2012 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 668 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Poorly designed and poorly built vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "good engine transmission"

Cons: "poor design, mechanical problems"

"This is a poorly designed and poorly built vehicle. I drive it very conservatively, but it has had several suspension problems and other mechanical problems with under 60k miles on the vehicle. It is uncomfortable, noisey, and does not ride well. The engine and transmission have not had any issues, but for a small car I expected to get 30 mpg and do not. I like the look of the car, but it is very basic transportation at best."

Poorly designed and poorly built vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "good engine transmission"

Cons: "poor design, mechanical problems"

Car has no redeeming qualities...not even a decent

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "better than walking"

Cons: "no radio, no floor mats no pick up stals at traff"

"Do not buy this car,,, has no redeeming qualities not even a decent radio. Bought it after having no sleep and payed more than kbb value for it. The only thing about this vehicle is that it is better than walking."

Awesome everything!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, ok price, amazing sound, fast"

Cons: "none I can think of"

The day I drove it off the lot

"I've had this car for two years now and I love it. It's fast, with good gas mileage, awesome sound system, and looks great. The only thing I would change is my driving record after purchasing this car."

The day I drove it off the lot

excellent condition

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive easy to park"

Cons: "road noise"

"drives great, looks great, fuel efficient"

worst car ever

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"Terrible car. Horrible quality. Everything that can go wrong will"

Nice vehicle

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Drives good"

Cons: "Road noise inside. Too loud."

"I like this car,love the looks. Side A/C vents could be in a better place. Lots of road noise. That's the least favorite thing about it."

Happy With It For 7 Years

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, comfortable, sporty"

Cons: "None, really!"

"I've had my caliber for 7 years and am extremely happy with it. I've kept up with my oil changes and your basic maintenance. Other than that, nothing major has gone wrong with it!!!!!"

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "extremely comfortable ride, fun to drive, reliable"

"I just bought this car a week or so ago and it is very easy to drive and extremely comfortable on long drives. It's interior design is clean and stylish. I feel safe driving with my kids in it, also. It's an overall great vehicle. I'm really enjoying owning this vehicle!"

Money Pit! Do NOT buy one!

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Warms up nice, Roomy. Nice fold down rear seats!"

Cons: "HUGE BLIND SPOTS, BAD SUSPENTION, NO parts!"

"We bought this car in 2008 and it begin to have SUSPENSION TROUBLE about a year later, and it has been NON STOP! It is a good thing we bought the extended warranty! I highly recommend it if you are gonna buy this car! We basically have replaced the entire suspension. Now we are starting to have trouble with the THROTTLE ASSEMBLY AND ACTUATOR...We just found out that it COULD BE AS MUCH AS 6 MONTHS BEFORE WE CAN GET IT REPLACED, because there are NONE! Yup that is right!!! 1,500 THROTTLE ASSEMBLIES ON BACK ORDER!!!! AND THE COMPANY HAS NO PLANS TO MAKE THE PART AT THE MOMENT. There are NONE to be found in the United States new or used! So we are just out of luck! Also the car has HUGE blind spots in the rear sides. We owe more then it is worth at this point, can't wait to get rid of it!!!"

Nice comfortable, quiet ride with good cargo space

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"We've had this car for three years and have done lots of long distance driving. This car is great for long distance driving because of the very comfortable front seats. We've had no leg fatigue, which I can't say didn't happen in some of our other cars. It has had a mostly quiet ride ever since we replaced the original tires with quieter radials. The engine is quiet. I like the cargo space in the hatchback trunk, and the versatility with flattening the seats. The worst aspect of this car is the lack of pep when starting from a stop. The fuel economy is OK and averages 25mpg city driving and 29 mpg highway."

I love this car.

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, great sound system"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Great compact car with an excellent sound system. Sporty looking in the sunburst orange color with black leather interior. I have never had any issues with this car. I bought it brand new (single owner), high mileage is all from freeway miles (work to home radius is 110 miles). Added window rain guards and chrome door handles which look great with the big chrome rims."

BUILT TOO CHEAP!!!!!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "rides nice easier to get in&out than regular car."

Cons: "built very cheaply!!!!!!!not durable"

"Have this car for 4 years and have already stuck almost $5,000 into it. They are built way to cheap. None of the driving suspension holds up. Replaced both front rocker arms, strutts, bearings, links in front, rear latteral links and thermostats just to name a few.STAY AWAY FROM THESE CARS.You just wind up throwing your money away."

I've owned this car for 3 years and still love it!

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, light up cup holders"

Cons: "no hatch release on key fob"

"My husband is a wheelchair bound paraplegic so we were looking for a vehicle that didn't sit too high he could not transfer into it from his wheelchair, but that also offered enough room for our family and his wheelchair. I bought my Caliber in 2011 (almost new) with 17,000 because it had been the dealer's car. I fell in love with the outside design online, and after simply sitting behind the wheel for my test drive I knew this was my car. Everything is well laid out inside for the driver, and I loved all of the upgrades that were included in the price. I have had this car for almost 3 years now and it is still as fun to drive as my initial test drive. The engine has some spunk (enough to beat other drivers off the line at red lights, which my husband loves) and the car has enough room for all of our needs. My only gripes about this vehicle (which are very minor) is that the headlights come on whenever the car is unlocked, and there is no button on the key fob to open the hatch. Both are very minor issues though and do not hinder my daily activity. I love this car, the gas mileage, and it's overall performance. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the crossover without the high price tag."

Love my caliber!!!!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "reasonable price, bells and whistles and comfort"

"I love my caliber! It is comfortable, reasonable on fuel, and I love the remote key start. Another plus is the heated seats and satelite radio. I am very pleased with my purchase."

Wish it had more options, but love it

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

"awesome car"

Don't waste your money.

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Decent gas mileage"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I bought a 2009 Dodge Caliber (used) in September 2012. It started giving me minor issues in October 2012, again in January 2013 and now, November 2013. I wish I would've read more reviews about this car... Granted, it hasn't left me stranded on the side of the road (yet), but I think that's where it's headed. For the amount this car is actually worth, it'd be stupid for me to dump a whole lot of $$ into it. Therefore, almost exactly one year later, I'll be getting rid of this car!"

HOT SUMMER

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "MP3 auxillary slot"

Cons: "transmission, gas milage, blind spots"

"I bought this car in 2010 with 90000 miles. This car has been a nightmare. Because we bought it in fall we didn't notice this problem until the next summer. If the temprature is above 35 degrees, the transmission fluid heats up and the car starts to whine and slows down. At one point it went so slow that I was afraid. I live near freeways that averages 75 MPH (not what we are supposed to do but you will get run over if you go slower). In the summer, I can't drop my children off at school and then make it to work in this car. When I reported this to Dodge, I haven't heard back from them yet. DON'T BUY THIS CAR! YOU WILL BE SORRY! This also made your gas milage go down."

Bought new from dealer off the truck

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "great mpg"

Cons: "needs a better interior"

"I bought this car in 2006 straight off the truck from the plant. My father worked for Chrysler, so I was able to get a decent discount on the overall price. If it wasn't for that, I don't think that I would have bought the car at the time. I have the SXT and ended up with a $23,000 car loan at the time. The car does run great, though. In the 7 years that I have owned the car I have only had two issues with it. One was pretty major. I was going down the highway and it essentially blew up. Had to get the compressor, alternator, battery and something else (cant remember) replaced. The dealer called it a complete failure of the system. The other issue were brakes and that was my fault. I have only changed the brakes once in the cars life. I went longer than I should have, but they still lasted a very long time and was very pleased with it. the interior of the car is ok. It's some kind of weird plastic. Very hard to clean since it is molded with a design. Still it is pretty durable stuff. I got and still get great gas mileage from the car. I usually average around 28mpg. Not too bad for the time I bought it and still not bad for the price you will pay. Even with the things I listed as being on the downside, I love the car. It has served me extremely well and would recommend it."

More issues as it gets older

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Price, storage, cargo room"

Cons: "repairs, poor suspension&basic int. &blind spots"

"I bought this car used for 12K in 2011 with 36,000 miles on it... i thought that i was getting a good deal. However, it is now starting to have problems. I've had many mechanics tell me it is a terrible designed car. There are many blind spots while driving. The interior is all hard plastic. The CVT transmission is made by Japco, a company that supplies transmissions for Nissan, and the 2.0 liter with very little horsepower is made by Mitsubishi. The base model, the SE, only comes with crank windows and manual locks, but has an MP3 jack? Recently, ive had to replace the right front Strut mount, the left front is starting to go out, and last week my car was in the shop for 4 days because the sway bar and both sway bar links had to be replaced. Advice- do not get the CVT, it is really jumpy, especially when it is hot outside. Yes, the car is priced very low, but it comes with the baggage. Be prepared for repair costs, and things like the Strut mount has to come from dodge itsself, not from your local Napa or advance auto. One good thing about the car- storage. we fit an elecric dryer on its side in the back with the seats down."

Great Car w/ glove box refrigerator

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, ice cold ac, refrigerator"

Cons: "none and ive hand the car 2 years"

"I bought my 2010 caliber in the beginning of 2012. I love this car. Rides smooth and get great gas millage. 20 bucks will last me all week and with a 26 mile round trip for work. Once I started reading threw the manual I learned that glove box had a switch that flips and bam. U virtually have a refrigerator in your car. Once the switch is flipped the ac blows into the top part of the glove box where there are slots for your bottles or cans. The ice cold ac, the household plug in the center consul, and the back dome light that pops out and turns into a flash light all come in handy along with the back seats the recline and fold down behind the front seats for cargo storage. Love the car. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something suv like with out the gas bill and added digits to the price tag"

Check out the competition before buying!

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Great sound system, very versatile, good looks."

Cons: "CVT, ride & interior quality, sub-par reliability."

"The Caliber has just been an "ok" car so far. Throughout the 2.5 years I've had it, I've put about $1500 into it. I bought it with 74K miles on it and have replaced the fuel pump and alternator (both at about 95K miles) and a ball joint, lower control arm, a few lights and brakes. Not ideal, but overall it seems to be just wear and tear. Though, both Hondas I've had never had these issues at the same mileage. Just a thought. After driving this car, I think it's safe to say I will not be buying another Dodge. The competition simply builds better cars."

Great car. Easy to maintain.

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to maintain."

"Great car. Good gas mileage. I finally had to change the original battery last month. The same with the tires."

brakes down all the time

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "cheap on gas"

Cons: "needs new tran at 60000miles"

"dodge say nobody has had the same thing go out on their car as we have"

Very good car never let me down or stranded.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "fit finish no rust relibility."

Cons: "Lower Control arms."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

"The only drawback was the control arms. The rubber did not stick causing premature failure. Once I bought the redesigned control arms no more trouble. At 95000 had just done normal things brakes rotors battery alternator. From my point of view good auto. Fit and finish was above average no rust and I did do a lot of snow driving. Went through the snow like a beast. I could go when everyone else was stuck."

2007 Dodge Caliber.