2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,474 - $26,589.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Chrysler did their homework

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Fast, smooth, roomy and a blast to drive"

Cons: "Dash above glove box sinks where the air bag is,"

"This car is one of the most amazing american cars to drive. We took this beast to Bar Harbor Maine from KC and it got 25.6 MPG on the hiway. That is excellent for a 2 ton 430 horsepower car. Fast, comfortable, shifts smooth with close ratio's. No wind buffeting, great view out the glass. Some people say the interior is cheap looking but the Camaro is far cheaper looking on the inside. The Mustang I can't even fit in and I'm only 6'1" at 220lbs. Absolutely sticks to the road and I mean it stops when you want it to. The performance gauges are fun to play with (1/8th mile, 1/4 mile times and so forth). The sound system is to die for with the Bostons and Kicker sub. Hard drive to download over 3000 songs and watch a DVD. Bluetooth also. The Navigation system also dials the phone for you when you are looking for hotels, restuarants in cities you have never been to."

Turns Heads! Love the looks

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "More room,comfort and not like anything else!"

Cons: "No easy rear passenger access from driver side."

"I purchased this car after driving the Camaro too. I absolutely love the exterior of both. What sold me was the interior.. I just couldn't get pass the "transformer" feel of the Camaro. Then I got into the Challenger with hand stitched leather with heated seats. I found the U-Connect system easy to navigate. My model included Navigation and Homelink systems, equally set up in minutes. It's roomy inside and the pin lights located above the door handles and in ceiling above headrests are a cool feature. I chose the Rallye over the RT, I get 305 HP when I want it as well as fuel economy for everyday driving. I just drove it in snow for the first time and the computerized stability and traction control work great! Just lighten up on take off or you just might find yourself in an unexpected doughnut. Ok! It was on purpose I couldn't help myself. For tall or big guys you will find yourself way enjoying driving this car ."

Great car, be careful with post-warranty quality

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, exterior look, top end speed"

Cons: "Slightly above average acceleration, lifter issues"

"I bought this car with 37k miles on it. Beautiful red color, amazing interior design with 2-tone leather seats, room in the back for passengers. Interior buttons, dials and gauges are a bit unimpressive, more could be done here. I have the SE V-6, gas mileage is solid, gas tank is big for a coupe, 20 gallons. I have put a brand new Flowmaster Cat-Back dual-pipe exhaust kit on it to give it more flair and muscle, sounds amazing. However, the car has valve lifter issues, like many makes and models that have this SOHC V-6 engine. 3 valve lifters needed replacing right away upon purchase. Could be signs that the car was driven pretty rough before I got it, or could be coincidence. Knocking, tapping, flutter, etc. goes with cadence of the engine, so there is not a point where it is quiet. My advice is buy the car, it's amazing, but be aware that it is a sharp, fast looking car that previous owners may have driven like an idiot. Aside, from that, the handling is outstanding, the acceleration is decent and the top end speed is great. Fun car to drive. All this within a reasonable price."

A masterpiece.....

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"I am proud and happy owner of 2008 Dodge SRT 8 Challenger... It is a truly a awesome car...... Styling is more like 10 stars because Dodge nailed the old look and it much safer and more stable then the 70's ever were!!!!!! It is over a year old and it still stops traffic and causes near accidents on the road!!!!!!! On the road I get between 20-22 mph. Not a hybrid but for 4100 lbs racing car not bad either!!!! On the whole for the performace,style,safety and load carrying (it can hold 4 people good,plus a good load of suitcases). Challenger SRT 8 is hard to beat...... SRT 8 can be a better buy then a loaded Challenger RT,because the SRT has the Brimo Brakes which the RT does not... Brimo do a awesome job of stoping the car!"

awesome car

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I have owned my 09 r/t for about a month now and I love it. I think that the r/t is a much better value then the srt/8 performance is about the same but there is a hugh difference in pricing. I think the overall performance of this car is great and I am averaging around 22 mpg with city/hwy driving, Plus the r/t gets a lifetime drivetrain warrenty and the srt dosen't. If you get are thinking of getting one it is well worth it. I would say you need to read blogs on the challenger to be sure you understand all the goodies it offers. there are only two things I don't care for one the exhaust is not aggreasive enough for me and the other is the automatic which i prefer is a little sluggish when it shifts and and it is hard to get use to, although I am considering getting an aftermarket tuner to tighten up the firmness. overall I love it and they are great to drive and a real head turner...brilliant black pearl crystal !"