2011 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 394 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best New Car Around

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

"This is the most fun car that someone could ask for, it has tons of power, handles awesome, gets decent mileage for what it is, and just plain looks awesome. Would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone. Any Mopar guy will absolutely love this car as it looks so much like a 70 Challenger that it's unbelievable. Coolest Modern Muscle Car Available!!!!"

Great pony car. Fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks, Performance"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I bought the RT Plus model, 8 cylinder, Hemi black in April 2011. It is a rush to drive everyday!! I had both a camaro and a mustang in the past. The Dodge Challenger comes the closest to matching the retro 70's experience in both looks and performance. I drove a 2010 mustang, it's nice but the looks are bogus and there are a million of them on the road. Same thing with the camaro, it looks okay, not great and it's a wannabe. The Challenger looks fantastic, has more interior space and much more cargo space. Plus, you don't see one at every block."

Fun

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"I have 2010 Plum Crazy RT Classic. Ordered it without driving it. Surprised with overall quality and performance. Better than I ever expected. If I drive nice I can get 27 m.p.g. Mixed driving of speeding and speed limit 20-21 m.p.g. Handles great. Very comfortable. Can handle 4-5 passengers no problem. A real head turner. I love it."

awesome ride

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Decent mileage but who cares! Attention getter evertime I drive it! Comfortable on long trips. Excellent performance and fun to drive. Handles great and accelleration is strong and quick."

2008 SRT8 - Get in and hold on

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I really love this car - it's a head turner. I bought mine used with 1200 miles, saving over $11k in the process (due mainly to public demand and the subsequent dealer mark-up). I'm happy to see that since buying last July (2009) that I am still well in the black on this car. I have modded mine but maintained every little part (down to valve caps and bulbs) so that a future purist may easily return this numbered first edition car to factory stock. I agree with some of the reviews here that the Ram's heads do not belong on the car (made for the trucks IMHO) and I have replaced all mine with nostalgic Challenger logos (except for the steering wheel - haven't quite figured out how to get around that one with the airbag). The interior was kind of bland but (additional) carbon fiber and some well placed billet accents have brought it to life. The trunk is MASSIVE. The only negative things I could say about the car are: (1) The huge blind spot created by the large C pillars - I can deal with this though because I feel that the C pillars are necessary for that nostalgic look and you get used to it. (2) The body has minor factory blemishes that could've been worked out better. (3) Many of the mods I made should've been factory options or standard - this really isn't a bad thing as they make my car unique amongst 3rd gen Challengers. (4) Too many of these became trailer queens - get out and drive the car fools!! Other than that, Dodge has nailed it! You Camaro owners can continue to eat your hearts out! (I'd say the same for the Mustang but it is the only Ford I am fond of - remember, the Challenger and Camaro went away for many years, the Mustang simply evolved). I could go on forever but go test drive one, you'll see."

recouping of American

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"This car turns heads and makes grown men smile. Young children say wow! teen age boy turn freom their girlfriends to look at the ride! I am driving art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pretty Awesome

By on Friday, October 23, 2009

"First let me start of my saying that this car is a real eyecatcher. I ended up having to go with the automatic becauase my wife cannot get the manual down for the life of her. The R/T is quick off the line, easily passes other cars, and even handles well in the adverse weather we've had since I picked it up. The biggest problem I have found with this vehicle is the blind spots. You almost need to have a spotter constantly when you are backing up. You cannot see until you are well past halfway out of a parking spot. There isn't too much else that I would change."

By on Friday, October 09, 2009

"bought new 09 r/t with 6sp,just finished 4k trip and averaged 25.6 in mountains[yellowstone/tetons] lots of looks and pointing. owned old coronet rt,6 pac runner and tri power gto/way cooler machine and love the harddisc drive and nav screen. only saw 2 others on entire trip . stangs are pretty, but everyone has one ;camaro looks like smiley face."

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"Absolutely the Best Vehicle I have ever owned. It puts a smile on my face everytime I turn the key. Great looks, performance, and the best head turning ability of any car on the street. At 46yoa I just can't keep from smiling.! You will love this car ! Chrysler, thank you !"

The one I have been waiting for

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"This car is exactly what the muscle car public has been waiting for! It has the classic 70's styling and the performance to match. And what muscle car had a IRS. Granted it is big and bulky but that is what muscle cars were, and should be. They are not pony cars like the Mustang and Camaro, just pure power and comfort. I am a little bias because i just got my new R/T a week ago. I can't wait till spring to really open it up and see what it will do. But from what little time I have had behind the wheel it should be a blast. Just doing a burnout for no reason is just great. This car has endless power and will just keep pulling through the gears. It seems it has more than 375 horses."

Coolest Car I've Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pros: "Fast, responsive and a blast to drive."

"I wasn't really in the market for this car but when I saw it, I couldn't walk away. It's a 2012 Yellow Jacket and it's cool and fast!! It has a sun roof and a 6 speed manual and an absolute joy to drive. It's a head turner for sure. It still has that new car smell too. Dodge really did well with this car, especially the SRT8."

Owned the car since 2010 still is awesome to drive

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pros: "Driving it period !"

Cons: "Winter driving NOT recommended !"

"Dodge really knocked this one out of the park. Had 1 service issue and it was taken care of . No regrets this is an awesome vehicle , and its been 5 years ."

R/T Classic

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "outstanding vehicle"

Cons: "there are no cons"

"I love my car. I have done minor paint and decal upgrades. I have put a lot of chrome in the engine bay and have done several engine up grades. It not only looks outstanding, it sounds outstanding and will burn up the road. Every time I take it out I get numerous compliments on my R/T Classic. I have to admit that I become very aroused when driving this vehicle, I feel like I'm 18 again."

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "SHOW WINNER"

"2011 TOXIC ORANGE CHALLENGER RT LIKE NEW SHOW WINNER. COLD AIR INTAKE 22 INCH AMERICAN RACING WHEELS AND NEW GOOD YEAR SUPER CAR TIRES. MANY DRESS UP ITEMS UNDER THE HOOD. COMES WITH TRINITY TUNNER COMPUTER. NEVER SEEN WINTER. THE CAR IS A TEN INSIDE AND OUT. LOADED WITH ALL OPTIONS."

MY FIRST DODGE EVER. MOST AMAZING CAR I HAVE OWNE

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"I HAVE NEVER OWNED A DODGE BUT THE CHALLENGER CAME OUT AND I THOUGHT I HAD TO HAVE IT. I AM SO GLAD I DID. IT HAS NEVER HAD TO GO BACK TO THE DEALER EVER. HOWEVER, THERE IS A RECALL THAT JUST CAME OUT ON IT FOR THE TIMING COMPONENTS TO BE CHANGED. THIS KINDA SCARES ME BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE WRENCHING ON MY VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED THREE CORVETTES AND MANY OTHER MUSCLE CARS. NEVER HAVE I HAD ONE THAT I LOVED THIS MUCH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A CHALLENGER TO ANY AND ALL."

Absolutely love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "love driving it!!"

"Tons of horsepower. Awesome look. I always get thumbs up from other drivers."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Hard to see backing up"

"Have had it for a month now. Great acceleration, looks good. Glad I selected it"

The most awesome car in my 40 years of driving.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "looks, performance, features, brakes"

Cons: "windows move every time you open/close a door"

"My 2014 Challenger R/T is a great combination of looks, performance, features, and comfort. The retro exterior styling was a must for me. The performance was nearly a must and it does not disappoint. The modern features are wonderful. The car is very comfortable (and fun) to drive."

Great American Vehicle! (:

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Performance, MPG, Looks, Fun, Good Stereo"

Cons: "Visibility, Radio, Keyless access"

"I had the pleasure of renting this vehicle during a weekend vacation this past summer. This thing had plenty of get-up-and-go on the highway and got great MPG. It was a little hard to see out of, though. The car had the basic A/M-F/M-CD-MP3-Aux radio, but the standard stereo sounded good. The seats were comfortable, but somewhat firm. I got looks everywhere I went with the car. The car's keyless access system didn't work as well as it should have, and the push-button start button was missing (had to insert the remote and turn to the right to start it). If you're looking for a car that looks cool and that you can give up some comfort features ,then I'd recommend this car to you. Or at least it would be cool to have it for the weekend as a rental!"

Great looking car!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

"I've only had this car for about 5 weeks but so far I really like it. I bought this car primarily because of its retro looks and its size compared to the camaro and mustang. I got the SXT PLUS which has everything the RT has except the HEMI engine and found that it has plenty of power for every day use. I get lots of comments and looks when I drive it. The other day I was at the car wash and this guy came up to me and told me how much he liked the looks of the car and if he could take a peek inside. He said he owned a 74 CHALLENGER when he was younger and that he was thinking about getting a new one because it brought back his youth. I can relate to him. This is a fun car to drive!!!!"

One of the best Muscle Cars of its time - or any!

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Classic, Retro Styling yet modern and hip"

Cons: "No backup camera option, limited dealer-installs"

"This is the first Mopar I've ever owned and I have to say, I'm impressed with almost everything about this vehicle. First, this car is made in Canada, not the US. Nevertheless, I bought this car with 10 miles and have put 25K miles on it since Feb 2012 (8 months) I drive a lot. I usually drive 40K miles per year and intend to drive this car every one of those miles. Only problem so far has been faulty tire pressure sensors in the tires. Yes, the interior plastic resembles Tupperware and the passenger seat isn't power. Yes, there are massive blind spots when backing. Nothing compared to my 71 Mach 1 so, I guess I'm used to blind spots. There should be rear-view camera option with a rear-view monitor mirror. Yes, the Homelink cannot be ordered outside the "Electronics Group" package, which is unfortunate. Several of the features of the Electronics Group package overlap with other options; you cannot get credit for the duplicates AND they will not dealer-install the Homelink. When they fix those things, the car will be perfect. Other cars I've owned: Porsche 928 Too many Mustangs to count 09 Camaro 04 Excursion 79 Fiat X1/9"

WOW doesn't come close to describing this car

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Sporty drive, comfortable ride, fantastic looking"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"Wow! Red V6 sports pkg leather 20"rims owned for 24hrs with yells thumbs up and lots of stares. Wanted a true sports car that I didn't have to climb down into and I got it. Love the choice of automatic or shifting gears without a clutch! (favorite option) Purchased many cars in the last 30 years and have never gotten this excited over one. Reminds me of the '70s cars I drove as a teenager but with better ride proformance and downright thrill to drive. You won't go wrong with this car if you purchase it. Took it overnight and 100 miles later made it mine!"

love this car

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive ,affordable"

"very fast and best looking car i've owned. reliable and handles well would highly recommend this vehicle"

Gets more attention than MB coupes I've owned.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Looks very good, fun to drive and reliable."

Cons: "Only one. Trunk light could be better positioned."

"This car has been incredible! Absolutely no problems and fun to drive every time I get behind the wheel. Its attractive looks are a conversation starter every time I stop where someone is around."

Third challenger is a charm

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, real head turner"

Cons: "gas prices if it is your every day driver"

"Had a 1974 Blue challenger with 318 auto, Bought a 2009 Red R/T with the 5.7 Hemi and though I had died and went to heaven, until I traded it in for a 2011 Green with envy SRT8, Now I know I have made it to heaven. After n the years driving fast this car is awesome. It has more power than anyone will ever need on the street. It has tight steering. with quick response. This car is heaver than the mustage or camaro but if you know how to drive i think the extra weight helps in corners. plenty of room for folks ov er six feet tall. Back seat leg room leaves a little to disire but not a big concern because I dont ride back there. This is a must have car for us old muscle car heads."