2008 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 407 Ratings for the 2008 - 2016 models.

great fun, great handling, great looks, great car

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "looks, drive, feel"

Cons: "tuff to get into the back seat"

"in this car you will be noticed! The only thing that could improve this car would be easier access to the back seat, and of course a convertable top."

AWESOME!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "You won't see one on every street corner."

Cons: "I can't drive it and get paid for it."

My Black Beauty

"Having owned a first generation Challenger for 17 years I have had an obsession with this car. I knew if Dodge ever built it again I would have another one. They did not disappoint with the new generation Challenger. It has the performance and comfort of the original, only much, much more of it! A truly modern classic that touches all the bases needed. Kudos to Dodge for doing this car right. I'm a kid again and enjoying each mile behind the wheel of my 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T."

My Black Beauty

Love it

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "price"

"Best vehicle ever. Looks awesome and handles just as well."

Dodge is on the way to better cars again.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "power, fuel economy, just plain fun"

Cons: "Driving postion"

"This is definitely a huge leap forward for Dodge. The car does everything great. My only complaint is the initial quality was very poor, the first 5000 miles the car was in the shop once or twice a week. The next 7000 miles have been trouble free except for one required software update no biggy. The engine and transmission are spectacular the power from the 3.6L V6 is impressive and I consistently get 30mpg with it. The handling is a little soft for a sporty car but the factory tires stick like glue. I also find the driving position to be a little akward and the seat gets really uncomfortable on any trip more than 50 miles. The price seems a bit high for what you get, but it's a really fun car to drive locally."

dodge hit a home run

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"i have been a chevy man in the past. i was looking for a old 70,s car buy when i saw the Challenger, test drove it and bought it the next day. Dodge did a great giving it a real 70,s look. ps thanks"

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Love this car! Comfortable, blows by anything on the road, looks cool, runs great, turns heads, nuff said."

Why this car is so excellent

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"The retro modern styling is good looking, but there are a lot of little features this car has that makes it a 5 star. First, interior lighting is amazing (its the little things like cup holder lighting, and back seat lamps). Passenger room, for a sports car, cannot be beat. I can get my 6'7" friend in the passenger seat and he testified that it is a completely comfortable experience. Much more room than the new camaro, and the cockpit layout is superior by far. The SE's have a v6 with strong acceleration but don't make gas ridiculous, and the addition of a cold air intake helps to add a little extra growl, power, and fuel economy to the package. Love this car. Best part...dealers are willing to cut some serious deals right now to clear 2010 models out of inventory to make room for the '11 (reportedly no fundamental styling, feature, or powertrain differences in the new model). Awesome car, using as my daily driver and has not given me a single regret yet! Worst part is the lack of a manual transmission option on the v6 model. If your the type who hates blind spots, you should test drive one (as if you wouldn't first). Much better view points than most sports cars (especially the 370z or Rx8)!"

Hemi Heaven

By on Tuesday, March 01, 2011

"Ordered 2/09, shipped 1 week before b/k in 5/09. Got R/T w/ Hemi Orange paint, 20" chrome wheels and moonroof. Got rebate and 0% financing, too. Nothing but good things to say about the Dodge Challenger. Turns heads, runs like a scalded cat and always a pleasure to drive. Looked @ Camaro & Mustang but this seemed like way more car for less money. Own a '73 Mustang but this is way better. Dodge nailed this car. Just couldn't be any happier."

It's a blast!

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"The R/T with the 20 inch torque thrust wheels gets plenty of looks. My only problem so far is the manual shift lockout from 1st to 4th. I had it bypassed. The MyGIG system is awsome for navigation and video after you install the LockPick harness. Wheel hop could be looked at by the factory but, all three pony cars have the exact same problem with the Challenger being the only one with an aftermarket fix. Can't say enough about it being fun though. Comfy on long haul rides compared to everything else in its class. The only car with better vision is the mustang but it has zero rear seat along with the completely blind Camaro. Great car and they are always better at my dealership than chevy or ford ever was."

I am Plum Crazy about my Challenger

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

""I love, love, love my 2010 Challenger. I also have a Plum Crazy R/T CLassic. Every time I take her out I see someone staring or pointing, or out right yelling "I love your car!" I put the MOPAR CAI on it and it makes it growl. I traded in my 2006 Charger R/T for it. The Charger was awsome as well, my friends alway used to make me drive because it had so much room and such a nice ride. The Challenger is significantly less, but one of my best friends has a 2009 Camaro and you could not put an adult in the back seat. the challenger sits two adults semi comfortable and three in a pinch. Definitely fun do drive and with the 6 speed manual it is unbelievable. To the Mustang and Camaro drivers I say you only wish you had a Challenger. MOPAR RULES!""

REAL HEAD TURNER

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF RIDING IN A 70 CHALLANGER AND CUDA. THIS CAR IS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. 3.5 V6 IS ENOUGH POWER FOR ME. I CAN DO SOME HOT RODDER UP GRADES TO GET MORE POWER IF I WANT TO. NEW CHALLENGER HAS GREAT RIDE AND LESS NOISY THAN EARLY MODEL. CAMARO IS NO MATCH FOR INTERIOR ROOM. THIS WILL BECOME A COLLECTIBLE CLASSIC IN TIME."

great car

By on Friday, November 05, 2010

"I just want to put my 2 cents out there. I have owned an SE for 6 months still get many thumbs ups! I see others say they don't have value and its overpriced but if you check Kelly Blue book it rates higher in resale value than the other retros. (camaro and Mustang) I like the fact the Challenger is larger ok that takes away the fast starts you can get from the smaller 2 but for ride and comfort you can't beat it would highly recomend this vehicle and with the increase of HP for the 2011 even the SE will have 305 HP."

Classic Cool

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2010 SRT8, and boy does it haul! I test drove all 3 major pony cars, and all of them have their ups and downs, but this car by far felt the most satisfying to me. I like the big car feel, the soft rumbling from the dual exhaust, and the media technology that is included is by far the best being offered by either the Mustang or Camaro. To each their own, but my B5 srt8 is by far the best car I have ever driven."

Head Turner

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Too satisfied to ever want to sell my Hemi Orange R/T Challenger. Best retro car of the big three. Highly recommended. Its design is lost in time."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

"I simply cannot say enough about this car. I've owned sporty cars all my life, and NO other car gets the attention this one does. When you hear other Challenger owners mention the "Rock Star" feeling you get from this car, they're not kidding. Constantly getting compliments on it. Even 2 years later. But that aside, the car has excellent quality craftsmanship you can feel in everything from the powertrain to the sarmrests. Nothing feels plastic-ie or chincy in any way. The engine in the car delivers. Even the SE has great power and response. I think the SE is a great value for the price, but the R/T and SRT are a little pricey for what you're getting. But overall, it's just a smidge away from fair price. As I stated, I've had this car for 2 years, and I still LOVE this car. I still find myself checking it out several times a day. I still find myself really enjoying each drive. I have no complaints really. Extremely satisfied, and plan on keeping this car LONG after it's paid off. (the lifetime powertrain warranty has a little to do with that, but it's more my enjoyment of this car)."

Top Notch

By on Friday, September 17, 2010

"Se 250hp good stuff for a 6 cyl not sluggish and good with gas both city and highway. The r/t 372hp is powerful and great with city and highway for a v8 hemi (does the downgrade cylender thing when cruising) A headturning vehicle, comfy for whatever length trip and fun all around plus dodge engines last a lifetime so expect to have this vehicle for a long time as long as you take care of it."

it

By on Saturday, September 04, 2010

"Its the old American laarger style sports car back to life.comfort and value all in a style closest to the origional than any of the others out there"

LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, September 01, 2010

"I recently purchased the SE model w/ leather and some other misc upgrades and I LOVE this car. I've wanted one since the SRT-8 first came out in 2008. Mine is silver with black accents down the side and it is a true head turner. People flag me down at least once a day to tell me how cool it is. It rides so smooth and has plenty of room. For a V6 it definitely isn't sluggish or slow. Love love love it."

rt awsome or not

By on Sunday, August 29, 2010

"in general the challenger rt is what you would expect. if you remember this car from the older days you'll love the newer version. try it for yourself and see. although if money is an object try used."

Dodge nailed it!

By on Monday, July 12, 2010

"Purchased a 2010 W/ 6 miles. Im 63 yrs. young. So, the SE was perfect. When i got back from nam i purchased a 69 camaro . had to sell.due to hardship. The 2010 Challenger truly beats camaro & mustang. The wife gave me a hard time, until she drove iit. Had it sinct june, No problems. Love the serius radio. Everytime i drive it im back in 1969. Better go get one, this one is a classic."

If it had wings !!!

By on Sunday, July 11, 2010

"The car over all is worth every cent the stock sound system could use some help but then this car has more help than you want to handle all at one time great car . Go for it dont get the 5.7 5 speed get the STR8 6.1 6 speed but hold out at leat a year for the HP kit to give you over all 700 Hp At 7 g's so heck why not wait a yr or 2 and pay 1/2. well have fun with it if you go for it. SDD"

BEST CAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"The title says it all! I am so happy i bought this car. love eveything about it! the camaro and the mustang are so luckluster! drove all 3 & fell in love with the challenger once again dodge pulls it off with flying colors! buy one of these cars trust me you WILL NOT be dissopointed!"

Still can't wipe the smile off my face...

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"I have had my car for a little over a year...and like the title says...I still can't wipe the smile off my face. I special ordered my car, it took right at six months for it to arrive, but it was everything I wanted and more. Even after a year, this car still makes heads turn. The new car feel usually wears off about the time the third payment is made...but this one has not worn off. Granted the Camaro has more power...but this ride is more than respectable...and not as common as those Camaros...I make a habit of keeping up with the ratio of Camaros to Challengers...Rare, is good. The car does have a huge blind spot due to the very small three quarter view windows...but after driving it for a few months, I have gotten use to it. The weight of the car is heavy, but it makes the car feel awesome when you drive. It also has a nice exhaust sound. All equipment is exceptional. I got my car fully loaded with the Mygig, EVIC system and Chrome Clad wheels...The typical equipment is also very thoughtfully positioned and has a retro feel...Lots of neat goodies on the EVIC including a 0-60 timer for those times when you just "need to know" for yourself. Leather seats are nice quality and comfortable. Back seat is comfortable as long as you don't have a tall person driving, or riding shot gun...then there is virtually no space for passenger legs. Trunk space is outstanding. Nice amount of storage, and even the center console adjusts postion for driver comfort."

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I always loved the muscle cars from the late 60's and early 70's and i think dodge captured that style with this car. I feel that the retro styling is done better on the challenger than the new camerro and mustang. The price is a little higher than the others but styling more than makes up for it."

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009