2009 Dodge Charger

Based on 806 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Hemi is the way to go, Fun to drive

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "HEMI worth the money"

Cons: "V6 not much power"

"The Hemi is worth the extra to buy. Gas mileage isn't much of a difference between V6 & V8, so you will be very happy with it. I had the SXT and it was nice, got attention, but not much power. I upgraded to the Hemi and it was the best decision I made. I am so happy with the Charger R/T and I will not sell this one and I will keep it until it doesn't go anymore. I have to say the car is AWESOME!!!!"

Amazing car! Reliable, fast, and comfortable!

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, fast, and sporty"

Cons: "No cupholders in the back. Some plastic interior."

"I bought the car new and have never had a single problem with it. The car rides smooth, has comfortable seats, and is very fast. I love listening to music, especially soundtracks, and the speakers are crystal clear and play the bass well. I've never had engine trouble or problems with any part of the car. The trunk is very large, big enough to fit three large suitcases in comfortably. The only thing I wish was better was the plastic parts of the interior. The plastic scratches like all car plastics due and makes it look cheap. This car has been through a lot, however, as it gets driven from Missouri to Floria twice or more a year. It is an amazing car and I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a sporty, yet comfortable car! Very Reliable and amazing!"

This is the greatest car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Great car, great motor, fun to drive, great MPG"

Cons: "do not like position of cruse control"

"Bought this car new and have had almost no repairs. Very comfortable, lots of power and gets great gas mileage for the size of the motor. This is the best car I have ever had and have bought another Charger 2013."

charger

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I have had brake problems with this car starting at 179 miles. I now have 2400 miles on the car. Every week the car is in the shop with brake problems. I have not skipped a week with brake problems. The dealership can not figure out the problem. Also I will not drive the car over 15 miles I'm afraid the brakes will go."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive including great gas mileage"

Cons: "wheels are easily scratched"

"I have owned my car since 2009. I love the seats nd the placement of controls. Rides great, excellant factory sound system especially with the Sirus radio. The only issue I have had is the windsheild broke after a snow storm, which Alabama rarely sees. It was an expensive replacement around 300.00 dollars. With regular oil changes using Castrol SAE 30 she has been nothing short of amazing. Even the change between a built Corvette and my Charger was quite pleasant due to the severity of my back problems. The heated leather seats with the addition of lumbar support and electric seat placement controls, she is the best investment I have ever made. I paid a little too much for her, I am just now paying the principle, with no regrets! Try driving one and you will be hooked on the steering, handling, eye candy that is the 2008 Dodge Charger SXT."

Best One Yet!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great car! Fun car and a great travel car."

Cons: "Dash vents have popped out, had to glue back in."

"I bought this car used and have had it for 2 years. I cannot see me ever driving another car. I love the stability, handling and speed of this vehicle. It is beautiful on the inside and the outside. The only thing I have ever had replaced was the battery. It is an amazing car!!"

Great family car

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great price"

Cons: "gas mileage, no sunroof"

"When I bought this car I was deciding between this car and a Chevrolet Camaro. In the end my more practical side won out, though this car isn't great on gas mileage it is certainly better than the Jeep Wrangler I had been driving around, and on a road trip I often average 26-28 mpg. This car is very roomy, at six feet tall I can say that with the driver's seat all the way back I can comfortably sit in the seat behind the driver's seat, without my knees touching the chair. The car has a great feel, very smooth ride, and it has power when you need it. Overall this is the most comfortable car I have owned, and it is both practical for a family with the ability to put at least two car seats in the back, and it is a joy to drive."

It's a keeper (0-60 in low 5's)

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Full Size car but it's a luxury muscle car too"

Cons: "there really are none"

"I planned on only keeping this car for a few years. Considering that the 2009's come with a standard LIFE TIME WARRANTY on the powertrain (included for free w/ Chrysler, no joke - if it blows up they replace it)and my payoff almost done I have considered trading it but have to ask myself why the heck I would give this up! Great car!!! Yeah, that's why you won't see a lot of 2009s w/ the up'd HP to 268 for sale I guess."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fast, Comfortable"

Cons: "Bad Mpg, Inside not designed well"

"I love this car! I have a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with the 5.7L Hemi and I love it. I bought it with 62k miles and now i have over 117k and every mile has a story! The car runs like new and has never showed me any issues. The interior could be better quality but im not complaining. Best 4 door muscle car you can own! I prefer this over the Mustang, gto, and challenger any day!"

Great car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fast and roomy"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"The SRT Charger is one of the best cars Dodge has built yet. The power is great and it looks the part, a real head turner. Handles well for it's size and stops on a dime with big brembo brakes. I can fit the whole family and load up the trunk and still have room to spare. I couldn't imagine driving a honda or toyota for the same money when I am behind the wheel of this beast and they are in the mirror, a spec in the mirror at that."

Love it...for the most part

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "beautiful and user friendly...great options on my R/T Plus"

Cons: "system upgrades and 'bugs'"

"My first NEW Dodge. The only thing that I do not like about it is now it is starting to give me EVIC messages that are 'new' to the dealer, ie...Service Keyless System, and it has lost a great deal of power and gas milage. I love it, but I am ready to trade it off for something with fewer 'bugs'."

it was reliable, comfortable for 5' 11' person

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"This car has been very reliable for the 107,00o Miles I have owned and enjoyed the car. Overall very satisfied. I had two main issues at 75,000. Front suspension needed some work and I had quirky issue with hot air blowing in cabin when Air conditioner was off as if a air from the warmed engine department fed the ducts to the cabin of the car. Car gets many compliments for styling, and though I took the smallest engine package I please to report it has never left me wonder when is the power going to kick in."

Saved my life

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I bought my 2008 Charger brand new in '08. I loved everything about it! It always got MANY looks and many compliments! One day, while driving my 18 month old twins home, a guy ran a stop sign and I hit him going 55 MPH. The air bags deployed as they were supposed to and all the doors still worked, so we were able to get out of the car safely. I was very impressed with how the car handled in the accident. It could have buckled the whole car in and instead, the front end took all the impact and in the end saved mine and my children’s lives. So thankful for that car, I will be replacing it with another Charger!"

Gas hog

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Overall, the car has been decent. A few minor mechanical issues (AC going out in 100+ degree weather due to a computer issue, Humming noise that service department cannot figure out), and the fact that the more it is driven the progressively worse the gas mileage gets. I do love the car and enjoy driving it!"

Fastest Car I Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"My SRT8 Charger is the fastest car I have ever owned. Excellent body design. Always turning heads. Comfortable ride for a sports suspension. Horrible in the winter, infact I have owned 13 new vehicles in my life and this is absolutely the worst handling in winter conditions. The brakes squeak and Dodge will not correct it. From day one, at times when I start the car, blue smoke comes out of the tailpipes and Dodge will not correct the problem. Some things are great about this vehicle and some are not, but I just wanted everyone to know the truth. Rattles and dashboard squeaks. Had to replace the tires after one year! Not from burning rubber, but from misalignments from Dodge when received. Word of caution; If you should get caught in a bad snow storm, need to travel and are on a highway, wait for a semi-truck and stay in his tracks. It helps and just may save your life. Believe me, I had to do this on I-90 in PA. Did I make a mistake with buying this car? NO! I still enjoy it, but you just need to be carefull in the winter. The other problems I mentioned, oh well. What can I do but put up with it or spend money to relieve them. I think I'll just enjoy it and sell it after 3 years like all the other vehicles. I'm thinking about purchasing the new Challenger! Why not? Have fun and enjoy life! Good luck to all interested in the SRT8 Charger and enjoy!"

Love My Charger, Very Safe

By on Thursday, July 5, 2007

"I have the Dodge Charger R/T and I love it. Not only does it have power and style but it is very safe. I was rear ended; I was stopped and was hit by a person going 50 MPH. Their car was totaled. My charger only lost it's plastic bumper. No one was hurt, but everyone that saw the accident couldn't believe how safe the car was. Thanks Chrysler for making such a safe car!"

Best car I have ever owned! (Out of 14 cars total)

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, stylish, head turner."

Cons: "No rear Cup holders"

"Absolutely love every aspect of this car. 10 Points to Dodge."

I...Love...This...Car!!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Didnt have a spoiler :("

"It drives so smooth and quiet. With 2 kids, they have plenty of room in the back seat. Funny, that people assume its a guys ride and here I am 5 foot nothing getting out of this beautiful car!! Lol, its pretty awesome! Love the leather seat warmers and easy cleaning interior. "Very important". Great trunk space and plenty of storage space in the front as well. As a former Ford and Toyota owner.. I'm officially a Dodge Girl!"

Amazing underated Car

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and the price is right."

Cons: "Small blind spot to get used to"

"This car has been nothing short of amazing to me! If I had listened to all the so so reviews I would have never bought it. I'm over 70,000 miles and haven't done anything but change the oil, brakes, tires and a minor repair. Plenty of horsepower for a 6 cylinder. Plenty of storage space in trunk and I've hardly had to use the fold down seats for my trade. Trips to Vegas from LA are a breeze keeping up with the flow of traffic with plenty of extra power when I need it. Totally happy this American car is back in the picture! It doesn't surprise me that the Highway Patrol is now using Chargers."

Solid quality car. Superior for space and comfort

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, power, braking, drives sporty."

Cons: "Wish it was available in standard."

"I wanted a sporty sedan with some power in the V6 class. After testing all the cars in this category some things i liked were rear wheel drive better performance and power. In the sedan category it seemed to have the most power as well, handed much better than all others, the auto-stick worked much better after i had it tuned. I brought the Charger in for a part change and they told me there was a turner upgrade for $90, so i had it done. The whole transmission performed much better, it shifted much later overall power was improved i don't know why but it performed so much better."

What a hot rod WOW

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "hot rod"

Cons: "The RT has too much power"

"Although it wasn’t designed for snow it has too much power for it. I would get AWD if I had a do over."

A very good, reliable car. great in the snow.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun to drive and economical"

Cons: "lack of an available manual transmission."

"This is a very good, dependable car and it gets decent mileage for a full-size car. We had several severe snow storms a year ago and this car never caused me any concern. It handled very well in the conditions. This car has a lot of interior room for my family of five."

I Love this Car, but could have been built better

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, Nice Pickup"

Cons: "Noisy"

"My car tends to be noisy, when it's cold I notice turning the steering wheel it makes a noise, the windows sometimes make noise, plastic on the side of my seat was broken off when bought (2nd buyer)And my brakes squeal when I replaced all the pads"

I love this car!!!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This car runs awesome!!! It has a lot of pick up when you step on the gas. It is comfortable, the windows in the backseat roll down all the way, and the trunk is huge!!"

A Good Starter Vehicle

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, great for road trips"

Cons: "Lots of maintenance,"

The pink piece on the right is what breaks from normal wear and tear.

"Similar to a starter house, this car is a good "first car" if you have teens or a small family. It is nice and roomy and everyone compliments me on how comfortable it is. It rides very smooth like a luxury car, but it still has some get-up-and-go like a sports car. I bought this car used in 2008, and in 2011, several different things required maintenance. The a/c went out, I had to buy new tires, and the interlock latch broke in the shifter. The interlock latch was the hardest to fix because we had to do it ourselves. If you plan on buying this car, be SURE TO ASK if this part has been fixed or replaced. If the plastic piece has not been replaced by a stronger aluminum piece, then the shifter will break one day when you least expect it. All in all, it is a good reliable car now, but I can tell that Dodge makes their cars with cheap plastic parts, and I won't be buying another one."

The pink piece on the right is what breaks from normal wear and tear.