2008 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 378 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great American Vehicle! (:

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Performance, MPG, Looks, Fun, Good Stereo"

Cons: "Visibility, Radio, Keyless access"

"I had the pleasure of renting this vehicle during a weekend vacation this past summer. This thing had plenty of get-up-and-go on the highway and got great MPG. It was a little hard to see out of, though. The car had the basic A/M-F/M-CD-MP3-Aux radio, but the standard stereo sounded good. The seats were comfortable, but somewhat firm. I got looks everywhere I went with the car. The car's keyless access system didn't work as well as it should have, and the push-button start button was missing (had to insert the remote and turn to the right to start it). If you're looking for a car that looks cool and that you can give up some comfort features ,then I'd recommend this car to you. Or at least it would be cool to have it for the weekend as a rental!"

Great looking car!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

"I've only had this car for about 5 weeks but so far I really like it. I bought this car primarily because of its retro looks and its size compared to the camaro and mustang. I got the SXT PLUS which has everything the RT has except the HEMI engine and found that it has plenty of power for every day use. I get lots of comments and looks when I drive it. The other day I was at the car wash and this guy came up to me and told me how much he liked the looks of the car and if he could take a peek inside. He said he owned a 74 CHALLENGER when he was younger and that he was thinking about getting a new one because it brought back his youth. I can relate to him. This is a fun car to drive!!!!"

One of the best Muscle Cars of its time - or any!

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Classic, Retro Styling yet modern and hip"

Cons: "No backup camera option, limited dealer-installs"

"This is the first Mopar I've ever owned and I have to say, I'm impressed with almost everything about this vehicle. First, this car is made in Canada, not the US. Nevertheless, I bought this car with 10 miles and have put 25K miles on it since Feb 2012 (8 months) I drive a lot. I usually drive 40K miles per year and intend to drive this car every one of those miles. Only problem so far has been faulty tire pressure sensors in the tires. Yes, the interior plastic resembles Tupperware and the passenger seat isn't power. Yes, there are massive blind spots when backing. Nothing compared to my 71 Mach 1 so, I guess I'm used to blind spots. There should be rear-view camera option with a rear-view monitor mirror. Yes, the Homelink cannot be ordered outside the "Electronics Group" package, which is unfortunate. Several of the features of the Electronics Group package overlap with other options; you cannot get credit for the duplicates AND they will not dealer-install the Homelink. When they fix those things, the car will be perfect. Other cars I've owned: Porsche 928 Too many Mustangs to count 09 Camaro 04 Excursion 79 Fiat X1/9"

WOW doesn't come close to describing this car

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Sporty drive, comfortable ride, fantastic looking"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"Wow! Red V6 sports pkg leather 20"rims owned for 24hrs with yells thumbs up and lots of stares. Wanted a true sports car that I didn't have to climb down into and I got it. Love the choice of automatic or shifting gears without a clutch! (favorite option) Purchased many cars in the last 30 years and have never gotten this excited over one. Reminds me of the '70s cars I drove as a teenager but with better ride proformance and downright thrill to drive. You won't go wrong with this car if you purchase it. Took it overnight and 100 miles later made it mine!"

love this car

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive ,affordable"

"very fast and best looking car i've owned. reliable and handles well would highly recommend this vehicle"

Gets more attention than MB coupes I've owned.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Looks very good, fun to drive and reliable."

Cons: "Only one. Trunk light could be better positioned."

"This car has been incredible! Absolutely no problems and fun to drive every time I get behind the wheel. Its attractive looks are a conversation starter every time I stop where someone is around."

Third challenger is a charm

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, real head turner"

Cons: "gas prices if it is your every day driver"

"Had a 1974 Blue challenger with 318 auto, Bought a 2009 Red R/T with the 5.7 Hemi and though I had died and went to heaven, until I traded it in for a 2011 Green with envy SRT8, Now I know I have made it to heaven. After n the years driving fast this car is awesome. It has more power than anyone will ever need on the street. It has tight steering. with quick response. This car is heaver than the mustage or camaro but if you know how to drive i think the extra weight helps in corners. plenty of room for folks ov er six feet tall. Back seat leg room leaves a little to disire but not a big concern because I dont ride back there. This is a must have car for us old muscle car heads."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and plenty of power. Awsome sound!"

Cons: "none noted..."

"What is better than driving the SRT8 only on weekends?? Driving it every day.. This is my commuter and love everything about it.. Well worth the money.."

Very happy with the purchase

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, handles great, lots of compliments"

Cons: "Horn not easy to use quickly, leg room in back"

"Great ride for a long road trip and handles very good for such a heavy car. Mileage is better then I thought it would be, however I don't race it around often so that helps. Sometimes I think I should have gone for the V-8 for the extra power, although it does have pretty good power for a V-6, probably would have received more then the one ticket I got if I did get the V-8. Overall glad I bought the car!!"

Excellent and fun!

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Performance and handling, comfort and quality"

Cons: "None."

"I've had this car now for almost 2 years and love everything about it. The style, the quality, the performance, the comfort.... On road trips I've averaged 25-26 MPG highway, and day to day mixed driving (mostly highway) I get around 20-21. It is a 6 speed so that helps. Nothing I'd change."

Love, love, LOVE this car

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"This is my second Challenger. There is nothing about this car that I don't love. Obviously, this would not be an ideal family vehicle. We have had to use the back seat though and the sliding front seat makes getting in and out of the back seat easier. The back seat is roomy and comfortable. This car holds the road, feels solid, is fun to drive. Love the options. Just an really wonderful vehicle."

I love my Chally

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sitting on the Street

"If you are into rwd cars you'll love this car ! Very fun to drive ! And a real head turner. Constantly get compliments from people. And holds it's value really well. After driving it for 2 years I could sell it and still make a profit."

Sitting on the Street

One of the best cars I have ever had in my life.

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Really fast, quite, nice inside, great motor, HEMI"

Cons: "Little high on price!"

"I have this car since it was new in Nov. 2008 and the car drives like it’s still new. The car is very very fast, but is backed up with the SMS Supercharger also. The car was fast when I brought it home (425hp) but I wanted something more as far as speed. Inside, love it. Lots of room in the front but little room in the rear, if you are taller then 5'10. I do have to say that if you’re looking at the Mustang or Camaro in the rear seat, don’t buy them, no room in the rear. Lots of trunk space, nice body/ Paint, and more then you would expect. The Challenger SRT-8 cost more, but you will find out why, its worth more. The new 392 is a plus, but is still not as fast as the 6.1L SMS. Rides better then the Vet and mine will out preform it too. I can’t say enough about the Challenger SRT-8. Love it more then my 1971 Dodge Challenger 426HEMI"

Incredible Muscle Car!

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Great style, performance and interior"

Cons: "Don't like the "plastic" Chrome rims"

"We purchased this vehicle brand new about 7 months ago. We have the R/T Challenger with most every option. Overall, this car is just an absolute blast. Plenty of power, great ride quality, tons of interior room and best of all a unique styling that everyone stops and looks at. This is our first car of any kind, everything else has been trucks or SUVs. We were worried about being able to see and comfort but that is absolutely not a problem. Unlikeother vehicles in it's class, there is a lot of leg room and you can actually fit two grown adults in the back seat. I would recommend this car to anyone lookinng for a modern day muscle car."

great fun, great handling, great looks, great car

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "looks, drive, feel"

Cons: "tuff to get into the back seat"

"in this car you will be noticed! The only thing that could improve this car would be easier access to the back seat, and of course a convertable top."

AWESOME!

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "You won't see one on every street corner."

Cons: "I can't drive it and get paid for it."

My Black Beauty

"Having owned a first generation Challenger for 17 years I have had an obsession with this car. I knew if Dodge ever built it again I would have another one. They did not disappoint with the new generation Challenger. It has the performance and comfort of the original, only much, much more of it! A truly modern classic that touches all the bases needed. Kudos to Dodge for doing this car right. I'm a kid again and enjoying each mile behind the wheel of my 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T."

My Black Beauty

Love it

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "price"

"Best vehicle ever. Looks awesome and handles just as well."

Dodge is on the way to better cars again.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "power, fuel economy, just plain fun"

Cons: "Driving postion"

"This is definitely a huge leap forward for Dodge. The car does everything great. My only complaint is the initial quality was very poor, the first 5000 miles the car was in the shop once or twice a week. The next 7000 miles have been trouble free except for one required software update no biggy. The engine and transmission are spectacular the power from the 3.6L V6 is impressive and I consistently get 30mpg with it. The handling is a little soft for a sporty car but the factory tires stick like glue. I also find the driving position to be a little akward and the seat gets really uncomfortable on any trip more than 50 miles. The price seems a bit high for what you get, but it's a really fun car to drive locally."

dodge hit a home run

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

"i have been a chevy man in the past. i was looking for a old 70,s car buy when i saw the Challenger, test drove it and bought it the next day. Dodge did a great giving it a real 70,s look. ps thanks"

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Love this car! Comfortable, blows by anything on the road, looks cool, runs great, turns heads, nuff said."

Why this car is so excellent

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"The retro modern styling is good looking, but there are a lot of little features this car has that makes it a 5 star. First, interior lighting is amazing (its the little things like cup holder lighting, and back seat lamps). Passenger room, for a sports car, cannot be beat. I can get my 6'7" friend in the passenger seat and he testified that it is a completely comfortable experience. Much more room than the new camaro, and the cockpit layout is superior by far. The SE's have a v6 with strong acceleration but don't make gas ridiculous, and the addition of a cold air intake helps to add a little extra growl, power, and fuel economy to the package. Love this car. Best part...dealers are willing to cut some serious deals right now to clear 2010 models out of inventory to make room for the '11 (reportedly no fundamental styling, feature, or powertrain differences in the new model). Awesome car, using as my daily driver and has not given me a single regret yet! Worst part is the lack of a manual transmission option on the v6 model. If your the type who hates blind spots, you should test drive one (as if you wouldn't first). Much better view points than most sports cars (especially the 370z or Rx8)!"

Hemi Heaven

By on Tuesday, March 01, 2011

"Ordered 2/09, shipped 1 week before b/k in 5/09. Got R/T w/ Hemi Orange paint, 20" chrome wheels and moonroof. Got rebate and 0% financing, too. Nothing but good things to say about the Dodge Challenger. Turns heads, runs like a scalded cat and always a pleasure to drive. Looked @ Camaro & Mustang but this seemed like way more car for less money. Own a '73 Mustang but this is way better. Dodge nailed this car. Just couldn't be any happier."

It's a blast!

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"The R/T with the 20 inch torque thrust wheels gets plenty of looks. My only problem so far is the manual shift lockout from 1st to 4th. I had it bypassed. The MyGIG system is awsome for navigation and video after you install the LockPick harness. Wheel hop could be looked at by the factory but, all three pony cars have the exact same problem with the Challenger being the only one with an aftermarket fix. Can't say enough about it being fun though. Comfy on long haul rides compared to everything else in its class. The only car with better vision is the mustang but it has zero rear seat along with the completely blind Camaro. Great car and they are always better at my dealership than chevy or ford ever was."

I am Plum Crazy about my Challenger

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

""I love, love, love my 2010 Challenger. I also have a Plum Crazy R/T CLassic. Every time I take her out I see someone staring or pointing, or out right yelling "I love your car!" I put the MOPAR CAI on it and it makes it growl. I traded in my 2006 Charger R/T for it. The Charger was awsome as well, my friends alway used to make me drive because it had so much room and such a nice ride. The Challenger is significantly less, but one of my best friends has a 2009 Camaro and you could not put an adult in the back seat. the challenger sits two adults semi comfortable and three in a pinch. Definitely fun do drive and with the 6 speed manual it is unbelievable. To the Mustang and Camaro drivers I say you only wish you had a Challenger. MOPAR RULES!""

REAL HEAD TURNER

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"I HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF RIDING IN A 70 CHALLANGER AND CUDA. THIS CAR IS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. 3.5 V6 IS ENOUGH POWER FOR ME. I CAN DO SOME HOT RODDER UP GRADES TO GET MORE POWER IF I WANT TO. NEW CHALLENGER HAS GREAT RIDE AND LESS NOISY THAN EARLY MODEL. CAMARO IS NO MATCH FOR INTERIOR ROOM. THIS WILL BECOME A COLLECTIBLE CLASSIC IN TIME."