2008 Dodge Charger

Based on 802 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Hemi is the way to go, Fun to drive

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "HEMI worth the money"

Cons: "V6 not much power"

"The Hemi is worth the extra to buy. Gas mileage isn't much of a difference between V6 & V8, so you will be very happy with it. I had the SXT and it was nice, got attention, but not much power. I upgraded to the Hemi and it was the best decision I made. I am so happy with the Charger R/T and I will not sell this one and I will keep it until it doesn't go anymore. I have to say the car is AWESOME!!!!"

Amazing car! Reliable, fast, and comfortable!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, fast, and sporty"

Cons: "No cupholders in the back. Some plastic interior."

"I bought the car new and have never had a single problem with it. The car rides smooth, has comfortable seats, and is very fast. I love listening to music, especially soundtracks, and the speakers are crystal clear and play the bass well. I've never had engine trouble or problems with any part of the car. The trunk is very large, big enough to fit three large suitcases in comfortably. The only thing I wish was better was the plastic parts of the interior. The plastic scratches like all car plastics due and makes it look cheap. This car has been through a lot, however, as it gets driven from Missouri to Floria twice or more a year. It is an amazing car and I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a sporty, yet comfortable car! Very Reliable and amazing!"

Solid value for american 4-door full size sedan

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "value, styling, reliability, power, ease of use"

Cons: "city fuel economy, interior"

Ready for action!

"What is bad: city mileage is awful compared to other cars in this class. Also, the interior is very basic. Most versions of this car seem to be a throwback to simple muscle car interior design: not many over-the-top gizmos and gadgets, but certainly loaded with the basics. What is good: pretty much everything else. good power, great look, excellent freeway mileage, very reliable, easy to drive overall and a fun own for sure. It is surprisingly nimble for a large 4-door, and has power when you need it, even with the lower-end V6 models. Heck, the HP produced in the V6 exceeds that of 80's corvettes, so there's that."

Ready for action!

Such a great car

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"I have had this car for 5 years now and only had one minor problem that was my fault ( i let a leak go for too long ). This car has been GREAT truly one of the best cars I have owned. I dont ever plan on getting rid of it. Im 6'3 and 295 LBS this car has so much room and rides so smooth. Great car and would tell anyone that is on the fence about buying one DO IT!!!!"

2010 dodge charger

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

I don't own this car

"my dodge charger is a very reliable car. it has after market performance exhaust installed red decal on hood along with hood scoop with a red spoiler on the trunk. my 2010 vdodge charger is a real head turner. also has uconnect satellite radio single disc cd player. whats not so great a bout the car is the winters with the rear wheel drive. overall very nice car i love it would recommend it to anyone."

This is the greatest car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Great car, great motor, fun to drive, great MPG"

Cons: "do not like position of cruse control"

"Bought this car new and have had almost no repairs. Very comfortable, lots of power and gets great gas mileage for the size of the motor. This is the best car I have ever had and have bought another Charger 2013."

Gives you grins every time you leave the house.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

"I bought this car new (2006 Daytona edition, Top Banana), expecting a cool car to drive for a few years till the next cool car came along. I've had this car for over 7 years now, and I have to say I'm in love with it. It's a solid and extremely reliable car. And of course it's performance is fantastic, which makes it so enjoyable, even though it's a huge 4 door car. People constantly ask me if its a new Mustang:-) ( which is sort of insulting :-)) but the beauty is that this giant 4 door car has the appearance and performance of a pony car, while having the practical advantage of being actually comfortable and useful :-). It's looks are mean and impressive on cruise night, and then I tomorrow I can take it to the Home Depot and load up with an entire weekend's project supplies, or take a load of people to the state fair in Cadillac'esqe comfort. Try that with your pony car :-D. I've had no significant repairs required since I've owned it. Heck, I still have the factory battery!, which is unheard of here in South Florida. (the heat kills batteries here, but being in the trunk must keep it out of the heat) My friend has leased three Nissans since I've had mine and has had to replace the battery before the lease is up in every one :-). The Michelins have been excellent, and last week I bought my second set. Most of my regular driving is short city trips, and I've only aligned the suspension when I replaced the tires, and they wear perfectly evenly for the entire 40k+ I've gotten with both sets. (My ex-wifes Volvo went through a set of tires every 15,000 miles and cost $1500 to replace!) The only parts that have failed are the plastic clips on the passenger AC vent and defroster vents , and a cooling fan motor (replaced under warranty) The car drives and handles superbly, the fully independent suspension on all 4 corners is fantastic, and the stability control is excellent if you get yourself in too deep :-). And when its switched off you get to experience the true raw power it's instilled with and drive it like a pony car. The hybrid locking differential is excellent and never fails to leave an even pair of tracks should you desire. (assuming stability control is off). The only reason I give it 9 instead of 10 in driving dynamics is the delay when manually shifting. It could benefit from more instantaneous shifting in manual mode, and D to R transition. (I think the newer models have improved this) My friend has a Lamborghini, and he said he had more fun riding in my car than he did in his Lambo'. I can't compare it to a Lambo', but it's a testament to the car and to the ability to drive a 4200 pound 4 door sedan with the guts and precision to impress a Lambo owner. Bottom line is that Dodge made a winner with this car and it's just plain to drive in every condition."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive including great gas mileage"

Cons: "wheels are easily scratched"

"I have owned my car since 2009. I love the seats nd the placement of controls. Rides great, excellant factory sound system especially with the Sirus radio. The only issue I have had is the windsheild broke after a snow storm, which Alabama rarely sees. It was an expensive replacement around 300.00 dollars. With regular oil changes using Castrol SAE 30 she has been nothing short of amazing. Even the change between a built Corvette and my Charger was quite pleasant due to the severity of my back problems. The heated leather seats with the addition of lumbar support and electric seat placement controls, she is the best investment I have ever made. I paid a little too much for her, I am just now paying the principle, with no regrets! Try driving one and you will be hooked on the steering, handling, eye candy that is the 2008 Dodge Charger SXT."

Disappointed

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"10,358 miles There is a loud rapping sound coming from the engine rocker assembly orders. 10,988 Five months after purchase the dealer has replaced the replaced rocker shafts on both sides, rapping noise still there. 11,764 miles the engine has an oil leak from previous repair. 15,234 Seven months after purchase the right side cylinder head assembly was replaced, the rapping noise is still there. 23,940 Transmission fluid leaking solenoid connector and o-ring replaced, Right front tire cupping - top radiator hose collapsed, engine noise still present and tapping."

charger

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I have had brake problems with this car starting at 179 miles. I now have 2400 miles on the car. Every week the car is in the shop with brake problems. I have not skipped a week with brake problems. The dealership can not figure out the problem. Also I will not drive the car over 15 miles I'm afraid the brakes will go."