• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,819 - $45,508.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I have had this car for one year almost and loved it. To me this was an ultimate retro car with a new car warranty. Very comfortable car and can be used for every day drive if needed."

Challenger R/T

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I have owned my R/T with the 6 speed manual for ~6 months and I love it. The only real complaint I have is the HUGE blind spot, which can make lane changes/merging interesting. The interior is a bit bland and plasticy, but confortable and everything is placed nicely. Mine has a plastic vibration at certain RPMs, but it is mild and only lasts a few hundred RPMs. It makes a nice garage mate for my 1971 Challenger. As a male in my late 30s, what I like best is I can drive it any way I want. If I want to beat on it, and make 5000 rpm shifts, it does it with flying colors. If I want to drive like I am 70, it does fine with that too. I can beat on it all day long and still get 15-16 mpg, or drive nice and get 25 mpg. It is amazing how many looks and questions I still get on the car. Great buy. I bought mine last October. Most dealers wanted MSRP or $4000-$6000 over MSRP. After shopping for a couple of months, I found what I wanted and got a great deal of $1300 under invoice. This was before all the automotive industry problems, so I am not sure what impact that will have on price or availabiltiy. If you can get one, I would do it while you can. As previously mentioned, the big reason I chose the R/T or the SRT8 is nearly identical performance for ~$5000-$10000 less and you get the factory life-time power train warranty and I was able to add life-time bumper to bumper warranty for about $2500. Neither is available with the SRT8 (not sure what good the warranty will be given the current state of Chrysler)."

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Love this Challenger

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"I finally found a dealer that would let me drive the 2009 Challenger. It was an R/T with the six-speed. What a great vehicle. It's a little heavy and the interior looks cheap but the exterior makes up for that. I didn't like the price either. An equipped R/T is close to the equipped price of a Corvette Coupe. Not sure the Challenger will hold value. I want to order a Hurst Edition ($19000 additional for Series II) but want a dealer who will sell for less than MSRP. I can't order a new vehicle now with the plant closed and Chrysler in trouble. I recommend looking at the 1970, 2008 and 2009 Challengers at Jay Leno's Garage. A new Challenger would go great with my '70 Challenger 440 R/T. I also own a Ram Quadcab with the hemi. Great performance and no problems except for the navigation and oversteer front suspension."

By on Friday, May 01, 2009