2008 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 417 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

Best New Car Around

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

"This is the most fun car that someone could ask for, it has tons of power, handles awesome, gets decent mileage for what it is, and just plain looks awesome. Would not hesitate to recommend this car to anyone. Any Mopar guy will absolutely love this car as it looks so much like a 70 Challenger that it's unbelievable. Coolest Modern Muscle Car Available!!!!"

Great pony car. Fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Looks, Performance"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I bought the RT Plus model, 8 cylinder, Hemi black in April 2011. It is a rush to drive everyday!! I had both a camaro and a mustang in the past. The Dodge Challenger comes the closest to matching the retro 70's experience in both looks and performance. I drove a 2010 mustang, it's nice but the looks are bogus and there are a million of them on the road. Same thing with the camaro, it looks okay, not great and it's a wannabe. The Challenger looks fantastic, has more interior space and much more cargo space. Plus, you don't see one at every block."

Fun

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"I have 2010 Plum Crazy RT Classic. Ordered it without driving it. Surprised with overall quality and performance. Better than I ever expected. If I drive nice I can get 27 m.p.g. Mixed driving of speeding and speed limit 20-21 m.p.g. Handles great. Very comfortable. Can handle 4-5 passengers no problem. A real head turner. I love it."

awesome ride

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Decent mileage but who cares! Attention getter evertime I drive it! Comfortable on long trips. Excellent performance and fun to drive. Handles great and accelleration is strong and quick."

2008 SRT8 - Get in and hold on

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"I really love this car - it's a head turner. I bought mine used with 1200 miles, saving over $11k in the process (due mainly to public demand and the subsequent dealer mark-up). I'm happy to see that since buying last July (2009) that I am still well in the black on this car. I have modded mine but maintained every little part (down to valve caps and bulbs) so that a future purist may easily return this numbered first edition car to factory stock. I agree with some of the reviews here that the Ram's heads do not belong on the car (made for the trucks IMHO) and I have replaced all mine with nostalgic Challenger logos (except for the steering wheel - haven't quite figured out how to get around that one with the airbag). The interior was kind of bland but (additional) carbon fiber and some well placed billet accents have brought it to life. The trunk is MASSIVE. The only negative things I could say about the car are: (1) The huge blind spot created by the large C pillars - I can deal with this though because I feel that the C pillars are necessary for that nostalgic look and you get used to it. (2) The body has minor factory blemishes that could've been worked out better. (3) Many of the mods I made should've been factory options or standard - this really isn't a bad thing as they make my car unique amongst 3rd gen Challengers. (4) Too many of these became trailer queens - get out and drive the car fools!! Other than that, Dodge has nailed it! You Camaro owners can continue to eat your hearts out! (I'd say the same for the Mustang but it is the only Ford I am fond of - remember, the Challenger and Camaro went away for many years, the Mustang simply evolved). I could go on forever but go test drive one, you'll see."