2010 Dodge Caliber

7.2

Based on 682 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Nightmare vehicle!!

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"This car has been a nightmare from day one!! It is in the garage more then what I have it! Would NOT recommend to anyone! It has electrical problems, rear windows don't always work, problems with the suspension, Very noisy ride!!"

visibility

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Visibility out the sides and back of this vehicle is very dangerous. It is extremely hard too see, almost got hit several times. The car is made with very cheap materials almost feels like driving in a tin can. My recommendation to anyone interested in buying this vehicle, take it home over-night and drive it as much as you can."

Nice to look at...

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I bought one of these in December. I am on the short side, so I have to sit fairly close to the wheel. Underneath the wheel there is a huge plastic casing that I had to get used to before the bruises on my knees would go away. Boyfriend doesn't like driving it because of the plastic casing beneath the wheel as well.. It is very awkward. Otherwise, it is really comfortable. I've moved twice since I bought the car, and it is great for folding down the back and packing up. I have had to rely on the warranty twice; first because the handle on the gear shaft popped off and second because the heat here in AZ warped the plastic casing on the hatch door and it popped out. No mechanical problems, but I could definitely feel the difference in function after my first oil change."

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

If I could change the past...

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"If I could change the past, I would not have purchased this car. At first, I loved it but as time goes on, I'm less and less pleased. My neighbors owned one and I felt it was really eye-catching plus I was in the market for a more economical vehicle so I test drove it and purchased it. It has nice lines, an aggressive grill, feels roomy, and has lots of uncommon features inside. It was affordable and (in my opinion) makes an acceptible starter car. Ok... that's the positive. Now for the negative. I have 3 major complaints (I have more smaller ones but I'll limit my list to the top 3). First, the A/C does NOT get very cold. I live it Arizona. I have a toddler. It was 116 yesterday. Air Condition is CRUCIAL! When I took it back to the dealership, I was told that "all calibers are like this" and there was "nothing to fix". Second, sometimes, when I leave a stop, it will begin to accellerate then randomly begin to SLOW DOWN!! Sometimes it happens, sometimes it won't. It is very scary when it does happen. It really makes you think twice about giving extra cushion incase it begins to dog out. Sometimes it will stay without power for only a few seconds, sometimes up to 10! Again, I took it back to the dealership and was told the same thing as the A/C. "It's the design of the CVT transmission... that's what gives you smooth shifting. There's nothing wrong." Oh... OK. sound familiar? Third, I've owned my Caliber for one year almost to the day. I purchased the extended, expanded warranty at the time of purchase covering all bells and whistles figuring it was better to be safe than sorry, right? Wrong. I have all my services done ON TIME at the dealership. I take very, very good care of my vehicles. The engine has starting knocking / pinging on accelleration. You really hear it on an incline (like in a parking garage) or in an enclosed space (like an alley or drive-through). I thought perhaps I was using too rich or too lean of a gas so I reviewed the owners manual which specified 87 octane... the octane i'd been using. I changed brands of gas for over a month with no change. Ok... not the gas. Finally, I took back to the dealership I was told... guess... "It's the automatic tensioner belt *blah blah blah*. All calibers do that. There's nothing wrong. Even if we did do something about it, it wouldn't be covered under warranty." Hmmm... my neighbors just traded theirs in because they were having so many problems with it. Looks like I'll be following in their footsteps again."