2011 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 701 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

No power here

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I loved the look of this car so much, and bought it based on a small test drive. Interior room is great for me (6'2"). But... this car has absolutely NO power whatsoever. Well, I take that back: by the time you get to 3000 RPMs it is adequate. But it takes forever to get it up. Now I'm not amuscle head looking to blow from 0-60 in 2 seconds, but I would like to go up a small hill without having to shift all the way down to 2nd gear! And you have to pick your spots when passing on the highway. Just no response to hitting the gas... As others have stated, vision out of the rear of the car is very poor. I get lots of nice comments from people on my car, but find myself muttering to myself "if you only knew." Over-all I really wanna give this car a good grade, because I really want to love it, but I'm afraid I can't. My advice: take it for a very thorough test drive. Try passing some people on the highway, and go up a steep hill. Put the limited rear visibility to the test. If you can live with what you see from these two key areas, then buy it, otherwise keep looking..."

Holds up great in crash!!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I owned my 07 caliber for 3 months before i wrecked it. Sad, i know. Doing about 50mph i was looking down and hit a stopped vehicle in front of me. My airbags and bolster bags came out and bruised my legs somewhat but my car held up beautifully! The damage wasn't cheap to fix but hitting some one that hard and walking away with a little bruise is amazing. As for the taurus i hit, well, it didn't hold up at all- almost looked like i ran over him. If anyone had been in the back seat of the other vehicle they would have been seriously injured. I tested the AWD in a muddy field going up hill and it handled great- i was so proud. Love this car- so glad i bought it!!"

Not impressed

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I really liked the style of the car when it came out. I thought for sure it was the car for me, I am 5'8" and I have bumped my head getting in a few times. It's great for someone's first car or if you are not in a hurry. It does not have the power I need when I hit the hwy. It just seems to have a slow take off. The CD player is GREAT and has powerful sound!!"

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This car has been wonderful, I bought one of the first to come out, and have had only one minor recall on it. It's been great ever since. It's a great performer, handles excellent. It's a lot of fun to drive!"

lot of problems

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I had water enter the inside and soak the floor boards twice. They said it was the a/c overflow tube clogged and kinked. slow on take off and not near the gas mileage listed. Also the hood meeting the front of the car has a noticeable mismatch that I believe caused the water to enter the passenger and drivers side interior. Dodge would not compensate for them having to tear up the inside of my car twice, and left me with a flood damaged vehicle."