2011 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 717 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

great vehicle considering the price

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, manual shifts smoott, comfortable"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow."

"Bought one of these for my wife. I liked the car so much, I purchased one for myself. It's a great car, has been very reliable for me. No problems as of yet. The base model has a lot of fancy features that were not on other cars in the same price range. The seats are very comfortable even after a 7 hour trip. It handles great considering it's a little hatchback car. The downside is that it is slow pulling out. It's not zippy. The dashboard and interior is admittedly cheap looking. It's an economy car with an economy interior. There are a few things such as locking floor mats and the beefy shifter boot that makes the interior not so bad. There is a good bit of room in the front seats. Taller people should be quite comfortable. The rear seats, not so much. it's quite cramped back there. The hatch has a decent amount of storage space and putting the seats down makes mving bigger stuff very easy. Things like kitchen chairs, a bike or even (god forbid) a drumset. The gas mileage is one of the best features, the mileage is actually better than my neighbor's smart car. I do a lot of highway driving and I actually get the 32 mpg it said on the sticker. In short, it's not a luxury car. The interior is cheap looking, but comfortable. It's got a lot of electronics, plug for the mp3 player, power windows and locks, keyless entry. It doesn't accelerate fast, but the mileage it gets is really good. I liked the car enough that I bought two and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

everyday its another problem.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "none"

Cons: "junk top to bottom"

"We let me first say the only good thing about this car is the fuel milage, with that being said, here goes. First of all if i new that low profile tires only lasted 20,000 mi. i would has kept looking for another car. Also the awd is usless because u can not find an agressive enough tire to grab in ice n snow! I put 57 miles a day on going to work and back. but all highway miles and i just had to put a new rack in it! Around 40,000 miles the control arms needed to be replaced, wishbone suspension had to be replaced last month and control arm, cruise control wont work anymome. Air bag light is on and check engine light! I baby this car and maintain it every 3,000 mi. However everytime it snows an inch or more i have to jump into my 1995 jeep cherokee with 300,000 miles on it. So tell me were the heck am i saving money by driving this small car? for the money i put into it in reppairs and tires is far mooooore than the money i save in gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A great car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price and MPGs. Low maintenance."

Cons: "Fairly cheap interior. Too soft seats."

"I have owned a Jeep Patriot for over two years and really like the car. When I was looking for a reliable second car, I initially thought about buying used. A local Dodge dealer had a "one day only" sale on a base Caliber Express. The price was $12k! If you have looked at the price of used cars lately, you know that $12k does not buy very much. Especially a car with power mirrors, windows and door locks and cruise control. From my experience with the Jeep, I knew that I would enjoy driving the Caliber just fine (as they share the same platform/engines/transmissions/suspensions, etc.). The Caliber drives even better than the Jeep. It does have the same too soft seats. I wish that they were firmer and had more support. But the seat material is improved from my Jeep. Is this car a Porsche? No, not by a long shot. Are there better cars out there? Yes, but nothing can touch this car for the money that I paid. The Caliber is a nice solid car with a decent ride, good reliability, great fuel economy and low maintenance. Nothing fancy. It just gets the job done reliabily and with a low cost."

all around great car

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Ive owned the car for a about a year and a half and still love it! I drive it alot, have driven it 31,000 miles. It is very reliable. AMAZING HANDLING! Have not had any major problems. I love the warranty, full lifetime power train warranty. It is UNBEATABLE! I also love the cooler, 12v power outlet, AUX outlet, Ipod holder, Lit up cupholders, CVT Trans, Autostick, 18 inch wheels, sound system, fog lights, sliding armrest, 2 glove box compartments, steering wheel controls, and the AMAZING All Wheel Drive! I have also owned a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4L 4x4, 2001 Mitsubshi Montero Limited, 2001 Land Rover Discovery II and I honestly favor the Caliber. Its all around amazing. BUY THIS CAR! Performance- Compared to other similar cars the performance is great. I gave it 4 stars because I believe they need to give it more power. The caliber has a 0-60 of a little over 10 seconds, i believe 10.1? In manual mode in first gear, the RPM's hesitates at 4,000 rpm's for a second, but after it passes 4,000 rpms in first gear it takes off. IF Dodge gave this car more power I believe they would have made a perfect car"

Enjoying the ride

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Great car. My first post-college/"real world" vehicle purchase, and it was a good one. I got the '07 RT version w/ the chrome trim and color inlays on the interior (looks great in orange). The features on this car are very impressive...storage features, sound system, etc. The only complaint is the value dropping so rapidly. After only 9 months, I've easily lost nearly $10,000 in value. Granted, I love this car...I just wish I'd either paid less or it was still worth more."

love it

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs space, comfort, versatility and like a vehicle that looks great. I love my Caliber. I bought it in a blizzard so I got to test the quality of the AWD system. I was impressed as soon as I got behind the wheel. I no longer "white-knuckle" on my hour drive to and from work everyday. No matter what the weather, I feel safe. That is what is most important to me, not to meant you can't beat the price."

OK car, but had to replace too many parts

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "look of it, how the 2WD when in the snow"

Cons: "had a lot of repairs"

"I owned my 2008 Dodge caliber for three years. It was a 5 speed, so I loved driving it. I had a blue interior and I loved the way it looked. I had it through three winters, and with studded tiers, I never had a problem! My biggest problem was it was made cheep, and I had to replace most of the parts in the front end. I have had 4 vehicles, and have never had to replace so many parts. I would not recommend this car to anyone, because of how many parts I had to put on it."

Very good car never let me down or stranded.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "fit finish no rust relibility."

Cons: "Lower Control arms."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

"The only drawback was the control arms. The rubber did not stick causing premature failure. Once I bought the redesigned control arms no more trouble. At 95000 had just done normal things brakes rotors battery alternator. From my point of view good auto. Fit and finish was above average no rust and I did do a lot of snow driving. Went through the snow like a beast. I could go when everyone else was stuck."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."

Reliable and comfortable with great utility.

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "looks, utility, comfort, options"

Cons: "fit and finish, acceleration, toomuch hard plastic"

"I bought my Caliber new in June of 2006. It now has 198,000 miles on it and runs as well as it did when new. At 6'4" and 260 lbs, I was looking for something with room, and the Caliber has it. It is painfully slow at take-off thanks to the CVT, but gas mileage is respectable and is has good storage in the back - great with the seats folded down. It is comfortable on the highway as well. I live in North Texas and have driven it to the Gulf Coast in summer, the Rocky Mountains in winter, up to Lake Michigan for vacation and a brutal number of miles in Dallas-Fort Worth traffic. It has handles asphalt, snow and sand equally well. If Dodge had not quit making them, I'd buy another. The fit and finish is cheap, I admit. It is also not at all sporty. But it looks great and if utility and comfort are your thing, it's a good choice. Mine has satellite radio, U-Connect hands free Bluetooth, 9 speaker stereo, leather seats and power sun roof. I know not everyone's experience is the same, but after 198K with only predictable upkeep and minor repairs, I'd have to add that it's pretty reliable as well."