2006 Dodge Charger

Based on 797 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Fastest Car I Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"My SRT8 Charger is the fastest car I have ever owned. Excellent body design. Always turning heads. Comfortable ride for a sports suspension. Horrible in the winter, infact I have owned 13 new vehicles in my life and this is absolutely the worst handling in winter conditions. The brakes squeak and Dodge will not correct it. From day one, at times when I start the car, blue smoke comes out of the tailpipes and Dodge will not correct the problem. Some things are great about this vehicle and some are not, but I just wanted everyone to know the truth. Rattles and dashboard squeaks. Had to replace the tires after one year! Not from burning rubber, but from misalignments from Dodge when received. Word of caution; If you should get caught in a bad snow storm, need to travel and are on a highway, wait for a semi-truck and stay in his tracks. It helps and just may save your life. Believe me, I had to do this on I-90 in PA. Did I make a mistake with buying this car? NO! I still enjoy it, but you just need to be carefull in the winter. The other problems I mentioned, oh well. What can I do but put up with it or spend money to relieve them. I think I'll just enjoy it and sell it after 3 years like all the other vehicles. I'm thinking about purchasing the new Challenger! Why not? Have fun and enjoy life! Good luck to all interested in the SRT8 Charger and enjoy!"

Love My Charger, Very Safe

By on Thursday, July 05, 2007

"I have the Dodge Charger R/T and I love it. Not only does it have power and style but it is very safe. I was rear ended; I was stopped and was hit by a person going 50 MPH. Their car was totaled. My charger only lost it's plastic bumper. No one was hurt, but everyone that saw the accident couldn't believe how safe the car was. Thanks Chrysler for making such a safe car!"

Best car I have ever owned! (Out of 14 cars total)

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, stylish, head turner."

Cons: "No rear Cup holders"

"Absolutely love every aspect of this car. 10 Points to Dodge."

Amazing underated Car

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and the price is right."

Cons: "Small blind spot to get used to"

"This car has been nothing short of amazing to me! If I had listened to all the so so reviews I would have never bought it. I'm over 70,000 miles and haven't done anything but change the oil, brakes, tires and a minor repair. Plenty of horsepower for a 6 cylinder. Plenty of storage space in trunk and I've hardly had to use the fold down seats for my trade. Trips to Vegas from LA are a breeze keeping up with the flow of traffic with plenty of extra power when I need it. Totally happy this American car is back in the picture! It doesn't surprise me that the Highway Patrol is now using Chargers."

Solid quality car. Superior for space and comfort

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, power, braking, drives sporty."

Cons: "Wish it was available in standard."

"I wanted a sporty sedan with some power in the V6 class. After testing all the cars in this category some things i liked were rear wheel drive better performance and power. In the sedan category it seemed to have the most power as well, handed much better than all others, the auto-stick worked much better after i had it tuned. I brought the Charger in for a part change and they told me there was a turner upgrade for $90, so i had it done. The whole transmission performed much better, it shifted much later overall power was improved i don't know why but it performed so much better."

What a hot rod WOW

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "hot rod"

Cons: "The RT has too much power"

"Although it wasn’t designed for snow it has too much power for it. I would get AWD if I had a do over."

A very good, reliable car. great in the snow.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun to drive and economical"

Cons: "lack of an available manual transmission."

"This is a very good, dependable car and it gets decent mileage for a full-size car. We had several severe snow storms a year ago and this car never caused me any concern. It handled very well in the conditions. This car has a lot of interior room for my family of five."

I Love this Car, but could have been built better

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking, Nice Pickup"

Cons: "Noisy"

"My car tends to be noisy, when it's cold I notice turning the steering wheel it makes a noise, the windows sometimes make noise, plastic on the side of my seat was broken off when bought (2nd buyer)And my brakes squeal when I replaced all the pads"

I love this car!!!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This car runs awesome!!! It has a lot of pick up when you step on the gas. It is comfortable, the windows in the backseat roll down all the way, and the trunk is huge!!"

A Good Starter Vehicle

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, great for road trips"

Cons: "Lots of maintenance,"

The pink piece on the right is what breaks from normal wear and tear.

"Similar to a starter house, this car is a good "first car" if you have teens or a small family. It is nice and roomy and everyone compliments me on how comfortable it is. It rides very smooth like a luxury car, but it still has some get-up-and-go like a sports car. I bought this car used in 2008, and in 2011, several different things required maintenance. The a/c went out, I had to buy new tires, and the interlock latch broke in the shifter. The interlock latch was the hardest to fix because we had to do it ourselves. If you plan on buying this car, be SURE TO ASK if this part has been fixed or replaced. If the plastic piece has not been replaced by a stronger aluminum piece, then the shifter will break one day when you least expect it. All in all, it is a good reliable car now, but I can tell that Dodge makes their cars with cheap plastic parts, and I won't be buying another one."

The pink piece on the right is what breaks from normal wear and tear.