2009 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 416 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Quiet 3.6 more than adaquite for all around

By on Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pros: "looks and realiability."

Cons: "Body gaps and Fit. Issues"

"Car is very smooth the 8 speed auto is great. I've played around with the 0-60 performance gauge and for a heavy car with a V6 my best time was 6.1 seconds. Not bad for a daily cruiser weighing in at 4000 lbs. This car is very comfortable on long drives. I bought this car new, for daily use and it does preform well. The tech. package is great also. The only real issue is, Body fit and gaps. I owned a 70 Cuda and it reminds me of the seventies when fit and finish of American cars stunk. Kudos to Dodge BUT tighten up alignment of doors, hoods trunks and fenders."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, so cool, fast, comfortable"

Cons: "Prices are a little higher than Mustangs/Camaros"

"I've owned 2 doz. cars; many muscle/sports cars. This is hands down the best car I've ever owned. It is a real head turner! Very comfortable and a daily driver. The perfect muscle car for a baby boomer. No problems until 50k miles; and those problems were covered under warranty. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. A great car!"

Turns heads everywhere I go

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Good accelleration and corners fair."

Cons: "Blind spots in backing up."

"I had a Mazda Miata prior to this car. Bought it to get an automatic as I was having some leg issues. This car has been great. I have driven it on the hiway from Dallas to San Antonio, to Houston and up to Kansas City over the past year. Gets about 25-26 on the highway but only about 17 in town. My only complaint is the blind spots the car has in backing up. It is hard for me to turn around and so I have to really rely on mirrors."

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Absolutely the Best Vehicle I have ever owned. It puts a smile on my face everytime I turn the key. Great looks, performance, and the best head turning ability of any car on the street. At 46yoa I just can't keep from smiling.! You will love this car ! Chrysler, thank you !"

hemi

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"The car has power, but disguised within a heavy shell. Seats are great.Engine great.I get almost 27 mpg on hwy. But 17 in city."

The best purchase I have ever made!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive and talk to EVERYONE who sees it!"

Cons: "Limited sight for parking and backing up."

Waiting to go for a cruise!

"I bought this car used 3 months ago. I had been looking since they came out in 2008. I bought a 2009 R/T in the Deep Water Blue Pearl. In the current trim (every SRT option but the engine) there were only 450 made. I am 6'5, 250 lbs. and I fit in this car with room to spare. The look, ride and feel of this car is absolutely awesome. With the fuel efficient 16 spark plug Hemi, I get between 19 and 23 miles per gallon. The ONLY bad thing is limited visibility which just makes parking and backing up a little slower. Everywhere I go I have to allow extra time. Whether it is letting people take pictures or just talking when I have people gathered around it when coming out of the grocery store. I call it my happy car. Whether you are driving it, sitting in it, or looking at it, you have an ear to ear smile! With the retro looks and the modern technology, this will be a forever keep car!"

Waiting to go for a cruise!

By on Friday, October 9, 2009

"bought new 09 r/t with 6sp,just finished 4k trip and averaged 25.6 in mountains[yellowstone/tetons] lots of looks and pointing. owned old coronet rt,6 pac runner and tri power gto/way cooler machine and love the harddisc drive and nav screen. only saw 2 others on entire trip . stangs are pretty, but everyone has one ;camaro looks like smiley face."

I Love This Car!!!

By on Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, more power than you can ever use!"

Cons: "bad blind spot"

"I have driven and owned many cars over the years. I have NEVER driven a car like this; it is amzing! Not only does it have more muscle than it can ever use anywhere but maybe on a NASCAR track but it is so much fun to drive. The only problem I have is that where I live the roads are normally so congested that it is frustrating to drive it sometimes sitting in traffic. I have never owned a car that people constantky are taking pictures of wherever I go."

What a Ride! Cat Back Muffler System Sounds Great

By on Friday, May 3, 2013

"Detroit Black Top Edition, Dodge Hit It right on the nose!! I love this car!, turns heads everywhere i go!. I have found myself running faster than the posted speed limit many times. 6 speed manual trans is flawless,interior looks great!,Paint job is flawless,love the interior lighting!. I would buy another."

Best car ever!!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

"This car is a trip back in time with all the modern conviences! I love it! Super fast!! I'll keep it for ever!!"

Gets more attention than MB coupes I've owned.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Looks very good, fun to drive and reliable."

Cons: "Only one. Trunk light could be better positioned."

"This car has been incredible! Absolutely no problems and fun to drive every time I get behind the wheel. Its attractive looks are a conversation starter every time I stop where someone is around."

has always been my dream vehilce

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, power is always there, confortable,"

Cons: "gas guzler tax, expensive maintenance"

"I love the cornering and the acceleration of this vehilce. It is a blast to drive on straight roads or on the winds of the mountain roads. climbs hills with no problems and gets actaully great gas millage for its power. Heated leather seats make it hard to get out of it and the sound system is great to have blasting away while weaving through traffic. Also great for long drives. I took my car cross country with my father and it is just a great ride all around. Love the manual transmission and although the mustang might take it off the line when hitting speeds of 120 plus the challenger does pull away and leaves the less atractive mustang behind."

Will be a collector car one day.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Extremely fun to drive."

Cons: "handles heavy on curves"

"The car drives extremely wellin a strait line but comes up a little short on curves or winding roads. This vehicle drives has more than enough in the way of power but does seem a little heavy off the line.The interior could use an upgrade but is not essential to the overall driving pleasure of the vehicle. This is truly a go fast car with off track manners and looks.I will be keeping mine till it is a collector car,which will happendue to it's retro design and feel. Great Great car..."

Very happy with the purchase

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, handles great, lots of compliments"

Cons: "Horn not easy to use quickly, leg room in back"

"Great ride for a long road trip and handles very good for such a heavy car. Mileage is better then I thought it would be, however I don't race it around often so that helps. Sometimes I think I should have gone for the V-8 for the extra power, although it does have pretty good power for a V-6, probably would have received more then the one ticket I got if I did get the V-8. Overall glad I bought the car!!"

best of the retroes

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "great car for th price"

Cons: "one heck of a blind spot rear c pillar"

"bought the se v6. has plenty of power and good gas mileage. good handling and very comfortable and easy to drive."

Great car for what it is! Modern day muscle.

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Power and build quality"

Cons: "Weight"

"Higher quality than ford or chevy. This car is heavy but performs well when pushed hard I have had the pleasure ur running all day at thunder hill raceway with this model and it's very impressive American muscle. It's not a "sports" car. It's big,heavy,loud,and powerful. If that's what you want and expect you won't be disappointed. This car is really fun to drive with your foot in tit Enjoy!"

Best New Car Around

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

"This is the most fun car that someone could ask for, it has tons of power, handles awesome, gets decent mileage for what it is, and just plain looks awesome. Would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone. Any Mopar guy will absolutely love this car as it looks so much like a 70 Challenger that it's unbelievable. Coolest Modern Muscle Car Available!!!!"

Great pony car. Fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks, Performance"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I bought the RT Plus model, 8 cylinder, Hemi black in April 2011. It is a rush to drive everyday!! I had both a camaro and a mustang in the past. The Dodge Challenger comes the closest to matching the retro 70's experience in both looks and performance. I drove a 2010 mustang, it's nice but the looks are bogus and there are a million of them on the road. Same thing with the camaro, it looks okay, not great and it's a wannabe. The Challenger looks fantastic, has more interior space and much more cargo space. Plus, you don't see one at every block."

Fun

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"I have 2010 Plum Crazy RT Classic. Ordered it without driving it. Surprised with overall quality and performance. Better than I ever expected. If I drive nice I can get 27 m.p.g. Mixed driving of speeding and speed limit 20-21 m.p.g. Handles great. Very comfortable. Can handle 4-5 passengers no problem. A real head turner. I love it."

awesome ride

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Decent mileage but who cares! Attention getter evertime I drive it! Comfortable on long trips. Excellent performance and fun to drive. Handles great and accelleration is strong and quick."

2008 SRT8 - Get in and hold on

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I really love this car - it's a head turner. I bought mine used with 1200 miles, saving over $11k in the process (due mainly to public demand and the subsequent dealer mark-up). I'm happy to see that since buying last July (2009) that I am still well in the black on this car. I have modded mine but maintained every little part (down to valve caps and bulbs) so that a future purist may easily return this numbered first edition car to factory stock. I agree with some of the reviews here that the Ram's heads do not belong on the car (made for the trucks IMHO) and I have replaced all mine with nostalgic Challenger logos (except for the steering wheel - haven't quite figured out how to get around that one with the airbag). The interior was kind of bland but (additional) carbon fiber and some well placed billet accents have brought it to life. The trunk is MASSIVE. The only negative things I could say about the car are: (1) The huge blind spot created by the large C pillars - I can deal with this though because I feel that the C pillars are necessary for that nostalgic look and you get used to it. (2) The body has minor factory blemishes that could've been worked out better. (3) Many of the mods I made should've been factory options or standard - this really isn't a bad thing as they make my car unique amongst 3rd gen Challengers. (4) Too many of these became trailer queens - get out and drive the car fools!! Other than that, Dodge has nailed it! You Camaro owners can continue to eat your hearts out! (I'd say the same for the Mustang but it is the only Ford I am fond of - remember, the Challenger and Camaro went away for many years, the Mustang simply evolved). I could go on forever but go test drive one, you'll see."

Pretty Awesome

By on Friday, October 23, 2009

"First let me start of my saying that this car is a real eyecatcher. I ended up having to go with the automatic becauase my wife cannot get the manual down for the life of her. The R/T is quick off the line, easily passes other cars, and even handles well in the adverse weather we've had since I picked it up. The biggest problem I have found with this vehicle is the blind spots. You almost need to have a spotter constantly when you are backing up. You cannot see until you are well past halfway out of a parking spot. There isn't too much else that I would change."

The one I have been waiting for

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"This car is exactly what the muscle car public has been waiting for! It has the classic 70's styling and the performance to match. And what muscle car had a IRS. Granted it is big and bulky but that is what muscle cars were, and should be. They are not pony cars like the Mustang and Camaro, just pure power and comfort. I am a little bias because i just got my new R/T a week ago. I can't wait till spring to really open it up and see what it will do. But from what little time I have had behind the wheel it should be a blast. Just doing a burnout for no reason is just great. This car has endless power and will just keep pulling through the gears. It seems it has more than 375 horses."

MY FIRST DODGE EVER. MOST AMAZING CAR I HAVE OWNE

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"I HAVE NEVER OWNED A DODGE BUT THE CHALLENGER CAME OUT AND I THOUGHT I HAD TO HAVE IT. I AM SO GLAD I DID. IT HAS NEVER HAD TO GO BACK TO THE DEALER EVER. HOWEVER, THERE IS A RECALL THAT JUST CAME OUT ON IT FOR THE TIMING COMPONENTS TO BE CHANGED. THIS KINDA SCARES ME BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE WRENCHING ON MY VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED THREE CORVETTES AND MANY OTHER MUSCLE CARS. NEVER HAVE I HAD ONE THAT I LOVED THIS MUCH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A CHALLENGER TO ANY AND ALL."

Absolutely love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "love driving it!!"

"Tons of horsepower. Awesome look. I always get thumbs up from other drivers."