2011 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 725 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"The only problem I found was the road noise."

Great vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Have had this vehicle for nearly 4 years. Handles great, good gas mileage. No major problems to speak of. Heater works efficiently and quickly in the winter and A/C works great in summer. Great vehicle for the $$!"

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"This is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned. Since I bought it, back when they first released it, I have had the "variable" transmission go out 3 times among many other problems. No wonder they offered a lifetime power train warranty, they knew this car had major issues from the start. What's worse is they are getting rid of the lifetime power train on new models. Beware of this car."

Best Kept secret around!

By on Saturday, August 01, 2009

"I love my SXT! It's got every bit of the comfort and pick up and go that my Taurus had with it's 6 cylinders. They sure don't make 4 cylinder like they used to! This car has attitude. It's easy to clean and has many little features that tell you this one was pretty well thought out. I like the lighted cup holders and the 'frig' glove box. Nice on a hot day. Lots of leg room and head room. The high profile doors make you feel snug and protected. The sporty dash illuminates like an old Sylvania TV-very soft on the eyes at night. I was looking at Vibes and Vues and was not sold at first, but now I am glad I decided on this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Love this vehicle. Very comfortable. Live in mountain area & it has plenty of power. Great gas mileage. Traded in Jeep Liberty for this & am very pleased. Doubled the gas mileage. Only one complaint & that is the seat doesn't adjust up & down."

Great little car

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"This car has been reliable and fun to drive. I've never had a problem with it. It's easy to get around in small spots and parking is never a problem. I highly recommend this car. A great value."

Love mine!

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"I've had my Caliber SXT for just over two years and have been very happy with it. The gas mileage during summer months when I have to use the A/C is only about 22mpg, but the rest of the year it's much higher and I've gotten up to 32mpg on road trips. I had a Honda Civic prior to this and much to my surprise, the gas mileage isn't really any different. This is very roomy and has some great little features you don't find with other vehicles."

Nice Vehicle for Price

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I purchased my Caliber shortly after they came out and I have been pleased overall. Dodge could have done without the false first gear so that the CVT could show what it really can do, but that is only a minor complaint. The Caliber has great initial speed and power for a 4 cylinder and, although I have a bit of a lead foot off of the line, I am still able to get about 22-23mpg city/hwy (mostly city). Could do with a little more leg room, but storage is great and performance has been exceptional. Ideal for single child families or families with 2 older children. Three can fit, but not overly comfortably, in the back."

My "Soulcar"

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Like my soulmate now I have found my soulcar. I absolutely love this car. I always have compliments on it. And I got it for a really good price. The gas mileage is awesome. The best I have ever had. When I first saw it on the lot , I knew it was the one for me & when I sat inside that was all she wrote. I was in love. For the first time I just felt so comfortable, like this was the one for me. It fit. I would DEFINATELY recommend this car. By the way the Boston stereo in it is like being in a club its the best stereo I have ever heard in a car. Gotta getcha a Caliber!!!!!!!!!"

Good Vehicle - lots of room - no complaints

By on Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I have had my Caliber for 2 years now and have 41,000 miles on the odometer. So far the car has been fantastic. I own the 1.8L model with the 5 speed manual. Average mileage is 32.5 (calculated at each fill up for combined city and highway). The rear seat has a surprising amount of room and my kids (one booster seat and one child seat) have plenty of room. My 100+ pound dog even has plenty of room in the hatch area. With the rear seat folded down there is a lot of room to haul cargo. Up front there is a lot of head room for tall drivers / passengers and plenty of leg room as well. My only complaint is I would like a little more power. It's hard to fault a car for performance when I bought it for fuel economy, but a little more zip would be great. I don't think you'll be disapointed with this vehicle as long as you keep your expectations realistic. If you're expecting 40 MPG or a 6 second 0-60 time, it isn't going to happen (however the SRT version can accomidate you on the later one)."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"This car is not only stylish but it also has power and great gas mileage! This car turns heads! Great deal especially with the Lifetime Warranty!"

not my favorite

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I like this little car because it's cute and I actually get the gas mileage (30/hwy), and I commute a long way to work. BUT there isn't the room we need now that we have 2 kids. The textured plastic is IMPOSSIBLE to get clean. The resale value makes it impossible to get rid of now. There have been several issues - the lingering problem being that the engine surges up and down when the inside air is on (heat or a/c). The mechanic couldn't even figure out how to replicate this - I had to tell him. Then they say it's normal. It's been a fight no matter what with the mechanic. Also the engine light came on because the oil was low. We do all of our oil changes within a reasonable time, just barely 40k miles on it, so we're not sure how the oil could be getting low. I'm not impressed with how we've been treated when we take it in. This would be an ok car for a beginning driver because it is safe, but not for a family. I want my Tahoe back!"

Great bang 4 the buck!

By on Monday, March 03, 2008

"Purchased the '07 R/T FWD in July of '07. Very pleased with the pick-up of the 2.4L engine with the variable trans. The CD/MP3 6-disc changer w/Nav. and Boston Acoustics components (9 spkrs incl. 8" Sub) is one of the BEST sound systems I have ever heard-clean, crisp, and POWERFUL (458 watts)! The Nav is very accurate and EASY to use. The bluetooth phone system is COOL, too! Traded in my FX35 'cause gas was KILLING MY POCKET. My Caliber gets 27-29mpg on my trips to/from NYC with 87-octane gas-EXCELLENT! My only complaint is the abundance of plastic in the interior which gives a neat but somewhat cheap appearance. Other than that, it's a COOL CAR!!!"

WOW What a great car!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"My wife and I have been looking at a ton of crossover vehicles and we picked this one. I am extralmly happy with the complete purchase. It drives great and we have gotten up to the 36 MPG! Take that Honda and Toyota."

Just What I Needed

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"I bought the first Caliber my local dealership sold (in March of 2006). My only regret is not holding out until they could find one with leather AND a sunroof (I settled on the sunroof, but still miss the leather). I'm not sure how some of the other people who have posted reviews are driving, but I have gotten as much as 35 mpg out of my Caliber on long (500+) trips, though the city mileage drops as low as 23 mpg sometimes. So, it's got almost as much room in the back as the 2005 Chevy Equinox I traded in (not as much height, but the depth is similar), but the gas mileage is WAY better - it's going to make it hard to find something else that fits my needs equally well. I do agree that the CVT means little or no pickup, but once it gets going, it's a nice ride. I have easily fit 5 adults in it, and no one has complained about lack of space. I have about 22,000 miles on it and haven't had any maintenance problems."

30,000 miles

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"29,000 miles. Good condition. Only replaced battery. Oil changed EVERY 30,000 miles."

Cute and reliable car

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "exterior appearance, good value"

Cons: "vision"

"Have been drive a 2007 caliber for 4 years. Very reliable and valuable car. Footprints expand from Yellowstone to Boston, from lake superior to Niagara, from east coast metropolitans to Pennsylvania mountains, from North Dakota cold to raining summer night. never had any problems except regular maintenance. It is pity that Doge stopped this model. Vision is not great but ok. Hope it had more power."

Love this vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "extremely comfortable ride, fun to drive, reliable"

"I just bought this car a week or so ago and it is very easy to drive and extremely comfortable on long drives. It's interior design is clean and stylish. I feel safe driving with my kids in it, also. It's an overall great vehicle. I'm really enjoying owning this vehicle!"

Super ride

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Heated seat great steering control"

Cons: "Needs larger storage in back"

"I love this car! Plenty of room for my 6 ft 3 husband and my 6 ft son has room in the back. Love the sound system and the drink cooler. Heated seats are the best even on a hot day with a sore back."

I Love this car. It was a good investment.

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"I like the fact that i get 27 miles to the gallon in tow and up to 31 on the highway."

have been disappointed since we purchased it

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "hatchback, lots of room for size, smooth ride"

Cons: "all mentioned in statement"

"This car has never lived up to being a "Chrysler" product. It is not our first Dodge but is our first Dodge car. It will also be our last Dodge car. We are very disappointed with the interior. It has also left us stranded more than once for unusual things like the throttle body assembly - was never fixed by dealer properly(although they charged us alot of money) so we took it to a local mechanic and it was fixed the 1st time. I have never seen upholstery come apart in a car before nor have the airbag system FAIL. The AC electrical plug in is situated in a way that is almost impossible to use. We do NOT abuse our vehicles, even the plastic in the hatch cracked and fell apart in places - simply ridiculous."

fair overall rating

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"The ride is hard and its very noisey. I liked the seats and my ability to see all arround the vehicle while driving. The gas mileage is not very good. Bought it used with 25K mileae. Dealer shady lots of front end repairs. Believe auto was in an accident didnt show on car fax car came from out of my state think it was a rental"

I love driving this car anywhere!

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Great price for the performance and fuel efficient"

Cons: "NONE"

"The Caliber SRT-4 has nice comfortable seats. Nice tight handling, smooth shifting and very reliable. The exterior is awesome and looks like a mean mini wagon. The interior is looks like an SRT edition should. The HP that this mini wagon produces is incredible. Fuel efficiency is great especially on the long hauls. I could get up to 31mpg. It's a fast, Beast looking mini wagon."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Roomier on the inside than it appears from outside"

Cons: "Blind spot; some road noise"

"I have been very happy with this car. It's perfect for my family (2 adults, 2 kids). Haven't had any major problems with it. Love that the seat adjusts up and down, not just back to front. Little extras, like lighted cup holders and 'chill zone' are fun, too."

A top performer

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, roominess"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet"

"I own the RT AWD Caliber, and I have to say when it comes to NY weather it rocks, I can barrel on through snow while others have to slow down. I have the key coded interior Black/red and it is sharp looking. Gas mileage I average 34 MPG on the highway, and about 29 in the city. With the full fold down seats it's like having a big SUV, this vehicle has carried everything from 6 panel doors to our dogs. I have 50K on it, and have no issues, though we take care of our vehicles with routine oil changes and tire rotations, otherwise haven't had to do a thing to it. Oh I love the chill zone cupholders and glove box chiller holds my bottled water"