2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,786 - $24,831.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best car ever!!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

"This car is a trip back in time with all the modern conviences! I love it! Super fast!! I'll keep it for ever!!"

has always been my dream vehilce

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, power is always there, confortable,"

Cons: "gas guzler tax, expensive maintenance"

"I love the cornering and the acceleration of this vehilce. It is a blast to drive on straight roads or on the winds of the mountain roads. climbs hills with no problems and gets actaully great gas millage for its power. Heated leather seats make it hard to get out of it and the sound system is great to have blasting away while weaving through traffic. Also great for long drives. I took my car cross country with my father and it is just a great ride all around. Love the manual transmission and although the mustang might take it off the line when hitting speeds of 120 plus the challenger does pull away and leaves the less atractive mustang behind."

Will be a collector car one day.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive."

Cons: "handles heavy on curves"

"The car drives extremely wellin a strait line but comes up a little short on curves or winding roads. This vehicle drives has more than enough in the way of power but does seem a little heavy off the line.The interior could use an upgrade but is not essential to the overall driving pleasure of the vehicle. This is truly a go fast car with off track manners and looks.I will be keeping mine till it is a collector car,which will happendue to it's retro design and feel. Great Great car..."

best of the retroes

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "great car for th price"

Cons: "one heck of a blind spot rear c pillar"

"bought the se v6. has plenty of power and good gas mileage. good handling and very comfortable and easy to drive."

Great car for what it is! Modern day muscle.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "Power and build quality"

Cons: "Weight"

"Higher quality than ford or chevy. This car is heavy but performs well when pushed hard I have had the pleasure ur running all day at thunder hill raceway with this model and it's very impressive American muscle. It's not a "sports" car. It's big,heavy,loud,and powerful. If that's what you want and expect you won't be disappointed. This car is really fun to drive with your foot in tit Enjoy!"

I love love love Love my car !!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Fun and safe to drive"

Cons: "Be careful about speeding no one want tickets..."

"Im so happy with my dream car! I get a lot of complements on it but i like the fact that i feel safe when im driving, this was a birthday present to myself, when i was looking for challengers i knew i want it white with black leather seats you dont see to many girls driving this type of car so i wasn't to sure but my brother help me decide."

Best New Car Around

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

"This is the most fun car that someone could ask for, it has tons of power, handles awesome, gets decent mileage for what it is, and just plain looks awesome. Would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone. Any Mopar guy will absolutely love this car as it looks so much like a 70 Challenger that it's unbelievable. Coolest Modern Muscle Car Available!!!!"

Great pony car. Fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks, Performance"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I bought the RT Plus model, 8 cylinder, Hemi black in April 2011. It is a rush to drive everyday!! I had both a camaro and a mustang in the past. The Dodge Challenger comes the closest to matching the retro 70's experience in both looks and performance. I drove a 2010 mustang, it's nice but the looks are bogus and there are a million of them on the road. Same thing with the camaro, it looks okay, not great and it's a wannabe. The Challenger looks fantastic, has more interior space and much more cargo space. Plus, you don't see one at every block."

Fun

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"I have 2010 Plum Crazy RT Classic. Ordered it without driving it. Surprised with overall quality and performance. Better than I ever expected. If I drive nice I can get 27 m.p.g. Mixed driving of speeding and speed limit 20-21 m.p.g. Handles great. Very comfortable. Can handle 4-5 passengers no problem. A real head turner. I love it."

awesome ride

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Decent mileage but who cares! Attention getter evertime I drive it! Comfortable on long trips. Excellent performance and fun to drive. Handles great and accelleration is strong and quick."

2008 SRT8 - Get in and hold on

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I really love this car - it's a head turner. I bought mine used with 1200 miles, saving over $11k in the process (due mainly to public demand and the subsequent dealer mark-up). I'm happy to see that since buying last July (2009) that I am still well in the black on this car. I have modded mine but maintained every little part (down to valve caps and bulbs) so that a future purist may easily return this numbered first edition car to factory stock. I agree with some of the reviews here that the Ram's heads do not belong on the car (made for the trucks IMHO) and I have replaced all mine with nostalgic Challenger logos (except for the steering wheel - haven't quite figured out how to get around that one with the airbag). The interior was kind of bland but (additional) carbon fiber and some well placed billet accents have brought it to life. The trunk is MASSIVE. The only negative things I could say about the car are: (1) The huge blind spot created by the large C pillars - I can deal with this though because I feel that the C pillars are necessary for that nostalgic look and you get used to it. (2) The body has minor factory blemishes that could've been worked out better. (3) Many of the mods I made should've been factory options or standard - this really isn't a bad thing as they make my car unique amongst 3rd gen Challengers. (4) Too many of these became trailer queens - get out and drive the car fools!! Other than that, Dodge has nailed it! You Camaro owners can continue to eat your hearts out! (I'd say the same for the Mustang but it is the only Ford I am fond of - remember, the Challenger and Camaro went away for many years, the Mustang simply evolved). I could go on forever but go test drive one, you'll see."

recouping of American

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"This car turns heads and makes grown men smile. Young children say wow! teen age boy turn freom their girlfriends to look at the ride! I am driving art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pretty Awesome

By on Friday, October 23, 2009

"First let me start of my saying that this car is a real eyecatcher. I ended up having to go with the automatic becauase my wife cannot get the manual down for the life of her. The R/T is quick off the line, easily passes other cars, and even handles well in the adverse weather we've had since I picked it up. The biggest problem I have found with this vehicle is the blind spots. You almost need to have a spotter constantly when you are backing up. You cannot see until you are well past halfway out of a parking spot. There isn't too much else that I would change."

By on Friday, October 09, 2009

"bought new 09 r/t with 6sp,just finished 4k trip and averaged 25.6 in mountains[yellowstone/tetons] lots of looks and pointing. owned old coronet rt,6 pac runner and tri power gto/way cooler machine and love the harddisc drive and nav screen. only saw 2 others on entire trip . stangs are pretty, but everyone has one ;camaro looks like smiley face."

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"Absolutely the Best Vehicle I have ever owned. It puts a smile on my face everytime I turn the key. Great looks, performance, and the best head turning ability of any car on the street. At 46yoa I just can't keep from smiling.! You will love this car ! Chrysler, thank you !"

The one I have been waiting for

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"This car is exactly what the muscle car public has been waiting for! It has the classic 70's styling and the performance to match. And what muscle car had a IRS. Granted it is big and bulky but that is what muscle cars were, and should be. They are not pony cars like the Mustang and Camaro, just pure power and comfort. I am a little bias because i just got my new R/T a week ago. I can't wait till spring to really open it up and see what it will do. But from what little time I have had behind the wheel it should be a blast. Just doing a burnout for no reason is just great. This car has endless power and will just keep pulling through the gears. It seems it has more than 375 horses."

Pedal down is Exhilarating

By on Monday, June 08, 2015

Pros: "Looks, Performance, Reliable"

Cons: "some interior features, clutch is a little squeaky"

"Love this car!! I wanted a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, but wife put the cab ash on that when she saw the Ford had literally no leg room in rear seats. We have two kids and because this is my daily driver we needed more room. THe Challenger gives adequate room for an adult and more than adequate room for children. It is the most fun car to drive, it turns heads, sounds great, and is very responsive. I drive it daily, and slap a set of Blizzaks on in the winter. I have lived in Chicago and Pennsylvania. 5-10 inches of snow is no problem. The manual transmission gives you control. I passed an AWD Subaru who couldn't get away from a stop sign in the winter. At the end of the day. I wouldn't trade this car if I had to."

Moderate value for high cost

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Look and handling are both nice. Comfortable ride"

Cons: "Poor craftsmanship, low quality materials"

"Original and only owner - experience with the vehicle has been mostly good until the last year and a half due to the air conditioning system's endurance (or lack thereof). From the posts I've seen online about other Dodge vehicles, the blend door actuator failure and door freezing in the heat/open position is common for a lot of the dual control (zoned) air conditioning systems. This is a single control system with the same problems. After only 36000 miles in 5 years (2 yrs and 22000 miles of which were highway only), the air conditioning system has completely leaked all freon twice and had the blend door stick in place once causing hot air to come out the passenger and rear vents while only cool, not cold, air blows from the driver side vents (currently being repaired). This is apparently a software issue Dodge has refused to recall and fix since 2007 or earlier. However, not only has the AC failed twice barely after the original warranty mileage expired, but the rubber seals around the inside of the hood have dry rotted and fallen off in that time as well. This is a garage kept vehicle. Sounds like poor quality materials and bad design to me. Hopefully the newer (2011 and up) models have been improved since the price has been jacked up so much since I purchased this one. If you buy one, good luck! And get rid of it before you hit the 5 year mark."

R/T Classic

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "outstanding vehicle"

Cons: "there are no cons"

"I love my car. I have done minor paint and decal upgrades. I have put a lot of chrome in the engine bay and have done several engine up grades. It not only looks outstanding, it sounds outstanding and will burn up the road. Every time I take it out I get numerous compliments on my R/T Classic. I have to admit that I become very aroused when driving this vehicle, I feel like I'm 18 again."

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "SHOW WINNER"

"2011 TOXIC ORANGE CHALLENGER RT LIKE NEW SHOW WINNER. COLD AIR INTAKE 22 INCH AMERICAN RACING WHEELS AND NEW GOOD YEAR SUPER CAR TIRES. MANY DRESS UP ITEMS UNDER THE HOOD. COMES WITH TRINITY TUNNER COMPUTER. NEVER SEEN WINTER. THE CAR IS A TEN INSIDE AND OUT. LOADED WITH ALL OPTIONS."

MY FIRST DODGE EVER. MOST AMAZING CAR I HAVE OWNE

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"I HAVE NEVER OWNED A DODGE BUT THE CHALLENGER CAME OUT AND I THOUGHT I HAD TO HAVE IT. I AM SO GLAD I DID. IT HAS NEVER HAD TO GO BACK TO THE DEALER EVER. HOWEVER, THERE IS A RECALL THAT JUST CAME OUT ON IT FOR THE TIMING COMPONENTS TO BE CHANGED. THIS KINDA SCARES ME BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE WRENCHING ON MY VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED THREE CORVETTES AND MANY OTHER MUSCLE CARS. NEVER HAVE I HAD ONE THAT I LOVED THIS MUCH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A CHALLENGER TO ANY AND ALL."

Absolutely love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "love driving it!!"

"Tons of horsepower. Awesome look. I always get thumbs up from other drivers."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Hard to see backing up"

"Have had it for a month now. Great acceleration, looks good. Glad I selected it"

The most awesome car in my 40 years of driving.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "looks, performance, features, brakes"

Cons: "windows move every time you open/close a door"

"My 2014 Challenger R/T is a great combination of looks, performance, features, and comfort. The retro exterior styling was a must for me. The performance was nearly a must and it does not disappoint. The modern features are wonderful. The car is very comfortable (and fun) to drive."

Great American Vehicle! (:

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Performance, MPG, Looks, Fun, Good Stereo"

Cons: "Visibility, Radio, Keyless access"

"I had the pleasure of renting this vehicle during a weekend vacation this past summer. This thing had plenty of get-up-and-go on the highway and got great MPG. It was a little hard to see out of, though. The car had the basic A/M-F/M-CD-MP3-Aux radio, but the standard stereo sounded good. The seats were comfortable, but somewhat firm. I got looks everywhere I went with the car. The car's keyless access system didn't work as well as it should have, and the push-button start button was missing (had to insert the remote and turn to the right to start it). If you're looking for a car that looks cool and that you can give up some comfort features ,then I'd recommend this car to you. Or at least it would be cool to have it for the weekend as a rental!"