• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $41,156 - $42,827.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

awesome

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"I just broke her in and beleive me she really goes! Handles fantastic,accelerates great,throwing you back in the seat.23 mpg while cruising @ 65 mph, not bad for 425 horse power.Everyone looks at this car.draws a crowd when I stop for gas.I constantly get a thumbs up while driving. I always get compliments.Thank you DODGE ! It looks great next to my 73 Cuda."

hemi

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"The car has power, but disguised within a heavy shell. Seats are great.Engine great.I get almost 27 mpg on hwy. But 17 in city."

GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "The comfort is awesome, unlike a Mustang or Camero"

Cons: "None yet"

"Drives like a dream and has very good power. The ride is very comfortable."

A THRILL TO DRIVE!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Very fast, handles well. Thrill to drive w/HEMI"

Cons: "Skip shift feature...nuisance."

"I bought this car because I wanted a classic car, but since I am a female, classic cars require reliable mechanics. I don't know any and did not necessarily want a project car. The comfort of the drivers seat was important to me as well, because I have had 2 back surgeries. The 2013 Challenger met my needs. I have the R/T, 5.7 Hemi, 6 spd manual. This car is amazing to drive. There is nothing like the thrill of feeling all that power under your feet. The car performs well and is very fast! There is only one disappointing feature; the car automatically takes you from first gear to 4th when traveling at the exact speed - its suppose to save you mpg's but I find it annoying. IF you pause, you can continue to manually shift into 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. They do sell something called a skip shift eliminator for $30.00 - I may look into having that installed. It also downshifts from 5th to 4th when you actually want 6th gear. Again, if you pause for a few seconds, you can shift manually. This feature is not popular and a real nuisance. As you should be aware, this is NOT a winter car. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, it will slide on wet pavement (rain) - especially since it is a manual trans, so you need to take it easy. Living in Michigan - there are still plenty of dry days to enjoy this car. The overall styling of this car is really attractive. The back seat has room for adults but it really is a two person car. Mt granddaughter (4) calls it Noni's "Hot Rod" and always begs for rides in it, but honestly, it is NOT a kid car. It weighs 4200 pounds and it does perform like the 70-72 Muscle cars. I just turned 60 and this is a car that you can appreciate and enjoy driving. I resist the urge to RACE because I surely don't need any speeding tickets at my age. It is definitely a "bucket list" car."

Turns heads everywhere I go

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Good accelleration and corners fair."

Cons: "Blind spots in backing up."

"I had a Mazda Miata prior to this car. Bought it to get an automatic as I was having some leg issues. This car has been great. I have driven it on the hiway from Dallas to San Antonio, to Houston and up to Kansas City over the past year. Gets about 25-26 on the highway but only about 17 in town. My only complaint is the blind spots the car has in backing up. It is hard for me to turn around and so I have to really rely on mirrors."