2008 Dodge Charger

Based on 787 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

An excellent,well built four door hot rod!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, descent price, excellent seats"

Cons: "no cooled seats! Needs better OEM tires."

"This car in the SRT trim, is awesome on the highway, very fast and a very good looking car all around. The interior is very clean. The driver,and passanger seats in the SRT are by far the best performance seats I've been in for quite some time. The seats in the SRT are far superior than the new 2012 CTS-V and the 2012 Comaro's by far. Ive driven alot of sporty sedans, and for the price, this car is no slouch...A true performance sedan.This car does not mind being thrown around on road course tracks at all. The factory Goodyear tires leave little to be desired.The Brembo brake package works well for such a big car. Trully, a fun to drive big fullsize sedan."

Awesome! Dodge got it right

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "All"

"Was the first kid on the block to get the new Charger when reintroduced in the fall of 2005. R/T with Road and Track package and it is the best car I have ever owned (and I have had many)!! A great blend of size, performance and practicality, truly a "muscle sedan". Although there was a lot of contention making it a four door, that was the smart move."

Hemi is the way to go, Fun to drive

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "HEMI worth the money"

Cons: "V6 not much power"

"The Hemi is worth the extra to buy. Gas mileage isn't much of a difference between V6 & V8, so you will be very happy with it. I had the SXT and it was nice, got attention, but not much power. I upgraded to the Hemi and it was the best decision I made. I am so happy with the Charger R/T and I will not sell this one and I will keep it until it doesn't go anymore. I have to say the car is AWESOME!!!!"

Sporty

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"The Charger is not a bad vehicle but in the 06 year there was a lot that nneded improvement , however all the faults were fixed on the 2010 charger. This is a very reliable vehicle and is fun to drive."

Amazing car! Reliable, fast, and comfortable!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, fast, and sporty"

Cons: "No cupholders in the back. Some plastic interior."

"I bought the car new and have never had a single problem with it. The car rides smooth, has comfortable seats, and is very fast. I love listening to music, especially soundtracks, and the speakers are crystal clear and play the bass well. I've never had engine trouble or problems with any part of the car. The trunk is very large, big enough to fit three large suitcases in comfortably. The only thing I wish was better was the plastic parts of the interior. The plastic scratches like all car plastics due and makes it look cheap. This car has been through a lot, however, as it gets driven from Missouri to Floria twice or more a year. It is an amazing car and I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a sporty, yet comfortable car! Very Reliable and amazing!"

Such a great car

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"I have had this car for 5 years now and only had one minor problem that was my fault ( i let a leak go for too long ). This car has been GREAT truly one of the best cars I have owned. I dont ever plan on getting rid of it. Im 6'3 and 295 LBS this car has so much room and rides so smooth. Great car and would tell anyone that is on the fence about buying one DO IT!!!!"

Solid value for american 4-door full size sedan

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "value, styling, reliability, power, ease of use"

Cons: "city fuel economy, interior"

Ready for action!

"What is bad: city mileage is awful compared to other cars in this class. Also, the interior is very basic. Most versions of this car seem to be a throwback to simple muscle car interior design: not many over-the-top gizmos and gadgets, but certainly loaded with the basics. What is good: pretty much everything else. good power, great look, excellent freeway mileage, very reliable, easy to drive overall and a fun own for sure. It is surprisingly nimble for a large 4-door, and has power when you need it, even with the lower-end V6 models. Heck, the HP produced in the V6 exceeds that of 80's corvettes, so there's that."

Ready for action!

Love my car!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive including great gas mileage"

Cons: "wheels are easily scratched"

"I have owned my car since 2009. I love the seats nd the placement of controls. Rides great, excellant factory sound system especially with the Sirus radio. The only issue I have had is the windsheild broke after a snow storm, which Alabama rarely sees. It was an expensive replacement around 300.00 dollars. With regular oil changes using Castrol SAE 30 she has been nothing short of amazing. Even the change between a built Corvette and my Charger was quite pleasant due to the severity of my back problems. The heated leather seats with the addition of lumbar support and electric seat placement controls, she is the best investment I have ever made. I paid a little too much for her, I am just now paying the principle, with no regrets! Try driving one and you will be hooked on the steering, handling, eye candy that is the 2008 Dodge Charger SXT."

Disappointed

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"10,358 miles There is a loud rapping sound coming from the engine rocker assembly orders. 10,988 Five months after purchase the dealer has replaced the replaced rocker shafts on both sides, rapping noise still there. 11,764 miles the engine has an oil leak from previous repair. 15,234 Seven months after purchase the right side cylinder head assembly was replaced, the rapping noise is still there. 23,940 Transmission fluid leaking solenoid connector and o-ring replaced, Right front tire cupping - top radiator hose collapsed, engine noise still present and tapping."

charger

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"I have had brake problems with this car starting at 179 miles. I now have 2400 miles on the car. Every week the car is in the shop with brake problems. I have not skipped a week with brake problems. The dealership can not figure out the problem. Also I will not drive the car over 15 miles I'm afraid the brakes will go."

174,000 Trouble-Free Miles!

By on Friday, May 22, 2015

Pros: "Fast, roomy, a looker, great highway gas mileage!"

Cons: "Wish it was louder. Sounds too docile for me."

Here it is. My black Hemi Charger.

"I bought this car in 2007 with 11,900 miles on it. It now is about ready to crack 175,000, and I'm supremely satisfied. The original brakes lasted to 145,000 miles. Even then, they didn't NEED to be replaced, I chose to replace them. The car has had the oil changed between 5 and 7,000 miles, other than that, it has had very little maintenance required, still has the original serpentine belt and plugs! Other than oil changes and front end (tie rod, tie rod ends) replacement - which is due more to rough American roads than it is poor design quality, this car is never in the shop. I can't wait to buy another one!"

Here it is. My black Hemi Charger.

This is the greatest car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Great car, great motor, fun to drive, great MPG"

Cons: "do not like position of cruse control"

"Bought this car new and have had almost no repairs. Very comfortable, lots of power and gets great gas mileage for the size of the motor. This is the best car I have ever had and have bought another Charger 2013."

Best One Yet!

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "Great car! Fun car and a great travel car."

Cons: "Dash vents have popped out, had to glue back in."

"I bought this car used and have had it for 2 years. I cannot see me ever driving another car. I love the stability, handling and speed of this vehicle. It is beautiful on the inside and the outside. The only thing I have ever had replaced was the battery. It is an amazing car!!"

Gives you grins every time you leave the house.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

"I bought this car new (2006 Daytona edition, Top Banana), expecting a cool car to drive for a few years till the next cool car came along. I've had this car for over 7 years now, and I have to say I'm in love with it. It's a solid and extremely reliable car. And of course it's performance is fantastic, which makes it so enjoyable, even though it's a huge 4 door car. People constantly ask me if its a new Mustang:-) ( which is sort of insulting :-)) but the beauty is that this giant 4 door car has the appearance and performance of a pony car, while having the practical advantage of being actually comfortable and useful :-). It's looks are mean and impressive on cruise night, and then I tomorrow I can take it to the Home Depot and load up with an entire weekend's project supplies, or take a load of people to the state fair in Cadillac'esqe comfort. Try that with your pony car :-D. I've had no significant repairs required since I've owned it. Heck, I still have the factory battery!, which is unheard of here in South Florida. (the heat kills batteries here, but being in the trunk must keep it out of the heat) My friend has leased three Nissans since I've had mine and has had to replace the battery before the lease is up in every one :-). The Michelins have been excellent, and last week I bought my second set. Most of my regular driving is short city trips, and I've only aligned the suspension when I replaced the tires, and they wear perfectly evenly for the entire 40k+ I've gotten with both sets. (My ex-wifes Volvo went through a set of tires every 15,000 miles and cost $1500 to replace!) The only parts that have failed are the plastic clips on the passenger AC vent and defroster vents , and a cooling fan motor (replaced under warranty) The car drives and handles superbly, the fully independent suspension on all 4 corners is fantastic, and the stability control is excellent if you get yourself in too deep :-). And when its switched off you get to experience the true raw power it's instilled with and drive it like a pony car. The hybrid locking differential is excellent and never fails to leave an even pair of tracks should you desire. (assuming stability control is off). The only reason I give it 9 instead of 10 in driving dynamics is the delay when manually shifting. It could benefit from more instantaneous shifting in manual mode, and D to R transition. (I think the newer models have improved this) My friend has a Lamborghini, and he said he had more fun riding in my car than he did in his Lambo'. I can't compare it to a Lambo', but it's a testament to the car and to the ability to drive a 4200 pound 4 door sedan with the guts and precision to impress a Lambo owner. Bottom line is that Dodge made a winner with this car and it's just plain to drive in every condition."

Great family car

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great price"

Cons: "gas mileage, no sunroof"

"When I bought this car I was deciding between this car and a Chevrolet Camaro. In the end my more practical side won out, though this car isn't great on gas mileage it is certainly better than the Jeep Wrangler I had been driving around, and on a road trip I often average 26-28 mpg. This car is very roomy, at six feet tall I can say that with the driver's seat all the way back I can comfortably sit in the seat behind the driver's seat, without my knees touching the chair. The car has a great feel, very smooth ride, and it has power when you need it. Overall this is the most comfortable car I have owned, and it is both practical for a family with the ability to put at least two car seats in the back, and it is a joy to drive."

It's a keeper (0-60 in low 5's)

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Full Size car but it's a luxury muscle car too"

Cons: "there really are none"

"I planned on only keeping this car for a few years. Considering that the 2009's come with a standard LIFE TIME WARRANTY on the powertrain (included for free w/ Chrysler, no joke - if it blows up they replace it)and my payoff almost done I have considered trading it but have to ask myself why the heck I would give this up! Great car!!! Yeah, that's why you won't see a lot of 2009s w/ the up'd HP to 268 for sale I guess."

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fast, Comfortable"

Cons: "Bad Mpg, Inside not designed well"

"I love this car! I have a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with the 5.7L Hemi and I love it. I bought it with 62k miles and now i have over 117k and every mile has a story! The car runs like new and has never showed me any issues. The interior could be better quality but im not complaining. Best 4 door muscle car you can own! I prefer this over the Mustang, gto, and challenger any day!"

Totally awesome car, best investment!

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "great car all around."

Cons: "wish it were all wheel drive.."

"I absolutely love,love, love my car..."

Great car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Fast and roomy"

Cons: "No spare tire"

"The SRT Charger is one of the best cars Dodge has built yet. The power is great and it looks the part, a real head turner. Handles well for it's size and stops on a dime with big brembo brakes. I can fit the whole family and load up the trunk and still have room to spare. I couldn't imagine driving a honda or toyota for the same money when I am behind the wheel of this beast and they are in the mirror, a spec in the mirror at that."

Love it...for the most part

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "beautiful and user friendly...great options on my R/T Plus"

Cons: "system upgrades and 'bugs'"

"My first NEW Dodge. The only thing that I do not like about it is now it is starting to give me EVIC messages that are 'new' to the dealer, ie...Service Keyless System, and it has lost a great deal of power and gas milage. I love it, but I am ready to trade it off for something with fewer 'bugs'."

it was reliable, comfortable for 5' 11' person

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"This car has been very reliable for the 107,00o Miles I have owned and enjoyed the car. Overall very satisfied. I had two main issues at 75,000. Front suspension needed some work and I had quirky issue with hot air blowing in cabin when Air conditioner was off as if a air from the warmed engine department fed the ducts to the cabin of the car. Car gets many compliments for styling, and though I took the smallest engine package I please to report it has never left me wonder when is the power going to kick in."

Saved my life

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I bought my 2008 Charger brand new in '08. I loved everything about it! It always got MANY looks and many compliments! One day, while driving my 18 month old twins home, a guy ran a stop sign and I hit him going 55 MPH. The air bags deployed as they were supposed to and all the doors still worked, so we were able to get out of the car safely. I was very impressed with how the car handled in the accident. It could have buckled the whole car in and instead, the front end took all the impact and in the end saved mine and my children’s lives. So thankful for that car, I will be replacing it with another Charger!"

Gas hog

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Overall, the car has been decent. A few minor mechanical issues (AC going out in 100+ degree weather due to a computer issue, Humming noise that service department cannot figure out), and the fact that the more it is driven the progressively worse the gas mileage gets. I do love the car and enjoy driving it!"

Fastest Car I Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"My SRT8 Charger is the fastest car I have ever owned. Excellent body design. Always turning heads. Comfortable ride for a sports suspension. Horrible in the winter, infact I have owned 13 new vehicles in my life and this is absolutely the worst handling in winter conditions. The brakes squeak and Dodge will not correct it. From day one, at times when I start the car, blue smoke comes out of the tailpipes and Dodge will not correct the problem. Some things are great about this vehicle and some are not, but I just wanted everyone to know the truth. Rattles and dashboard squeaks. Had to replace the tires after one year! Not from burning rubber, but from misalignments from Dodge when received. Word of caution; If you should get caught in a bad snow storm, need to travel and are on a highway, wait for a semi-truck and stay in his tracks. It helps and just may save your life. Believe me, I had to do this on I-90 in PA. Did I make a mistake with buying this car? NO! I still enjoy it, but you just need to be carefull in the winter. The other problems I mentioned, oh well. What can I do but put up with it or spend money to relieve them. I think I'll just enjoy it and sell it after 3 years like all the other vehicles. I'm thinking about purchasing the new Challenger! Why not? Have fun and enjoy life! Good luck to all interested in the SRT8 Charger and enjoy!"

Love My Charger, Very Safe

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"I have the Dodge Charger R/T and I love it. Not only does it have power and style but it is very safe. I was rear ended; I was stopped and was hit by a person going 50 MPH. Their car was totaled. My charger only lost it's plastic bumper. No one was hurt, but everyone that saw the accident couldn't believe how safe the car was. Thanks Chrysler for making such a safe car!"