2008 Dodge Charger

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

An honest review

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I have a 2006 Daytona Charger. I like the cars looks and performance mostly. It is a very practical car in that it has a lot of interior space (it's a sedan afterall) and it has very good trunk space as well. The few cons I've come to notice as I have owned one for almost 2 years now is that I've had several pretty big ticket breakdowns that I hae been fortunate to be under there short 30,000 mile warranty. I worry what might happen when my warranty expires in another 1,000 miles. I don't care for the delay in going from neutral to drive when backing up. It seems to be a very long delay. Gas mileage when feathering it in everyday driving and I do mean FEATHERING it you can get 17mpg by the end of your tank. Once last gripe is that the side door trim that tuns parrallel has lost it's paint/luster EARLY on in it's life. I think this is due to the fact that it was plastic that was painted which caused it to age prematurely. But, Overall I do like the vehicle and believe it has a lot of value for the money. it has more acceleration than I can use legally but it s alwys great to know it is there when you need it."

yessir

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"i just bought the dark titanium 2.7 v6 in october and i love love this car the only thing that i dont like is the irs but this is my second 2.7 and i love them if you use synthetic oil you will have no problems and as for the rwd without traction controll im super impressed it does really well up here in north western montana go out and test drive one you get alot of bang for your buck"

Great Car for big guys!

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I am 6'4" and love this car. I used to drive a little Nissan Altima and then went to a Ford Expedition. When fuel prices were up the roof, i decided to trade in for the Dodge Charger. I was pretty hesitant at first because i was used to the space the Expedition offered. To my surprise, the Charger is VERY spacious and i get compliments on the car all the time. It runs great and haven't had any problems with it. The gas mileage is good. Would recommend if you are a taller person looking for a comfortable ride."

Amazing Car

By on Friday, November 07, 2008

"This car is fast, comfortable, stylish, and I get comments on it almost every day. I bought it new and have had zero problems so far. I would definitely buy another one. The values on KBB are much lower than what I have seen them selling for used."

I Love it

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"My wife and I wanted a big car that was easy on the gas (ours has 2.7 v6) we get 23 around town and 32 on the highway. It has more room in the backseat than our 2001 Dodge Durango (which we also love). Buy this car you will love it."

The Best Car I've Owned!!!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Wow, I'm not sure where to start on this one! I picked up this 2006 Dodge Charger on ebay with 30k, it's black and I bought it used for $16,543 to be exact, plus tax and shipping of course! It has the 3.5L and the dealers out here have them used for $20,995, I tried bargaining but the lowest I could get them down to was $18.700 and that was just on the smaller 2.7L engine so I walked! I've had the car for a month now and I couldn't be more impressed! My last car was a BMW and before that I had a Mercedes C-Class! What a difference the Charger has been!!! It just seems so much smoother and everyone that rides in it compliments it's ride!!! The body is Ultra Nice and it looks so mean from the front!!! I truly love everything about my Charger, in fact I've never found a car more enjoyable to drive than this one! You can buy one of these Brand New for about $25,000, you're really getting a lot of car for the money! As far as value, this car is definately on the top of my list! I've already put just over 4000 miles on it in a month but I did take it on a road trip! I would change absolutely nothing on this car, it has completely exceeded my expectations! If you're considering this car, do not even hesitate to buy one! Another nice thing is I'm 6'3" and I am so comfortable in the car! I love driving this car every chance I get! The ride and the power are just perfect! I bought the 3.5L High Output V6, it's been good on gas and I hear it runs so much better than the smaller 2.7L V6! I was going to get the Hemi but it was much more to buy plus I imagine it will use a lot more gas! The 3.5L High Output is really a nice pick!!! I definately recommend this car!!!"

Love this car!

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"This car has amazing pickup and speed. I traded in my CTS and am much more please with my new Charger. Handles better, goes over bumps better, drives like a dream. I have the V8 Hemi, RT."

Moonroof Woes but great car!

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"I bought my Charger with only 19000 miles on it and I absoulutely love it! I have had it about 1 and 1/2 years and the biggest problem I have had with it is the moon roof. It made small noises when I bought the car but only on my driveway which is gravel so I figured it's not that bad. Well, then it started squeaking. Not just little noise anymore. You could be driving slow down a perfectly flat and paved road and it would squeak. I took it to the dealership and they said they put some pieces in to fix it but it would take a while to loosen up. Fifteen hundred miles later it still had not stopped squeaking. I went out to start it one morning and it was completely dead. I called the dealership and they came and took it in on a rollback. Turned out to be a dead battery cell that caused it to die but while it was there waiting for the battery I told them to fix that moon roof. Well, they finally did! They had to take it apart and tighten the frame around it. It was squeaking because it was moving. But, it's been a couple of months now and no noise. I just hope it lasts. There were lots of stories about this on the Dodge Charger sites I read. So, if you're buying an '06 I recommend getting one without the moon roof or at least knowing what you're getting into. I think they fixed the problem after all the trouble they had with the first ones. But, I really love this car better than anything I have ever owned! Thanks!"

stylin' family car

By on Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I just purchased this car after searching for something to replace my Durango. I have been drooling over these cars since I first saw them on television. I have 2 children so I needed the space to haul them..boy does this car have it..and then some! Prior to my Durango I had Mustang and the Charger is as much fun to drive as the 'stang was. I get looks and comliments everywhere I go and I love it. The front seats are as roomy as the rear. My boss is 6'5 and 250# and he fits right in and is very comfy. I highly recommend this car for the soccer mom who was / is a motor head, muscle car lover"

sporty

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Very nice car great ride good for older men and woman, makes you feel young again, and its not like everyone has it...."

Smoking Cool

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"They don't come any better. 6.1 L Hemi power with all the technology that you could want. A muscle car on techno-steroids. Great ride except on potholes, and a feeling of safety and security at any speed. Head turner anywhere it goes, and it sounds great at any speed or RPM. Can't get enough of riding time in it, but knowing the value that is 10 years out I fell guilty just riding around. Great sound from the speakers and the big sub-woofer, but the best sound is turning it all off and listening to the Hemi do its thing! Outside mirrors whistle at speed so you'll need to find a way to fix that, but under 60 its no sweat. Interior is spartan for today's upscale cars, but it is actually upscale for a muscle car, and very functional. Easy to keep clean as well. The car feels heavy and long until you goose the pedal and it literally flys if that's your choice, or just cruises sedately and looks nothing but cool! Huge trunk that I'll never use, and plenty of storage I'll never use as well. I should just go and buy a regular SRT-8 and use that as a daily driver and just pamper the Super Bee until it reaches 10 or so, and then see what it's worth with less than 5000 miles on it!"

Nice ride

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"I wasn't in the market for a Dodge, having been a loyal Mustang owner for over 19 yrs. I made the move to Dodge for the cargo space. Mustang did away with the hatchback. I love the cargo space, the ride is smooth. And power? Leaves them all in the dust. I miss having a clutch, more fun to play with and easier on the brakes when vacationing in the mountains. I have had several electrical problems, some recurrent. It is a nuisance to have to constantly return with the same or same types of problems. I like the looks of the car from front and side, the rear, not so much. It looks and feels like a "family sedan" at least till you put pedal to the metal. Newer Chargers with the spoilers are a sportier look. I like the car well enough, though it was bigger than I wanted. But hey, it is rear wheeel drive! Will I get 150,000+ miles to 232,000 miles on this cars tranny? I get a gut feeling of "No". My ponies made the distance. If Mustangs come back with a hatchback and keep the rear wheel drive---I will dump the Charger in a heartbeat."

Awesome Ride

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"My wife and I have owned a 3.5L HO Charger for a few months now. Besides driving it back and forth to work (which we are at the point of flipping a coin to see who gets to take it the next day) the nightly cruise, we have taken the Charger on vacation. Excellent ride going down the highway (was doing 75 and it felt like 55) and zipping around town. I have read negatives about the "blind spot"... but it isn't bad. And all of the people who are knocking it because it is a 4 door...... so what! No complaints about the car.... actually thinking about purchasing another and having his and hers!"

Best American Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"In my opinion the 2007 Dodge Charger is the best looking American 4-door sedan ever built. It is also powerful and comfortable. I am 6'6"" tall and with the 2-way adjustable steering wheel plus the rare fully adjustable driver's seat I have never been so comfortable while driving any other vehicle. The last American vehicle I owned and liked was a 1966 Chrysler Newport. I highly recommend the Charger and expect to remain a Chrysler buyer in the future."

I like how it handles on the road

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

"everything about the car I like and it even has adjustable gas and brake peddles."

Dodge did it right

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Engine, roomy, large trunk, decent MPG"

Cons: "I'll get back to you"

"Ive been a Chevy fan all my life but when I saw this Dodge Charger, I just had to have it. I bought this new and still have it 7 years later. It still hauls butt and I now use with two car seats in the back for the kids. It has been super reliable. I still have the original brakes and battery. I have yet to replace anything on it and still idles nice and quiet. Highly recommend this vehicle as a daily driver or even as your family car. Great car!"

I...Love...This...Car!!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Didnt have a spoiler :("

"It drives so smooth and quiet. With 2 kids, they have plenty of room in the back seat. Funny, that people assume its a guys ride and here I am 5 foot nothing getting out of this beautiful car!! Lol, its pretty awesome! Love the leather seat warmers and easy cleaning interior. "Very important". Great trunk space and plenty of storage space in the front as well. As a former Ford and Toyota owner.. I'm officially a Dodge Girl!"

Fun Car to own.

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "All around awesome ride, for a guy or a family guy"

Cons: "Sucks up the gas."

"The Charger is a fun car to own, well you need the Hemi at least. I owned the 3.5 6 cylinder and it was okay but I wanted to add so many things i ended up buying a new 2010 R/T Charger. It is a fun car to drive and is very comfortable. The regular R/T doesn't have a lot of options but it was suited well for me. I still upgraded some things. The worst part of the car is it sucks up gas even with ECO, but it's a Hemi and it was made to cruise and i do. I wish I had purchased the all wheel for the snow but that's about it. A few problems initially but minor in detail. just make sure you find a good dealer to go to."

good investment LOVE IT SO FAR..

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "POWERFUL ENGINE FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "BRAKING SYSTEM SEEMS TO LOCK UP ON BUMPY SURFACES."

"Sxt runs great handles great and fun to drive. love the inside, fully loaded leather /dvd/cd/nav/uconnect.. good highway gas mileage /city gas mileage not so good"

Excellent reliability and value

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "fun, reliable, roomy"

Cons: "a few blind spots"

"We bought ours brand new in 2006, and it has been great!!! We have done virtually nothing to it other than fluid changes and brakes. It even still gets great gas mileage. Overall, a great car!"

Love it, 09 SXT.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "customizable, power, roomy"

Cons: "gas mileage, wish I would have gotten an srt8"

"It's quick, fun to drive, comfortable, and sexy"

I LOVE MY CHARGER!!!!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive! SAFE!!!"

Cons: "Higher off the ground for better view"

"My Charger, BB, [Black Beauty] delivers a strong, fun, safe, SMOOTH ride! The Serius Radio, tinted windows, custom Black with red piping leather seats complete this "svelt" mode of transportation!"

awsome car, I recomend this car to a lot of people

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and a real new day Muscle car."

Cons: "Needs to be all wheel drive. Sucks in the snow."

"Over all this car is one of the best vehicles that I have ever owned. It is comfortable, gets good gas mileage(32mpg highway on 2.7l v6), and it looks like a car of its own, not a everyday clone that you see everyone driving. It has been ultra reliable and just all in all fun. The only thing I can say I wish it had was the all wheel drive because it is a lead sled in the snow being two wheel drive in the rear. I love my Dodge."

its a great car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "lot of comments"

Cons: "gas milage not as listed"

"i bought this car in 2006 and it has been a great car. maintenance went well, the only problem this car had was it got hit once but it was repaired and you cannot tell. i would recommend this car to anyone who needs a car for both family and entertaining."

Love it and will never sell it.

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, Looks, Handling, Comfort"

Cons: "None so far"

"Dodge Charger RT Daytona Top Banana, what more do I have to say. The only thing better would be a SuperBee"