2010 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 728 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Great car for the money!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Alot of extras for a car of this price range."

Cons: "????????"

"I bought this car 3 years ago, and I enjoy driving it. There were a few bad reviews on this vehicle because of road noise and a few others. You can't go by all the reviews, because some people aren't happy with anything. It's a 10000 car. test drive one and if you like it buy it. No matter what car you buy, you'll find something negative about it somewhere. my wife bought a new Elantra, would i buy one instead of this caliber, no. It's still a 10000 car!! It handles nice , I feel safe in it and it's easy to drive. Good car for the money.."

Biggest mistake in buying this car

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reason: Horrible Car

Pros: "The outside design of the car."

Cons: "The entire car!"

"Absolutley the biggest mistake I have ever made was buying this car. I bought a 2007 with 23,ooo miles on it and payed a decent price for it. I opted to get the extended warranty and it's a good thing. Without the warranty in an 18 month span of time I would of spent appronimatley 6 to 7 thousand dollars on repairs and towing fees. Flatbedded 6 times in less than a year. 1. Release broke and couldn't shift out of park. Stuck at gas station for 4 hours with the clerk yelling at me. Flatbedded 2. Failed Inspection.. Inner and outer tie rods. 3. Drivers side Lower control arm. 4. Failed Inspection...Ball joints replaced. 5. Alternator went.. Flatbedded 6. Battery went.. (ok this one was ok with me but still) 7. Starter ... Flatbedded 8. Axel... Flatbedded 9. Steerig Column issues. By the time I traded this car in I had pretty much replaced the entire front end. And this is just what I remember replacing in it. Dodge told me it was because of "winter" road conditions!"

I've owned this car for 3 years and still love it!

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, light up cup holders"

Cons: "no hatch release on key fob"

"My husband is a wheelchair bound paraplegic so we were looking for a vehicle that didn't sit too high he could not transfer into it from his wheelchair, but that also offered enough room for our family and his wheelchair. I bought my Caliber in 2011 (almost new) with 17,000 because it had been the dealer's car. I fell in love with the outside design online, and after simply sitting behind the wheel for my test drive I knew this was my car. Everything is well laid out inside for the driver, and I loved all of the upgrades that were included in the price. I have had this car for almost 3 years now and it is still as fun to drive as my initial test drive. The engine has some spunk (enough to beat other drivers off the line at red lights, which my husband loves) and the car has enough room for all of our needs. My only gripes about this vehicle (which are very minor) is that the headlights come on whenever the car is unlocked, and there is no button on the key fob to open the hatch. Both are very minor issues though and do not hinder my daily activity. I love this car, the gas mileage, and it's overall performance. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the crossover without the high price tag."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

"This is an amazing car, very fun to drive, has been very dependable, and it's an affordable performance car. It has tunred out to be one of by favorite vehicles ever."

great vehicle considering the price

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage, manual shifts smoott, comfortable"

Cons: "cheap interior, slow."

"Bought one of these for my wife. I liked the car so much, I purchased one for myself. It's a great car, has been very reliable for me. No problems as of yet. The base model has a lot of fancy features that were not on other cars in the same price range. The seats are very comfortable even after a 7 hour trip. It handles great considering it's a little hatchback car. The downside is that it is slow pulling out. It's not zippy. The dashboard and interior is admittedly cheap looking. It's an economy car with an economy interior. There are a few things such as locking floor mats and the beefy shifter boot that makes the interior not so bad. There is a good bit of room in the front seats. Taller people should be quite comfortable. The rear seats, not so much. it's quite cramped back there. The hatch has a decent amount of storage space and putting the seats down makes mving bigger stuff very easy. Things like kitchen chairs, a bike or even (god forbid) a drumset. The gas mileage is one of the best features, the mileage is actually better than my neighbor's smart car. I do a lot of highway driving and I actually get the 32 mpg it said on the sticker. In short, it's not a luxury car. The interior is cheap looking, but comfortable. It's got a lot of electronics, plug for the mp3 player, power windows and locks, keyless entry. It doesn't accelerate fast, but the mileage it gets is really good. I liked the car enough that I bought two and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

Great Success!

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Its nice, affordable, looks as aggressive as a wagon can, and is very functional all around. I drove 4 friends to a concert in Tucson and it was comfortable and good on gas. I like the ground clearance although I would prefer larger tires for a less bouncy ride at high speeds. At low speeds it is smooth and comfortable, much better then my last car, a nissan. The interior design is "Key" it looks more expensive then cars 5 to 10 thousand more although it has alot of plastic but every new car does. So far I have folded down the seats and delivered a fairly large coffee table set with two people in the car as well as gone to several concerts with a drumset and or 2 half stacks and various guitar equipment. I needed a car that could carry stuff but I also wanted better mileage then my nissan frontier and I wanted to be able to carry 4 or 5 people comfortably. I can do all 3 for cheaper gas, cheaper insurance, and one of the best looking new cars for the price hands down. I'm also getting a tow hitch installed and I intend on taking the Caliber on tour with my band and a small trailer. The only complaint I have with this car is a lower quality paint job. Make sure you don't pay more then 13,000 for a base model, if they say its more their lying, I have one with A/C, Cd player, airbags, window tint, door edge guards and more for slightly under 13(stickshift of course). I'm so content with never owning a nissan again."

everyday its another problem.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "none"

Cons: "junk top to bottom"

"We let me first say the only good thing about this car is the fuel milage, with that being said, here goes. First of all if i new that low profile tires only lasted 20,000 mi. i would has kept looking for another car. Also the awd is usless because u can not find an agressive enough tire to grab in ice n snow! I put 57 miles a day on going to work and back. but all highway miles and i just had to put a new rack in it! Around 40,000 miles the control arms needed to be replaced, wishbone suspension had to be replaced last month and control arm, cruise control wont work anymome. Air bag light is on and check engine light! I baby this car and maintain it every 3,000 mi. However everytime it snows an inch or more i have to jump into my 1995 jeep cherokee with 300,000 miles on it. So tell me were the heck am i saving money by driving this small car? for the money i put into it in reppairs and tires is far mooooore than the money i save in gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reliable and comfortable with great utility.

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "looks, utility, comfort, options"

Cons: "fit and finish, acceleration, toomuch hard plastic"

"I bought my Caliber new in June of 2006. It now has 198,000 miles on it and runs as well as it did when new. At 6'4" and 260 lbs, I was looking for something with room, and the Caliber has it. It is painfully slow at take-off thanks to the CVT, but gas mileage is respectable and is has good storage in the back - great with the seats folded down. It is comfortable on the highway as well. I live in North Texas and have driven it to the Gulf Coast in summer, the Rocky Mountains in winter, up to Lake Michigan for vacation and a brutal number of miles in Dallas-Fort Worth traffic. It has handles asphalt, snow and sand equally well. If Dodge had not quit making them, I'd buy another. The fit and finish is cheap, I admit. It is also not at all sporty. But it looks great and if utility and comfort are your thing, it's a good choice. Mine has satellite radio, U-Connect hands free Bluetooth, 9 speaker stereo, leather seats and power sun roof. I know not everyone's experience is the same, but after 198K with only predictable upkeep and minor repairs, I'd have to add that it's pretty reliable as well."

Car must have been made on Friday at 4PM

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Good sound from speakers"

Cons: "See review above..."

"LOTS of problems--Engine head replacement at 54K miles, Alternator replacement due to known defect, noisy front suspension, hard/lifeless/uncomfortable interior, seat trim broken, airbags unreliable (light is on), front brake rotors always warped (inadequate braking system), interior panels rattle/vibrate loudly. Chill Zone doesn't cool drinks as advertised, can't change headlight bulbs as DIY--due to design of car. Also changing headlights can trigger computer to disable one (or both) low-beams, requiring dealer visit to clear the code. Loose fuel cap will trigger check engine light with code for oxygen sensor (almost replaced it too!), loud and rough engine (2.0L World Engine)--sounds like a sewing machine. Fiat should have killed this car the minute they took over Chrysler. I have orders from my wife--get rid of this car!"

A great car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Great price and MPGs. Low maintenance."

Cons: "Fairly cheap interior. Too soft seats."

"I have owned a Jeep Patriot for over two years and really like the car. When I was looking for a reliable second car, I initially thought about buying used. A local Dodge dealer had a "one day only" sale on a base Caliber Express. The price was $12k! If you have looked at the price of used cars lately, you know that $12k does not buy very much. Especially a car with power mirrors, windows and door locks and cruise control. From my experience with the Jeep, I knew that I would enjoy driving the Caliber just fine (as they share the same platform/engines/transmissions/suspensions, etc.). The Caliber drives even better than the Jeep. It does have the same too soft seats. I wish that they were firmer and had more support. But the seat material is improved from my Jeep. Is this car a Porsche? No, not by a long shot. Are there better cars out there? Yes, but nothing can touch this car for the money that I paid. The Caliber is a nice solid car with a decent ride, good reliability, great fuel economy and low maintenance. Nothing fancy. It just gets the job done reliabily and with a low cost."