2011 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 380 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Superb styling, great value, fun to drive, fast

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Great price - $7400 below MSRP. Best car owned."

Cons: "Interior could be nicer, compared to 2015 models."

At car show, purple one on the right, next to cool '71 convertable Challenger.

"I've had my 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic in Plum Crazy Purple for almost two years. After adding a K&N filter kit and tuning it with a Diablo Sport inTune unit, it puts out 400 HP and 435 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 in under 5 seconds. It has the dark strips on the sides and the classic (Crager-style) wheels. I got it with all options except the top audio unit and the track pack. Everywhere I go people notice it, especially the color; it's phenomenal, probably the best color Chrysler has come up with. I've taken it to car shows with outstanding comments by people of all ages, men and women alike. Driving it is an unbelievable blast! I've wanted to get the '70 or '71 model when they came out but I was working my way through college with three kids and could afford one. When the new models came out in '08, I made up my mind to get one and finally my wife said in 2013, "Get one." If you want the best muscle/pony car you can get, forget the Camaro or Mustang -they're too ubiquitous, get the Challenger!"

At car show, purple one on the right, next to cool '71 convertable Challenger.

A THRILL TO DRIVE!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Very fast, handles well. Thrill to drive w/HEMI"

Cons: "Skip shift feature...nuisance."

"I bought this car because I wanted a classic car, but since I am a female, classic cars require reliable mechanics. I don't know any and did not necessarily want a project car. The comfort of the drivers seat was important to me as well, because I have had 2 back surgeries. The 2013 Challenger met my needs. I have the R/T, 5.7 Hemi, 6 spd manual. This car is amazing to drive. There is nothing like the thrill of feeling all that power under your feet. The car performs well and is very fast! There is only one disappointing feature; the car automatically takes you from first gear to 4th when traveling at the exact speed - its suppose to save you mpg's but I find it annoying. IF you pause, you can continue to manually shift into 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. They do sell something called a skip shift eliminator for $30.00 - I may look into having that installed. It also downshifts from 5th to 4th when you actually want 6th gear. Again, if you pause for a few seconds, you can shift manually. This feature is not popular and a real nuisance. As you should be aware, this is NOT a winter car. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, it will slide on wet pavement (rain) - especially since it is a manual trans, so you need to take it easy. Living in Michigan - there are still plenty of dry days to enjoy this car. The overall styling of this car is really attractive. The back seat has room for adults but it really is a two person car. Mt granddaughter (4) calls it Noni's "Hot Rod" and always begs for rides in it, but honestly, it is NOT a kid car. It weighs 4200 pounds and it does perform like the 70-72 Muscle cars. I just turned 60 and this is a car that you can appreciate and enjoy driving. I resist the urge to RACE because I surely don't need any speeding tickets at my age. It is definitely a "bucket list" car."

My weekend Bad Boy

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Has eveything I neede and wanted in a car"

Cons: "A little heavy on the weight"

"I drive this car usually on nice days, never rain or snow etc. It still has the power, the smooth ride, easy shifting, and comfort as it did when it was on the showroom floor. My challenger is dubbed "Mopar'd" I dont see very many like it, and ofcourse I always get the looks and compliments. From day 1 this car was amazing. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the fact that I got a limited edition type of styling, hence the above mentioned name. Overall I drive normal in it as to not lose control and possibly wreck it. Its always covered and garaged. Mostly this is my investment and so far its still worth more than I owe, yet a little less than what I paid. If you want a nice retro car that is fast enough and looks better than most this is the perfect choice."

Most Fun car I've driven

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Endless power, good handling, supportive seats"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"Every time i drive this car I can't help but smile. A true revival and modernization of the Muscle Car!"

Chrysler did their homework

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Fast, smooth, roomy and a blast to drive"

Cons: "Dash above glove box sinks where the air bag is,"

"This car is one of the most amazing american cars to drive. We took this beast to Bar Harbor Maine from KC and it got 25.6 MPG on the hiway. That is excellent for a 2 ton 430 horsepower car. Fast, comfortable, shifts smooth with close ratio's. No wind buffeting, great view out the glass. Some people say the interior is cheap looking but the Camaro is far cheaper looking on the inside. The Mustang I can't even fit in and I'm only 6'1" at 220lbs. Absolutely sticks to the road and I mean it stops when you want it to. The performance gauges are fun to play with (1/8th mile, 1/4 mile times and so forth). The sound system is to die for with the Bostons and Kicker sub. Hard drive to download over 3000 songs and watch a DVD. Bluetooth also. The Navigation system also dials the phone for you when you are looking for hotels, restuarants in cities you have never been to."