2009 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great car, be careful with post-warranty quality

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, exterior look, top end speed"

Cons: "Slightly above average acceleration, lifter issues"

"I bought this car with 37k miles on it. Beautiful red color, amazing interior design with 2-tone leather seats, room in the back for passengers. Interior buttons, dials and gauges are a bit unimpressive, more could be done here. I have the SE V-6, gas mileage is solid, gas tank is big for a coupe, 20 gallons. I have put a brand new Flowmaster Cat-Back dual-pipe exhaust kit on it to give it more flair and muscle, sounds amazing. However, the car has valve lifter issues, like many makes and models that have this SOHC V-6 engine. 3 valve lifters needed replacing right away upon purchase. Could be signs that the car was driven pretty rough before I got it, or could be coincidence. Knocking, tapping, flutter, etc. goes with cadence of the engine, so there is not a point where it is quiet. My advice is buy the car, it's amazing, but be aware that it is a sharp, fast looking car that previous owners may have driven like an idiot. Aside, from that, the handling is outstanding, the acceleration is decent and the top end speed is great. Fun car to drive. All this within a reasonable price."

A masterpiece.....

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"I am proud and happy owner of 2008 Dodge SRT 8 Challenger... It is a truly a awesome car...... Styling is more like 10 stars because Dodge nailed the old look and it much safer and more stable then the 70's ever were!!!!!! It is over a year old and it still stops traffic and causes near accidents on the road!!!!!!! On the road I get between 20-22 mph. Not a hybrid but for 4100 lbs racing car not bad either!!!! On the whole for the performace,style,safety and load carrying (it can hold 4 people good,plus a good load of suitcases). Challenger SRT 8 is hard to beat...... SRT 8 can be a better buy then a loaded Challenger RT,because the SRT has the Brimo Brakes which the RT does not... Brimo do a awesome job of stoping the car!"

awesome car

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I have owned my 09 r/t for about a month now and I love it. I think that the r/t is a much better value then the srt/8 performance is about the same but there is a hugh difference in pricing. I think the overall performance of this car is great and I am averaging around 22 mpg with city/hwy driving, Plus the r/t gets a lifetime drivetrain warrenty and the srt dosen't. If you get are thinking of getting one it is well worth it. I would say you need to read blogs on the challenger to be sure you understand all the goodies it offers. there are only two things I don't care for one the exhaust is not aggreasive enough for me and the other is the automatic which i prefer is a little sluggish when it shifts and and it is hard to get use to, although I am considering getting an aftermarket tuner to tighten up the firmness. overall I love it and they are great to drive and a real head turner...brilliant black pearl crystal !"

awesome

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"I just broke her in and beleive me she really goes! Handles fantastic,accelerates great,throwing you back in the seat.23 mpg while cruising @ 65 mph, not bad for 425 horse power.Everyone looks at this car.draws a crowd when I stop for gas.I constantly get a thumbs up while driving. I always get compliments.Thank you DODGE ! It looks great next to my 73 Cuda."

hemi

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"The car has power, but disguised within a heavy shell. Seats are great.Engine great.I get almost 27 mpg on hwy. But 17 in city."