2008 Dodge Challenger

9.3

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

A THRILL TO DRIVE!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Very fast, handles well. Thrill to drive w/HEMI"

Cons: "Skip shift feature...nuisance."

"I bought this car because I wanted a classic car, but since I am a female, classic cars require reliable mechanics. I don't know any and did not necessarily want a project car. The comfort of the drivers seat was important to me as well, because I have had 2 back surgeries. The 2013 Challenger met my needs. I have the R/T, 5.7 Hemi, 6 spd manual. This car is amazing to drive. There is nothing like the thrill of feeling all that power under your feet. The car performs well and is very fast! There is only one disappointing feature; the car automatically takes you from first gear to 4th when traveling at the exact speed - its suppose to save you mpg's but I find it annoying. IF you pause, you can continue to manually shift into 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. They do sell something called a skip shift eliminator for $30.00 - I may look into having that installed. It also downshifts from 5th to 4th when you actually want 6th gear. Again, if you pause for a few seconds, you can shift manually. This feature is not popular and a real nuisance. As you should be aware, this is NOT a winter car. Since it is a rear wheel drive car, it will slide on wet pavement (rain) - especially since it is a manual trans, so you need to take it easy. Living in Michigan - there are still plenty of dry days to enjoy this car. The overall styling of this car is really attractive. The back seat has room for adults but it really is a two person car. Mt granddaughter (4) calls it Noni's "Hot Rod" and always begs for rides in it, but honestly, it is NOT a kid car. It weighs 4200 pounds and it does perform like the 70-72 Muscle cars. I just turned 60 and this is a car that you can appreciate and enjoy driving. I resist the urge to RACE because I surely don't need any speeding tickets at my age. It is definitely a "bucket list" car."

Superb styling, great value, fun to drive, fast

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Great price - $7400 below MSRP. Best car owned."

Cons: "Interior could be nicer, compared to 2015 models."

At car show, purple one on the right, next to cool '71 convertable Challenger.

"I've had my 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic in Plum Crazy Purple for almost two years. After adding a K&N filter kit and tuning it with a Diablo Sport inTune unit, it puts out 400 HP and 435 lb-ft of torque. 0-60 in under 5 seconds. It has the dark strips on the sides and the classic (Crager-style) wheels. I got it with all options except the top audio unit and the track pack. Everywhere I go people notice it, especially the color; it's phenomenal, probably the best color Chrysler has come up with. I've taken it to car shows with outstanding comments by people of all ages, men and women alike. Driving it is an unbelievable blast! I've wanted to get the '70 or '71 model when they came out but I was working my way through college with three kids and could afford one. When the new models came out in '08, I made up my mind to get one and finally my wife said in 2013, "Get one." If you want the best muscle/pony car you can get, forget the Camaro or Mustang -they're too ubiquitous, get the Challenger!"

At car show, purple one on the right, next to cool '71 convertable Challenger.

My weekend Bad Boy

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Has eveything I neede and wanted in a car"

Cons: "A little heavy on the weight"

"I drive this car usually on nice days, never rain or snow etc. It still has the power, the smooth ride, easy shifting, and comfort as it did when it was on the showroom floor. My challenger is dubbed "Mopar'd" I dont see very many like it, and ofcourse I always get the looks and compliments. From day 1 this car was amazing. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the fact that I got a limited edition type of styling, hence the above mentioned name. Overall I drive normal in it as to not lose control and possibly wreck it. Its always covered and garaged. Mostly this is my investment and so far its still worth more than I owe, yet a little less than what I paid. If you want a nice retro car that is fast enough and looks better than most this is the perfect choice."

It just can't get much better!

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Fair price, very fun to drive, 5.7 will go"

Cons: "Should have made the leather seats complete leathe"

"I own this 2013 Blacktop R/T Plus Challenger and don't have a single regret putting my investment into this car. I'm happy with my 5.7 Hemi but if I had just one second thought, it would possibly be having the 392 under the hood. Nothing against the 2015 revised models but, after looking at them and comparing the redone front and back end and the interior changes, I still like mine better. I have to rate her right at the top of the scale. Why take away the manual pistol grip style? To me, looking at the new interior it just looks cheaper to me, but to each, their own. It's the ONLY real retro vehicle that is so true to it's roots in 1970 bar none."

Most Fun car I've driven

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Endless power, good handling, supportive seats"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"Every time i drive this car I can't help but smile. A true revival and modernization of the Muscle Car!"

Chrysler did their homework

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Fast, smooth, roomy and a blast to drive"

Cons: "Dash above glove box sinks where the air bag is,"

"This car is one of the most amazing american cars to drive. We took this beast to Bar Harbor Maine from KC and it got 25.6 MPG on the hiway. That is excellent for a 2 ton 430 horsepower car. Fast, comfortable, shifts smooth with close ratio's. No wind buffeting, great view out the glass. Some people say the interior is cheap looking but the Camaro is far cheaper looking on the inside. The Mustang I can't even fit in and I'm only 6'1" at 220lbs. Absolutely sticks to the road and I mean it stops when you want it to. The performance gauges are fun to play with (1/8th mile, 1/4 mile times and so forth). The sound system is to die for with the Bostons and Kicker sub. Hard drive to download over 3000 songs and watch a DVD. Bluetooth also. The Navigation system also dials the phone for you when you are looking for hotels, restuarants in cities you have never been to."

Turns Heads! Love the looks

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "More room,comfort and not like anything else!"

Cons: "No easy rear passenger access from driver side."

"I purchased this car after driving the Camaro too. I absolutely love the exterior of both. What sold me was the interior.. I just couldn't get pass the "transformer" feel of the Camaro. Then I got into the Challenger with hand stitched leather with heated seats. I found the U-Connect system easy to navigate. My model included Navigation and Homelink systems, equally set up in minutes. It's roomy inside and the pin lights located above the door handles and in ceiling above headrests are a cool feature. I chose the Rallye over the RT, I get 305 HP when I want it as well as fuel economy for everyday driving. I just drove it in snow for the first time and the computerized stability and traction control work great! Just lighten up on take off or you just might find yourself in an unexpected doughnut. Ok! It was on purpose I couldn't help myself. For tall or big guys you will find yourself way enjoying driving this car ."

Great car, be careful with post-warranty quality

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Price, handling, exterior look, top end speed"

Cons: "Slightly above average acceleration, lifter issues"

"I bought this car with 37k miles on it. Beautiful red color, amazing interior design with 2-tone leather seats, room in the back for passengers. Interior buttons, dials and gauges are a bit unimpressive, more could be done here. I have the SE V-6, gas mileage is solid, gas tank is big for a coupe, 20 gallons. I have put a brand new Flowmaster Cat-Back dual-pipe exhaust kit on it to give it more flair and muscle, sounds amazing. However, the car has valve lifter issues, like many makes and models that have this SOHC V-6 engine. 3 valve lifters needed replacing right away upon purchase. Could be signs that the car was driven pretty rough before I got it, or could be coincidence. Knocking, tapping, flutter, etc. goes with cadence of the engine, so there is not a point where it is quiet. My advice is buy the car, it's amazing, but be aware that it is a sharp, fast looking car that previous owners may have driven like an idiot. Aside, from that, the handling is outstanding, the acceleration is decent and the top end speed is great. Fun car to drive. All this within a reasonable price."

A masterpiece.....

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"I am proud and happy owner of 2008 Dodge SRT 8 Challenger... It is a truly a awesome car...... Styling is more like 10 stars because Dodge nailed the old look and it much safer and more stable then the 70's ever were!!!!!! It is over a year old and it still stops traffic and causes near accidents on the road!!!!!!! On the road I get between 20-22 mph. Not a hybrid but for 4100 lbs racing car not bad either!!!! On the whole for the performace,style,safety and load carrying (it can hold 4 people good,plus a good load of suitcases). Challenger SRT 8 is hard to beat...... SRT 8 can be a better buy then a loaded Challenger RT,because the SRT has the Brimo Brakes which the RT does not... Brimo do a awesome job of stoping the car!"

awesome car

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"I have owned my 09 r/t for about a month now and I love it. I think that the r/t is a much better value then the srt/8 performance is about the same but there is a hugh difference in pricing. I think the overall performance of this car is great and I am averaging around 22 mpg with city/hwy driving, Plus the r/t gets a lifetime drivetrain warrenty and the srt dosen't. If you get are thinking of getting one it is well worth it. I would say you need to read blogs on the challenger to be sure you understand all the goodies it offers. there are only two things I don't care for one the exhaust is not aggreasive enough for me and the other is the automatic which i prefer is a little sluggish when it shifts and and it is hard to get use to, although I am considering getting an aftermarket tuner to tighten up the firmness. overall I love it and they are great to drive and a real head turner...brilliant black pearl crystal !"

awesome

By on Sunday, January 04, 2009

"I just broke her in and beleive me she really goes! Handles fantastic,accelerates great,throwing you back in the seat.23 mpg while cruising @ 65 mph, not bad for 425 horse power.Everyone looks at this car.draws a crowd when I stop for gas.I constantly get a thumbs up while driving. I always get compliments.Thank you DODGE ! It looks great next to my 73 Cuda."

hemi

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"The car has power, but disguised within a heavy shell. Seats are great.Engine great.I get almost 27 mpg on hwy. But 17 in city."

GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "The comfort is awesome, unlike a Mustang or Camero"

Cons: "None yet"

"Drives like a dream and has very good power. The ride is very comfortable."

A THRILL TO DRIVE!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Very fast, handles well. Thrill to drive w/HEMI"

Cons: "Skip shift feature...nuisance."

Turns heads everywhere I go

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "Good accelleration and corners fair."

Cons: "Blind spots in backing up."

"I had a Mazda Miata prior to this car. Bought it to get an automatic as I was having some leg issues. This car has been great. I have driven it on the hiway from Dallas to San Antonio, to Houston and up to Kansas City over the past year. Gets about 25-26 on the highway but only about 17 in town. My only complaint is the blind spots the car has in backing up. It is hard for me to turn around and so I have to really rely on mirrors."

Best I've owned.

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "High fidelity to the originals."

Cons: "Cleaning other peoples drool and fingerprints."

"Went with the R/T for real world drivability after initially setting out looking for the SRT. The R/T was 1 inch higher, and came with the one of the last lifetime warranties on this pre-Fiat series. I disagree with the critics bashing the cornering, although I did opt for the track-pack. I am a highly trained driver, and have driven much more expensive cars. No, this is not a sports car and is not intended to be, but it is solid and predictable in corners and ranks right up there with European sports sedans. Quality is excellent for the price, only dinged by light orange-peel in the clear-coat. The environmentally friendlier paints chip easily, but I did not blame that government mandate on Chrysler. I expected and am happy with the performance, it fits 4 tall adults comfortably on long trips, 5 in a pinch for a shorter trip. I get up to 27mpg with my 6-speed without feeling like I am hypermileing. Oil changes are an easy DOI project. In short, glad I got it, plan on keeping it, love to drive it. Makes me feel like a star with all the people who approach to comment on it."

Leaves You Wanting More But......

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Stands Out from the Crowd"

Cons: "A little Expensive, Some features outdated"

"I own a 2013 Challenger R/T Classic. It wAs a downgrade from the Challenger SRT8 I owned before it. But not in every way. The R/T Classic is more well equipped, better sound system, more convenience features, better gas mileage, better ride quality, But that's all in comparison to another vehicle. Alone, The Challenger R/T is a very fun car to own! Even though it weighs 4300 pounds, the 5.7 Hemi Gets the Chally GOING. Its a very spirited car but some times you will find yourself wishing it had slightly more power, or that the power at hand could get to the pavement a little better. The challenger will ALWAYS turn heads, especially if you choose one of dodges awesome throwback colors such as hemi orango, torred, or like my model, plum crazy purple. So if you're looking for a car that is a good every day driver sports car that has a little more zip than average, the Challenger R/T is the one for you! a couple negatives.. the navigation is a little outdated, better systems are found on the charger R/T (basicallly a 4 door challenger). The brake package isn't one i'd recommend for the power the car can produce, and the steering wheel blocks the speedometer some times depending how its positioned. I'd recommend this car!"

I Love This Car!!!

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, more power than you can ever use!"

Cons: "bad blind spot"

"I have driven and owned many cars over the years. I have NEVER driven a car like this; it is amzing! Not only does it have more muscle than it can ever use anywhere but maybe on a NASCAR track but it is so much fun to drive. The only problem I have is that where I live the roads are normally so congested that it is frustrating to drive it sometimes sitting in traffic. I have never owned a car that people constantky are taking pictures of wherever I go."

Very well equipped, fun to drive.

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "roomy, fun to drive, power, well equiped"

"Though the SE is the base model, to me, it's very well equipped. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room. Power from the 3.6 L engine is pretty good. The ride is excellent and quiet. The car looks great and get more compliments than any other car I've owned. The keyless entry/start system is great."

The best bang for your buck

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Price to Power ratio."

Cons: "None so far"

"SRT8, an awesome, comfortable modern day muscle car. 6 speed trans is awesome, 6.4 Hemi sweet. Cant go wrong with this combo."

What a Ride! Cat Back Muffler System Sounds Great

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

"Detroit Black Top Edition, Dodge Hit It right on the nose!! I love this car!, turns heads everywhere i go!. I have found myself running faster than the posted speed limit many times. 6 speed manual trans is flawless,interior looks great!,Paint job is flawless,love the interior lighting!. I would buy another."

Great car for the money, curb appeal is amazing!

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Look and curb appeal, gas mileage"

Cons: "Cloth seats and steering wheel are uncomfortable"

"Great build quality and the fit and finish are impressive for an american car. Paint quality is very nice and the interior is roomy and laid our smart. The cloth seats and the steering wheel are my biggest complaints, both are uncomfortable. The V-6 is adequate but the gas mileage is great for such a heavy car. The looks are amazing and I get smiles everywhere I go. For a few hundred dollars I added stripes and dual exhaust to really improve its overall appearance."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, so cool, fast, comfortable"

Cons: "Prices are a little higher than Mustangs/Camaros"

"I've owned 2 doz. cars; many muscle/sports cars. This is hands down the best car I've ever owned. It is a real head turner! Very comfortable and a daily driver. The perfect muscle car for a baby boomer. No problems until 50k miles; and those problems were covered under warranty. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. A great car!"

The best purchase I have ever made!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "FUN to drive and talk to EVERYONE who sees it!"

Cons: "Limited sight for parking and backing up."

Waiting to go for a cruise!

"I bought this car used 3 months ago. I had been looking since they came out in 2008. I bought a 2009 R/T in the Deep Water Blue Pearl. In the current trim (every SRT option but the engine) there were only 450 made. I am 6'5, 250 lbs. and I fit in this car with room to spare. The look, ride and feel of this car is absolutely awesome. With the fuel efficient 16 spark plug Hemi, I get between 19 and 23 miles per gallon. The ONLY bad thing is limited visibility which just makes parking and backing up a little slower. Everywhere I go I have to allow extra time. Whether it is letting people take pictures or just talking when I have people gathered around it when coming out of the grocery store. I call it my happy car. Whether you are driving it, sitting in it, or looking at it, you have an ear to ear smile! With the retro looks and the modern technology, this will be a forever keep car!"

Waiting to go for a cruise!

Very nice car

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "great all around car"

Cons: "wide B piller,"

"Dodge has improved alot since the 90's. Car is very reliable and comfortable to drive short and long distances. V6 is smooth and has good go power. I get 27 mpg with mostly highway driving, but in 50/50 hwy/city driving 24 mpg. I have the "G" package, which included fog lights, 18" tires, leather shifter knob and steering wheel. **Recommend New Ralley package, if you buy new."