2010 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 690 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."

great driving car

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

"I bought this car new. I would say 95% of the mileage on my car is highway."

Overall very nice car

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, AWD very nice"

Cons: "Backseat belts hard to buckle, transmission"

"I call it my SUV want- to-be due to it's smaller size but roomy front seats and 18 inch wheels that make it a little higher off the ground. With the AWD, it is great in the snow and in getting in an out of places one would generally not be able to access in a car. Backseat is a little small for three and the seat belts are a little difficult to fasten. Seats lay down making it easy to haul bigger items. Roomy behind seats for all those suitcases when traveling. Have had concerns that transmission is starting to slip at 100,000 miles. Fog lights, lighted cup holders, tilt wheel are all nice extras."

Overall very nice car

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive, AWD very nice"

Cons: "Backseat belts hard to buckle, transmission"

Super ride

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Heated seat great steering control"

Cons: "Needs larger storage in back"

"I love this car! Plenty of room for my 6 ft 3 husband and my 6 ft son has room in the back. Love the sound system and the drink cooler. Heated seats are the best even on a hot day with a sore back."

Good First Car!

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, cargo space, reliability, comforts"

Cons: "snow driving, price of new tires"

Me in my car!

"I love my car. It was basically the family car that was given to me at the age of 17 in2011. Things I really like about my 2008 SXT are it has automatic windows, satellite radio, and air conditioning. The 1.8 4 cylinder CVT automatic transmission can be slow at take off but after awhile it has great pick-up. My mom bought it used with 19,000 miles in 2008 and neither of us drive much. Since then it only has 51,000 miles. My only cons with this car is driving in the snow is horrible in this car. I think the 2009 models and up come with traction control. the 2007-08 models don't. I slipped and slid in two winters. After awhile you kinda get used to manipulating it to drive correctly but at first its scary. So I do not suggest it in snowy areas. In rain its completely fine. Its been very reliable and I've only had scheduled matinence done. Car has great cargo space with the back seats folding completely flat. I move often so this little car fits a lot of stuff. Great gas mileage. Not sure how safe it is in accidents cause mine has never been crashed but It has airbags everywhere. The tires on the SXT model are expensive also. Great little car with big room, great gas mileage, and good comforts. I will most likely have this car for many years to come."

Me in my car!

Reliable and comfortable with great utility.

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "looks, utility, comfort, options"

Cons: "fit and finish, acceleration, toomuch hard plastic"

"I bought my Caliber new in June of 2006. It now has 198,000 miles on it and runs as well as it did when new. At 6'4" and 260 lbs, I was looking for something with room, and the Caliber has it. It is painfully slow at take-off thanks to the CVT, but gas mileage is respectable and is has good storage in the back - great with the seats folded down. It is comfortable on the highway as well. I live in North Texas and have driven it to the Gulf Coast in summer, the Rocky Mountains in winter, up to Lake Michigan for vacation and a brutal number of miles in Dallas-Fort Worth traffic. It has handles asphalt, snow and sand equally well. If Dodge had not quit making them, I'd buy another. The fit and finish is cheap, I admit. It is also not at all sporty. But it looks great and if utility and comfort are your thing, it's a good choice. Mine has satellite radio, U-Connect hands free Bluetooth, 9 speaker stereo, leather seats and power sun roof. I know not everyone's experience is the same, but after 198K with only predictable upkeep and minor repairs, I'd have to add that it's pretty reliable as well."

Decent Car for the Money

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"I bought my Caliber with 30,000 miles on it and I am now at 130,000. I paid $13,000 for it. I am one of those people that somehow kills every car that I get. And I have to say, aside from some basic maintenence and repairs that are to be expected from driving it so much, it has been a great car. It has a ton of space, cleans easily, and is decent on gas. The interior is all plastic however, it is a low priced car. It is to be expected. But, the plastic has not cracked or chipped and everything functional. Very happy with the investment. The only sad thing is the Kelly Blue Book value is very low."

Cheap in both meanings

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, ok mileage, novel features"

Cons: "You get what you pay for, plastic, poor quality"

"A ok vehicle with no major problems, though lacking in quality. Front-end supsension problems aren't uncommon before the 60k-mile warranty expiration. Also had a power window switch go out just at 96k miles. The vehicle is made primarily of plastic and driver seats arent comfortable beyond an hour long drive (I'm 6', 200lbs)."

Have loved this car

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "comfort,reiabikity, looks, economy"

"Have thourougl enjoyed this car since ipurchased new in 2009. Love design, interior setup, comfort, fuel economy,satellite radio,waranty, reiability, power for being 4- cyl with 5 speed manual with overdrive. Got upgraded wheels, spoiler, tint and cargo cover. Have moved so much, love roominess, sturdiness,ease of driving, controls,satellite radio, uts easy for all people to get in and out. Really sad 2012 is last year. Other awesomething like dual glove boxes, chilled shwlf for drinks, lightedcup holders,auxiliaryinput, holders, cargolight that is also flashlight. Love it. Even fabric interior has remained awesome. Lovereclining back seat and fold flat storage. All with 30-35mpg and more room than smaller compacts."

the best car I have ever owned and driven!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Cons: "they stopped making them"

"Comfortable, good mileage, sporty, reliable...best car I have ever owned or driven."

Great in Increment weather

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "youngish and sporty looking"

Cons: "none that I could think of at the moment"

"I bought this car on a whim for I got so tired maintaining my old 2000 jeep grand cherokee. I am glad that it was an impulsive decision I didn't regret later on. It took a little getting used to driving from a very large vehicle to a more compact one. I love the way it handles during increment weather systems like heavy rain and snow. It gets me to where I am going with ease. I can definitely feel the powerful 2.4L engine on the freeway maintaining its cruise control speed level. I have the AWD R/T 2008 model and so far no complaints whatsoever. Of course like any other vehicle it needs it scheduled maintenance like oil changes every 3 months or so. I was even pleasantly surprised that it had a small cooler/refrigerator located in storage compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle. What a great idea especially for long distance travel. It also has a cooling feature for the cup holders, something that I would use during the hot summer months. I like the heated seats especially during the artic cold winter blasts that we get here in New Hampshire, plus it has better fuel economy than my old jeep saving me at least on the gas money that I budgeted for the month. It only takes a few minutes for the heater to heat up the entire car especially during the sub-zero temperatures which is great for me. I find myself peeling off my layers in the car even before hitting the traffic light. The air-conditioner is likewise cold too which is great for traveling in the southern states especially during the summer months. For me, I am sure that I will drive it for the next several years. I am so glad that I purchased this vehicle. It was at that time the right price and the right time. No regrets or complains at all."

My First Car Love It

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "great on gas,color great good car"

Cons: "tire price"

me with my car

"This is my first timing owning a car and besides from the pricey tires i love my car. She is great and the color is awesome inside and out."

me with my car

NOT A NEW ENGLAND CAR

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

Pros: "great price, features, and look, drives big"

Cons: "knee space for 2nd row passengers, snow driving"

"With FWD, this car is definitely not the one you want for any slippery or wet conditions. it is very bad in the snow especially. My fiancees 2002 honda civic is lightyears better in snow, which is sad. I really like the car, but isn't as convenient as i hoped with the cargo space and my dog... little low."

Worst vehicle in creation!!!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

"I should have known when I purchased this vehicle it was and two weeks into it( brand new mind you!) they recalled the car for a computer glich. It did well after that in a year the motor for the wipers went out.... thats when the fun began. Pulley assembly,entire front end twice, battery 3 times, motor mounts. I could not wait to get rid of it!"

Ready to trade!!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "To many to list"

"I had no choice to buy this car only due to bad credit and they seen me coming. At 80,000 miles I drove on the interstate at the speed limit for approximently 1 hour 45 min when the transmission shut down to over heat, no warning or whining. Transmission fluid can only be changed professionally which is 145 or greater. 3 months later ball joints went out and brakes failed this car was maintained because it was a one time owner through a rent to own service. At 100,00 miles no warning alternator failed after completion 110,000 miles road trip consist of another transmission failure and now fuel injectors need replaced. I have fixed all repairs to only have hope to trade in soon as possible."

Reliable vehicle

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

"I am a white female commuter. I wasn't a commuter when I purchased the vehicle. I was concerned about prematurely wearing down the engine. I have maintained the manufacture's maintenance recommendations and as a result the vehicle has taken very good care of me. It has surprising acceleration. It is extremely responsive. The split rear seats provide the room I need for transporting large items. The front passenger seats folds flat adding several more usable feet for storage."

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Price, value, reliability"

Cons: "Little cramped interior, I don't like hatchbacks"

"I bought this car for 12,300, 5 years ago. Its been an excellent reliable car. I've only had to do general maintenance. I love the front wheel drive for handling and in snow country, I get really good traction. It's peppy, handles very well and I get around 27-30 mpg with good gas none from AM&PM. The paint is still excellent and I don't have a garage as well as all the windows don't have water spots. I was it on a regular basis about once a month or so and clean the interior throughly once a year. This car has been a daily driver, very reliable, I've been extremely happy with this purchase."

My Caliber

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Stereo! Fun to drive and heated seats!"

Cons: "Excessive engine heat and engine noise"

"What I love about it: the stereo the ablities it has in the snow,ice,sleet, and rain the headlights/fog lights the steering the comfort of seats heated seats the hatch and flat fold down seats did I mention the stereo? the dual glove boxes/cooler (great for baby bottles in the Summer) the iPod hook up roomy armrest compartment the dual colored seats it's super sporty What I dislike: the loud engine noise the excessive heat at my legs in the Summer from the engine wish it had more pep to go with the sporty look A little more room in the backseat I'd give this car an 8 out of 10 rating. It's actually fun to drive and sooooo reliable in the snow. With good tires I pass people on the highway (safely mind you), you know those crawlers that drive 15mph with their 4-ways on. Grr... I'd definatly recommend this car to a friend without children. There isn't a whole lots of extra room in the back."

I've enjoyed owning this car. Great mileage.

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

"32-33 mpg on highway driving. Very good mileage. Easy to drive. The interior and exterior are good for the eye."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This is an amazing car, very fun to drive, has been very dependable, and it's an affordable performance car. It has tunred out to be one of by favorite vehicles ever."

Money Pit

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, safe, good sound system, roomy"

Cons: "expensive repairs, varying gas mileage"

"My caliber and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the style and safety of the car. The sound system is awesome and it is so comfortable. The downside, I've had quite a few mechanical issues including electrical shortages due to faulty factory alternator which caused $2,000 worth of havoc as well as oil pressure and exhaust systems which are another $1,000 in repairs. The gas mileage is very inconsistent and parts are hard to come by for this car and cost more than it's worth. For the price I payed I felt I got a good deal, but after the repairs, I will be trading it in as soon as possible!"

great vehicle considering the price

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, manual shifts smoott, comfortable"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow."

"Bought one of these for my wife. I liked the car so much, I purchased one for myself. It's a great car, has been very reliable for me. No problems as of yet. The base model has a lot of fancy features that were not on other cars in the same price range. The seats are very comfortable even after a 7 hour trip. It handles great considering it's a little hatchback car. The downside is that it is slow pulling out. It's not zippy. The dashboard and interior is admittedly cheap looking. It's an economy car with an economy interior. There are a few things such as locking floor mats and the beefy shifter boot that makes the interior not so bad. There is a good bit of room in the front seats. Taller people should be quite comfortable. The rear seats, not so much. it's quite cramped back there. The hatch has a decent amount of storage space and putting the seats down makes mving bigger stuff very easy. Things like kitchen chairs, a bike or even (god forbid) a drumset. The gas mileage is one of the best features, the mileage is actually better than my neighbor's smart car. I do a lot of highway driving and I actually get the 32 mpg it said on the sticker. In short, it's not a luxury car. The interior is cheap looking, but comfortable. It's got a lot of electronics, plug for the mp3 player, power windows and locks, keyless entry. It doesn't accelerate fast, but the mileage it gets is really good. I liked the car enough that I bought two and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

Great car for a small family/ no family

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage"

Cons: "too small"

"This was my first car I got it when I was 16 loved it minus the huge blind stops in the front. Gas milage is amazing and runs great. Issues though I found on on a trip if you have a car seat only one small person can fit in the back comfy. Also get body damage easy. Thats why I recommend it for a first time care"

Very comfortable, particularly for long hauls.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Purchased this vehicle (with approx. 40,000 miles on it) primarily because my wife (has back and hip problems) really liked the seats. CVT took a little getting used to, however I learned from the internet how to reset the throttle response and when this was done I began to realize that although it may seem a little slugish in response (because there is no perceived downshift) I found that the vehicle, because of the smoothness, is really going much faster than you would think. After driving this vehicle about 6000 miles and getting used to the CVT, it has become a very enjoyable experience."