2010 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 700 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10
Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next

Good car for the money

By on Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Rear disc brakes would be good. Needs more 12 volt plug ins - one is not enough! Could be quieter from road noise. After 36,000 miles overall mileage 26+. High 20's on highway with 2.0L & CVT trans. About 85% highway miles. Squeaky rear drum brakes only mechanical problem."

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"It is a great car for the money.In my opinion its better rideing than the pontiac vibe.It has a ride like a suv but the fuel econ0mey like a small car."

Good Economy Car

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"The CVT Automatic is difficult to get used to, but it seems to improve the overall mileage, but it is rather slow when trying to get out into traffic. You need to ensure there is plenty of room when you try and get into traffic."

good value vehicle

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"This vehicle is a good value. The only things that i wish were different: interior room and acceloration. Otherwise, I love it!!"

Lotsa car from the price

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"I agree with most of the reviews that this vehicle does not have a lot of "umph", even from the 2.4 L engine. This is due to the vehicle being a little on the heavy side for a "compact" "wagon". I have the R/T version and love the AWD. The AWD has gotten me through some pretty nasty driving conditions. I have had a few minor problems with a rear speaker and the steering wheel mounted radio controls. Dodge is going to replace under warranty. The Boston Acoustic Sound System is by far the best "factory" (extra cost of course) installed stereo I have ever heard. It rocks! The EPA estimate mileage is 20 city/26 hwy. I have been consistently getting 25 mph in a 50/50 balance of city-highway driving. I can't wait to get it on a long distance/steady speed highway jaunt. This car does offer a lot of value/accessories for the price (I paid about $22,500). If you don't have $30000 to spend on a loaded small-medium SUV you should look into this vehicle, especially now that Dodge is offering a limited lifetime powertrain warranty. I bought the Caliber when they first came out and were in short supply. I was not able to negotiate a lower price. By now you should be able to haggle $1000-$2000 off the price tag I would think."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I love my car . The only problem I have with mine is the sun roof is noisy. Make sure you drive it on a ruff road before you buy if you get a sun roof to make sure it doesn't make noise or isn't loose."

First Car Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Good vehicle for traveling"

Great car

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I've owned this vehicle for 16 months and have driven it over 25,000 miles. I have been all over the country, including 2 trips to Colorado. In my opinion it performed well at high altitiudes and while it could use a bit more power it never faltered. Normal driving I have averaged about 31 mpg, with the lowest being 27 in town. Comfort wise it's fine, I'm 6'4" and weigh 250 lbs. and have no problems. If I had to complain about something it would be road noise. It seems a bit loud but nothing one can't adjust to. I would buy another one tomorrow if the need arose."

love it

By on Friday, August 24, 2007

"I really love my caliber. Its sporty and family together. My kids love it as well. Couldnt be happier."

No power here

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I loved the look of this car so much, and bought it based on a small test drive. Interior room is great for me (6'2"). But... this car has absolutely NO power whatsoever. Well, I take that back: by the time you get to 3000 RPMs it is adequate. But it takes forever to get it up. Now I'm not amuscle head looking to blow from 0-60 in 2 seconds, but I would like to go up a small hill without having to shift all the way down to 2nd gear! And you have to pick your spots when passing on the highway. Just no response to hitting the gas... As others have stated, vision out of the rear of the car is very poor. I get lots of nice comments from people on my car, but find myself muttering to myself "if you only knew." Over-all I really wanna give this car a good grade, because I really want to love it, but I'm afraid I can't. My advice: take it for a very thorough test drive. Try passing some people on the highway, and go up a steep hill. Put the limited rear visibility to the test. If you can live with what you see from these two key areas, then buy it, otherwise keep looking..."

Holds up great in crash!!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I owned my 07 caliber for 3 months before i wrecked it. Sad, i know. Doing about 50mph i was looking down and hit a stopped vehicle in front of me. My airbags and bolster bags came out and bruised my legs somewhat but my car held up beautifully! The damage wasn't cheap to fix but hitting some one that hard and walking away with a little bruise is amazing. As for the taurus i hit, well, it didn't hold up at all- almost looked like i ran over him. If anyone had been in the back seat of the other vehicle they would have been seriously injured. I tested the AWD in a muddy field going up hill and it handled great- i was so proud. Love this car- so glad i bought it!!"

Not impressed

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I really liked the style of the car when it came out. I thought for sure it was the car for me, I am 5'8" and I have bumped my head getting in a few times. It's great for someone's first car or if you are not in a hurry. It does not have the power I need when I hit the hwy. It just seems to have a slow take off. The CD player is GREAT and has powerful sound!!"

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This car has been wonderful, I bought one of the first to come out, and have had only one minor recall on it. It's been great ever since. It's a great performer, handles excellent. It's a lot of fun to drive!"

lot of problems

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I had water enter the inside and soak the floor boards twice. They said it was the a/c overflow tube clogged and kinked. slow on take off and not near the gas mileage listed. Also the hood meeting the front of the car has a noticeable mismatch that I believe caused the water to enter the passenger and drivers side interior. Dodge would not compensate for them having to tear up the inside of my car twice, and left me with a flood damaged vehicle."

Disappointment

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Looks great, but still just an average car. Noisy, vision is too limited, and bumpy ride. Not a performance bumpy, but rattling, even jarring ride. Feels cheap. First and last Dodge I ever buy."

Crossover

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Bought used with 3000 miles in pristine condition. Takes getting used to the variable transaxle, but it works well. Got 30 miles per gallon on first road trip averaging about 75 MPH. Interior comfort could be better, but not bad. visibility our of rear is poor with small back window. Nice versatility with fold down seating. A little hotter than expected with the 2.0 liter engine. paid 16,000 for vehicle one year old with 3000 miles and a few extras."

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Good Price-Good X-over

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I liked the price and styling. The 2.0 liter engine is fast and responsive. Couldn't ask for anything more with such a great look and feel."

GREAT CAR

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"love the car!! gets great gas mileage, plenty of room, built in cooler, && glowing cups holders. very stylish..."

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

Awesome

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Great car for the money"

love it

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"no complaints, good gas mileage, happy with purchase, have had since Sept 06, 14,000 miles hwy 32 mpg, back and forth part highway part city 28, don't drive in city for extended time, don't know what say Tucson end to end would be like."

great

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"good mileage, excellant handling, even in the wind. long trips don't get you tired. vision out the back is a little soft."

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ok vehicle for the money!

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"When I first went looking for a car, my husband fell in love with the Caliber and really wanted me to buy it. The style and layout of the car is awesome. It looks very sporty and is reasonably comfortable to drive long distances. As I travel for work a little, comfort was a big thing for me. The gas mileage, while not what is claimed on the sticker, is still very reasonable and decent. I love the fact that I can plug my I-Pod in and go on trips with it, that part is great. My daughter loves the "chill zone" and is always putting items in it to keep them cold. I have the R/T AWD verison and it handles really well in the snow we get here in Michigan. That's the good, now for the negative. I had a moon roof installed through the dealer after purchase and that has broken or "unprogrammed" itself half a dozen times in the year that I have had it. It also pulls to the right a lot, I have had it into the dealership and they say that is the design, so that if you fall asleep at the wheel you go off the road and not into oncoming traffic, after a year I am still getting used to that. I don't like the hatchback, groceries and school stuff tend to shift while driving and fall out when opening the hatch. The car has a lot of textured pastic on the interior and it tends to get dirty, especially during the winter months, and getting the dirt out of the grooves of the texture is not easy. Now for my biggest complaint, the CLOTH SEATS!!! I had the fabric protection put on the seats before purchase and the fabric had some kind of weird reaction to the chemicals. Now even if my teen puts a water bottle on the seat that has condensation on it, I get big brown circle spots on the seats and I am constantly having the dealership clean the same spots over and over. I know there is some kind of recall or notice that Dodge has issued concerning the cloth seats, but I have a devil of a time having the seats cleaned properly and the same spots not showing through again in a weeks time. When my lease is up next year, I will definetly not be buying the car out. I am seriously considering going back to a Saturn. I had one before the Caliver, and I loved it, a completely different experience. This is my first experience with a Dodge product and I am not impressed and will probably never purchase another Dodge or Chrysler product again. I am highly disappointed in this purchase!!!!"

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next