2009 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 340 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next

Simply Awesome

By on Monday, June 01, 2009

"This car is Simply Awesome. If you want style, performance, comfort, and rock star status this is the car for you. This is one car I will have forever."

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I have had this car for one year almost and loved it. To me this was an ultimate retro car with a new car warranty. Very comfortable car and can be used for every day drive if needed."

Challenger R/T

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I have owned my R/T with the 6 speed manual for ~6 months and I love it. The only real complaint I have is the HUGE blind spot, which can make lane changes/merging interesting. The interior is a bit bland and plasticy, but confortable and everything is placed nicely. Mine has a plastic vibration at certain RPMs, but it is mild and only lasts a few hundred RPMs. It makes a nice garage mate for my 1971 Challenger. As a male in my late 30s, what I like best is I can drive it any way I want. If I want to beat on it, and make 5000 rpm shifts, it does it with flying colors. If I want to drive like I am 70, it does fine with that too. I can beat on it all day long and still get 15-16 mpg, or drive nice and get 25 mpg. It is amazing how many looks and questions I still get on the car. Great buy. I bought mine last October. Most dealers wanted MSRP or $4000-$6000 over MSRP. After shopping for a couple of months, I found what I wanted and got a great deal of $1300 under invoice. This was before all the automotive industry problems, so I am not sure what impact that will have on price or availabiltiy. If you can get one, I would do it while you can. As previously mentioned, the big reason I chose the R/T or the SRT8 is nearly identical performance for ~$5000-$10000 less and you get the factory life-time power train warranty and I was able to add life-time bumper to bumper warranty for about $2500. Neither is available with the SRT8 (not sure what good the warranty will be given the current state of Chrysler)."

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Love this Challenger

By on Monday, May 04, 2009

"I finally found a dealer that would let me drive the 2009 Challenger. It was an R/T with the six-speed. What a great vehicle. It's a little heavy and the interior looks cheap but the exterior makes up for that. I didn't like the price either. An equipped R/T is close to the equipped price of a Corvette Coupe. Not sure the Challenger will hold value. I want to order a Hurst Edition ($19000 additional for Series II) but want a dealer who will sell for less than MSRP. I can't order a new vehicle now with the plant closed and Chrysler in trouble. I recommend looking at the 1970, 2008 and 2009 Challengers at Jay Leno's Garage. A new Challenger would go great with my '70 Challenger 440 R/T. I also own a Ram Quadcab with the hemi. Great performance and no problems except for the navigation and oversteer front suspension."

By on Friday, May 01, 2009

By on Sunday, April 26, 2009

awesome car

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I have owned my 09 r/t for about a month now and I love it. I think that the r/t is a much better value then the srt/8 performance is about the same but there is a hugh difference in pricing. I think the overall performance of this car is great and I am averaging around 22 mpg with city/hwy driving, Plus the r/t gets a lifetime drivetrain warrenty and the srt dosen't. If you get are thinking of getting one it is well worth it. I would say you need to read blogs on the challenger to be sure you understand all the goodies it offers. there are only two things I don't care for one the exhaust is not aggreasive enough for me and the other is the automatic which i prefer is a little sluggish when it shifts and and it is hard to get use to, although I am considering getting an aftermarket tuner to tighten up the firmness. overall I love it and they are great to drive and a real head turner...brilliant black pearl crystal !"

Cool car

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"I was very pleasanty surprised by the quality and solidness of this vehicle. It takes some getting used to the blindspots but this car is very comfortable to drive. It is an absolute head turner."

Good Ride

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"I've had my challenger just a month, but I totallyl ove it. Its a great car to drive...lots of pep, lots of looks, and a very stable cruising experience. I wish the driver seat would go up more to allow access to the rear seat (that's my only complaint). I think its a great value for the amount of car and the joy of driving it provides."

Great fun & value

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"OK Folks, Here it is: the Dodge Challenger SRT8 (6 speed equipped) is a great value for the money. Before we throw rocks at its weight problem and interior’s blandness; we must 1st consider what this vehicle’s mission is. Its mission is to be a reincarnation of the original, except it must have competitive quality, great brakes and handles well. There is no question, the Challenger pass with flying colors. Its quality equals and exceeds a lot of its competitors, and for the most part it stays true to its focus. I’ve had mine for ~4 months and have been very happy. As a matter of fact, coming from a BMW, I am impressed with the quality and handling of this vehicle. Can they compare, no; they are two entirely different animals. It’s like debating over which is better, Dogs or Cats... Well it depends on whether you’re a Dog person or Cat person. Me? I’m a Dog person. One thing that amazes me, I can’t go anywhere without people wanting to talk about the car. This is not the reason I wanted the car, but it sure adds to the enjoyment. The emotion that this vehicle evokes in people is nothing short of thrilling; as a matter of fact, being in my mid 30s I feel like I‘m 16 years old again every time I even think about driving it. Any car that exudes that much emotion from both the public as well as myself is an incredible accomplishment. So to answer your question, the quality is great, driving experience is amazing and the fact that it’s about as American as apple pie makes it a guilt free dessert. I know, it’s made in Canada; but the history, looks and sound (did I mention the sound!!??) are totally Muscle Car Americana!! So Cheers, Chrysler did this right. I congratulate them on a one of a kind experience; one that has not left me at all remorseful for spending MSRP, no discounts at the time I purchased. And that’s coming from someone that grew up on Hondas and drives BMW’s regularly. Besides, I feel that this vehicles value is going up quicker than my 401K and if it doesn’t then at least I can take it up the street for some free waves and friendly smiles."

The Fountain of Youth

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"Driving in a muscle car is about as close to riding a Harley as you can get. My R/T is no Fru-Fru sports car.......and you know it from the second you sit in the drivers seat. This car has been a long time in coming and you will not be disappointed. Things that really stand out: Seats, Tech, Style and Speed. Things that need some work: quick release for the drivers seat, a few more color choices/combo's on the inside and T-Tops. The Challenger has way more room than the Mustang or any of its competitors and unlike a lot of other dealerships (Ford/Chevy & Dodge).....my dealer did NOT mark this up with "Extra" charges!! Good for them and good for me!! I must state for the record that I have not had any issues with this car and only gave them "4's" based on precieved quality of the brand........and nobody is perfect!!!"

09 challenger SE

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"great comeback, runs drives great, outside door handles need upgrade, the interior is nice, the exterior is SUPERIOR !!!"

RETRO MUSCLE

By on Saturday, February 21, 2009

"I 'VE HAD MY 2009 SRT-8 "CHALLE" FOR OVER 5 MONTHS (ONE OF THE FIRST ONES IN 2009 WITH A 6 SPEED TRANS) GREAT LOOKING CAR, SMOOTH DRIVING, EXCELLENT FOR LONG RIDES. UNLIKE MOST MUSCLE CARS AND OR SPORT CARS, THIS BABY IS VERY CONFORTABLE (FRONT SEATS). QUALITY EQUIPMENT; 6 SPEED TRANS, BREMBO BRAKES, Z- RATED TIRES, HIGH PERFORMANCE HEADS AND MORE. THINGS THAT REQUIRE ATTENTION: VEHICLE A LITTLE HEAVY, BACK SEAT AREA VERY LIMITED LEG ROOM, PLASTIC PANELS LACK CREATIVITY AND STYLING. HOWEVER, THE LOOKS OF THIS BABY MAKES YOU FORGET ALL HER FLAWS. YOU WILL BE CONSTANTLY INTERVIEWED BY FANS, MUSCLE CAR AND SPORT CAR LOVERS. IF YOU CANT HANDLE THE ATTENTION RE-CONSIDER OWNING THIS VEHICLE. I'VE HAD A VIPER AND A VETTE Z-06, NO COMAPRISON TO THE ENJOYMENT YOU GET DRIVING THIS VEHICLE."

great car

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"Had a Honda S 200 that was full of problems. Typical for a Honda. Now I'm into the Dodge and I love it! Never go back to overrated honda. Power and good looks. Love having both"

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"Just bought this 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T yesterday and it is the best car ever made from the v8,the comfort,touch screen cd and navigation,20 inch rims to the lifetime warrenty on engine and transmission this car had truely had alot of thought put into it."

The one I have been waiting for

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"This car is exactly what the muscle car public has been waiting for! It has the classic 70's styling and the performance to match. And what muscle car had a IRS. Granted it is big and bulky but that is what muscle cars were, and should be. They are not pony cars like the Mustang and Camaro, just pure power and comfort. I am a little bias because i just got my new R/T a week ago. I can't wait till spring to really open it up and see what it will do. But from what little time I have had behind the wheel it should be a blast. Just doing a burnout for no reason is just great. This car has endless power and will just keep pulling through the gears. It seems it has more than 375 horses."

Time Machine

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Getting in this car is like a trip back to the 60's when we liked our cars, big, bad & in your face & we made no appologies for not being "Green." We wanted our muscle cars to have pure grunt & the SRT8 has plenty of that. However, when the SRT8 came back in this time machine, it came back with a real suspension system, real brakes & build quality our 60's cars never had. This car has no practical use, it's for pure pleasure & the satisfaction of owning a really special car that will probably be outlawed in a few years. But while you can, you'll have the drive of your life ... it ain't for the PC crowd."

pretty good vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"I have the 5.7 L Hemi and have had it for over 8 months. A couple of things you should know about the car: Pros: Very fast but more impressive is great handling. Front seat comfort is very nice. Gauges are easy to read and accessible. Auto transmission is responsive. Gas mileage: HWY 25mpg/ CITY 15mpg Navigation system is very intuitive and useful. Scheduled maintenance is not as expensive as my other cars. Cons: Many blind spots and limited visibility out of rear of vehicle. Side/rear view mirrors leave many blind spots. Poor quality of materials used in interior. With such a cool exterior design, better materials could have been used in interior. Stereo quality could be better. I can't pin point the exact flaw in the system but part of it is the construction of the car door panels and how the speakers are mounted. Poor materials used in door panels might cause the hallow sounding stereo. Cup holders are poorly constructed. Very light plastic. The other stuff like looks, power, fuel economy are individual preferences. The items listed above are my observations, but I would recommend looking at them when you test drive this car. I like the car because I can live with these issues. Overall, it will be a great car if the reliability is there. Time will tell."

waiting since 1970

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"Its about the look, V6 is great on gas and as quick as a1960's standard V8. Base car is an unbelievable bargain, power everything, 4 wheel disks, great sound system, tilt wheel ,remote door locks, fold down rear seats huge trunk, alloy wheels. Almost as much room as my Jeep GC for cargo. 2 doors not great for the family but as a grand father, grandson is safe in back. :)"

V6 Is Good Enough For Me

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"Nothing sounds better to drive than a V8, but for 'daily driver' duties, my V6 SE is perfect for my needs. More than enough power, unless you're taking it to a 'PINKS' episode. And the build quality....other than a little roughness the first 200 mi. as the adaptive transmission 'adapted', the build quality is amazing compared to the Dodge cars of even 10 years ago. And a really smooth and refined ride....you forget what you're driving. And with a price in the low $20's decked out, it's amazing how much attention (and it DOES get attention, even a low-budget V6 car) this thing gets. On a Chevy Impala budget..... I can live without the V8. I'll also use the extra $8-10K I saved for a bass boat...."

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"AWESOME POWER AND STYLING!!!"

awesome

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"I just broke her in and beleive me she really goes! Handles fantastic,accelerates great,throwing you back in the seat.23 mpg while cruising @ 65 mph, not bad for 425 horse power.Everyone looks at this car.draws a crowd when I stop for gas.I constantly get a thumbs up while driving. I always get compliments.Thank you DODGE ! It looks great next to my 73 Cuda."

WOW

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"What can I say... WOW!!!! that will sum it all up. This car is unreal. Best car I ever owned.. Speed,comfort,Looks, I would'nt change a thing. Makes driveing fun again to say the least. Will take it to my grave: )"

Retro at its best.

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"One of the best cars i have ever been in. It has so much power it does reach its max speed. A+ vehicle from an owners perspective."

Previous | 1 ... 12 13 14 | Next