer weight difference are likely the causes. V6 gas mileage is a little better than the Hemi v8, but only a little on the highway, much more so in-town. I average a little better than what the window sticker suggested (17mpg city, 26 hwy sticker, 17mpg city, 28mpg hwy actual). A tip for other potential buyers: especially in the V8, Cruise is your friend.. use it alot if you want to keep your fuel costs lower. The automatic tranny will downshift for you when you kick on cruise, while if you don't have the paddleshifters, you're kind of stuck otherwise. While it feels big.. my Charger doesn't feel sluggish or unwieldy. It drives very nimbly and agile, especially for its' size. I can vouch for 0-60 in around 5.5-6 seconds ^.^. While I'm not a racer, I chose my V8 because it handles so impeccably well! I wanted a vehicle that was one of the best there is to keep me and my passengers out of wrecks, not survive them. The handling on the Charger leaves me no doubts that it is what I was looking for, it's incredibly responsive for its' size and weight. I drove 2010 or newer mustangs, I test drove new Camaros, and even a bmw and a Genesis. The bmw and genesis weren't really even in the same class performance-wise, and the camaro had a horrendously rough ride. The mustang just felt too refined, yet not nearly as comfortable. All of them felt very small and confined compared to the positively huge cabin space of the Charger. My Wife-to-be loves my car as much as I do... we may get another when it comes time to replace her Element. :D"

Shut up and buy one already

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Where do I start? This car is brutal! I won't ramble on about it's awesme styling, because that is all a matter of opinion anyway. I do get complments on it daily, however. It's the car for the family guy who has everythig. 4 doors, a big backseat, and 16 cubic feet of trunk space gets my family and I wherever we need to go in a hurry, with no emo teenagers upset because they have to ride in a minivan. My whole family LOVES this car. I bought mine new, and included in the price was the SRT experience. An entire day driving the entire SRT lineup (minus the Viper). That alone is a $600 value. I asked the SRT experience crew about any reliability issues they have had, and they just routinely change tires, brake pads, and oil. This car has me spoiled. It has more bells and whistles than I will ever use (my last car was a Neon SRT-4 that I drove for 10 years). My only complaints are that the ride is a little... uncomposed... sometimes. Maybe that's because it does not handle like a 4000lb car normally would. On the track, it is simply amazing. Not a huge fan of the fact that I couldn't get a manual transmission (what's up with that)? And the exhaust is a little quiet for my taste. City driving gas mileage is, well... terrible, but it is pretty decent on the highway. At the end of the day you will not find a faster, better handling, better looking, red-white-and-blue-blooded sedan on the market for the price... period. It has all of the finesse, table manners, and raw, primal, brutal power of a big ol' hairy gorilla! This is what an American car should be, four-doors and all. So shut up, empty your life savings, give it all to Ma Mopar, and start enjoying your life!"

My Second Dodge Charger, buying a 3rd soon!

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "great looks, fun to drive, SAFE TO DRIVE!"

Cons: "I think the digital guage needs redesigned"

"I leased a 2008 Charger SE and loved it! At 260 HP I thought it was under powered, so when I bought my 2012 Charger SE and nearly 300 HP (PITCH BLACK WITH BLACK INTERIOR, 8 SPEED TRANS AND WING AND WHEEL OPTION) I had the best car I'd ever owned ( I'm 60). Best mpg I ever got was 34! My only complaint is that the base seat was too soft for longer trips. In Jan of 2014 a driver ran a stop sign on a rural road and I T-boned him. Both air bags deployed and most important to me, the air bag that came out the lower dash at my knees saved my knees and likely broken bones. I had lots of bruises and a broken rib - but no cuts. My car was totaled. Thank God I was in big, well made car! I plan to buy an AWD Charger soon - either SXT or RT! Love the Dodge Charger!"