2000 Dodge Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 228 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Biggest problem with these cars is rusting.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Great people hauler"

Cons: "Too prone to severe rusting"

"The biggest problem with these vans is rusting. They all seem to rust in the same areas; rear rocker panels, sliding doors, rear wheel wells and strut towers. The only major repair I have had to do to this van was overhauling the transmission. If you can find one that is rust free, buy it. Try to find models with the Stow 'N Go seating, they make great vacation transportation."

WOULD NEVER BUY THIS CAR AGAIN

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "EVERYTHING WILL GO WRONG WITH THIS CAR DON'T BUY"

"When I first bought this car it was ok did the general maintenance oil, tune up etc. 2 months after driving it my water pump went out and when I had this repaired I found out my needed new brakes, tie rod, calipers, etc. fixed the above and then not more then my hose went out paid $300.00 to repair a $6.00 hose. Then my hub bearings needed to be repaired the shop tried to charge me $300.00 I bought a new one and paid $50.00 to replace it then after only driving it to work 25 miles per day my trans sensors and battery light came on amaco trans place tried to charge me 3000.00 to replace trans only needed sensors replaced after I bought a new battery got the engine light on and now the alternator needed to be replaced and abs sys this car has been a pure nightmare never will buy a DODGE AGAIN IF YOU SEE A DODGE F0R SALE DODGE THE NIGHTMARE AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"

What a Great VAN to travel in.

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "great freeway mileage for those long trips."

Cons: "need a bit more head room and leg room"

"I have hauled, pulled, slept and sat many a day in my Dodge Caravan. I have recently traveled to Pocatello, Idaho and to Green River, Wyoming. I am really impressed with the mileage I got going with the wind turbulence. When I seen that I was getting 572 miles per the tank on the freeway oh how could I not be impressed. That is 35.75 MPG. This is the best van yet for long distance loaded going with the wind. It took only 1 full and two half fill ups to get to Pocatello,ID and from there not even a full tank to go farther on to Green River, WY. The only thing I had recently done before I left Port Orchard, WA was to buy two new tires on the rear (the front had two new tires from in June) and change the oil. I added turbo charge at each fill up. It did not overheat or burn any oil on this trip. I have owned this vehicle for three years I have yet to change the plugs now after a trip like this I should do that as well as change the wires and oil again. Way to go Dodge what a great thing you have done to the way people drive..now lets talk about rolling on..."

has brand new transmission

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "everything else good for a 1999"

Cons: "needs brakes, radiator ,a/c repair"

"this van needs brakes, radiator, a/c repair everything good for a 1999"

old dependable

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"This is one of the best cars we have ever owned! Reliable, comfortable to drive, good turning base, no major problems!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Caravan Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals