2014 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,694 - $29,591.

10/6.9

9.3

Based on 340 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Blue collar hero.

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "The smile after starting it up."

Cons: "C-pillar blind spot"

"The first time you start it up, the inner child cant help but marvel as every pulse of the motor taunts you into mashing the throttle. You will want to drive this car every chance you get. The 5.7L HEMI with 6-speed manual is the way to go. Averaging 17-18mpg city. Have not done any highway driving yet, (sorry.) The updated steering and suspension make the car easy to drive with crisp turn in. Once you learn your sight-lines its easy to parallel park as well. Just be careful backing up, as the C-pillars do create large blind spots. The suspension is on the firm side and all the better for it as it tries to mask 4100lbs. The brakes work well and have a progressive feel that sends just enough feedback. The keyless enter-and-go takes some getting used to. U-Connect is only ok though. Ford Sync in my 2010 Mustang GT was more user friendly. The interior is plain and simple...meaning easy to use at (75mph) freeway speeds. The seats hold you in place and never feel tight. Would be great for long trips, unlike my 2011 VW GTI. The standard head unit is decent but would suggest the upgraded system if it fits your budget. Reason being it gives you more info at a glance and a more rich, fuller sound. The car has great fit and finish with a solid mechanical feel. Six years in production and it still turns heads. People will cruise next to you and stare. Kids ask you to rev the engine and do burnouts. Young and old generations admire the Challenger for good reason. Make no mistake, this is one of the best American cars you can buy."

Muscle Car Era is Here Again!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Awesome performance, retro styling and colors"

Cons: "Cup holders too prominent, heavy"

"This car has exceeded all my expectations. The styling is incredible, and there is no mistaking it for another car when you see it out on the road. I got the HEMI orange paint, and the car attracts attention and compliments whenever I take it out. The quality of the materials in the interior far exceeds that of the Mustang and Camaro. I looked at a Mustang before purchasing this car, and was disapointed with all the cheap plastic interior parts and the fact that the seam in the door handle pinched my fingers every time I got in and out. I paid about $5K more than I would have for the Mustang GT, but the SRT is really in the class of the Cobra, which would have cost an me additional $15K. The 6.1L HEMI has way more power than you can use in street driving, and the Goodyear F1s make the car feel like it's on rails in the corners. Definitely a great value for the price, compared to alternatives. I would say it's probably close base model Corvette, which is much more expensive. My only complaint is the prominence of the cupholders (they should have installed a cover for them when not in use). Personally, I don't believe cupholders have a place in a sports car and wish Dodge had not included them, but I guess I'm in the minority on that."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Best ride of your life. Not for the faint hearted."

Cons: "None, none, none."

"I just bought an SRT8 and it is the best car I have ever owned in any category. She is in lofty company with Benz AMG among other high performance and luxury cars I have owned in the last 20 years or so. The performance is absolutely breathtaking. You feel like laughing and crying at the same time. The comfort, features and ride are also first class. This is a luxury car with pure muscle. It is smooth at low speeds and heavy traffic. But open the throttle (make sure your heading is straight when you do!), and with a growl, this baby takes off into the horizon with ease. Makes a grown man giggle! Did I say I love this car already? Mine is Mopar Orange with black mat stripes and 22" mat black wheels. It is a head turner! Unless you are looking for fuel economy, in which case you should not be here anyway. Go buy a 0.8L VW and save the planet, lol."

Beautiful machine

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "Good value, responsive, gorgeous design, BIG trunk"

Cons: "Blind spots, minor electrical problems"

"I love this car. Sure, like any machine, he's got some minor little goofs, like some electrical problems (Dodge is notorious for electrical problems) but all in all, without sounding crazy, I'd want to be buried in this car. I love the responsiveness, the feel of the interior, the sound of the engine (I have performance upgrades). It's roomy in the cabin and the trunk is huge, I was able to move my possessions (not the big stuff), when I relocated to another city, in four trips! He's beautiful, gets compliments all the time. I'd highly and consistently recommend this vehicle to everyone!"

I'M IN LOVE!

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Price, performance, looks - she's got it all!"

Cons: "emblems not standard, 18 mpg avg., blind spots"

"I've always loved sporty cars, especially the old 70's barracuda. So when I saw this car, I fell in love. Mine is a black SE with Rallye package, and I added the challenger emblems on the front quarter-panels. They did a great job giving it the old time look. Even without the hemi, it has great pickup and performance. It's super comfortable, even on long trips. It does have some large blind spots, but you quickly learn to compensate for them. The trunk is huge! And people can actually sit in the back seat. Great sound system and a quiet ride. This car is not about gas mileage, it's about driving a car that makes you feel great! You'll get plenty of thumbs up from young and old as you drive on by. I've owned mine about 18 months, and no problems. It's a great car! Never selling this one!"

See if you qualify for