2012 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 716 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Versatile, reliable, and safe!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"I bought my caliber in 2007 with 14 miles on it. Now, in 2012, it has a little over 119,000 miles. Great versatility with the drop down speakers off the back hatch, both the back and front seat(s) fold down and with a wide range of repositioning options. We have enjoyed this car. I wish it was a little bit bigger, but I enjoy the size in an overcrowded parking lot and having the small turn radius when needed. I would suggest this car to anyone looking for safety as well. We have been lucky enough to have been in two accidents- none of us were injured mainly due to the solid frame and stability of the vehicle. We have also yet to have any major issues mechanically with the vehicle- just regular maintenance needed. Again, great car, our family is simply growing and must upgrade to a larger vehicle."

Fair Value

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"Bought this 2007 in 2008 have 60k on it now. It gets 30-33 mpg with an average of 28 mpg, the fuel tank needs to be bigger than 13.5 gals, does have a blind spot on driver side, great for mountain driving, good city car, has neat little storage, My biggest complaint is the noise that comes from the wheel wells. I would give this car to my daughter, but she is four years away from driving. Would have way too many miles on it by then. paid 14,k list now for 7k"

Great car for the money!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Alot of extras for a car of this price range."

Cons: "????????"

"I bought this car 3 years ago, and I enjoy driving it. There were a few bad reviews on this vehicle because of road noise and a few others. You can't go by all the reviews, because some people aren't happy with anything. It's a 10000 car. test drive one and if you like it buy it. No matter what car you buy, you'll find something negative about it somewhere. my wife bought a new Elantra, would i buy one instead of this caliber, no. It's still a 10000 car!! It handles nice , I feel safe in it and it's easy to drive. Good car for the money.."

You get what you pay for...

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"I owned the SXT Caliber with the CVT automatic transmission. First with the good; The car looks nice and drives well. I liked the tan interior because it looked stylish and was easy to maintain. The exterior has an aggressive look to it and overall is very nice. In addition, the upgraded sound system was excellent. The car would drive well in windy conditions even though it is so small. However, these good features were heavily weighed down with poor quality and mpg. Being such a small vehicle, one would expect it to easily reach 30mpg + on the freeway. In the contrary, it averaged 22-25 mpg at best. Even though it was extensively maintained with new sparkplugs, airfilter, synthetic oil...etc. My 2008 Corolla S, which is also an automatic, gets consistently 35-40mpg on the freeway doing 75mph. In addition, the front end went bad after only 60k miles, which is a costly repair. This seems to be a common problem with these vehicles. All in all, this vehicle should be getting mpg's well in the 30's for its size and comparable vehicles and be of better quality. I do not recommend this vehicle because for a little more money, you can buy a corolla or civic that will save you on gas and repairs in the long run."

High Caliber

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I have had a Caliber R/T for nearly 1 year, and think it is a great value car for the price. It's styling is good, it's comfortable in the front and back, and very reliable so far. It handles well in the ice and snow, and you get good visibility as you sit higher than in a sedan. The back seats pack down flat for easy loading. The only thing I didn't like when I bought it was the lack of choice for interior colors."

Best bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Ok It's not a Hybred. and don't compare to Honda & Toyota. Consider the sticker price. It's at least five Thousand less, than their basic vehicles. I average twenty five mpg on overall driving 60 percent highway 40 city. It's very comfortable for a small car. This car does have the V.V.T. auto transmission. Fun car to drive very peppy for a multi valve 2.0 four. Great starter car or a second vehicle as for me. This vehicle does have a lot of amenities for the dollar."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This is an amazing car, very fun to drive, has been very dependable, and it's an affordable performance car. It has tunred out to be one of by favorite vehicles ever."

Great Success!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Its nice, affordable, looks as aggressive as a wagon can, and is very functional all around. I drove 4 friends to a concert in Tucson and it was comfortable and good on gas. I like the ground clearance although I would prefer larger tires for a less bouncy ride at high speeds. At low speeds it is smooth and comfortable, much better then my last car, a nissan. The interior design is "Key" it looks more expensive then cars 5 to 10 thousand more although it has alot of plastic but every new car does. So far I have folded down the seats and delivered a fairly large coffee table set with two people in the car as well as gone to several concerts with a drumset and or 2 half stacks and various guitar equipment. I needed a car that could carry stuff but I also wanted better mileage then my nissan frontier and I wanted to be able to carry 4 or 5 people comfortably. I can do all 3 for cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, and one of the best looking new cars for the price hands down. I'm also getting a tow hitch installed and I intend on taking the Caliber on tour with my band and a small trailer. The only complaint I have with this car is a lower quality paint job. Make sure you don't pay more then 13,000 for a base model, if they say its more their lying, I have one with A/C, Cd player, airbags, window tint, door edge guards and more for slightly under 13(stickshift of course). I'm so content with never owning a nissan again."

I've owned this car for 3 years and still love it!

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, light up cup holders"

Cons: "no hatch release on key fob"

"My husband is a wheelchair bound paraplegic so we were looking for a vehicle that didn't sit too high he could not transfer into it from his wheelchair, but that also offered enough room for our family and his wheelchair. I bought my Caliber in 2011 (almost new) with 17,000 because it had been the dealer's car. I fell in love with the outside design online, and after simply sitting behind the wheel for my test drive I knew this was my car. Everything is well laid out inside for the driver, and I loved all of the upgrades that were included in the price. I have had this car for almost 3 years now and it is still as fun to drive as my initial test drive. The engine has some spunk (enough to beat other drivers off the line at red lights, which my husband loves) and the car has enough room for all of our needs. My only gripes about this vehicle (which are very minor) is that the headlights come on whenever the car is unlocked, and there is no button on the key fob to open the hatch. Both are very minor issues though and do not hinder my daily activity. I love this car, the gas mileage, and it's overall performance. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the crossover without the high price tag."

Biggest mistake in buying this car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reason: Horrible Car

Pros: "The outside design of the car."

Cons: "The entire car!"

"Absolutley the biggest mistake I have ever made was buying this car. I bought a 2007 with 23,ooo miles on it and payed a decent price for it. I opted to get the extended warranty and it's a good thing. Without the warranty in an 18 month span of time I would of spent appronimatley 6 to 7 thousand dollars on repairs and towing fees. Flatbedded 6 times in less than a year. 1. Release broke and couldn't shift out of park. Stuck at gas station for 4 hours with the clerk yelling at me. Flatbedded 2. Failed Inspection.. Inner and outer tie rods. 3. Drivers side Lower control arm. 4. Failed Inspection...Ball joints replaced. 5. Alternator went.. Flatbedded 6. Battery went.. (ok this one was ok with me but still) 7. Starter ... Flatbedded 8. Axel... Flatbedded 9. Steerig Column issues. By the time I traded this car in I had pretty much replaced the entire front end. And this is just what I remember replacing in it. Dodge told me it was because of "winter" road conditions!"