2005 Dodge Caravan Passenger

7.2

Based on 359 Ratings for the 2001 - 2008 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10

Perfect Family Van!

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Versatile, roomy, easy on the eyes"

Cons: "Devours brakes, depreciates like stink"

"My parents bought our 2006 Dodge Caravan SE brand new and never experienced any problems with it. The van runs well, but has a propensity to gobble up brakes like crazy. It's a shame Dodge killed off this van because it represents a huge value for the customers' money. I know many websites bash this van for its cheapness and total lack of reliability, and I understand what they're going at. This van isn't a luxury car (if you want that get a loaded-up Chrysler T&C), but it was never meant to be one. It is a mildly-rugged (or that's what the black plastic bumpers imply) utility van/family carry-all, which is a role this van fulfills perfectly. There are many good things about this particular car: its seven cup holders (one for each passenger), many storage cubbys, and roominess, for example. There are, however, some issues with this minivan, however. It's fuel consumption isn't Priuslike at all; it sucks down a gallon of gas every 17 miles or so. Be prepared to buy brakes a little more frequently than you would for some other cars, but many cars have this problem. One little caveat with ours is that the fuse in the driver's power window breaks a little more often than we would like, but the replacement is only $5 or so and it lasts for over a year or two. Reliability? In general these vans and their Chrysler siblings have terrible issues (heck, our last van was a 2004 Chrysler Town and Country which was trash-tastic), but our trusty Dodge has exhibited zero issues and will be in our service for many years to come. The last thing that we Caravan owners loathe is the depreciation hit our vans take. Ours only has 43,000 miles and is nearly like-new condition, but it's worth a measly $3500, a fifth of its original MSRP. In conclusion, this van is perfect for those with families to taxi around and stuff to haul. These vans are a good value for your money, cheap to insure, and simple to operate. I would definitely recommend this entire generation of Caravans."

Excellent car with no problems

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "Great car especially for large families"

Cons: "no cons"

"We have a 2006 Dodge Chrysler minivan with no scratches or dents; and even smells new. This model year car was owned by Mercedes Corp. and handles differently when turning. You can feel that it is a much better car than other Dodge minivans since other companies have owned Chrysler since 2006. We do not plan on selling this car for a long time. We have less than 9,000 miles on it."

Love this van but need a conversion van for my son

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Very easy to drive. Great power, good gas mileage"

"Hydraulic lift in rear for power chair (not with passenger in chair). Have long seat installed and short seat is stored."

This is a mobility van. Quite useful.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"This car fits all my needs. It is a mobility van."

average vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"dependable, and plain"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Caravan Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals