2009 Dodge Caliber

7.3

Based on 739 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

7.4/10
    7.5/10

Better Then You Would Expect

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Great Price,Decent Room For Size,Nice Features"

Cons: "Better Power Train V6 Option ,And Smoother Ride"

"Total Overall Design Is Not Bad At All Kinda Aggressive And Yet Sporty. Ride Is Decent But Could Be Better In Terms Of Smoothness And Comfort.Cant Complain Much though,Because It Is A Compact Entry Classed Car Not A Cadillac. Radio And Controls Are All Perfect Great Speakers (Bass Is Impressive)Satellite Radio Is A Nice Touch W/Bluetooth Phone Heated Seats And Also Fog Lights And 17 Inch Wheels I Added a H.I.D Kit To The Head Lamps/Fogs Take Off Is OK,You wont be Left At the Stop Light But Its Far from A Sports Car. Overall This Vehicle Never Gave Me Problems I Purchased Brand New My Opinion Model Year 2011/2012 Were The Best And Last Years For the Car I feel It Was A Better Choice Over A Lot Of Other Cars In the Segment With Bolder Styling And More Roominess And Just A More Respectable Presence Over Exp: Focus,Cobalt,Corolla To Name A Few Which Are All Great Options Also."

Very comfortable, particularly for long hauls.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Purchased this vehicle (with approx. 40,000 miles on it) primarily because my wife (has back and hip problems) really liked the seats. CVT took a little getting used to, however I learned from the internet how to reset the throttle response and when this was done I began to realize that although it may seem a little slugish in response (because there is no perceived downshift) I found that the vehicle, because of the smoothness, is really going much faster than you would think. After driving this vehicle about 6000 miles and getting used to the CVT, it has become a very enjoyable experience."

Great car...

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

"This is a great car for any commuter or student. It is extremely reliable, as I have not had a single problem with my car in 4 years. I strongly recommend this car if it's size is okay with you. It takes some adjusting to since you can't see the hood of the car when you're driving! Dodge has given us a small car that makes the gas prices more tolerable yet they have maxed out the available space! I love that every seat folds down...so does my dog! Love it..."

Good Daily Driver!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "takes turns well, easy on gas"

Cons: "small gas tank, loud interiour sound"

"I drive this car every day, all day, and for many miles. This car caught my eye because of its sharp look, and because I came from a minivan that sucked gas, its fuel economy. Many may say there are blind spots galore, but I find that to be subjective. I do not suffer that issue. I do not have many blind spots in this car. I am also very short but do not sit right on the wheel. This may give me less blind spots. I have the CVT transmission, and it took a little adjusting to get used to. I enjoy this feature for its smooth ride. There is an added perk, it is non-serviceable. I took it for a transmission flush, and the service tech told me that the only time they touch the transmission is if they are replacing it. They do not even touch the fluids. It is a durable vehicle. I put on a lot of miles on this vehicle in a short amount of time. The sound system is amazing. I have to say, however, that it sounds like a tin can going down the road. If high quality is what someone is looking for, this is probably not it. But if someone is looking for a good, everyday driver that is good on gas, good on price, and easy on the eyes, I say consider the Dodge Caliber. There is a lot of car here."

Lemon!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Can't think of any"

Cons: "Constant repair costs"

"I own a 2008 Dodge Caliber and I am driving a mini van. I have owned this car 4 years and have put over $3,000 in repairs. To date I have replaced the entire rear suspension, front wheel baring, both front ti rods, the entire brake system (master cylinder , rotors ,calibers brake lines ect), it is currently unable to be driven due to needing more repairs. The transmission needs repaired probably replaced it won't shift into any gear higher than 3rd and shifts hard the gears it does go into, the two front controller arms need replaced,the front left abs sensor needs replaced and the door hinges open and close hard also the hinges on the back hatch no longer hold it up. There is 112,000 miles which is high but not high enough for that many issues. I am also 44 year old careful driver. I am still paying for a car that doesn't run. I spoke with a dealer and he told me that Dodge stopped production on this car cause of all the issues. I wish I had never bought this car!"

An excellent commuter car.

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun, sporty car to drive."

Cons: "Blind spot on driver's rear side."

"I bought my Caliber in 2007, love commuting daily with it. I like how roomy, and comfortable it is inside ( I can fit 2 adults, 3 children, and my dog comfortably), the cooling beverage compartment is convenient on long trips. Also it is nice that the driver's seat adjusts up or down for those of us that are short in stature. I do however agree that there is a blind spot that you have to be extra aware of on the driver's side. Up to this point I have only had to put my car in the shop once when the gearshift got stuck in park and had to be replaced, other than that it has only had routine maintenance and I would recommend the Caliber to someone looking for a spacious, affordable, and good-looking vehicle."

My First Car

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"I've admired the Dodge Caliber for several years and finally afforded my own. I was looking for a fuel efficient, spacious travel vehicle. I got what I wanted in the Caliber. However, I'm now looking toward the future and realizing that it won't be spacious enough to travel well with two children. The cargo space is generous when you have the option to fold the rear seats. Managing strollers and equipment to go tent camping will be more than a challenge when that is no longer an option. For the single individual or new couple this is still a car I would recommend."

Really an awesome deal...

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pros: "Awesome price, Cool fun Features, Killer Stock Sound System"

Cons: "Under the hood is hard to mess with"

"I have been driving my 2008 Caliber for about 75 miles a day every day for a while and the thing I love most about my A-B vehicle in the morning is the fact that I feel cocooned from the rest of the world. With one of the best factory sound systems I have ever heard and the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in I would definitely recommend this ride as the perfect all around vehicle. Sporty meets classy meets practical, a great combo all around. It's hard to take someone's opinion if you don't know where their experience stands so let me tell you I have driven everything from a 2005 Ford Ranger to a 2009 Honda Civic Si and this 2008 Dodge Caliber is the best vehicle I have ever owned."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"The only problem I found was the road noise."

Great vehicle for the money

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Have had this vehicle for nearly 4 years. Handles great, good gas mileage. No major problems to speak of. Heater works efficiently and quickly in the winter and A/C works great in summer. Great vehicle for the $$!"