2012 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 704 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

First Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Good vehicle for traveling"

Great car

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I've owned this vehicle for 16 months and have driven it over 25,000 miles. I have been all over the country, including 2 trips to Colorado. In my opinion it performed well at high altitiudes and while it could use a bit more power it never faltered. Normal driving I have averaged about 31 mpg, with the lowest being 27 in town. Comfort wise it's fine, I'm 6'4" and weigh 250 lbs. and have no problems. If I had to complain about something it would be road noise. It seems a bit loud but nothing one can't adjust to. I would buy another one tomorrow if the need arose."

love it

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I really love my caliber. Its sporty and family together. My kids love it as well. Couldnt be happier."

No power here

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I loved the look of this car so much, and bought it based on a small test drive. Interior room is great for me (6'2"). But... this car has absolutely NO power whatsoever. Well, I take that back: by the time you get to 3000 RPMs it is adequate. But it takes forever to get it up. Now I'm not amuscle head looking to blow from 0-60 in 2 seconds, but I would like to go up a small hill without having to shift all the way down to 2nd gear! And you have to pick your spots when passing on the highway. Just no response to hitting the gas... As others have stated, vision out of the rear of the car is very poor. I get lots of nice comments from people on my car, but find myself muttering to myself "if you only knew." Over-all I really wanna give this car a good grade, because I really want to love it, but I'm afraid I can't. My advice: take it for a very thorough test drive. Try passing some people on the highway, and go up a steep hill. Put the limited rear visibility to the test. If you can live with what you see from these two key areas, then buy it, otherwise keep looking..."

Holds up great in crash!!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I owned my 07 caliber for 3 months before i wrecked it. Sad, i know. Doing about 50mph i was looking down and hit a stopped vehicle in front of me. My airbags and bolster bags came out and bruised my legs somewhat but my car held up beautifully! The damage wasn't cheap to fix but hitting some one that hard and walking away with a little bruise is amazing. As for the taurus i hit, well, it didn't hold up at all- almost looked like i ran over him. If anyone had been in the back seat of the other vehicle they would have been seriously injured. I tested the AWD in a muddy field going up hill and it handled great- i was so proud. Love this car- so glad i bought it!!"