2010 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 682 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10
Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next

GREAT CAR

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"love the car!! gets great gas mileage, plenty of room, built in cooler, && glowing cups holders. very stylish..."

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

Awesome

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Great car for the money"

love it

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"no complaints, good gas mileage, happy with purchase, have had since Sept 06, 14,000 miles hwy 32 mpg, back and forth part highway part city 28, don't drive in city for extended time, don't know what say Tucson end to end would be like."

great

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"good mileage, excellant handling, even in the wind. long trips don't get you tired. vision out the back is a little soft."

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ok vehicle for the money!

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"When I first went looking for a car, my husband fell in love with the Caliber and really wanted me to buy it. The style and layout of the car is awesome. It looks very sporty and is reasonably comfortable to drive long distances. As I travel for work a little, comfort was a big thing for me. The gas mileage, while not what is claimed on the sticker, is still very reasonable and decent. I love the fact that I can plug my I-Pod in and go on trips with it, that part is great. My daughter loves the "chill zone" and is always putting items in it to keep them cold. I have the R/T AWD verison and it handles really well in the snow we get here in Michigan. That's the good, now for the negative. I had a moon roof installed through the dealer after purchase and that has broken or "unprogrammed" itself half a dozen times in the year that I have had it. It also pulls to the right a lot, I have had it into the dealership and they say that is the design, so that if you fall asleep at the wheel you go off the road and not into oncoming traffic, after a year I am still getting used to that. I don't like the hatchback, groceries and school stuff tend to shift while driving and fall out when opening the hatch. The car has a lot of textured pastic on the interior and it tends to get dirty, especially during the winter months, and getting the dirt out of the grooves of the texture is not easy. Now for my biggest complaint, the CLOTH SEATS!!! I had the fabric protection put on the seats before purchase and the fabric had some kind of weird reaction to the chemicals. Now even if my teen puts a water bottle on the seat that has condensation on it, I get big brown circle spots on the seats and I am constantly having the dealership clean the same spots over and over. I know there is some kind of recall or notice that Dodge has issued concerning the cloth seats, but I have a devil of a time having the seats cleaned properly and the same spots not showing through again in a weeks time. When my lease is up next year, I will definetly not be buying the car out. I am seriously considering going back to a Saturn. I had one before the Caliver, and I loved it, a completely different experience. This is my first experience with a Dodge product and I am not impressed and will probably never purchase another Dodge or Chrysler product again. I am highly disappointed in this purchase!!!!"

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm lovin' it!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Great car! I love the size, style and performance. I've had a Caliber for almost a year now and I wouldn't think of trading it in any time soon."

Everything I Wanted and More

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Traded in 2002 Dodge Durango looking for better gas mileage. Kept going back to the Caliber. Wanted a car but liked the SUV feel. Completely satisfied! My gas mileage has almost tripled! My car insurance went down! The car is solidly built. I love the road performance and driver-friendly environment. My husband is 6'2" and was worried he would be "cramped." Upon his first ride he was sold! Even with the moonroof, he still has several inches of head room and substantial leg room in the back seat. My kids think the Chill Zone is "sweet." The size of the cargo area was pleasantly surprising. Of all the vehicles I have owned, the is the first time I feel I have completely got my money's worth! It doesn't hurt that everywhere I go people comment on my Caliber and ask questions about it! I would recommend it to anyone!"

Nightmare vehicle!!

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"This car has been a nightmare from day one!! It is in the garage more then what I have it! Would NOT recommend to anyone! It has electrical problems, rear windows don't always work, problems with the suspension, Very noisy ride!!"

visibility

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Visibility out the sides and back of this vehicle is very dangerous. It is extremely hard too see, almost got hit several times. The car is made with very cheap materials almost feels like driving in a tin can. My recommendation to anyone interested in buying this vehicle, take it home over-night and drive it as much as you can."

Nice to look at...

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I bought one of these in December. I am on the short side, so I have to sit fairly close to the wheel. Underneath the wheel there is a huge plastic casing that I had to get used to before the bruises on my knees would go away. Boyfriend doesn't like driving it because of the plastic casing beneath the wheel as well.. It is very awkward. Otherwise, it is really comfortable. I've moved twice since I bought the car, and it is great for folding down the back and packing up. I have had to rely on the warranty twice; first because the handle on the gear shaft popped off and second because the heat here in AZ warped the plastic casing on the hatch door and it popped out. No mechanical problems, but I could definitely feel the difference in function after my first oil change."

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

If I could change the past...

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"If I could change the past, I would not have purchased this car. At first, I loved it but as time goes on, I'm less and less pleased. My neighbors owned one and I felt it was really eye-catching plus I was in the market for a more economical vehicle so I test drove it and purchased it. It has nice lines, an aggressive grill, feels roomy, and has lots of uncommon features inside. It was affordable and (in my opinion) makes an acceptible starter car. Ok... that's the positive. Now for the negative. I have 3 major complaints (I have more smaller ones but I'll limit my list to the top 3). First, the A/C does NOT get very cold. I live it Arizona. I have a toddler. It was 116 yesterday. Air Condition is CRUCIAL! When I took it back to the dealership, I was told that "all calibers are like this" and there was "nothing to fix". Second, sometimes, when I leave a stop, it will begin to accellerate then randomly begin to SLOW DOWN!! Sometimes it happens, sometimes it won't. It is very scary when it does happen. It really makes you think twice about giving extra cushion incase it begins to dog out. Sometimes it will stay without power for only a few seconds, sometimes up to 10! Again, I took it back to the dealership and was told the same thing as the A/C. "It's the design of the CVT transmission... that's what gives you smooth shifting. There's nothing wrong." Oh... OK. sound familiar? Third, I've owned my Caliber for one year almost to the day. I purchased the extended, expanded warranty at the time of purchase covering all bells and whistles figuring it was better to be safe than sorry, right? Wrong. I have all my services done ON TIME at the dealership. I take very, very good care of my vehicles. The engine has starting knocking / pinging on accelleration. You really hear it on an incline (like in a parking garage) or in an enclosed space (like an alley or drive-through). I thought perhaps I was using too rich or too lean of a gas so I reviewed the owners manual which specified 87 octane... the octane i'd been using. I changed brands of gas for over a month with no change. Ok... not the gas. Finally, I took back to the dealership I was told... guess... "It's the automatic tensioner belt *blah blah blah*. All calibers do that. There's nothing wrong. Even if we did do something about it, it wouldn't be covered under warranty." Hmmm... my neighbors just traded theirs in because they were having so many problems with it. Looks like I'll be following in their footsteps again."

Stands out from the rest

By on Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"I love that my Caliber does not look like every other car on the road. Many people comment on the styling of my car. I love that I can plug in my I-Pod and the lift gate speakers are really cool too. I opted for the red R/T with the gray interior. Having a little color on the inside is great, although I don't really care for the red seat inserts... but it was the only way I could get the red control panel. My only little complaint performance-wise would be that the A/C just does not seem to get cool enough. I also own a 1997 Chevy Lumina that still has a much cooler A/C. Otherwise, I love my Caliber and recommend it highly."

By on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Good Economy Car

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"I love my Caliber. I drive 50 miles daily to work and traded in my Ford Ranger for it (which I loved!!). It is great in the rain, good in dry weather, a little iffy in wind, but all in all, a good versatile car. Have taken several 500+ mile trips in it and it was great, got 30 mpg open road, with avg mpg of 23 in town. For a smallish car, I love it"

Great Success!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Its nice, affordable, looks as aggressive as a wagon can, and is very functional all around. I drove 4 friends to a concert in Tucson and it was comfortable and good on gas. I like the ground clearance although I would prefer larger tires for a less bouncy ride at high speeds. At low speeds it is smooth and comfortable, much better then my last car, a nissan. The interior design is "Key" it looks more expensive then cars 5 to 10 thousand more although it has alot of plastic but every new car does. So far I have folded down the seats and delivered a fairly large coffee table set with two people in the car as well as gone to several concerts with a drumset and or 2 half stacks and various guitar equipment. I needed a car that could carry stuff but I also wanted better mileage then my nissan frontier and I wanted to be able to carry 4 or 5 people comfortably. I can do all 3 for cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, and one of the best looking new cars for the price hands down. I'm also getting a tow hitch installed and I intend on taking the Caliber on tour with my band and a small trailer. The only complaint I have with this car is a lower quality paint job. Make sure you don't pay more then 13,000 for a base model, if they say its more their lying, I have one with A/C, Cd player, airbags, window tint, door edge guards and more for slightly under 13(stickshift of course). I'm so content with never owning a nissan again."

GOOD VEHICLE FOR PRICE

By on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT MY CALIBER IS THE HANDLING OF IT IN THE WINTER. I DID NOT FEEL SAFE IN IT THIS PAST WINTER."

HOT family car!

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"This car is great for a normal sized family, but its is also very sleek for a young single person as it does not lack style."

By on Sunday, May 27, 2007