2009 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

2008 SRT8 - Get in and hold on

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I really love this car - it's a head turner. I bought mine used with 1200 miles, saving over $11k in the process (due mainly to public demand and the subsequent dealer mark-up). I'm happy to see that since buying last July (2009) that I am still well in the black on this car. I have modded mine but maintained every little part (down to valve caps and bulbs) so that a future purist may easily return this numbered first edition car to factory stock. I agree with some of the reviews here that the Ram's heads do not belong on the car (made for the trucks IMHO) and I have replaced all mine with nostalgic Challenger logos (except for the steering wheel - haven't quite figured out how to get around that one with the airbag). The interior was kind of bland but (additional) carbon fiber and some well placed billet accents have brought it to life. The trunk is MASSIVE. The only negative things I could say about the car are: (1) The huge blind spot created by the large C pillars - I can deal with this though because I feel that the C pillars are necessary for that nostalgic look and you get used to it. (2) The body has minor factory blemishes that could've been worked out better. (3) Many of the mods I made should've been factory options or standard - this really isn't a bad thing as they make my car unique amongst 3rd gen Challengers. (4) Too many of these became trailer queens - get out and drive the car fools!! Other than that, Dodge has nailed it! You Camaro owners can continue to eat your hearts out! (I'd say the same for the Mustang but it is the only Ford I am fond of - remember, the Challenger and Camaro went away for many years, the Mustang simply evolved). I could go on forever but go test drive one, you'll see."

Pretty Awesome

By on Friday, October 23, 2009

"First let me start of my saying that this car is a real eyecatcher. I ended up having to go with the automatic becauase my wife cannot get the manual down for the life of her. The R/T is quick off the line, easily passes other cars, and even handles well in the adverse weather we've had since I picked it up. The biggest problem I have found with this vehicle is the blind spots. You almost need to have a spotter constantly when you are backing up. You cannot see until you are well past halfway out of a parking spot. There isn't too much else that I would change."

The one I have been waiting for

By on Sunday, February 1, 2009

"This car is exactly what the muscle car public has been waiting for! It has the classic 70's styling and the performance to match. And what muscle car had a IRS. Granted it is big and bulky but that is what muscle cars were, and should be. They are not pony cars like the Mustang and Camaro, just pure power and comfort. I am a little bias because i just got my new R/T a week ago. I can't wait till spring to really open it up and see what it will do. But from what little time I have had behind the wheel it should be a blast. Just doing a burnout for no reason is just great. This car has endless power and will just keep pulling through the gears. It seems it has more than 375 horses."

MY FIRST DODGE EVER. MOST AMAZING CAR I HAVE OWNE

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"I HAVE NEVER OWNED A DODGE BUT THE CHALLENGER CAME OUT AND I THOUGHT I HAD TO HAVE IT. I AM SO GLAD I DID. IT HAS NEVER HAD TO GO BACK TO THE DEALER EVER. HOWEVER, THERE IS A RECALL THAT JUST CAME OUT ON IT FOR THE TIMING COMPONENTS TO BE CHANGED. THIS KINDA SCARES ME BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE WRENCHING ON MY VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED THREE CORVETTES AND MANY OTHER MUSCLE CARS. NEVER HAVE I HAD ONE THAT I LOVED THIS MUCH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A CHALLENGER TO ANY AND ALL."

Absolutely love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "love driving it!!"

"Tons of horsepower. Awesome look. I always get thumbs up from other drivers."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Hard to see backing up"

"Have had it for a month now. Great acceleration, looks good. Glad I selected it"

The most awesome car in my 40 years of driving.

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "looks, performance, features, brakes"

Cons: "windows move every time you open/close a door"

"My 2014 Challenger R/T is a great combination of looks, performance, features, and comfort. The retro exterior styling was a must for me. The performance was nearly a must and it does not disappoint. The modern features are wonderful. The car is very comfortable (and fun) to drive."

Great American Vehicle! (:

By on Saturday, September 7, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Performance, MPG, Looks, Fun, Good Stereo"

Cons: "Visibility, Radio, Keyless access"

"I had the pleasure of renting this vehicle during a weekend vacation this past summer. This thing had plenty of get-up-and-go on the highway and got great MPG. It was a little hard to see out of, though. The car had the basic A/M-F/M-CD-MP3-Aux radio, but the standard stereo sounded good. The seats were comfortable, but somewhat firm. I got looks everywhere I went with the car. The car's keyless access system didn't work as well as it should have, and the push-button start button was missing (had to insert the remote and turn to the right to start it). If you're looking for a car that looks cool and that you can give up some comfort features ,then I'd recommend this car to you. Or at least it would be cool to have it for the weekend as a rental!"

Great looking car!

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

"I've only had this car for about 5 weeks but so far I really like it. I bought this car primarily because of its retro looks and its size compared to the camaro and mustang. I got the SXT PLUS which has everything the RT has except the HEMI engine and found that it has plenty of power for every day use. I get lots of comments and looks when I drive it. The other day I was at the car wash and this guy came up to me and told me how much he liked the looks of the car and if he could take a peek inside. He said he owned a 74 CHALLENGER when he was younger and that he was thinking about getting a new one because it brought back his youth. I can relate to him. This is a fun car to drive!!!!"

One of the best Muscle Cars of its time - or any!

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Classic, Retro Styling yet modern and hip"

Cons: "No backup camera option, limited dealer-installs"

"This is the first Mopar I've ever owned and I have to say, I'm impressed with almost everything about this vehicle. First, this car is made in Canada, not the US. Nevertheless, I bought this car with 10 miles and have put 25K miles on it since Feb 2012 (8 months) I drive a lot. I usually drive 40K miles per year and intend to drive this car every one of those miles. Only problem so far has been faulty tire pressure sensors in the tires. Yes, the interior plastic resembles Tupperware and the passenger seat isn't power. Yes, there are massive blind spots when backing. Nothing compared to my 71 Mach 1 so, I guess I'm used to blind spots. There should be rear-view camera option with a rear-view monitor mirror. Yes, the Homelink cannot be ordered outside the "Electronics Group" package, which is unfortunate. Several of the features of the Electronics Group package overlap with other options; you cannot get credit for the duplicates AND they will not dealer-install the Homelink. When they fix those things, the car will be perfect. Other cars I've owned: Porsche 928 Too many Mustangs to count 09 Camaro 04 Excursion 79 Fiat X1/9"