1997 Dodge Caravan Passenger

7.5

Based on 236 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

never wanted a minivan....

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"I got this minivan when my mom past away several years ago. Because I didn't really want a van, I have roade this van hard. We have a 2003 Cadilac and a 2000 Lincoln towncar and we always take the van! She always goes and has not gave us a single problem! Two things about these vans are: The brakes have to be replaced frequently.(my husband says because I drive too fast) and secondly, we lost our hubcaps early on and I refuse to pay mopar 120$ a piece for a plastic cover! Cheap caps don't work and I have even had the guy put them on at the store for me! other than that it runs great and the air is way way cold!"

Really Great Van

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "easy drive, lots of room"

Cons: "3rd row has little leg room, very litte trunk spac"

"I love this van. The owner before me took immaculate car of it. I have had no issues with this van other then the Multifunction switch which controls the blinkers and the windshield wipers malfunctioning and the blinkers only working some of the time. Replaced it and the new switch went out after about 5wks also... I do recommend this van HIGHLY especially when you have kids and kids in carseats. One suggestion is to get a security system of some sort like lojack, because this is a VERY VERY common vehicle to steal(#2 in Michigan!! out of the top 10 list, 8 are dodge caravans!!!). The only reason I don't have mine anymore is because it was stolen! The back seats come out so it is a common choice for thieves. 198900mi and it was still going amazingly. Drive was smooth, turning was awesome and it was still awesome at accelerating and handled fantasticly on the highway!"

3 BAD TRANSMISSIONS

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Just had 3rd transmission give out. Electrical problems. Dodge knows the transmission is bad in these until 2000 when chrysler actually began building there own transmission. Just ask any towing service about pre 2000 caravans and there transmissioins."

this van has been so reliable

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "just a great car ,can pack alot of peopl in it too"

Cons: "keep having issues with the horn had it fixed twic"

"this van was bought on the spare of the moment when my son was in the hospital .I bought it used to get him home .did not pre drive it .it has been the best purchase i have ever made .just turned over 200.000 and still runs great no leaks no noises no problems ,just had the oil changed and transmission fluid changed I will keep it until it desides to leave me .cant see that being anytime soon"

Sorry to see it go

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"I drove my 2000 mini van for over nine years until my first born totaled it last week. I raised my two kids in it from booster seat to driver's permit. Besides the usual maintenance and a few costly repairs (air conditioner, water pump, steering, etc.) it was overall a great car. Despite its age I got an amazing 27 mpg on the highway. Unfortunately they don't make the shorter and simpler version of this car anymore. I would by another one on the spot. The engine was still running great at 155,000miles. However it started rusting heavily this past year. But then, this is Western New York weather."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Caravan Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals