2008 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Best muscle car I have ever owned.

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "It has everything you need, comfort, power & style"

"Best EVER. I have owned Firebird Formulas, Mustang GT, Z28 and two GTOs. SRT8 has everything! Speed, comfort, music, looks and the best seats ever."

Disappointing

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Leather seats, bluetooth, nav, etc"

Cons: "Too many to name (blindspots, fuel economy, etc)"

"Due to the new environmental laws, cars today are a mere shadow of their former selves. The Challenger 5.7 Hemi R/T is very slow and clunky on acceleration. You have HUGE BLINDSPOTS that make the car in heavy traffic a dangerous weapon. The interior is boring plastic and the backseat is horrible. The challenger reminds me of a ride at the Universal Studios in Florida. Back in the day you would get inside a fake simulator that mimicked the Delorean from Back to the Future flying through the air. All the while, you know you really are not riding in a Delorean no matter how hard they tried to convince you. The Challenger is the same way. It is a paper tiger, a shadow of the glory of the muscle/pony cars of the 70s."

This car is fast while being super comfortable.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

"For a 6 cyl VVT engine, my Challenger SXT+ is a fast, fun and comfortable sports car. It hugs the corner while it allows to sit on nice warm leather seats. Its stance is aggressive and its torque allows for a great take off. Words can't describe how much fun I have in my black beauty."

INCREDIBLE BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS!!!

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

THIS IS MY BABY!! I STILL GASP EVERYTIME I OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR!

"I've waited my whole life for a "HEMI"!IT'S THE THING I'VE WANTED THE MOST IN MY LIFE AND WITH BEING A SINGLE PARENT RAISING 2 CHILDREN KNEW I COULD NEVER HAVE,!!!! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!! THIS CAR IS SO FAR BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS! The technology has come along way from dropping a Hemi in a 70's Challenger!! This car is mind boggling for a car that weighs over 4000 lbs. The performance the handling , the driveability of this vehicle is AWESOME THE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS VEHICLE IS AWESOME!!! BEST THING I EVER DID!!"

THIS IS MY BABY!! I STILL GASP EVERYTIME I OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Cons: "Skip shift feature...nuisance."

"I bought this car because I wanted a classic car, but since I am a female, classic cars require reliable mechanics. I don't know any and did not necessarily want a project car. The comfort of the drivers seat was important to me as well, because I have had 2 back surgeries. The 2013 Challenger met my needs. I have the R/T, 5.7 Hemi, 6 spd manual. This car is amazing to drive. There is nothing like the thrill of feeling all that power under your feet. The car performs well and is very fast! There is only one disappointing feature; the car automatically takes you from first gear to 4th when traveling at the exact speed - its suppose to save you mpg's but I find it annoying. IF you pause, you can continue to manually shift into 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. They do sell something called a skip shift eliminator for $30.00 - I may look into having that installed. It also downshifts from 5th to 4th when you actually want 6th gear. Again, if you pause for a few seconds, you can shift manually. This feature is not popular and a real nuisance. As you should be aware, this is NOT a winter car. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, it will slide on wet pavement (rain) - especially since it is a manual trans, so you need to take it easy. Living in Michigan - there are still plenty of dry days to enjoy this car. The overall styling of this car is really attractive. The back seat has room for adults but it really is a two person car. Mt granddaughter (4) calls it Noni's "Hot Rod" and always begs for rides in it, but honestly, it is NOT a kid car. It weighs 4200 pounds and it does perform like the 70-72 Muscle cars. I just turned 60 and this is a car that you can appreciate and enjoy driving. I resist the urge to RACE because I surely don't need any speeding tickets at my age. It is definitely a "bucket list" car."

LUV MY CHALLENGER IN RED

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Performance, exterior, quiet, engine, controls"

Cons: "windshield doesn't have sunshade"

"I fell in loved in this car head over heels thought was the best sports muscle car ever been put on the road. It drives extremely fast on plenty of power have under the bolstered engine. Features are outstanding along car new exterior looks and have all books and records. Challenger has responsive handling...SXT Plus version I got was available in more features includes UCONNECT touchscreen navigation, Ventilated seats, Bluetooth, radio overall best in a excellent sound system. Love how it rides perfectly in a quiet (black metallic interior) there are too many things can be listed on Challenger. Every time I drive my handsome sports car reminds me of that old Chevy drove on some winding roads but now I'm driving a more upgraded high performance sports car its faster on those winding roads still travel like back doing old times. I never bought a Chrysler/Dodge vehicle before when saw this shining red Challenger SXT Plus off the highway at dealership it was calling me to drive off the lot now very happy owning and paid cash for my Challenger an Mopar sports car ever."

Love my car, could not be more pleased with her.

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Killer looks the Detonator Yellow RT Classic"

Cons: "Bit tough out the rear window really need to check"

"This is my Hot Rod toy and it is a ball driving her. Automatic cars are different, this one is fun with the performance options."

MY FIRST DODGE EVER. MOST AMAZING CAR I HAVE OWNE

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"I HAVE NEVER OWNED A DODGE BUT THE CHALLENGER CAME OUT AND I THOUGHT I HAD TO HAVE IT. I AM SO GLAD I DID. IT HAS NEVER HAD TO GO BACK TO THE DEALER EVER. HOWEVER, THERE IS A RECALL THAT JUST CAME OUT ON IT FOR THE TIMING COMPONENTS TO BE CHANGED. THIS KINDA SCARES ME BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE WRENCHING ON MY VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED THREE CORVETTES AND MANY OTHER MUSCLE CARS. NEVER HAVE I HAD ONE THAT I LOVED THIS MUCH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A CHALLENGER TO ANY AND ALL."

CAR YOU MUST DRIVE

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"ITS A TRUE MUSCLE CAR YOU MUST DRIVE!"

LOVE IT!! She is WICKED!!

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive mileage not too bad."

Cons: "Backing up hard to see, fit and finish of body."

"Love the 2014 Challenger I have. Had it over three months now with no problems other than she is a trooper magnet. They follow me around just waiting for me to do something! I get all the heads turning when I am out on the street, no tickets yet but it will happen. The 5.7 HEMI is powerful and it drives like a dream. DODGE got the retro look just right better than GM and FORD did with their cars. Would buy it all over again if I had too."

2010 stone whiteRT classic

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "great fun to drive and 25mpg on highway!!!"

Cons: "car is very formidable!"

"car is beautiful I have done oil analsis at my oil changes car has never seen weather! I have a Challenger car cover & challenger mopar floor mats along with Challenger script on door sills! Car is stock! also has sunroof!Dave"

I love my car!

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Mopar or No Car!"

"Looks fantastic, drives great, gets peoples attention everywhere"

Excellent car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Perfect"

"Absolutely flawless cat. Showroom condition"

Absolutely love this car!!!

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "love driving it!!"

"Tons of horsepower. Awesome look. I always get thumbs up from other drivers."

love it

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "blind spots hard to get in back seat"

"car can move but had to put an exhaust to make it sound better this car halls love it and the looks I get driving it."

Love my Challenger!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, reliable!"

Cons: "Back seat is usable, but not huge"

"I've had my 2011 Dogdge Challenger since it was new. I am not a car person, but this has been my fave car of all time. It's comfy for me, heated leather seats, reliable and SEXY. Would buy it all over again!"

best car for the money

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive will turn heads, lots of power V8"

Cons: "NONE"

"best car for the money, you can seat humans in the back seat, what other sport car can sat that, (NONE). lots of HP fast, great looking car will turn heads."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Hard to see backing up"

"Have had it for a month now. Great acceleration, looks good. Glad I selected it"

Looses Value to quickly

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, great retro look"

Cons: "needs more power, terrible resale value"

"A good car overall. I wasn't very impressed with the overall power and handling. The car is very comfortable, and in my opinion has the best retro looks on the market. The main reason for my review is because of the resale value. I have never had a sports car that lost value so quickly. My $51k car is 4 months old with just over two thousand miles on it and it is only worth $36k as a trade. For this reason I will not recommend this vehicle. Your better off investing your money into something that holds value better."

NICE!

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun ride at value pricing."

Cons: "No backup sensors"

"Nice simple great car with enough bells and whistles but also retro"

Loved this car since I first road in a 1970 T/A.

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

Pros: "40 years older but much much BETTER!!"

Cons: "It does like a bit of 93octane-NOCORN RECOMMENDED!"

"It was a Beauty, 340 Six Pack (carbs back then) 3 Holley 750 cfm double pumpers Black Fiberglass Hood with Stainless steel locking pins and a BIG Scoop. Hurst Short throw shifter and Sonic 15 inch tires. Had to run 9 psi in them to grab the pavement and take off like a rocket. I watched it eat up big blocks 383's, 427's and even the mighty 440 in a 69 Super Bee. That was true MOPAR Muscle. Why they didn't come back out in 2010 as a 40 yr revival instead of in 2008, didn't make sense. I waited for the 2010 and love the way it moves through the curves at 176 mph. Mine will bury the 180, but that was to show a guy who waited 10 yrs for that bad Z28 to come back. We ran three times on a hilly and curvy I-40 in TN. The Z28 could not hold pavement above 145 mph. When half his car was in the median. He gave up and I just hammered down for the heck of it. I love my SRT8 Challenger. It's a keeper. I got Viper Fever, look out 205 mph here I come!!"

Excellent example of a Modern American musclecar *

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "More traction"

"The Challenger does anything you want it to do. Hit the track, take it to the shows or take it grocery shopping. The one problem is I love the car so much I hate to put miles on it but every time I drive her I'm smiling! That's it, I'm going for a ride."