2011 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 716 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Versatile, reliable, and safe!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

"I bought my caliber in 2007 with 14 miles on it. Now, in 2012, it has a little over 119,000 miles. Great versatility with the drop down speakers off the back hatch, both the back and front seat(s) fold down and with a wide range of repositioning options. We have enjoyed this car. I wish it was a little bit bigger, but I enjoy the size in an overcrowded parking lot and having the small turn radius when needed. I would suggest this car to anyone looking for safety as well. We have been lucky enough to have been in two accidents- none of us were injured mainly due to the solid frame and stability of the vehicle. We have also yet to have any major issues mechanically with the vehicle- just regular maintenance needed. Again, great car, our family is simply growing and must upgrade to a larger vehicle."

Fair Value

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"Bought this 2007 in 2008 have 60k on it now. It gets 30-33 mpg with an average of 28 mpg, the fuel tank needs to be bigger than 13.5 gals, does have a blind spot on driver side, great for mountain driving, good city car, has neat little storage, My biggest complaint is the noise that comes from the wheel wells. I would give this car to my daughter, but she is four years away from driving. Would have way too many miles on it by then. paid 14,k list now for 7k"

Great car for the money!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Alot of extras for a car of this price range."

Cons: "????????"

"I bought this car 3 years ago, and I enjoy driving it. There were a few bad reviews on this vehicle because of road noise and a few others. You can't go by all the reviews, because some people aren't happy with anything. It's a 10000 car. test drive one and if you like it buy it. No matter what car you buy, you'll find something negative about it somewhere. my wife bought a new Elantra, would i buy one instead of this caliber, no. It's still a 10000 car!! It handles nice , I feel safe in it and it's easy to drive. Good car for the money.."

You get what you pay for...

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"I owned the SXT Caliber with the CVT automatic transmission. First with the good; The car looks nice and drives well. I liked the tan interior because it looked stylish and was easy to maintain. The exterior has an aggressive look to it and overall is very nice. In addition, the upgraded sound system was excellent. The car would drive well in windy conditions even though it is so small. However, these good features were heavily weighed down with poor quality and mpg. Being such a small vehicle, one would expect it to easily reach 30mpg + on the freeway. In the contrary, it averaged 22-25 mpg at best. Even though it was extensively maintained with new sparkplugs, airfilter, synthetic oil...etc. My 2008 Corolla S, which is also an automatic, gets consistently 35-40mpg on the freeway doing 75mph. In addition, the front end went bad after only 60k miles, which is a costly repair. This seems to be a common problem with these vehicles. All in all, this vehicle should be getting mpg's well in the 30's for its size and comparable vehicles and be of better quality. I do not recommend this vehicle because for a little more money, you can buy a corolla or civic that will save you on gas and repairs in the long run."

High Caliber

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I have had a Caliber R/T for nearly 1 year, and think it is a great value car for the price. It's styling is good, it's comfortable in the front and back, and very reliable so far. It handles well in the ice and snow, and you get good visibility as you sit higher than in a sedan. The back seats pack down flat for easy loading. The only thing I didn't like when I bought it was the lack of choice for interior colors."

Best bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"Ok It's not a Hybred. and don't compare to Honda & Toyota. Consider the sticker price. It's at least five Thousand less, than their basic vehicles. I average twenty five mpg on overall driving 60 percent highway 40 city. It's very comfortable for a small car. This car does have the V.V.T. auto transmission. Fun car to drive very peppy for a multi valve 2.0 four. Great starter car or a second vehicle as for me. This vehicle does have a lot of amenities for the dollar."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This is an amazing car, very fun to drive, has been very dependable, and it's an affordable performance car. It has tunred out to be one of by favorite vehicles ever."

Great Success!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Its nice, affordable, looks as aggressive as a wagon can, and is very functional all around. I drove 4 friends to a concert in Tucson and it was comfortable and good on gas. I like the ground clearance although I would prefer larger tires for a less bouncy ride at high speeds. At low speeds it is smooth and comfortable, much better then my last car, a nissan. The interior design is "Key" it looks more expensive then cars 5 to 10 thousand more although it has alot of plastic but every new car does. So far I have folded down the seats and delivered a fairly large coffee table set with two people in the car as well as gone to several concerts with a drumset and or 2 half stacks and various guitar equipment. I needed a car that could carry stuff but I also wanted better mileage then my nissan frontier and I wanted to be able to carry 4 or 5 people comfortably. I can do all 3 for cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, and one of the best looking new cars for the price hands down. I'm also getting a tow hitch installed and I intend on taking the Caliber on tour with my band and a small trailer. The only complaint I have with this car is a lower quality paint job. Make sure you don't pay more then 13,000 for a base model, if they say its more their lying, I have one with A/C, Cd player, airbags, window tint, door edge guards and more for slightly under 13(stickshift of course). I'm so content with never owning a nissan again."

I've owned this car for 3 years and still love it!

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, light up cup holders"

Cons: "no hatch release on key fob"

"My husband is a wheelchair bound paraplegic so we were looking for a vehicle that didn't sit too high he could not transfer into it from his wheelchair, but that also offered enough room for our family and his wheelchair. I bought my Caliber in 2011 (almost new) with 17,000 because it had been the dealer's car. I fell in love with the outside design online, and after simply sitting behind the wheel for my test drive I knew this was my car. Everything is well laid out inside for the driver, and I loved all of the upgrades that were included in the price. I have had this car for almost 3 years now and it is still as fun to drive as my initial test drive. The engine has some spunk (enough to beat other drivers off the line at red lights, which my husband loves) and the car has enough room for all of our needs. My only gripes about this vehicle (which are very minor) is that the headlights come on whenever the car is unlocked, and there is no button on the key fob to open the hatch. Both are very minor issues though and do not hinder my daily activity. I love this car, the gas mileage, and it's overall performance. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the crossover without the high price tag."

Biggest mistake in buying this car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reason: Horrible Car

Pros: "The outside design of the car."

Cons: "The entire car!"

"Absolutley the biggest mistake I have ever made was buying this car. I bought a 2007 with 23,ooo miles on it and payed a decent price for it. I opted to get the extended warranty and it's a good thing. Without the warranty in an 18 month span of time I would of spent appronimatley 6 to 7 thousand dollars on repairs and towing fees. Flatbedded 6 times in less than a year. 1. Release broke and couldn't shift out of park. Stuck at gas station for 4 hours with the clerk yelling at me. Flatbedded 2. Failed Inspection.. Inner and outer tie rods. 3. Drivers side Lower control arm. 4. Failed Inspection...Ball joints replaced. 5. Alternator went.. Flatbedded 6. Battery went.. (ok this one was ok with me but still) 7. Starter ... Flatbedded 8. Axel... Flatbedded 9. Steerig Column issues. By the time I traded this car in I had pretty much replaced the entire front end. And this is just what I remember replacing in it. Dodge told me it was because of "winter" road conditions!"

great vehicle considering the price

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, manual shifts smoott, comfortable"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow."

"Bought one of these for my wife. I liked the car so much, I purchased one for myself. It's a great car, has been very reliable for me. No problems as of yet. The base model has a lot of fancy features that were not on other cars in the same price range. The seats are very comfortable even after a 7 hour trip. It handles great considering it's a little hatchback car. The downside is that it is slow pulling out. It's not zippy. The dashboard and interior is admittedly cheap looking. It's an economy car with an economy interior. There are a few things such as locking floor mats and the beefy shifter boot that makes the interior not so bad. There is a good bit of room in the front seats. Taller people should be quite comfortable. The rear seats, not so much. it's quite cramped back there. The hatch has a decent amount of storage space and putting the seats down makes mving bigger stuff very easy. Things like kitchen chairs, a bike or even (god forbid) a drumset. The gas mileage is one of the best features, the mileage is actually better than my neighbor's smart car. I do a lot of highway driving and I actually get the 32 mpg it said on the sticker. In short, it's not a luxury car. The interior is cheap looking, but comfortable. It's got a lot of electronics, plug for the mp3 player, power windows and locks, keyless entry. It doesn't accelerate fast, but the mileage it gets is really good. I liked the car enough that I bought two and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

everyday its another problem.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "none"

Cons: "junk top to bottom"

"We let me first say the only good thing about this car is the fuel milage, with that being said, here goes. First of all if i new that low profile tires only lasted 20,000 mi. i would has kept looking for another car. Also the awd is usless because u can not find an agressive enough tire to grab in ice n snow! I put 57 miles a day on going to work and back. but all highway miles and i just had to put a new rack in it! Around 40,000 miles the control arms needed to be replaced, wishbone suspension had to be replaced last month and control arm, cruise control wont work anymome. Air bag light is on and check engine light! I baby this car and maintain it every 3,000 mi. However everytime it snows an inch or more i have to jump into my 1995 jeep cherokee with 300,000 miles on it. So tell me were the heck am i saving money by driving this small car? for the money i put into it in reppairs and tires is far mooooore than the money i save in gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A great car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price and MPGs. Low maintenance."

Cons: "Fairly cheap interior. Too soft seats."

"I have owned a Jeep Patriot for over two years and really like the car. When I was looking for a reliable second car, I initially thought about buying used. A local Dodge dealer had a "one day only" sale on a base Caliber Express. The price was $12k! If you have looked at the price of used cars lately, you know that $12k does not buy very much. Especially a car with power mirrors, windows and door locks and cruise control. From my experience with the Jeep, I knew that I would enjoy driving the Caliber just fine (as they share the same platform/engines/transmissions/suspensions, etc.). The Caliber drives even better than the Jeep. It does have the same too soft seats. I wish that they were firmer and had more support. But the seat material is improved from my Jeep. Is this car a Porsche? No, not by a long shot. Are there better cars out there? Yes, but nothing can touch this car for the money that I paid. The Caliber is a nice solid car with a decent ride, good reliability, great fuel economy and low maintenance. Nothing fancy. It just gets the job done reliabily and with a low cost."

all around great car

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"Ive owned the car for a about a year and a half and still love it! I drive it alot, have driven it 31,000 miles. It is very reliable. AMAZING HANDLING! Have not had any major problems. I love the warranty, full lifetime power train warranty. It is UNBEATABLE! I also love the cooler, 12v power outlet, AUX outlet, Ipod holder, Lit up cupholders, CVT Trans, Autostick, 18 inch wheels, sound system, fog lights, sliding armrest, 2 glove box compartments, steering wheel controls, and the AMAZING All Wheel Drive! I have also owned a 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4L 4x4, 2001 Mitsubshi Montero Limited, 2001 Land Rover Discovery II and I honestly favor the Caliber. Its all around amazing. BUY THIS CAR! Performance- Compared to other similar cars the performance is great. I gave it 4 stars because I believe they need to give it more power. The caliber has a 0-60 of a little over 10 seconds, i believe 10.1? In manual mode in first gear, the RPM's hesitates at 4,000 rpm's for a second, but after it passes 4,000 rpms in first gear it takes off. IF Dodge gave this car more power I believe they would have made a perfect car"

Enjoying the ride

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Great car. My first post-college/"real world" vehicle purchase, and it was a good one. I got the '07 RT version w/ the chrome trim and color inlays on the interior (looks great in orange). The features on this car are very impressive...storage features, sound system, etc. The only complaint is the value dropping so rapidly. After only 9 months, I've easily lost nearly $10,000 in value. Granted, I love this car...I just wish I'd either paid less or it was still worth more."

love it

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs space, comfort, versatility and like a vehicle that looks great. I love my Caliber. I bought it in a blizzard so I got to test the quality of the AWD system. I was impressed as soon as I got behind the wheel. I no longer "white-knuckle" on my hour drive to and from work everyday. No matter what the weather, I feel safe. That is what is most important to me, not to meant you can't beat the price."

OK car, but had to replace too many parts

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "look of it, how the 2WD when in the snow"

Cons: "had a lot of repairs"

"I owned my 2008 Dodge caliber for three years. It was a 5 speed, so I loved driving it. I had a blue interior and I loved the way it looked. I had it through three winters, and with studded tiers, I never had a problem! My biggest problem was it was made cheep, and I had to replace most of the parts in the front end. I have had 4 vehicles, and have never had to replace so many parts. I would not recommend this car to anyone, because of how many parts I had to put on it."

Very good car never let me down or stranded.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "fit finish no rust relibility."

Cons: "Lower Control arms."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

"The only drawback was the control arms. The rubber did not stick causing premature failure. Once I bought the redesigned control arms no more trouble. At 95000 had just done normal things brakes rotors battery alternator. From my point of view good auto. Fit and finish was above average no rust and I did do a lot of snow driving. Went through the snow like a beast. I could go when everyone else was stuck."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."

Reliable and comfortable with great utility.

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "looks, utility, comfort, options"

Cons: "fit and finish, acceleration, toomuch hard plastic"

"I bought my Caliber new in June of 2006. It now has 198,000 miles on it and runs as well as it did when new. At 6'4" and 260 lbs, I was looking for something with room, and the Caliber has it. It is painfully slow at take-off thanks to the CVT, but gas mileage is respectable and is has good storage in the back - great with the seats folded down. It is comfortable on the highway as well. I live in North Texas and have driven it to the Gulf Coast in summer, the Rocky Mountains in winter, up to Lake Michigan for vacation and a brutal number of miles in Dallas-Fort Worth traffic. It has handles asphalt, snow and sand equally well. If Dodge had not quit making them, I'd buy another. The fit and finish is cheap, I admit. It is also not at all sporty. But it looks great and if utility and comfort are your thing, it's a good choice. Mine has satellite radio, U-Connect hands free Bluetooth, 9 speaker stereo, leather seats and power sun roof. I know not everyone's experience is the same, but after 198K with only predictable upkeep and minor repairs, I'd have to add that it's pretty reliable as well."

Have loved this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "comfort,reiabikity, looks, economy"

"Have thourougl enjoyed this car since ipurchased new in 2009. Love design, interior setup, comfort, fuel economy,satellite radio,waranty, reiability, power for being 4- cyl with 5 speed manual with overdrive. Got upgraded wheels, spoiler, tint and cargo cover. Have moved so much, love roominess, sturdiness,ease of driving, controls,satellite radio, uts easy for all people to get in and out. Really sad 2012 is last year. Other awesomething like dual glove boxes, chilled shwlf for drinks, lightedcup holders,auxiliaryinput, holders, cargolight that is also flashlight. Love it. Even fabric interior has remained awesome. Lovereclining back seat and fold flat storage. All with 30-35mpg and more room than smaller compacts."

Very comfortable, particularly for long hauls.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Purchased this vehicle (with approx. 40,000 miles on it) primarily because my wife (has back and hip problems) really liked the seats. CVT took a little getting used to, however I learned from the internet how to reset the throttle response and when this was done I began to realize that although it may seem a little slugish in response (because there is no perceived downshift) I found that the vehicle, because of the smoothness, is really going much faster than you would think. After driving this vehicle about 6000 miles and getting used to the CVT, it has become a very enjoyable experience."

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas."

Cons: "Goes through tires to quick."

"Great car! Only downfall is it goes through tires to quick. Great gas mileage!"

Great car...

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"This is a great car for any commuter or student. It is extremely reliable, as I have not had a single problem with my car in 4 years. I strongly recommend this car if it's size is okay with you. It takes some adjusting to since you can't see the hood of the car when you're driving! Dodge has given us a small car that makes the gas prices more tolerable yet they have maxed out the available space! I love that every seat folds down...so does my dog! Love it..."

Car must have been made on Friday at 4PM

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Good sound from speakers"

Cons: "See review above..."

"LOTS of problems--Engine head replacement at 54K miles, Alternator replacement due to known defect, noisy front suspension, hard/lifeless/uncomfortable interior, seat trim broken, airbags unreliable (light is on), front brake rotors always warped (inadequate braking system), interior panels rattle/vibrate loudly. Chill Zone doesn't cool drinks as advertised, can't change headlight bulbs as DIY--due to design of car. Also changing headlights can trigger computer to disable one (or both) low-beams, requiring dealer visit to clear the code. Loose fuel cap will trigger check engine light with code for oxygen sensor (almost replaced it too!), loud and rough engine (2.0L World Engine)--sounds like a sewing machine. Fiat should have killed this car the minute they took over Chrysler. I have orders from my wife--get rid of this car!"