2011 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 723 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Biggest mistake in buying this car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reason: Horrible Car

Pros: "The outside design of the car."

Cons: "The entire car!"

"Absolutley the biggest mistake I have ever made was buying this car. I bought a 2007 with 23,ooo miles on it and payed a decent price for it. I opted to get the extended warranty and it's a good thing. Without the warranty in an 18 month span of time I would of spent appronimatley 6 to 7 thousand dollars on repairs and towing fees. Flatbedded 6 times in less than a year. 1. Release broke and couldn't shift out of park. Stuck at gas station for 4 hours with the clerk yelling at me. Flatbedded 2. Failed Inspection.. Inner and outer tie rods. 3. Drivers side Lower control arm. 4. Failed Inspection...Ball joints replaced. 5. Alternator went.. Flatbedded 6. Battery went.. (ok this one was ok with me but still) 7. Starter ... Flatbedded 8. Axel... Flatbedded 9. Steerig Column issues. By the time I traded this car in I had pretty much replaced the entire front end. And this is just what I remember replacing in it. Dodge told me it was because of "winter" road conditions!"

Great Success!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Its nice, affordable, looks as aggressive as a wagon can, and is very functional all around. I drove 4 friends to a concert in Tucson and it was comfortable and good on gas. I like the ground clearance although I would prefer larger tires for a less bouncy ride at high speeds. At low speeds it is smooth and comfortable, much better then my last car, a nissan. The interior design is "Key" it looks more expensive then cars 5 to 10 thousand more although it has alot of plastic but every new car does. So far I have folded down the seats and delivered a fairly large coffee table set with two people in the car as well as gone to several concerts with a drumset and or 2 half stacks and various guitar equipment. I needed a car that could carry stuff but I also wanted better mileage then my nissan frontier and I wanted to be able to carry 4 or 5 people comfortably. I can do all 3 for cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, and one of the best looking new cars for the price hands down. I'm also getting a tow hitch installed and I intend on taking the Caliber on tour with my band and a small trailer. The only complaint I have with this car is a lower quality paint job. Make sure you don't pay more then 13,000 for a base model, if they say its more their lying, I have one with A/C, Cd player, airbags, window tint, door edge guards and more for slightly under 13(stickshift of course). I'm so content with never owning a nissan again."

I've owned this car for 3 years and still love it!

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, light up cup holders"

Cons: "no hatch release on key fob"

"My husband is a wheelchair bound paraplegic so we were looking for a vehicle that didn't sit too high he could not transfer into it from his wheelchair, but that also offered enough room for our family and his wheelchair. I bought my Caliber in 2011 (almost new) with 17,000 because it had been the dealer's car. I fell in love with the outside design online, and after simply sitting behind the wheel for my test drive I knew this was my car. Everything is well laid out inside for the driver, and I loved all of the upgrades that were included in the price. I have had this car for almost 3 years now and it is still as fun to drive as my initial test drive. The engine has some spunk (enough to beat other drivers off the line at red lights, which my husband loves) and the car has enough room for all of our needs. My only gripes about this vehicle (which are very minor) is that the headlights come on whenever the car is unlocked, and there is no button on the key fob to open the hatch. Both are very minor issues though and do not hinder my daily activity. I love this car, the gas mileage, and it's overall performance. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the crossover without the high price tag."

great vehicle considering the price

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, manual shifts smoott, comfortable"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow."

"Bought one of these for my wife. I liked the car so much, I purchased one for myself. It's a great car, has been very reliable for me. No problems as of yet. The base model has a lot of fancy features that were not on other cars in the same price range. The seats are very comfortable even after a 7 hour trip. It handles great considering it's a little hatchback car. The downside is that it is slow pulling out. It's not zippy. The dashboard and interior is admittedly cheap looking. It's an economy car with an economy interior. There are a few things such as locking floor mats and the beefy shifter boot that makes the interior not so bad. There is a good bit of room in the front seats. Taller people should be quite comfortable. The rear seats, not so much. it's quite cramped back there. The hatch has a decent amount of storage space and putting the seats down makes mving bigger stuff very easy. Things like kitchen chairs, a bike or even (god forbid) a drumset. The gas mileage is one of the best features, the mileage is actually better than my neighbor's smart car. I do a lot of highway driving and I actually get the 32 mpg it said on the sticker. In short, it's not a luxury car. The interior is cheap looking, but comfortable. It's got a lot of electronics, plug for the mp3 player, power windows and locks, keyless entry. It doesn't accelerate fast, but the mileage it gets is really good. I liked the car enough that I bought two and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

everyday its another problem.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "none"

Cons: "junk top to bottom"

"We let me first say the only good thing about this car is the fuel milage, with that being said, here goes. First of all if i new that low profile tires only lasted 20,000 mi. i would has kept looking for another car. Also the awd is usless because u can not find an agressive enough tire to grab in ice n snow! I put 57 miles a day on going to work and back. but all highway miles and i just had to put a new rack in it! Around 40,000 miles the control arms needed to be replaced, wishbone suspension had to be replaced last month and control arm, cruise control wont work anymome. Air bag light is on and check engine light! I baby this car and maintain it every 3,000 mi. However everytime it snows an inch or more i have to jump into my 1995 jeep cherokee with 300,000 miles on it. So tell me were the heck am i saving money by driving this small car? for the money i put into it in reppairs and tires is far mooooore than the money i save in gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"