2011 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 741 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"This is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned. Since I bought it, back when they first released it, I have had the "variable" transmission go out 3 times among many other problems. No wonder they offered a lifetime power train warranty, they knew this car had major issues from the start. What's worse is they are getting rid of the lifetime power train on new models. Beware of this car."

Best Kept secret around!

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I love my SXT! It's got every bit of the comfort and pick up and go that my Taurus had with it's 6 cylinders. They sure don't make 4 cylinder like they used to! This car has attitude. It's easy to clean and has many little features that tell you this one was pretty well thought out. I like the lighted cup holders and the 'frig' glove box. Nice on a hot day. Lots of leg room and head room. The high profile doors make you feel snug and protected. The sporty dash illuminates like an old Sylvania TV-very soft on the eyes at night. I was looking at Vibes and Vues and was not sold at first, but now I am glad I decided on this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Love this vehicle. Very comfortable. Live in mountain area & it has plenty of power. Great gas mileage. Traded in Jeep Liberty for this & am very pleased. Doubled the gas mileage. Only one complaint & that is the seat doesn't adjust up & down."

Great little car

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"This car has been reliable and fun to drive. I've never had a problem with it. It's easy to get around in small spots and parking is never a problem. I highly recommend this car. A great value."

Love mine!

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"I've had my Caliber SXT for just over two years and have been very happy with it. The gas mileage during summer months when I have to use the A/C is only about 22mpg, but the rest of the year it's much higher and I've gotten up to 32mpg on road trips. I had a Honda Civic prior to this and much to my surprise, the gas mileage isn't really any different. This is very roomy and has some great little features you don't find with other vehicles."

horrible!

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"I have the 5 spd and it also has the heated seats... I was promised great fuel milage (the only reason I was considering a new car) was told 28 - 32 mpg... What a joke! I avg 24 on the high end. When I am traveling at 70 mph the tac is sitting at 3200 rpms in 5th gear.I have had it in the shop 6 diff times. I can not wait to unload this junk on some one else! DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE"

Stick Shifty

By on Friday, February 20, 2009

"Bought this car just nine months ago, after deliberating weeks. I have had exclusively Hondas since 1978 and wanted to test the American market. Foolish move. My '95 Honda Civic had 245,000 miles on original clutch. This Caliber lost third gear in under 13,000 miles! The fit and finish is cheap and the front and rear light housings leak, causing annoying condensation. And I find the rear wheel wells rob the cargo area of a lot of space. Plusses are the little storage areas all over the place and the seat height."

Nice Vehicle for Price

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I purchased my Caliber shortly after they came out and I have been pleased overall. Dodge could have done without the false first gear so that the CVT could show what it really can do, but that is only a minor complaint. The Caliber has great initial speed and power for a 4 cylinder and, although I have a bit of a lead foot off of the line, I am still able to get about 22-23mpg city/hwy (mostly city). Could do with a little more leg room, but storage is great and performance has been exceptional. Ideal for single child families or families with 2 older children. Three can fit, but not overly comfortably, in the back."

My "Soulcar"

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Like my soulmate now I have found my soulcar. I absolutely love this car. I always have compliments on it. And I got it for a really good price. The gas mileage is awesome. The best I have ever had. When I first saw it on the lot , I knew it was the one for me & when I sat inside that was all she wrote. I was in love. For the first time I just felt so comfortable, like this was the one for me. It fit. I would DEFINATELY recommend this car. By the way the Boston stereo in it is like being in a club its the best stereo I have ever heard in a car. Gotta getcha a Caliber!!!!!!!!!"

Good Vehicle - lots of room - no complaints

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I have had my Caliber for 2 years now and have 41,000 miles on the odometer. So far the car has been fantastic. I own the 1.8L model with the 5 speed manual. Average mileage is 32.5 (calculated at each fill up for combined city and highway). The rear seat has a surprising amount of room and my kids (one booster seat and one child seat) have plenty of room. My 100+ pound dog even has plenty of room in the hatch area. With the rear seat folded down there is a lot of room to haul cargo. Up front there is a lot of head room for tall drivers / passengers and plenty of leg room as well. My only complaint is I would like a little more power. It's hard to fault a car for performance when I bought it for fuel economy, but a little more zip would be great. I don't think you'll be disapointed with this vehicle as long as you keep your expectations realistic. If you're expecting 40 MPG or a 6 second 0-60 time, it isn't going to happen (however the SRT version can accomidate you on the later one)."