2011 Dodge Charger

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Excellent driving and milage

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Body style, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Back seats leg room, cloth sports seats dirty easy"

"Use as a work vehicle and put on the miles quick. Wanted something comfortable and larger as its a rolling office. Trunk is large and holds 5 suitcases or about two grocery carts of bottled Yuengling in the 12 pack and case form. Back seats do not give the best leg room for tall folks if driving for a while. But my research noted I wanted to go with the 3.6 six cylinder with 8 speed transmission for best mileage. My best average is 38.5 mpg, including some light town driving. Window sticker says 31mpg but get 33mpg to 35mpg regularly. But I don't drive with jack rabbit starts and quick braking but look ahead and anticipate braking..but still get that mileage with the occasional quick speed start which sounds great when accelerating. I avoid the ethanol as it will reduce mileage substantially. E-85 engine will get 14 to 16 mpg and it doesn't pay to get that stuff,(your already paying for it as taxpayers subsidizing, so the real cost is more.) plus its hard on your engine, more heat less energy and I don't like filling up twice as often. Even e-10 reduces down to 26 to 28 mpg. Never know it to be a six cylinder penstar engine. Have 40,000 miles in 16 months, bought new with 6 and I put those on too. Very maneuverable and responsive."

Awesome sporty and family sedan

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Great car!!!"

"I absolutely love this car!! Why? well several reasons such as the comfort, style, size, speed, everything about this car is just perfect and amazing. If you want a stylish, sporty, fast, family sedan, don't look any further."

Out classes all foreign competitors

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Seamless smooth effortless power from Hemi V8"

"This car outclasses all European and Japanese sport sedans in quality, performance, reliability for half the price, an undiscovered gem, and I have owned them all."

Shut up and buy one already

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Where do I start? This car is brutal! I won't ramble on about it's awesme styling, because that is all a matter of opinion anyway. I do get complments on it daily, however. It's the car for the family guy who has everythig. 4 doors, a big backseat, and 16 cubic feet of trunk space gets my family and I wherever we need to go in a hurry, with no emo teenagers upset because they have to ride in a minivan. My whole family LOVES this car. I bought mine new, and included in the price was the SRT experience. An entire day driving the entire SRT lineup (minus the Viper). That alone is a $600 value. I asked the SRT experience crew about any reliability issues they have had, and they just routinely change tires, brake pads, and oil. This car has me spoiled. It has more bells and whistles than I will ever use (my last car was a Neon SRT-4 that I drove for 10 years). My only complaints are that the ride is a little... uncomposed... sometimes. Maybe that's because it does not handle like a 4000lb car normally would. On the track, it is simply amazing. Not a huge fan of the fact that I couldn't get a manual transmission (what's up with that)? And the exhaust is a little quiet for my taste. City driving gas mileage is, well... terrible, but it is pretty decent on the highway. At the end of the day you will not find a faster, better handling, better looking, red-white-and-blue-blooded sedan on the market for the price... period. It has all of the finesse, table manners, and raw, primal, brutal power of a big ol' hairy gorilla! This is what an American car should be, four-doors and all. So shut up, empty your life savings, give it all to Ma Mopar, and start enjoying your life!"

fun to drive, terrific styling,great performance f

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the value,"

Cons: "So far none"

"previous car was a 2004 Camry. New charger reminded me that a car can be fun to drive again. People stop to admire styling, Its 2 years old and I still look forward to driving it. Terrific sound and performance from a six cylinder engine with 8 speed trans."

Most complimented car I've owned!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Great style - gas mileage is great"

"Why would anyone wanting a big, sporty car, buy anything else? Great car - comfortable and fun to drive."

Love my 2013 SRT8 Charger!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "stylish, fun to drive, powerful & comfortable."

Cons: "only averages 19 MPG, but I don't mind."

"I bought a 2011 Charger RT first and I liked the car but wanted more. Traded for the 2013 SRT8 and now it's the most fun car I ever owned. I was going to buy something sportier like the new Camaro but when you look at the interior room and trunk of the Charger, its so much more car. Runs great, handles great (excellent for a full sized car), stylish looks, room for 5 adults, and stuffed with technologically advanced options, what more could you want from a car."

This is my Quickest car yet. SRT8

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Every time I drive it, I'm hitting the gas hard."

Cons: "My only gripe is the exhaust sound, way too soft."

"Just bought it from a dealer a month ago used with only 5500 miles and it is fast..470 Horsepower is awesome. 25 MPG on highway/12 in city, I floor it a lot. Wherever I park it people will come to check it out. Especially being red with a blacked out grille. Has every available option. The ventilated seats are cool."

Rental car impression

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Cool-looking and high-quality interior"

Cons: "Heavy and not fuel-efficient"

"We rented a 2014 Charger R/T for 3 days and overall had a good experience with the car. The exterior styling looks bold but chunky and outdated. I liked the headlights and LED taillights, which came on when you unlocked the car. The smartkey system was a plus for me. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the interior, lots of soft-touch materials on the dash and compartments were lined with soft fabric. The dash and ambient lighting in the cupholders and door sills looked cool. However, the dashboard feels very cavernous, flat, and doesn't wrap around you like some other cars. The gauge cluster looked nice but was flat and one-dimensional. However, I especially liked that the headliner was black, as opposed to the usual tan. It gave the car a retro and sporty look. Overall, the interior was nice and roomy but the dash and center console were completely flat and one-dimensional and that turned me off. The big touchscreen in the middle of the dash was pretty cool but difficult to use at first. The graphics were nice to look at and looked modern. The speed-adjusted sound was an interesting touch. Our rental also came with Satellite radio, which is the norm nowadays in new cars. While it was too hot to use the heated seats, there were controls for them right on the touchscreen. However, the steering wheel was poorly-designed, causing you to accidentally change the radio station while steering. I liked the sound the turn signal made, it reminded me of old cars, probably part of their "retro" styling. The Charger was powerful on the highways but a pain to drive in city traffic. It felt heavy and was not good for making fast maneuvers at a slow speed. The gas mileage was also pretty bad for a sedan."

I bought the right car.

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "AWD, good price, fun on the twists"

Cons: "People think I'm the police and slow down"

"I bought a 2013 charger sxt awd with sport appearance package. I needed a car to safely take me to work from northern Colorado to Wyoming on a daily basis. After a year of ownership I have to say that I grown to love my charger. It's comfortable, powerful enough, sounds great (Beats) and has been reliable. During the September floods I was able to make it back home on a back road when the highways were guarded by the national guard and the police (the back road closed 30 minutes after I passed). The awd system just powered on in about four inches of rain and amazingly enough I led a car behind me to safety with the bright backlights. I would highly recommend this car."

convient, confortable, and swift. great car

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cons: "none, maybe gas mileage"

"none"

Love my car!

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, very sharp"

Cons: "No place for my purse!"

"Best car I have owned! It's classy and sporty and has plenty of get up and go. I love the looks I receive from onlookers admiring my car."

Feels like a tank! (good thing)

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "AWD, technology, power, handling, etc etc etc"

Cons: "text to speech through bluetooth is limited"

"I wanted to wait until I had this vehicle for awhile before I wrote a review. I bought this vehicle back in January of 2014, and have been driving it for approximately 6 months now. I previously had a 2010 Chevy Camaro and due to the increasingly harsh winters in Canada I wanted something that I could drive all winter long without worry or nerves about what the weather man threatens me with. I was in the market for an AWD vehicle, wanted a car, but still wanted something that looked nice. This basically left me with a Cadillac CTS (too expensive), the Subaru lineup... which to be honest is great if you just want a basic car. If you want any type of technology in your vehicle you need to get the top model which is more than i wanted to spend. The Dodge Charger or the Chrysler 300. Once I test drove the 2014 Dodge Charger SXT Plus AWD I fell for it, easy decision... and here is why. 1. The car is a full sized sedan, make no mistake it is a large vehicle... but it does not drive like one. It is nimble around corners, great visibility, and the 300 horses under the hood for a V6 is more than enough for easy highway merging and passing. 2. Technology. This car is full of it, and they all look and tie nicely together. 8.4 inch touch screen is easy to navigate, bluetooth is easy to set up, backup camera has a wide view. etc. 3. the AWD. I cannot say enough about this. The car has adaptive AWD which automatically determines if you need RWD for better feul economy (in the summer for example) or AWD for better traction (during heavy rain or winter). The transition is seamless. I purposely went out in the middle of a snow storm in February when there was 6 inches of snow on the roads. Came to a complete stop and stepped on the gas... the car took off like the snow wasnt even there... i was absolutely blown away. If you want a stylish, feul efficient, AWD vehicle that is full of technology.... this car is for you! you will not regret it."

Middle of the road Muscle Car

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Quick start"

Cons: "No top end"

"Needs work on improving brake system, electronics, radio, cruise control, antenna, exterior, plastic body parts."

Great gas mileage!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "MPG!! Ride, features."

Cons: "Trunk is small."

"Best thing about our Charger? The mileage! We get about 30-34 MPG highway and usually 26 city. We have never had a problem with our car, other than the occasional recalls from Dodge. The ride is good, love the sunroof here in Tennessee, seats very comfortable, and the features are great!"

Love this car.

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, fun, great acceleration"

"I love this car. It's big, fast, comfortable and an excellent highway cruiser. Mileage is very good for a big vehicle with a V8. Have gotten 27-29 MPG many times on pure highway driving."

I love my charger!!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "fun, cool, strong, powerful, responsive, driver co"

Cons: "wish the stock alloy wheels had a better look."

"This is my THIRD one! First was an 80s Daytona. Next was 2009, which someone rearended, ugh. I am very cool when I drive my Chargers and can always see admiring (and maybe jealous) looks as drive by. But the best part is the smart German engineering and the great responses from the vehicle, although the engine's purring roar of a response is very satisfying!!"

Good car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "handles nice,roomy."

Cons: "limited slip sucks,no ash trays,sorry i smoke."

"the only thing I don't like is the limited slip rearend. it doesn't drive very good in the snow.but the v6 power is nice and with the cold air intake I have on it,it sounds like the v8.i'm very happy with the room in the car very comfy."

The Road Crusier

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Wanted a car that had an amazing ride yet great gas. this car has plenty of power and little to not be happy about. gave it an overall 9 simply because i wish the base came with more power!! Excellent road cruiser, just went to vegas and back from socal and only used 20 gallons at 75 the whole time!"

I love this car and get compliments from strangers

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "nice look,great gas milage and fun to drive"

"I love this car I had it more then two years now and still get compliments all the time, it had fresh looks and style and technology that ni was looking for, i would recomend to anyone, not bad on gass either,"

This car was the best purchase I have made

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable and confidence inspiring"

Cons: "Should have bought the Hemi"

"I bought a 2013 Charger AWD Sport appearance package v6. I had never bought an AWD but my job required me to drive between Colorado and Wyoming often. I have to say that this car has performed brilliantly. Over 18,000 miles or so I have only needed to go in for oil service but this car has driven through thick blankets of snow on rough back roads, fog with maybe ten feet of visibility and somehow got me home during the September foods. Nearly five inches of water and the charger did not care; I actually was one of the last people to leave Wyoming before they closed all of the roads. I've driven the RWD version and honestly I'd go AWD over and over again. When the weather is actually nice the front turns off and it saves on gas. Overall, the charger is a fantastic car and it will be my first choice in a future car."

nightmare

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"Since day one this has been a nightmare. Purchased car Saturday night, drove home, next morning started car it was smoking. Took the car to dealership and left it there. This car stayed at dealership for 12 days. Couldn't get help from dealer nor Dodge. Dealership had car more days than I had it. Finally told that the car was fixed. Went to pick up the car and was told that dealership mechanic and Dodge mechanic sent to assist did not find any problems. Once arrived at dealership, started the car only to see huge cloud of smoke from exhaust yet AGAIN!! The dealership would not buy me out of the contract and decided to put me into ANOTHER 2014 Charger. Finally received new Charger on Friday. Drove the car for a family outing on Saturday and now I hear Rear End vibration. Second 2014 Charger in 30 days, my advice would be to stay far away."

2014 Charger R/T Plus, Absolute blast to drive.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, auto highbeam, power, size"

Cons: "indicator sound, low roof lining"

"OK, I might be bias. Stepping out of a 2007 VW Jetta with 150HP and no technology thrills. My experience however with my 2014 Charger R/T Plus with sport package is a blast. Relative good fuel mileage, as long your foot is not horizontal. Comfort is good, all though I'm just 6ft 2 inches my hair is touching the roof and this is because of the sun roof that makes the roof lining lower. It has a definite fun factor, remember if you are irritable, "Keep both hands on the wheel" because it does fish-tale when AWD is not engaged. On rainy days a 4 wheel spin combined with excellent stability makes you grin. Seats are good. Though the lumbar support could be more refined. The dash I like allot, uconnect is easy to understand, no deep diving in menu's etc. The major thing I would like to change is the indicator signal sound, it's like they went hunting for spare parts and found a 1970's charger indicator in stock. In all rough around the edges but an absolute descent car to drive. Looking forward to the 8 speed HEMI configuration."

BEST MOPAR I HAVE OWNED SO FAR

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Cons: "Would like to see POWER folding outside mirrors."

"Submitting rating because I found none for the SRT model. I bought a black on black 2012 Charger SRT-8 in October of 2011. I know it is no fair to compare, but I also have a 2008 BMW Alpina B7. The Dodge is a great deal for the money. My SRT can stay with my Alpina in perfomance. Where the Dodge falls a little short is the car does not track as well and feel as planted as my BMW. The quality and interior design is excellent! I have 21000 miles on it and have had no major issues, only a few minor ones taken care of under warranty. This Charger is my third one. I had an 06 and 07 Daytona Chargers and no a problem with any of them. Excited about the Hemi cars having 8 speed automatic next year and increase to 500 HP. Most likely will trade mine in on a new SRT, hopefully in Plum Crazy Purple. MOPAR OR NO CAR!!"

BEST RESALE VALUE

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Performance, ventilated seats, fast, ride, value"

"Bought my Charger R/T in Oct 2013 love every bit of this car from nice options to custom bucket Charger seats. The Charger handles so excellent on giving me awesome performance and the most solid ride than ever. Fast, sportier, high smooth engine power on half decent gas mileage and its superior quiet. I think the Charger would be worth something in future because of performance and great handling has just like the older Mopar vehicles back in the day. Charger is plenty of roomier its got every available option included navigation, great stereo system, UConnect system for other electronics available. Ventilated seats have great support works for winter or summer with heated outside mirrors everything is at best on Charger R/T model a great vehicle for the money."