2010 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 701 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

HOT SUMMER

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "MP3 auxillary slot"

Cons: "transmission, gas milage, blind spots"

"I bought this car in 2010 with 90000 miles. This car has been a nightmare. Because we bought it in fall we didn't notice this problem until the next summer. If the temprature is above 35 degrees, the transmission fluid heats up and the car starts to whine and slows down. At one point it went so slow that I was afraid. I live near freeways that averages 75 MPH (not what we are supposed to do but you will get run over if you go slower). In the summer, I can't drop my children off at school and then make it to work in this car. When I reported this to Dodge, I haven't heard back from them yet. DON'T BUY THIS CAR! YOU WILL BE SORRY! This also made your gas milage go down."

Bought new from dealer off the truck

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "great mpg"

Cons: "needs a better interior"

"I bought this car in 2006 straight off the truck from the plant. My father worked for Chrysler, so I was able to get a decent discount on the overall price. If it wasn't for that, I don't think that I would have bought the car at the time. I have the SXT and ended up with a $23,000 car loan at the time. The car does run great, though. In the 7 years that I have owned the car I have only had two issues with it. One was pretty major. I was going down the highway and it essentially blew up. Had to get the compressor, alternator, battery and something else (cant remember) replaced. The dealer called it a complete failure of the system. The other issue were brakes and that was my fault. I have only changed the brakes once in the cars life. I went longer than I should have, but they still lasted a very long time and was very pleased with it. the interior of the car is ok. It's some kind of weird plastic. Very hard to clean since it is molded with a design. Still it is pretty durable stuff. I got and still get great gas mileage from the car. I usually average around 28mpg. Not too bad for the time I bought it and still not bad for the price you will pay. Even with the things I listed as being on the downside, I love the car. It has served me extremely well and would recommend it."

More issues as it gets older

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Price, storage, cargo room"

Cons: "repairs, poor suspension&basic int. &blind spots"

"I bought this car used for 12K in 2011 with 36,000 miles on it... i thought that i was getting a good deal. However, it is now starting to have problems. I've had many mechanics tell me it is a terrible designed car. There are many blind spots while driving. The interior is all hard plastic. The CVT transmission is made by Japco, a company that supplies transmissions for Nissan, and the 2.0 liter with very little horsepower is made by Mitsubishi. The base model, the SE, only comes with crank windows and manual locks, but has an MP3 jack? Recently, ive had to replace the right front Strut mount, the left front is starting to go out, and last week my car was in the shop for 4 days because the sway bar and both sway bar links had to be replaced. Advice- do not get the CVT, it is really jumpy, especially when it is hot outside. Yes, the car is priced very low, but it comes with the baggage. Be prepared for repair costs, and things like the Strut mount has to come from dodge itsself, not from your local Napa or advance auto. One good thing about the car- storage. we fit an elecric dryer on its side in the back with the seats down."

Great Car w/ glove box refrigerator

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "great on gas, ice cold ac, refrigerator"

Cons: "none and ive hand the car 2 years"

"I bought my 2010 caliber in the beginning of 2012. I love this car. Rides smooth and get great gas millage. 20 bucks will last me all week and with a 26 mile round trip for work. Once I started reading threw the manual I learned that glove box had a switch that flips and bam. U virtually have a refrigerator in your car. Once the switch is flipped the ac blows into the top part of the glove box where there are slots for your bottles or cans. The ice cold ac, the household plug in the center consul, and the back dome light that pops out and turns into a flash light all come in handy along with the back seats the recline and fold down behind the front seats for cargo storage. Love the car. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants something suv like with out the gas bill and added digits to the price tag"

Check out the competition before buying!

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Great sound system, very versatile, good looks."

Cons: "CVT, ride & interior quality, sub-par reliability."

"The Caliber has just been an "ok" car so far. Throughout the 2.5 years I've had it, I've put about $1500 into it. I bought it with 74K miles on it and have replaced the fuel pump and alternator (both at about 95K miles) and a ball joint, lower control arm, a few lights and brakes. Not ideal, but overall it seems to be just wear and tear. Though, both Hondas I've had never had these issues at the same mileage. Just a thought. After driving this car, I think it's safe to say I will not be buying another Dodge. The competition simply builds better cars."

Great car. Easy to maintain.

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to maintain."

"Great car. Good gas mileage. I finally had to change the original battery last month. The same with the tires."

brakes down all the time

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "cheap on gas"

Cons: "needs new tran at 60000miles"

"dodge say nobody has had the same thing go out on their car as we have"

Very good car never let me down or stranded.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "fit finish no rust relibility."

Cons: "Lower Control arms."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

"The only drawback was the control arms. The rubber did not stick causing premature failure. Once I bought the redesigned control arms no more trouble. At 95000 had just done normal things brakes rotors battery alternator. From my point of view good auto. Fit and finish was above average no rust and I did do a lot of snow driving. Went through the snow like a beast. I could go when everyone else was stuck."

2007 Dodge Caliber.

Excellent Vehicle

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Nice size for travel or groceries; great hatchback"

Cons: "Rear door locks stay locked after parking."

"This car was bought for my then 17 year old son in high school. He drove it for two years and now I have it. It has never given us a minute's trouble mechanically, and with regular maintenance has given a firm 28 mpg in town and on highway. The car is FUN to drive, especially in town. Being a small car, it maneuvers easily through traffic and parking is a breeze. There is plenty of room for most anything I want to carry and I love the hatchback design. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Nice car with a bad transmission

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Reason: Transmission problems

Pros: "Nice ride. Lots of room. Decent power."

Cons: "Substandard CVT Transmission"

"I loved the way my Caliber rode. Very nice for a small car. But, the CVT transmission is a sub-standard product. Started making all kinds of noise at about 47K mileage. I think that is inexcusable in todays day and age with a car. Too bad as overall it is a very nice car, but transmissions are expensive to replace."

Great second car

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

"This is my second car, way better then my fist and is fixer upper.I think its a pretty smooth ride ,its very reliable .When i race my friend i when every time so with that being said it has great pick up ."

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."

great driving car

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

"I bought this car new. I would say 95% of the mileage on my car is highway."

Overall very nice car

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, AWD very nice"

Cons: "Backseat belts hard to buckle, transmission"

"I call it my SUV want- to-be due to it's smaller size but roomy front seats and 18 inch wheels that make it a little higher off the ground. With the AWD, it is great in the snow and in getting in an out of places one would generally not be able to access in a car. Backseat is a little small for three and the seat belts are a little difficult to fasten. Seats lay down making it easy to haul bigger items. Roomy behind seats for all those suitcases when traveling. Have had concerns that transmission is starting to slip at 100,000 miles. Fog lights, lighted cup holders, tilt wheel are all nice extras."

Overall very nice car

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, AWD very nice"

Cons: "Backseat belts hard to buckle, transmission"

Super ride

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Heated seat great steering control"

Cons: "Needs larger storage in back"

"I love this car! Plenty of room for my 6 ft 3 husband and my 6 ft son has room in the back. Love the sound system and the drink cooler. Heated seats are the best even on a hot day with a sore back."

Good First Car!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, cargo space, reliability, comforts"

Cons: "snow driving, price of new tires"

Me in my car!

"I love my car. It was basically the family car that was given to me at the age of 17 in2011. Things I really like about my 2008 SXT are it has automatic windows, satellite radio, and air conditioning. The 1.8 4 cylinder CVT automatic transmission can be slow at take off but after awhile it has great pick-up. My mom bought it used with 19,000 miles in 2008 and neither of us drive much. Since then it only has 51,000 miles. My only cons with this car is driving in the snow is horrible in this car. I think the 2009 models and up come with traction control. the 2007-08 models don't. I slipped and slid in two winters. After awhile you kinda get used to manipulating it to drive correctly but at first its scary. So I do not suggest it in snowy areas. In rain its completely fine. Its been very reliable and I've only had scheduled matinence done. Car has great cargo space with the back seats folding completely flat. I move often so this little car fits a lot of stuff. Great gas mileage. Not sure how safe it is in accidents cause mine has never been crashed but It has airbags everywhere. The tires on the SXT model are expensive also. Great little car with big room, great gas mileage, and good comforts. I will most likely have this car for many years to come."

Me in my car!

Reliable and comfortable with great utility.

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "looks, utility, comfort, options"

Cons: "fit and finish, acceleration, toomuch hard plastic"

"I bought my Caliber new in June of 2006. It now has 198,000 miles on it and runs as well as it did when new. At 6'4" and 260 lbs, I was looking for something with room, and the Caliber has it. It is painfully slow at take-off thanks to the CVT, but gas mileage is respectable and is has good storage in the back - great with the seats folded down. It is comfortable on the highway as well. I live in North Texas and have driven it to the Gulf Coast in summer, the Rocky Mountains in winter, up to Lake Michigan for vacation and a brutal number of miles in Dallas-Fort Worth traffic. It has handles asphalt, snow and sand equally well. If Dodge had not quit making them, I'd buy another. The fit and finish is cheap, I admit. It is also not at all sporty. But it looks great and if utility and comfort are your thing, it's a good choice. Mine has satellite radio, U-Connect hands free Bluetooth, 9 speaker stereo, leather seats and power sun roof. I know not everyone's experience is the same, but after 198K with only predictable upkeep and minor repairs, I'd have to add that it's pretty reliable as well."

Decent Car for the Money

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"I bought my Caliber with 30,000 miles on it and I am now at 130,000. I paid $13,000 for it. I am one of those people that somehow kills every car that I get. And I have to say, aside from some basic maintenence and repairs that are to be expected from driving it so much, it has been a great car. It has a ton of space, cleans easily, and is decent on gas. The interior is all plastic however, it is a low priced car. It is to be expected. But, the plastic has not cracked or chipped and everything functional. Very happy with the investment. The only sad thing is the Kelly Blue Book value is very low."

Cheap in both meanings

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, ok mileage, novel features"

Cons: "You get what you pay for, plastic, poor quality"

"A ok vehicle with no major problems, though lacking in quality. Front-end supsension problems aren't uncommon before the 60k-mile warranty expiration. Also had a power window switch go out just at 96k miles. The vehicle is made primarily of plastic and driver seats arent comfortable beyond an hour long drive (I'm 6', 200lbs)."

Have loved this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "comfort,reiabikity, looks, economy"

"Have thourougl enjoyed this car since ipurchased new in 2009. Love design, interior setup, comfort, fuel economy,satellite radio,waranty, reiability, power for being 4- cyl with 5 speed manual with overdrive. Got upgraded wheels, spoiler, tint and cargo cover. Have moved so much, love roominess, sturdiness,ease of driving, controls,satellite radio, uts easy for all people to get in and out. Really sad 2012 is last year. Other awesomething like dual glove boxes, chilled shwlf for drinks, lightedcup holders,auxiliaryinput, holders, cargolight that is also flashlight. Love it. Even fabric interior has remained awesome. Lovereclining back seat and fold flat storage. All with 30-35mpg and more room than smaller compacts."

the best car I have ever owned and driven!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Cons: "they stopped making them"

"Comfortable, good mileage, sporty, reliable...best car I have ever owned or driven."

Great in Increment weather

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "youngish and sporty looking"

Cons: "none that I could think of at the moment"

"I bought this car on a whim for I got so tired maintaining my old 2000 jeep grand cherokee. I am glad that it was an impulsive decision I didn't regret later on. It took a little getting used to driving from a very large vehicle to a more compact one. I love the way it handles during increment weather systems like heavy rain and snow. It gets me to where I am going with ease. I can definitely feel the powerful 2.4L engine on the freeway maintaining its cruise control speed level. I have the AWD R/T 2008 model and so far no complaints whatsoever. Of course like any other vehicle it needs it scheduled maintenance like oil changes every 3 months or so. I was even pleasantly surprised that it had a small cooler/refrigerator located in storage compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle. What a great idea especially for long distance travel. It also has a cooling feature for the cup holders, something that I would use during the hot summer months. I like the heated seats especially during the artic cold winter blasts that we get here in New Hampshire, plus it has better fuel economy than my old jeep saving me at least on the gas money that I budgeted for the month. It only takes a few minutes for the heater to heat up the entire car especially during the sub-zero temperatures which is great for me. I find myself peeling off my layers in the car even before hitting the traffic light. The air-conditioner is likewise cold too which is great for traveling in the southern states especially during the summer months. For me, I am sure that I will drive it for the next several years. I am so glad that I purchased this vehicle. It was at that time the right price and the right time. No regrets or complains at all."

My First Car Love It

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "great on gas,color great good car"

Cons: "tire price"

me with my car

"This is my first timing owning a car and besides from the pricey tires i love my car. She is great and the color is awesome inside and out."

me with my car

NOT A NEW ENGLAND CAR

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "great price, features, and look, drives big"

Cons: "knee space for 2nd row passengers, snow driving"

"With FWD, this car is definitely not the one you want for any slippery or wet conditions. it is very bad in the snow especially. My fiancees 2002 honda civic is lightyears better in snow, which is sad. I really like the car, but isn't as convenient as i hoped with the cargo space and my dog... little low."